"No Save Point" by Run The Jewels is now live!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
We're headed for something heavy...

"No Save Point" by Run The Jewels is now live! Check this out:

Psst. Don't forget to come back this weekend for the music video!

--------- UPDATE----------

RunTheJewelsRunTheJewelsRunTheJewels
Night City is on FIRE!

Last edited:
Kinda slow for my taste. Never got that high energy I was expecting. I still want to hear the song that was playing when V stepped out of the combat cab and went into the no tell motel

also will this be in the game? It mentions Keanu Reeves and I feel like that will fracture the immersion with Johnny Silverhand

So I find myself wondering... Have I ever had a game ruined by its soundtrack? I can't recall any, but first time for everything I guess...
Post automatically merged:

Can someone remind me why asking mediocre musicians to come up with mediocre music for the game's radios is a better idea than just licensing some good music?

A 1977 radio channel would've fit so well, I'd have thought. As it is, and including "influencers" I truly wonder who this game is targeted at. Not me anyway. I really didn't want to be negative prelaunch, but it's all *sounding* very bad.

Can someone remind me why asking mediocre musicians to come up with mediocre music for the game's radios is a better idea than just licensing some good music?
It's abundantly clear that most original tracks for this game have been phoned in. There's nothing unique or remarkable in any of it so far. I'm not blaming the artists they've picked, who likely spend months or years creating their own music, but had to get this stuff done in a matter of weeks.

Last edited:
I understand everyone has their own taste in music but RTJ is actually really good. Since their mediocre in your eyes who would you suggest they put?
Aye, everyone has their own taste, but you'd think a game with a music genre in the title, and a fictional genre heavily associated with that music, would use that particular genre, heavily.

Promoting a *punk game with a *rap song doesn't work for me at all...

Yeah, no.

Sorry REDs, this hiring of various artists to make so called "unique music for the game" stunt didn't really work.

The idea behind it all is good, but none of the songs have been good, just bland. I can not see myself wanting to turn a radio on in the game.

And I kinda hope the player can assign a custom radiostation for which he can assemble his own playlist.

From what I've heard so far I think it'll all fit within the context of the game. A lot of folks have a different sense of what "cyberpunk music" is supposed to be and with the more current trend of Retro Wave being associated might have warped that gamut. I mean, take a look at this forum from back in 2008 and look at the suggested music to listen to while gaming and you'll see a huge variance. Cyberpunk isn't a music genre and nobody can predict what music will be popular in the future so a hodgepodge of different music and different sounds is extremely appropriate.

From what I've heard so far I think it'll all fit within the context of the game. A lot of folks have a different sense of what "cyberpunk music" is supposed to be and with the more current trend of Retro Wave being associated might have warped that gamut. I mean, take a look at this forum from back in 2008 and look at the suggested music to listen to while gaming and you'll see a huge variance. Cyberpunk isn't a music genre and nobody can predict what music will be popular in the future so a hodgepodge of different music and different sounds is extremely appropriate.
Get out of here with your logic and common sense. If the 3 people in this thread don't like it, you must dislike it too!

Get out of here with your logic and common sense. If the 3 people in this thread don't like it, you must dislike it too!

Sorry.. you're right. My thinky grey stuff got in the way of the disliking of things. I am one of us! Gooble Gobble!

Also look at this page of soundtracks I found!` I'm sure there's songs in here that everyone will have fun disliking. There's some truly bad songs in there. Neat!

Last edited:
For a forum that really cares about immersion I'm surprised by the calls to use real world music as opposed to creating unique music for the game.

Well, I think it's a vocal minority anyway. I think this games sound track will be praised as one of the if not the greatest of any game ever.

Also, remember this is just one of the genres of music they have gone with. We have been given a wide variety of music so far...

Technically, artistically, I have nothing to say except big up to artists for doing things that I can't do.

