The literal Comfort Zone – Reasons you are happy that CP2077 releases later

+
I’m going through something of a small rough patch in my life right now and I’ve recently turned my attention more to feel-good games and stuff that’s a bit more wholesome. Spiritfarer, Hades, Stardew, older Final Fantasy titles.

The delay and the articles about crunch, have tempered my interest in CP77 into being something that I can pass up on now, which is a good thing, considering my mood.

I don’t need the gritty cynicism and reality of Night City right now. Don’t get me wrong, I’m usually into that... but not right now. Had it launched this month and with the type of anticipation I had earlier, I wouldn’t have had much fun playing it I think.

Besides, the new graphics card thing didn’t quite pan out. I saw a 3070 being available in my local store, but for an eye watering 680 euros, I gave it a pass. 5 minutes later it was gone.

Nope. Imma grab a blanket, some hot coco, save my money and unwind consuming sentimental crap for November, and maybe even through December, passing CP77 by.

Last edited:
well.. there's Godfall for me. A nice short looter slasher with friends might satiate me for the time being. There's WD: Legion, but despite the fact that it screams everything I love in theory *cough* 3rd person Cyberpunk *cough*, I'm just not as into it as everyone else..

Well, there's that Halloween event in Diabotical, which includes a pack of different cosmetics. Given the coins I had had at the time were sufficient either for the battlepass or the pack, I went with the former. Man, I love Halloween and all those themed events, this has been the best Spooktoober in my life so far and battlepasses, no matter how good they are and how much I'm in love with the game, tend to kill the fun for me. So no battlepass.

And I will also be buying DOOM: Eternal Year One Pass this week, I think, now that I have more time at my hands. Gotta beat the base game with extra attention to detail, read every single thing there is to read, and then beat the DLC with all the same extra attention to detail!

Man, I barely notice this delay, honestly.

Ive been following BG3. Probably the next game I move to after this. Ive watched a bit of Dragon Age 4 too. So happy Fantasy is coming back again, I think we had like 4-5 grim years. Diablo 4 is on the way too.

More time for me to enjoy Watch Dogs Legion and tomorrow start on AC Valhalla...at this point I honestly don't care that it got delayed.

More time for me to enjoy Watch Dogs Legion and tomorrow start on AC Valhalla...at this point I honestly don't care that it got delayed.

Same, I still have several games to clear out until the ultimate CP2077 experience. These games probably won't be as enjoyable after playing CP2077 so I'd like to finish them first

I've got nothing on why it is specifically good it was delayed (not salty either, it just is what it is), BUT I've got a bit of positivity:
The vacation time I was expressly told I could not reschedule again, got rescheduled to start December 9th through the next week!!!

Well I suppose things have just been ABSOLUTE ZOZZLE on a global scale and spiritual level for a while now so I've just been trying to hang in there and manage life and all that would be expected and unexpected, and delays mean that Cyberpunk2077 is a better game if and when finally release if God allows ZA WARUDO to ever reach that point, ya know?
I'm happy with CDPR and I know they're doing their best, and I'm proud of them.
In the mean time, comfort zone dance

One thing I somehow forgot to mention earlier in this thread is how much I am going to miss you guys and this forum as online social activity of mine in general once Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Not that I'll be playing it non-stop and thus won't have any time to hang around - I'm going pitch black on media to avoid any content regarding the game other than my own experience with it. I've been waiting since 2012 and I want to be surprised at every single tiny little bit of Cyberpunk 2077 first-hand, exclusively.

But hell, I'll be back. I'll be back reading and writing and arguing about everything there is to that game, you watch me.

One thing I somehow forgot to mention earlier in this thread is how much I am going to miss you guys and this forum as online social activity of mine in general once Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Not that I'll be playing it non-stop and thus won't have any time to hang around - I'm going pitch black on media to avoid any content regarding the game other than my own experience with it. I've been waiting since 2012 and I want to be surprised at every single tiny little bit of Cyberpunk 2077 first-hand, exclusively.

But hell, I'll be back. I'll be back reading and writing and arguing about everything there is to that game, you watch me.

Ditto, sorta. My time to step back from the internet is getting nearer by the minute but I'll return, eventually.

Guest 4406876

Wait for the online, hopefully, and we'll all be togheter bashing stuff around :D (or abusing drugs and yelling at others) in Night City.

Wait for the online, hopefully, and we'll all be togheter bashing stuff around :D (or abusing drugs and yelling at others) in Night City.
Yelling and bashing each other, in all the ways!

Seriously, though, from a game so anticipated, I expect the multiplayer to be massive, like, the old days massive when it all was chaotic and fun. Think HL2:DM or Team Fortress 2 chaotic at times, presumed lack of a set objective Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer may have will definitely accommodate people's endeavors to entertain themselves.

Speaking of multiplayer, any ideas what the title will be like? Cyberpunk: NET? Cyberpunk (2077) Online? Cyberpunk: Solos and Bozos?

I'm happy with later release dates because it lets the devs add more content and give them time to deal with stubborn bugs and glitches without having to sacrifice sleep to crunch hours.

So, instead of being (understandably!) sad or angry, the goal of this thread is to share inspiring stories what to do with the free time we win by not playing Cyberpunk yet.
Please don't turn this into another thread about the delay. There already is one.

So to start with me: Yes, I am sad and I've been waiting for this game very long and planned my job around it as best I could (unfortunately I can't take a vacation at certain times due to the nature of my job, and November–December is a no go unless I'm sick or needed by family members).

But now I will use the free time I made to play "Yakuza: Lika a dragon" (or "Yakuza 7"). I've started playing the Yakuza games two years ago and I really like them for their characters and story, but also for the absurdness and earnestness all at once. The game releases on November 10th and I knew I wouldn't have the time to play it properly before CP2077 releases. But now I got a full month for Y:LAD – and that comforts me.

What comforts you?
Getting the game in a better and more bug free state. There have been way too many games released lately that follow the pattern of fixing it later, giving player a terrible first impression and potentially killing the game straight away. Just look at that new Avenger game, Anthem etc.

I personally don't want companies to think that this is acceptable and it becoming the "standard" way of releasing games. All players already know that games will have bugs in them and we accept it. But I don't think that companies should expect us to just buy games which are barely playable on release and then having to wait 6 month or a year for it to be good, at that point people have lost interest and moved on.

In regards to Cyberpunk I want it to release as a massive success, so CDPR want to invest even more in it, with new minor content, expansions, DLCs etc. There is a huge potential in this game, both its settings and RPG style, which we haven't really seen before. So it would be sad to see it crash like Anthem etc. or IPs like Mass effect, just because they had to rush it.

I think that CDPR have the right mindset, and fully understand people that have planned vacation around it, being annoyed. But how annoying would it be to spend your vacation on it to then finding out that it is a buggy mess that is hardly playable. Then I would personally prefer them to delay it.

While waiting I picked up a couple new hobbies, got a rifle, learned to sight it in & shoot, then went out hunting got a buck with a clean heart shot, then learned how to field dress, skin, and butcher it!

Top Bottom