New Journey Starts Today!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Alzur and Snowdrop are here! Get ready for a brand new Journey filled with remarkable rewards!

Learn more on the dedicated Journey page!

Last edited:
I already said this in the update thread, but I absolutely LOVE Alzur's taunts. Was worth unlocking premium just for those, honestly.

I also like that there are so many contracts for using the various trinkets that can be unlocked. Lots of premium Legendaries guaranteed on the premium path, too, which is always nice, and all in all the premium path rewards look way better than with Ciri's Journey.

In other words, I'm really liking this one!

Seems a bit weird to me that you decided to go for a side character instead of Yen or Dandelion, but if the prophecies are true and the next expansion really is witcher themed, it makes perfect sense to choose Alzur.

I'm not a big fan of the Alzur skin, but i do like the coins and cardbacks a lot. :)

I like what I see here... Kudos!!

CDPR listened to the feedback from the Ciri journey. The excessive grind is gone (i.e. no post 100 contracts that I can see), all the bonus cosmetics are hidden behind contracts that can be completed at your leisure, and guaranteed premium legendary cards. With 60 levels from quests, that leaves 39 levels to obtain through play. Easily done for casual players or people joining later in the Journey. I suspect the uber-grind probably deterred a lot of people from upgrading to Premium outside of the first few weeks during Ciri.

I'll miss the post-100 reward key contracts, but I'll gladly sacrifice them to get rid of the extremely negative / toxic consequences that they caused. Hopefully we won't see people playing Tier 1 Pro decks in Casual to grind Journey levels anymore and that mode can go back to actually being a relaxing place where you can play meme / experimental decks or go to practice with new factions.

Seems a bit weird to me that you decided to go for a side character instead of Yen or Dandelion, but if the prophecies are true and the next expansion really is witcher themed, it makes perfect sense to choose Alzur.

I'm not a big fan of the Alzur skin, but i do like the coins and cardbacks a lot. :)

I suspect they didn't want to make people choose between playing Gwent and playing Cyperpunk 2077. If there was a popular premiuim character like Yen, Triss or Dandelion, that might have been the case. That probably also factored into getting rid of the post-100 grind. After all, you don't want to sabotage sales of your own game by competing against yourself. :p

[...]
For me that was the case with the Ciri Journey.

I really like this journey and its seems they improved a lot after Ciri's Journey (not just the character).
I really like Alzur being in the game and the fact that the ultimate ornament for Alzur seems to be Alzur's Shield is also very nice.

I like how this Journey is developed, it has elements for dedicated players that do not interfere with the healthy progress of the event.
The change between random cards for specific cards is very good too, it will be a great help for new players.

Positive in everything, we return to the path of Geralt :beer:

A shame that they have chosen to make Ciri's a toxic grindable trash, they could have tried this guy.:giveup:

Just wandering, i dint see changes in cards with Alzurs theme (like happens with ciri nova).

So i think in the next expansion there will be alzurs cards

As a player since closed beta, all I can say is the downfall of this game really kicked in with all this in game purchase BS - Journey isn't in the remotest bit exciting to most players, you have some stragglers who will stick around and buy just about anything but many players got sick of all the glorified trinkets

As a player since closed beta, all I can say is the downfall of this game really kicked in with all this in game purchase BS - Journey isn't in the remotest bit exciting to most players, you have some stragglers who will stick around and buy just about anything but many players got sick of all the glorified trinkets
Would you prefer that non-vanities are the source of income ?
... yea, I did not think so.
Btw, I have also played this game since Closed Beta and you can trust me that the game had actual downfalls that go far beyond anything you are stating to see.
You cannot be serious about the current situation being even remotely as horrendous as initial Weather Gwent or pre-Novigrad Homecoming.
From Iron Judgement onward the game got only better (in my opinion).

DRK3

Forum veteran
I praise the dev team for trying something new and going with a more obscure character rather than another obvious pick, but i think this will result in smaller profits from journey pass purchases, as some players simply arent interested if they dont know the character, even if you will develop it precisely with this journey story (and hopefully on the expansion, there MUST be an Alzur's card)

Also, due to the burnout from the previous Journey, requiring lv up until 175, it might push some more players away, specially when there are 0 balance changes and the meta will remain the same.