But man, they broke the 4th wall with mentioning Keanu Reeves in the lyrics.
So this game is mentioning a real life actor starring in the game supposed to be a fictional world.
What can I say when fictions got songs about how they are fictions.
Who again talked about an immersive game... seriously :confused:

I understand everyone has their own taste in music but RTJ is actually really good. Since their mediocre in your eyes who would you suggest they put?
I don't know, I respect the ambition of trying to create unique music for the game, but I honestly don't think anyone can really look at the list of artists CDPR hired to do this job and think that they're the best (or close to the best) in their respective genres. No disrespect to the musicians or their fans intended, as you said musical taste is subjective, but I just hadn't even heard of any of the artists until CDPR announced them. And so, the choices of musicians feel more like a compromise based on budget restrictions, rather than deliberate.

And then on top of that, it doesn't really feel like the CP songs are these artists' best work either, it's all just been decidedly "meh" so far.

For a forum that really cares about immersion I'm surprised by the calls to use real world music as opposed to creating unique music for the game.

Well, I think it's a vocal minority anyway. I think this games sound track will be praised as one of the if not the greatest of any game ever.

Also, remember this is just one of the genres of music they have gone with. We have been given a wide variety of music so far...

Honestly, I'd rather have some decent music to listen to even if it's not "immersive" than be "immersed" in mediocrity.

And yes, they have multiple genres in the game, as they should (I disagree with the view that just because the game is called Cyberpunk, the vision for the music needs to be narrowed down to 1 or 2 genres), but I haven't seen any indication so far that other genres are being represented by any less unremarkable music.

Btw, I do hope I end up eating my own words when the game comes out - we've only heard a few songs, after all. All I'm saying is, given the obviosuly cost-restricted choice of musicians and what we have heard so far, it doesn't look promising.

On a more positive note, the OST that's being producded by CDPR's team has sounded really solid so far, so even if the radios end up being crap, at least the actual game music won't be.

I don't know, I respect the ambition of trying to create unique music for the game, but I honestly don't think anyone can really look at the list of artists CDPR hired to do this job and think that they're the best (or close to the best) in their respective genres. No disrespect to the musicians or their fans intended, as you said musical taste is subjective, but I just hadn't even heard of any of the artists until CDPR announced them. And so, the choices of musicians feel more like a compromise based on budget restrictions, rather than deliberate.

And then on top of that, it doesn't really feel like the CP songs are these artists' best work either, it's all just been decidedly "meh" so far.

Honestly, I'd rather have some decent music to listen to even if it's not "immersive" than be "immersed" in mediocrity.

And yes, they have multiple genres in the game, as they should (I disagree with the view that just because the game is called Cyberpunk, the vision for the music needs to be narrowed down to 1 or 2 genres), but I haven't seen any indication so far that other genres are being represented by any less unremarkable music.

Btw, I do hope I end up eating my own words when the game comes out - we've only heard a few songs, after all. All I'm saying is, given the obviosuly cost-restricted choice of musicians and what we have heard so far, it doesn't look promising.

On a more positive note, the OST that's being producded by CDPR's team has sounded really solid so far, so even if the radios end up being crap, at least the actual game music won't be.

Yeah, I love the sound of those snippets from the music devs insta or wherever they were.

This.

Complaints about the music choices in the game always seem to fall into one of two categories. People unhappy that the soundtrack isn't all synthwave or one of the sub-genres, or people unhappy that isn't all punk.

Personally I'm glad CD Projekt Red didn't go with a single genre approach to the in-universe music, as that would stretch suspension of disbelief. Real people aren't uniform in their musical preferences and so neither should the fictional denizens of Night City.

That said I'm hoping this one is in the credits or has some alternate lyrics if plays on a car radio in game. Dig the song & it would fit the game universe, but I'm not quite sure I'm down for 4th wall breaking with the Keanu Reeves reference.

Complaints about the music choices in the game always seem to fall into one of two categories. People unhappy that the soundtrack isn't all synthwave or one of the sub-genres, or people unhappy that isn't all punk.

Both of those categories seem weird. The genre 'Cyperpunk' doesn't literally mean punk music . Synthwave/retrowave is a current (or past) sound which is linked with futuristic themes. But that wouldn't be what would actually be played on radio stations in the actual (Cyberpunk) future. It would probably still be pop-musicstyles evolved with the music production tech of the time and maybe a bit inspired by world events. So I guess this song fits the meaningless music that you could hear on a radiostation in the future.

Personally I would like more stuff like this:

Top Bottom