Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+

Guest 4318427

This game has only been in full development from the second half of 2016. That makes it about 3,5 years of real development.

This is really concerning regarding the massive scope and ambitions of the game and its developers. I really wouldn't mind another delay. Just release it when it's ready - without compromise like in previous titles.

Source:

You guys who are saying delay delay delay realize that it's 2020 and there's such a thing as OTA patches right?

Guest 4318427

You guys who are saying delay delay delay realize that it's 2020 and there's such a thing as OTA patches right?

It's a shitty way of doing things though. Since we like to pay for products that are complete when it releases. Especially for a single player game. It also causes a lot of unnecessary crunch for devs. It's the fault of upper management's incompetence really.

I don't want to have a game breaking bug on release day or experience a sub-par game and replay hours of the game because the CEO decided to push for an arbitrary release date.

I don't want to have a game breaking bug on release day or experience a sub-par game and replay hours of the game because the CEO decided to push for an arbitrary release date.

Fortunately, everyone can read multiple reviews before making the decision to buy the game or not, from sources they trust. The game will be watched and dissected with scrutiny, so if there are any gamebreaking problems - customers will know about them beforehand.

It's a shitty way of doing things though. Since we like to pay for products that are complete when it releases. Especially for a single player game. It also causes a lot of unnecessary crunch for devs. It's the fault of upper management's incompetence really.

Just wait till they patch everything out. If on release (whenever it happens) it's unplayable TO YOU, you can always wait a few extra months and then dive in when it's squeaky clean. And I'm saying this not to tease you or out of spite, I personally did this when The Witcher 2 came out. It was in rough shape initially and I really struggled to play it. I dropped it after an hour or so and returned to the game a year later and had a blast.

I consider these talks about "CDPR should do this or that" pretty unproductive, because you just don't know internal kitchen, schedule, future plans, investments and so on. In the end, maybe there will be bugs on release, but critical stuff is fixed so it's still perfectly playable. CDPR will continue to patch it. Witcher 3 had bugs on release too. I personally wrote a ticket for a buggy quest. Besides, game-breaking stuff is prioritized, so these bugs will be fixed early, most likely. And then they will move on minor stuff like visual glitches.

Exactly the same words I've heard from a journalist I know over 1 year ago.
article 3 years old was no serrious investigation in to it being valid back then and it hasnt changed since its nothing but alot of smear campaighns using years or decade old info that is now so far into realm of misinformation and trying to pretend its fresh and valid

Just wait till they patch everything out. If on release (whenever it happens) it's unplayable TO YOU, you can always wait a few extra months and then dive in when it's squeaky clean. And I'm saying this not to tease you or out of spite, I personally did this when The Witcher 2 came out. It was in rough shape initially and I really struggled to play it. I dropped it after an hour or so and returned to the game a year later and had a blast.

I consider these talks about "CDPR should do this or that" pretty unproductive, because you just don't know internal kitchen, schedule, future plans, investments and so on. In the end, maybe there will be bugs on release, but critical stuff is fixed so it's still perfectly playable. CDPR will continue to patch it. Witcher 3 had bugs on release too. I personally wrote a ticket for a buggy quest. Besides, game-breaking stuff is prioritized, so these bugs will be fixed early, most likely. And then they will move on minor stuff like visual glitches.

That's seasoned gamer speaking :). I personally will not rush into Cyberpunk but will wait at least 6 months after release to try the game. With all the rushes, delays and massive scope of the project I believe game will be released in suboptimal state.
So why just spoil your own first impressions and the fun? Be patient, ladies and gentlemen :)

That's seasoned gamer speaking :). I personally will not rush into Cyberpunk but will wait at least 6 months after release to try the game. With all the rushes, delays and massive scope of the project I believe game will be released in suboptimal state.
So why just spoil your own first impressions and the fun? Be patient, ladies and gentlemen :)

If you can go 6 months without seeing, hearing, or reading any spoilers you go right a head. To each their own.

I played all the Witcher games day one and will play this day one. All the bugs everyone talks about did not detract from them being amazing experiences.

In Cyberpunk 2077:
Will there be bugs? YUP! Will they take away from my enjoyment of the game? NOPE!

There will be bugs, no doubt, but they need to release it at some point. There will never be a state where there are no bugs. TW3 likely still has bugs (haven't looked recently). There are likely bugs that'll never be fixed. In software this complex, there's essentially a 0% chance to get it through bug free. They can do what they can do, but it'll never be perfect. How do I know? I'm a software engineer and have written (and fixed) my fair share of bugs. I would feel sorry for all of them sitting in bug jail, but honestly, I've done nothing but bug work for the last year and half, so.... :shrug:

Phew, saw this thread at the top of the News Page, & suddenly had a panic attack.....then I realised this was the old announcement!!! Never felt so relieved.

I never saw that Glassdoor video back from 2017, but even if that was a fresh take, ex-employee's leaving disgruntled reviews about their previous place of employment is nothing new, it's not even new to the game industry as a whole or any place of work for that matter.

But what Yongyea puts a spotlight on isn't something that should be ignored either, as game developers have been in desperate need for Unionization like... for forever.

SuperBunnyHop, or George as we like to call him... since that's his name, is an actual journalist who went to school for it so he could better cover the world of video gaming in a more professional manner.

His GDC and Video Game Unionization video is extremely illuminating on this topic.

Top Bottom