Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Why not release on PC on the 19th as planned. It seems a no brainer to me. Money is coming in and the public is happy.

Nov 19th PC release, digital download = Profit

Release on Consoles, Dec 10 = Profit

Release on Stadia, when its ready = Profit

Cyberpunked.png

Why not release on PC on the 19th as planned. It seems a no brainer to me. Money is coming in and the public is happy.

Nov 19th PC release, digital download = Profit

Release on Consoles, Dec 10 = Profit

Release on Stadia, when its ready = Profit

Lawsuits and litigations because there are contractual obligations?

Imagine the amount of people now expecting a perfect game on release with all of these delays.. anything less and there will probably be a review bomb. They did a lot of damage here with this delay and we'll see how it all plays out.

I feel bad for the devs, this was a management breakdown. How is being branded as a company you can't trust anymore worth it? If the game has bugs, big deal patch it. Now it's unplayable on some systems, that's a different story and a major concern given its been 7 months since the initial intended release date.

I think its pretty pointless to make baseless accusations about things like cdpr being paid, or this is the result of a certain platform legal problems with release.

It doesnt even make sense that cd would take this massive hit to take some sort of payment from certain platforms.

Imagine the amount of people now expecting a perfect game on release with all of these delays.. anything less and there will probably be a review bomb. They did a lot of damage here with this delay and we'll see how it all plays out.

I feel bad for the devs, this was a management breakdown. How is being branded as a company you can't trust anymore worth it? If the game has bugs, big deal patch it. Now it's unplayable on some systems, that's a different story and a major concern given its been 7 months since the initial intended release date.

They should have delayed the Next Gen & Stadia launch until next year, & only focused on PC & current Gen.

I'm frankly a bit surprised. I've read the posts up until page 13, I'd say, then skipped 14 to 17 and assume the pattern is repeating.

Why am I surprised? That the game was delayed about 3 weeks before release? Sure, like many others.
Is this an inconvenience? Yes. It obviously is disappointing for those urgently wanting to play, no matter if the reasons for delay are understandable or not.

But I'm also surprised at some of the reactions, personally. That people voice their disappointment or even (tactful!) anger is perfectly understandable or fine. That some decide to cancel preorders - well, emotional decision or not, it's their money and their right, I suppose. People being angry for being unable to get already granted vacation days back? Okay, that sucks. Hope that works out though, maybe lenient bosses can give those back if you show them the "shitstorm", because this happened in at least one case that was mentioned here already (although I, in public sector, can under normal circumstances cancel them with ease even shortly before they would apply, so this seems a bit weird to me that some have issues with this)

But personally, I feel that some posts or reactions are perhaps a "tad too much". Or nearing a certain "line", you could say. And that's just referring to the ones moderation didn't delete according to forum rules.

Me? I'm like this right now:

I can only suggest some (to whom it may concern) to sleep it over and eventually just move on until December 10th, assuming this will be the final date for the last time. We got by about 8 years, we'll manage about one month and one week in addition. And even if they delay it again into January, that day will also come.

Throwing a fit (figuratively or literally) won't help, however. That is my personal opinion, and it is also of my assumption that most people, even the most vocal ones in mean fashion, will have forgotten once it's about to release and happily play.

With this likely outcome or realization for many, why go bonkers now? Again, voicing disappointment and so on, is fine and understandable but (hardcore!) ranting and outrages will not get you the product you desire earlier. You'd at best look silly in hindsight for some, depending on how much you threaten or rage (to those it may concern of course) come release day and happily playing.

I personally choose to remain calm and wait. One can criticize how things unfolded of course, but being overly emotional, I just consider to be a burden and strain - for one's own nerves

I'm frankly a bit surprised. I've read the posts up until page 13, I'd say, then skipped 14 to 17 and assume the pattern is repeating.

When you tell folks, it's here! No more delays! on multiple media outlets after you have had delays in the past and then go... Welp...

Namaste my friend, Namaste.

When you tell folks, it's here! No more delays! on multiple media outlets after you have had delays in the past and then go... Welp...

Namaste my friend, Namaste.

To highlight, if this is possibly misunderstood, I'm of course not trying to wash away the natural and expectable reactions or critique and understand them all, just feel that going full bonkers won't help.

But truly, perhaps "Namaste..." is a good option in coping :p

I, myself, will perfectly get by playing something else or doing something else.

I personally choose to remain calm and wait. One can criticize how things unfolded of course, but being overly emotional, I just consider to be a burden and strain - for one's own nerves

I think its time that people start asking questions about what is going on. This last delay is far bigger than those before, as they have spent massive amount of money on an ad campaign (7, 8 figures?) and now have to deal with that fact that its untrue. The date november 19th is on billboards, magazines and bus sides around the world, and no longer correct. Can people imagine the cost and more importantly the effect of this?

The reason for this delay must be equally massive. What is it?

I think its time that people start asking questions about what is going on. This last delay is far bigger than those before, as they have spent massive amount of money on an ad campaign and now have to deal with that fact that its untrue. The date november 19th is on billboards, magazines and bus sides around the world, and no longer correct. Can people imagine the cost and more importantly the effect of this?

Lmao, this is exactly why I think its so ridiculous people think that they just like, took some one off payment to delay the game almost an entire month.

This is a loss for them.

