What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

+

What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

• Total voters
I've always loved the PC for mods, backwards compatibility, emulation, and indie titles. This game will be a fine addition to that collection.

What are you getting? 3070, 3080, 3090?
I bought rtx 3070 gainward phoenix gs edition, and I really hope I will be able to play CP2077 on 1440p with ray tracing on high or maybe highest detail
None, I'm getting the rtx 2070 super. I was tempted to wait but I ordered a couple weeks ago and I'm not that bothered about getting the new stuff (more so given the shortage of stock, it's driven the UK prices up beyond my budget, so I'd have needed to sacrifice elsewhere which I wasn't willing to do).

I'm happy with the configuration I chose though. I'm upgrading from a 13 year old system I built (Q6600 quad core, 6gb 800mhz ram where the only "new" parts are the 670 GTX and a ssd!) and the new system will both obliterate that and do more than well enough on all existing and new games. It's a good enough system to give me lots of upgrade potential too (it's the Ryzen 7 3700x now but I've got the option to upgrade that and the ram if I ever need to, which I'm thinking will be a long time yet). M.2 1tb system drive plus 1tb 7200rpm storage is nice too.

My chosen build also let me upgrade from a 24" 60hz to a 27" 144hz panel. I can't wait to use it. I think that swayed me the most to go for the 2070 super; could have done the "wait to upgrade" thing but then I'd be sat here now waiting for the 6000 series to launch as well... And even if I got that and the next gen Ryzen cpu, I'd be sat playing it on a very old panel... Just didn't seem to make any sense to me. I reckon what I've got is nicely balanced.

In terms of CP2077... It'll do plenty :) I've no doubt your chosen card will ace it too. This game won't need more than 60fps. It's not a Twitch shooter. So 60fps stable is realistic for a 3070. It's a lovely card.

Got my new pc yesterday. It's amazing. Just need a game to properly put it to the test now...

:think:

Yeah CPDR bought me a PC as an apology for wasting my vacation. I wanted to ask for an Xbox Series X, but I'm not particularly assertive.

Yes...that's a joke :ROFLMAO::LOL:;)

I was going to play it on PS4 but now that it's been revealed this version is the cause for the delay and that I suspect it will be a more painful experience than expected, I'll go PC.

The Personal Computer will always be the superior platform.

Nah, the VR Pod is the ultimate platform.

For those out of the know. The VR Pod is a super computer that hooks you up much like people in the Matrix. It activates the muscles in your body to keep you in shape. Allows you to move, feel, taste, and smell in a virtual world, and it feeds you the necessary nutrition to keep you alive while having equipment in place to eliminate your waste. You can literally remain in the pod for months at a time working, studying, or gaming.

Pc for me. I'll most likely pick it up on console as well but I don't plan on buying one soon. Maybe next year.

Ugghh I had a chance to buy a PS5 and I didn't because I thought I'd wait... If I'd known CP2077 was gunna run bad on the PS4 I would have bought the dang PS5.

Ugghh I had a chance to buy a PS5 and I didn't because I thought I'd wait... If I'd known CP2077 was gunna run bad on the PS4 I would have bought the dang PS5.
Well we still don't know that.
Of course they said that the current gen consoles were the ones giving trouble, but they didn't add anything on that.
If I really have to bet...the Xbox One is the most problematic one. It is a bit weaker than the base PS4 in "heavy games", it always runs at dynamic lower resolutions way below the 1080p target, and it struggles to maintain a stable 30 fps target. PS4 on the other hand seems to be more solid: dynamic resolution is higher and can reach the 1080p target and the framerate is usually a solid 30fps (pretty much). Take a look at the WD Legion analysis by Digital Foundry for example.

But still, we need to see some footage. I still am unsure about where to get the game.

No.
I this case I speak for CP77 and CDPR. I talk only about things where I involved and know a few things about.

I read this quite a few times and how pissed could the console players be if this realy would happened?
What if it would be the opposite? Would the PC players say: "Release for Console. Patch PC later."
I am a little bit sad how selfish people can be.
That included me too. I am no better.

Ok, allow me to enlighten you on how things between consoles and pc releases work.

A lot of AAA console games take over a year to release on pc. Is it because the developers are trying to get it working on pc, but pcs are just not powerful enough to handle the console game graphics/framerates? No, lol. The reason why a ton of pc ports come out way later than the console release is purely because of exclusivity contracts (aka bribes) to exclude pc players from playing the game in order to push more console sales.

The hypocrisy of calling pc players "selfish" when this happens to pc players all the time except with longer delays for much less valid reasons, is staggering. I think console players should realize that maybe their decade-old consoles would present very real challenges for running a cutting-edge, modern game. And these challenges give a very justified reason for a delayed release on those platforms, completely contrary to the reason that pc releases are delayed. So, no, console players are not being purposefully marginalized or excluded, but the delay would be for a good reason, and wanting everyone else's version to be delayed because of it is what is truly "selfish".

Expect your poll to be heavily skewed and biased towards PC Zordian100. :LOL:

Being on a forum is a PC user thing. Placing your poll on a forum will attract a majority of PC users, who - of course - plan to play on PC.

And what do console players?:think:

To be fair, some of them will own a PC or a Smartphone to contribute here, I'll grant you that.

However, visiting forums will be much more in the culture of PC owners.

It'd be interesting to make a "What platform do you do most of your gaming on?" poll here. I'm willing to bet that some 60-80% of all answers will be PC, even if the amount of console/smartphone owners in reality, is more than PC. That doesn't mean there's no interest in CP77 for console players, but they're just not here.

Hardly. Console players do want to discuss the games they play, just like PC players, therefore they will visit forums. Speaking from experience, and also because I know for a fact several regulars on here play on consoles. Players are players, regardless of platform.

I would put that claim to the test, but honestly, don't have the time or energy to spare.

I'll defer to your opinion, also being a moderator and all and presumably quite forum savvy. Maybe I've deluded myself into thinking wrongly.

Still, that poll doesn't seem quite right. Almost 80% of people here will play on PC? If not the majority of voters/forum users being PC owners and therefore playing on PC, then some other statistical anomaly must be happening. If find it hard to believe that not more people would be playing on console. It can't be representative, can it?

It can't be representative, can it?
Of course it isn't. Not everyone votes in polls or even participates beyond reading, plus this poll is less than three weeks old. Not to mention I bet not nearly everyone visits the English forum in the first place.

Top Bottom