Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Yeah. That's the way the world with social media works. With all kinds of mediums, from politics to entertainment to cladding your cat with a jacket in some facebook catgroup.

I can't resist mentioning here, that this kind of behavior (with games) could be (or... could've been) well mitigated by concetrating first and foremost on more niche and focused audiences instead of everyone and their horribly clad cats. The rest of the audience will come to a good game, if it really is good.
Would you rather earn $10mln or $1bil? I mean...

There's one thing that can be confirmed about Cyberpunk 2077's release date:
It MUST release in 2020 in order to be released in the year that Cyberpunk 2020 takes place.
Even if that means that it releases on December 31, 2020 (the last day of the year), at least the opportunity wasn't wasted.
Besides, at that point, we honestly would take whatever you gave us whether it's bug-free or it's like Skyrim (if the bugs/glitches were bad).
Post automatically merged:

I would love it if someone played Cyberpunk 2077, but if they never installed the Day 1 patch just to see what the game would be like had it released as soon as it went gold. I'm not doing that because I want to play the product as they intended it: PATCHED.
Post automatically merged:

Would you rather earn $10mln or $1bil? I mean...
$10mln would be easier to earn than $1bln, but if I just got the money for free without any catches, then $1bln.

Last edited:
Let's be real: It'll renew itself come release. Not for all - but for many. The disappointment will dissipate and shift again for many as (new) release draws closer.

Nope, they really killed it for good.
It was WEEKS before release, marketing and hype at full potential, only for Nelson coming out of the bush "Ha! Ha!"

If the game release and it's really good, now, yeah, maybe some hype may be back.

But for now? It's like a game that will never release (another delay past december isn't excluded seemingly).
They can throw three NCWire at us, it won't help, people felt like they were joked at, at that point.

I know it's just a game, ect...
But you need to stay professional, that's what happens when you bait and push people over and over again, they get tired.

Some will react angrily, some other will be like "lol that game will never release, I'm over this"

It's not a small team doing an indie Mod, it's a fully established developper who can't set in stone a solid release date, three week is nothing, but it's not usual if you take all of the press event from E3 2018, keanu reeve, etc...
It's unusual.

Last edited:
Yes, hiding things to your own employees that affect them to such an extend is plain wrong.

You seem to be constantly forgetting that a company is not a democratic entity. Top level management has a clearly defined responsibilities and informing employees about planned changes is not one of them. Is it fair? Probably not. Is it wrong? No, it's not. It's part of the work contract you are signing as an employee and part of the obligations the company has with the shareholders.

It a matter of how you class people.
Personally, I have more trust in someone that I didn't catch blatantly lying (even if by conspiracy theory, by the real definition of it and not the one most people imagine, he could be lying) than into someone which is a recognized liar.

Of course. I, on the other hand, will never believe a person which calls itself a "journalist", while constantly pushing his own opinions, agendas and banning everyone, who dares to try to discuss anything with him.

So, I registered just to say I really don't care if it's delayed. Some people could use a little life perspective. Getting this upset about a game is pretty sad. Worse, the utter pond scum sending death threats to the devs.

Just behave.

On the plus side, I'm here now. Really raging that someone already registered "Ydiss" though; barely ever seen anyone use that name in over 20 years online. Smart tech nail bomb is in the post.

So, I registered just to say I really don't care if it's delayed. Some people could use a little life perspective. Getting this upset about a game is pretty sad. Worse, the utter pond scum sending death threats to the devs.

Those people are a minority.
Most people aren't even upset, more like "yeah, come back some day when you'll have a final release for good".

People who took hard earned days-off, that CDPR confirmed as a solid release, etc...

The fact they react just shows they care about that game and CDPR, or no one would give a f***
I wouldn't send them deaththreats, that's childish, but yeah... All those delays that pop up at random times gets on people's nerves.

We all want the best game ever, but we'd also like that, that/those persons (not the devs obviously, they're just there to code and shit), who're responsible for the dates and planning get their shit together and just put a vague date like "end 2020 /Q4 2020".

It would create way less drama.

Nope, they really killed it for good.
It was WEEKS before release, marketing and hype at full potential, only for Nelson coming out of the bush "Ha! Ha!"

If the game release and it's really good, now, yeah, maybe some hype may be back.

But for now? It's like a game that will never release (another delay past december isn't excluded seemingly).
They can throw three NCWire at us, it won't help, people felt like they were joked at, at that point.

I understand the criticism of your post, but I don't think you can speak for all (implied by your words at least).