Though to be clear, I think its pointless to make baseless accustions and "just ask questions" about "what it is". We dont and cant know unless something leaks or actual evidence or proof is shown by someone with insider knowldge or whatever.\

Just be mad it was delayed, and move on unless more info on that specific topic comes out.

Lmao, this is exactly why I think its so ridiculous people think that they just like, took some one off payment to delay the game almost an entire month.

No its not. The figures are really that large in these matters. I still consider it likely that a deal with google or Microsoft is behind this. Or, a deal they made and now have difficulty to comply with (such as making a deal with google to ensure that the launch is simultaneous on all platforms including stadia)

Them having been paid a LOT - like more money then they would've earned by releasing on the 19th - for getting it released on all platforms.

Stadia, Playstation (PS4 & 5), Microsoft (Windows, Xbox last-gen, next gen), Steam and Epic have probably all shoveled major money at it - and with that I mean "please don't benefit our competitor just now that we're releasing next-gen" kind of money - and now CDPR can't back out of the promise of releasing on them all simultaniously, on punishment of not only losing their bonus, but their reputation with these companies AND possible litigation.

The game's good probably/hopefully, but it's not unlikely they can't get the blasted thing to work proper on consoles. Like Arkham Knight levels of trouble.

But we've been saying this for about 10 pages of this thread now, so that shouldn't be anything new, and your own suspicions aren't novel. Hell, even CDPR's blurb says as much. Welcome to the Thread BloodArtist.

Game has been delayed, welcome to game industry...here is a list of some games and the times they were delayed, some in detail and others whatever. Enough evidence that its not just 2077 OMG CDPR SUCKS!

Breath of the Wild. (2 years)
Team fortress 2, (8-10 years)
Prey, (11 years)
FF XV. (6 years + another 6 )during the name change, game change etc.
Pillars of Eternity, (1 Year)

But lets stick with this year on games that have been delayed due to all the various current year logistics or other reasons.

Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel’s Avengers, Dying Light 2, and Final Fantasy VII Remake , Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Skull & Bones, Doom Eternal (Nov 2019 - March 2020), The Last of Us Part 2 (Feb 2020 -June 2020). Metroid Prime 4 (restarted development), Watch Dogs :Legion, Rainbow six :Quarentine. Many of which were announced for 2019 release dates originally...
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and some other games that aren't even as technical or indepth as 2077 that have also been delayed from end of last year to this year and have yet to be released.

The list goes on....and some of those on the list are now Q1 2021. Doesn't even include the ones that are in pre-release forever stages.

But yes, blind hatred for 2077 or CDPR and the Devs, because you can't have in your hands when they promised it. Reality check, life doesn't work out the way its planned all the time or the way you want it to. No matter how much of a vocal minority screams on the forums about it.

No its not. The figures are really that large in these matters. I still consider it likely that a deal with google or Microsoft is behind this.

Alright, personally I think it's not even in the realm of possibility. They have to cover the losses over this delay and at the same time be hit by the losses them selfs.

The legal (as in they previously agreed to launch on certain platforms and have to honour that) argument - possible but again I think its pointless to talk about because their is no way of actually knowing.

And I feel like I need to mention - Im not defending the delay or saying people shouldnt feel certain ways about it. Just that starting conspiracies isnt a good idea. -So disagree with me on that.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel’s Avengers, Dying Light 2, and Final Fantasy VII Remake , Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Skull & Bones, Doom Eternal (Nov 2019 - March 2020), The Last of Us Part 2 (Feb 2020 -June 2020). Metroid Prime 4 (restarted development), Watch Dogs :Legion, Rainbow six :Quarentine. Many of which were announced for 2019 release dates originally...
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and some other games that aren't even as technical or indepth as 2077 that have also been delayed from end of last year to this year and have yet to be released.

Yeah, but many of that game after first delayed came out, they didn't get delayed again and again, plus CDPR said novembar 19th is 100% sure date all ready bla bla and then ops one more delayed, so it is not like people complain just out of hate.

Prey, (11 years)

Not sure that even counts. :ROFLMAO: That's more like Prey 2 having been announced in 2011, developed, then aborted in late 2011, and then a completely different game called Prey was announced in 2016 and then released in 2017.

That's not contiguous development and not even development of the same game.

It is what it is.

I respect your decision and francly don't get the outrage here.

This game was in development for many years, I see the point why the devs don't want to slip on the final meters and deliver a buggy mess.

I loved the Witcher games and finished W3 for the third time two days ago. I want CP2077 to be as good as W3. It's worth waiting three more weeks.

I'm depressed how toxic the gaming community can be.

Also if people cancel their pre order, it is their full right, they pay for a product and CDPR so far fail to deliver it not one time but three time, like some other person said if you pay for some product car,bike, tv........ and you don't get it after first date they told you and then they miss second and even therd date you have right to be angry.

Yeah, but many of that game after first delayed came out, they didn't get delayed again and again, plus CDPR said novembar 19th is 100% sure date all ready bla bla and then ops one more delayed, so it is not like people complain just out of hate.

Avengers launched so badly it would have been better if it hadn't released at all. Last of Us Part 2 only launched when it did because of all the leaks, Bloodlines 2 & Dying Light 2 have completely vanished from sight.
Point is that you are comparing Apples to Elephants.

Top Bottom