Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Chimps are trained to use PCs nowadays, everybody has a smart phone since 2007, i remember prior that year a lot of folks didn't even know how to use an E-mail, save for facebook,internet in general or anything else :D You , like me, have too much faith in humankind. I just really hope things stay in the place they deserve, we are talking about entertainment here and a hobby, so it's not a priority, hence being threatening with people for such products (and in general) is utterly idiotic and should be persecuted at once.
I didn't get a smart phone until 2019.

So i guess its time for me to chip in. As an avid PC and rpg gamer ive been looking forward to this game since the first reveal teaser. I pre ordered it like 1,5 years ago at this point and i upgraded my pc for like 4-5k euro just for this game. True i can use it for other things but 4k 60+ fps with all the bells and whistles on was my goal. Just got confirmation my 3090 is on its way so seems ill get it done (was worried i might have to play with rtx/DLSS off)

I get the anger and the frustration, death threats are however never ok. Im more worried then angry tbh. Havent even watched some of the later NCW since it seems to be showing off stuff thats not that important for me. "GTA 2077" springs to mind.

I get that they dont wanna spoil the game for ppl but ive not seen any of the RPG elements (other then conversation) Is the game truely a RPG? Is it even close to what im hoping for? I kinda think not atm. Feels more like Dragon age 2... Action game with some Rpg mechanics. Will it be more delays to "polish"? Havent they been polishing it for like a year now? These are some of the questions im starting to have. The trust have been broken, it will take a lot for me to get back to simply trusting CDPR again.

I wanted to say that after some thought, I will not cancel my pre-order. It's not that much money. However, I am expecting the game to be broken like Andro"my face is tired"meda.

What I really want is a better managed CDPR, a CDPR that doesn't whip its devs to make miracles happen and doesn't murder their free time in exchange for a payday, no matter how much it is. CDPR must become the ideal it presents itself as. I cannot accept that all game companies are slave masters.

There will have to be a reckoning at CDPR, they cannot possibly continue in this way, no amount of money can account for turning one's life into utter drudgery. I say this having gone through a week of constant work last week, it was terrible and I was wondering if I was going to die of a sudden heart attack. How does the project manager justify this to himself? Does he sleep well at night?

All complaints aside: CDPR cannot go on like this anymore. CDPR must reform. Fire the project manager and give their employees their lives.

Yes! That's pretty much it.

It's understandable to be pissed about the delay, it's a broken promisse, but in the other hand the criticism serves to make the management better, not to burn down the company, or the developers.

The reddit post tweeted by LegacyKillaHD in the link below is extremely concerning. First of all, is that reddit post actually from an anonymous CDPR dev? That's what people are saying and that the game should get delayed another 4-5 months to assure that it will be a masterpiece of a game and get a 90+ score on Metacritic.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 coming out too soon or is it on the right track for a December 10th release?

the not comfortable was explained as they where unhappy didnt hit the 19th date not that they expected there to be more delays

I just want to support all of you guys at CD PROJEKT RED.
please check this out I cannot say it better myself.
Love you guys and see you soon in night city!

the not comfortable was explained as they where unhappy didnt hit the 19th date not that they expected there to be more delays

Well, not exactly, in the transcript (pdf - page 7) of this conference you can see this:

"Q10: Okay, so – basically – we can be comfortable now that the game is definitely coming out on December 10, is that what you’re saying? MN: That’s more or less what I’m saying, I guess – yes. "

Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/presentations/?presentationtype=conference-calls

So, yes, another delay may come, if it's needed.

That's a very bad decision. I just hope I can play the game this year. :giveup:
By the way, when raising the quality, please please include the perk/skill system. The leaked perks are not quite balanced.

So uh, what's with the broken promises commentary? When did video game release dates become concrete, promises? I've always viewed them as rough outlines. Product being made, product expected to be ready by X date, let's see if we can hit it.

No promises were made, no lies were told. The game was supposed to be ready again and failed to hit the mark. Disappointing, sure. Did someone probably screw up? Yes, indeed. Whomever was responsible for declaring the release date clearly has room for improvement. But, uh, shit happens. It's a video game. Entertainment.... The world isn't going to spin off it's axis and implode.

Obviously, it sucks for people planning for it and adjusting their life around it. Vacation and whatnot. Granted, I'd equate that to buying a yacht because you purchased lottery tickets. Given how video games have a history of missing their target release dates....

"Q10: Okay, so – basically – we can be comfortable now that the game is definitely coming out on December 10, is that what you’re saying? MN: That’s more or less what I’m saying, I guess – yes."

So, yes, another delay may come, if it's needed.

Maybe we need to have a solid date for an announcement of when the announced release date is solid.....:confused:

I wanted to say that after some thought, I will not cancel my pre-order. It's not that much money. However, I am expecting the game to be broken like Andro"my face is tired"meda.

What I really want is a better managed CDPR, a CDPR that doesn't whip its devs to make miracles happen and doesn't murder their free time in exchange for a payday, no matter how much it is. CDPR must become the ideal it presents itself as. I cannot accept that all game companies are slave masters.