And saying the game will never release is what someone called "hyperbole", I think, or feeding it. Frustration is one thing and perfectly understandstable, total defeatism or over-exaggeration is however not helpful for one's own nerves, I believe.

But, to each their own. Myself? I'm this:

I've waited years for the game. Another three weeks isn't too bad from my point of view. Throwing some love your way after all the vitriol.
Roll on Dec 10th.
Regards.

Keep your head up CDPR.:giggle:
2020 has just been shitty for everyone and you are not to blame.
I was super hyped for April release.
Less hyped for September.
No more hype left for November.
Now the release is december and i couldn't care less for this delay at all.
I had to adjust my planned days off 2 times and I can't move it anymore
Even if the game comes out in December, I can't play it properly till 18th and most likely I will not touch the game until i can.
I don't think I will play the game a lot. I KNOW I will.
That is the trust you earned and my loyalty is not easily broken.
Just as I won't play the game till i can properly (it will influence my work when i no-life),
don't release the game until you can do it properly.
Do the correct thing and stay safe.
-From a (com)passionate fan of your work-

<<noob - I just registered. I normally don't even bother with forums or social media anymore. Because there is just too much noise to deal with. Everyone likes to give there opinions on things that they have no clue what it takes to build. But here is my $1.05

First and foremost I too am disappointed in the delay. I was really hyped for this game like most others. However it takes some really big b@lls to delay a game, especially multiple times. Or to delay a release of any product for that matter. I doubt the decision was made easy. I also have a feeling it wasn't easy for the dev team with COVID being in the mix. I work in Enterprise IT and I wish more companies would delay to fix things. I cant tell you how many times I have been told we are pushing something out "because it needs to be done" or "because we have a deadline". So I jump through hoops and have to resort to work arounds just to make it happen. Don't even get me started with Windows Updates and Microsoft. That company needs to redo that whole department PERIOD!

I understand the frustration and I feel bad for people that took time off to play the game. And now they have to reschedule or take the vacation without a game to play. It really does suck!

We all need to take a step back and worry more about the quality of the product we put out there. By product I mean how we treat ourselves and others around us. Threating people over a video game is absolutely uncalled for. You really need to take a step back and look in the mirror. Also maybe look at some mental health counseling. I have a feeling some of them (dev team) behind the scenes didn't see it coming. So how about a little respect and back off!

My hats off the to people behind the scenes who had a hand in developing this game. You all deserve a pat on the back and a fat bonus! I have always said the people (upper management) that run the company have no idea what it takes to build/develop a product. Without the littles guys your company wouldn't be S@it! I don't know what the atmosphere is at CD Projekt Red. I hope the upper management and stockholders the sit in their big glass offices listen to the people who actually do the work. And also learn how to communicate better as a company.

I can't wait for this game. And whether its Dec 10th or sometime in 2021 you can bet I will be downloading it that day!

I'm frankly a bit surprised. I've read the posts up until page 13, I'd say, then skipped 14 to 17 and assume the pattern is repeating.

Why am I surprised? That the game was delayed about 3 weeks before release? Sure, like many others.
Is this an inconvenience? Yes. It obviously is disappointing for those urgently wanting to play, no matter if the reasons for delay are understandable or not.

So I have a thought on this besides just the blanket "sense of overblown entitlement" argument. While yes that is becoming more and more of a thing and very potentially THE driving factor, I think a measurable chunk of the reaction comes from the current corporate culture. Business is very little about actual customer service and satisfaction anymore and is massively swung to the side of profit, shareholders and the bottom line. As such, the companies will do anything to save the profit and avoid making things right with the customer if it comes at a cost. They specifically teach frontline employees to avoid giving credits, refunding charges, providing replacements, etc unless the customer FORCES it. Reasonable tone of voice and explanation very often won't get you there. You HAVE to scream, threaten and just generally make a big enough stink that it pushes you to that category of the "squeakiest wheel".

And in doing so, they have trained the customers to believe, "If you want us to fix it, don't be cool and rational, you have to freak out and act like a psycho."

So people do. Being in the customer service industry, I hate it. I really just want to give someone what they deserve, maybe a little extra to make it right. But I am forces to weigh the bottom line and "how upset are they really?" and how much noise are they making and what value is their account. It sucks. SO MUCH.

And it just teaches people to over react to everything and demand the moon to get satisfaction.

I don't approve death threats. The media is blowing out of proportion saying that all gamers are like this. Its only a minority. It seems like this is becoming like a new normal when somebody doesn't like it the product or how it went some people will just send death threats. Its happening all over the entertainment industry.

Top Bottom