Me, im still waiting for the Ciri contract bugs to be fixed before i make any decisions about purchases.

Gotta say, I didn’t expect the next journey to start today. I am impressed. Although the lack of faction challenge now compounded with a lack of faction event like GUC, suggests those contracts are now dead.
Post automatically merged:

Would you prefer that non-vanities are the source of income ?
... yea, I did not think so.
Btw, I have also played this game since Closed Beta and you can trust me that the game had actual downfalls that go far beyond anything you are stating to see.
You cannot be serious about the current situation being even remotely as horrendous as initial Weather Gwent or pre-Novigrad Homecoming.
From Iron Judgement onward the game got only better (in my opinion).

I am very serious. Faction identity has been nuked. I could give you a laundry list but I will instead simply say the third row is missed as are a bunch of other pre homecoming features.

I'm happy to see that the Journey progression system has improved. Well done! :ok:

I also like most of the cosmetic items, but not the japanese-themed ones.

Also, due to the burnout from the previous Journey, requiring lv up until 175, it might push some more players away, specially when there are 0 balance changes and the meta will remain the same.

Indeed, having a back-to-back Journey will affect their sales. When you release similar content in a short time-window, you should expect lower sales.

As far as the meta is concerned, I think it can still evolve, even without changes. Before the Tournament, I saw not a single "Allgod" or "Redanian archer". After the Gwent Open I encountered multiple cards popularized at the event. The meta shifted without any change from the dev side.

I think there is room for experimentation and few underrated cards might shake up the meta.

I praise the dev team for trying something new and going with a more obscure character rather than another obvious pick, but i think this will result in smaller profits from journey pass purchases, as some players simply arent interested if they dont know the character
Ay, I'm all for creativity, and exploring new stories as well, but, I must admit, I'm also rather curious how Alzur will fare. Here's hoping he wins over a few players.
I also like most of the cosmetic items, but not the japanese-themed ones.
I'm inclined to agree. I find both these, and those from Ciri's journey, puzzlingly misplaced.

Alzur is the pre-history of the witchers. Like The Silmarillion is to Lord of the Rings. Fans of that book wouldn't take too kindly to categorizing Fëanor as a "side character." He's a good example cuz his stones (Palantíri) are getting passed around in LoTR. In the witcher universe we've got all this Alzur'z {X} legacy stuff floating around. I think its neat to travel back in time and meet a titan of history long gone.

Very big improvement over the ciri's journey. No more excessive grind, guaranteed legendaries and overall a better estethics.
I took a pause after ciri's journey because I was burned out and the meta was stale, istantly bought alzur journey just to support the company ( and I can play at my pace, which is one with a very busy life with university and work ). Also congratulations to neutral kegs and Draft Mode. This is the direction many people wanted, not it's just a matter of rebalancing cards and make the game more dynamic.

[ Patch 7.4 out - Everybody Liked That ]

I like this new journey, Alzur is a very interesting key figure in the Witcher universe.

Since I haven't read the books I have no clue of how the Witchers came to be so i appreciate this lore enriching move by CDPR.

The cosmetics look cool and they kept em within the 100lvls which means less grind and a healthier gaming experience for everyone.

I will be playing to reach lvl 100 and earn everything, good luck and a good journey to all of us !

Cheers ! :beer:

A much better Journey than that of Ciri:
  • nicer rewards during the 100 levels;
  • extra cosmetics tied to achievable contracts instead of excessive levels;
  • maintains extra RP after reaching level 100, but removes the grind for cosmetics;
  • higher quality of artwork on the new cardbacks and avatars.
All in all, looks like a more enjoyable Journey to play than Ciri's as there's no pressure to obtain (almost) EVERYTHING within the 3 months that the Journey will cover.
Thank you.

I think it's great that they didn't go for the MOST OBVIOUS and already very well known characters like Triss or Yennifer or smtn like that, instead they went for a less covered character that is still important and interesting. :) I mean the Witcher universe is much larger then just the 5 main characters that revolve around Geralt lol.

Top Bottom