There will have to be a reckoning at CDPR, they cannot possibly continue in this way, no amount of money can account for turning one's life into utter drudgery. I say this having gone through a week of constant work last week, it was terrible and I was wondering if I was going to die of a sudden heart attack. How does the project manager justify this to himself? Does he sleep well at night?

All complaints aside: CDPR cannot go on like this anymore. CDPR must reform. Fire the project manager and give their employees their lives.
Good grief talk about hyperbole. You talk like CDPR is some Soviet Union Gulag. Pretty sure those employees have the option to quit...and it's not like anyone signing on with a videogame company is unaware of the need for overtime at the end of development cycles. What this really sounds like to me is you hate your job and you're projecting your frustrations onto CDPR.

They could at least release an open BETA or a public Demo, containing a small section of the map. They can release the full game at a later date if it prevents crunch. They can also get feedback on how it performs on PCs and consoles from us and this may also reduce the backlash due to the delay.
It also helps us benchmark the game on lower-end PCs and current-gen consoles.

Instead you see the game hasn't gone gold at all yet, even if they payed KEANO Reaves a large sum of money to advertise the title has gone GOLD. Awesome Ad though
I really hope they haven't started mastering discs yet or we won't be able to play the game on consoles almost at all if we don't download a humongous day one patch.
Post automatically merged:

So uh, what's with the broken promises commentary? When did video game release dates become concrete, promises? I've always viewed them as rough outlines. Product being made, product expected to be ready by X date, let's see if we can hit it.

No promises were made, no lies were told. The game was supposed to be ready again and failed to hit the mark. Disappointing, sure. Did someone probably screw up? Yes, indeed. Whomever was responsible for declaring the release date clearly has room for improvement. But, uh, shit happens. It's a video game. Entertainment.... The world isn't going to spin off it's axis and implode.

Obviously, it sucks for people planning for it and adjusting their life around it. Vacation and whatnot. Granted, I'd equate that to buying a yacht because you purchased lottery tickets. Given how video games have a history of missing their target release dates....
I totally agree with the last paragraph, but even if I couldn't care less of the concept of "broken promises" in this case, I must say that in the moment you open pre-orders and start getting money from people (literally selling your product), then you are making a commitment. Now, is the umpteenth delay a SERIOUS problem? No, it's a goddamn videogame. Is it embarrassing from CDPR? To say the least.
On the other hand, you may say that there's NO VALID reason to pre-order games unless discounts or collectors editions, in particular if you're pre-ordering a game in digital delivery, and here we would 300% agree.

Last edited:
Its been about SIXTEEN months since Keanu Reeves blew up the internet in E3 2019, and created a tidal wave of hype for CP2077. People cannot - will not - maintain the fervor and hype forever.

The real crime was the "gone gold" exclamation which people took as confirmation that this time the release date would actually hold, and hype started to build up again. Then it didn't. CDPR not only broke the promise, but now hype has reached the Duke Nukem-stage, where it starts to turn against itself. Hype is not yet realized and people won't wait forever. This was even more painful because CDPR has the reputation of being very nostalgic and old-school (CD's are in the name) so "going gold" has a special meaning for them. Up until this point, that is.

Moreover, CDPR has broke too many (if not all) of their promises. Now people start to wonder whether their claims about the game itself, whether its as great as advertised, are any more true than the claims about release dates or lack of crunch.

Three weeks delay is not the issue here. The issue (at least for me personally) is whether I can trust a single word that is coming out of CDPR anymore. They have proven themselves extremely untrustworthy. You have played with peoples feelings too much. I am happy to see justified backlash (not the death threats) so at least I am not alone in my feelings. The goodwill is extremely low right now.

I can only hope that since the fiscal year of 2020 is coming to a close, CDPR is forced to release the game no matter what they say and in what condition the game is.

ps. I have never been a CDPR fan. I didn't play witcher until after the CP2077 hype train started. I never understood the singlemindedness with which people have defended CDPR. Seems like all the prejudices I had when I joined the forums were justified. They are no different from any other company.

Last edited:
The problem is simple.
CDPR didn't rushed their game, but they clearly rushed their promotional campaign.

One year earlier and watch the mess they made.
The 1h gameplay would've been released in 2019, and Keanu at E3 this year, things would've been way less messy.

Early 2019 the game was clearly NOT ready, and Covid wasn't even a thing (or not as big as what it went to).

They rushed the promo which confused people, it's ok if the game isn't ready, people can understand that, but if you keep telling them that it's finished and you need to polish them, they expect something close to release.

Uhhhh what? Rough outlines? No promises were made?

Understanding I'm on a CDPR forum but damn, people really are out here making this big of excuses for bad marketing.

They dug themselves in this hole, let them fucking sit in it

"AK: We feel firm. As I said, the game is releasable on the 19th and having those 3 more weeks just gives us more changes to fix this and that – so we feel secure. Of course the decision was not easy, but we also know that the release only happens once. The first impression is crucial, and in the long run having a few things done which wouldn’t have been done in time for the 19th will work in our favor. We feel – maybe not comfortable [chuckle], but confident and will are releasing on the 10th. "

Top Bottom