Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unexpected. There will be people who are not disappointed as they have different views and expectations.

Take a look at the Metacritic report for ME3

ME3 PC

Metascore
89/100
Generally favorable reviews based on 23 Critic Reviews

User Score
5.9 / 10
Mixed or average reviews based on 6772 Ratings

Also of note
Q: Are user votes included in the METASCORE calculations?
A: No

It scored high with "Critic" well 23 of them that were not "disappointed"

Yet 6772 users who rated the game gave it barely above average score of 5.9

Which do you think is a better statistical sampling a score form "23" critic reviews or a 5.9 score form 6772 user ratings

There is also the fact that some look for different things in games:

- some just want "challenge" " mechanics" "action" "DPS"

- some would rather story, romance,relationship development & side quests other npc character development, companion conversations, lots of cutscenes , involvement , choices options that genuinely matter change the game path, story, interactions , environment similar more similar to an interactive movie than a " action game" ( think tabletop D&D experience)

So yes there are going to be people who react both positively and negatively.

The question remains who will be the greater proportion when the dust settles.

For the reason stated above I have a dread it may be another ME3 situation and so I am not willing to risk another disappointment and was already suffering from buyers remorse before the game was even out.

It's ok if someone does not react positively to a game. But it also depends on the reason.
Many people (too many people) is negative to a game not because there is something objectively wrong, but because "it's not what I want".
A game is not what the player wants. A game is what the developers want the player to experience.

As for the points you wrote about in the previous message let me say a few things:

1) Third person: was never in the game. The game was created with the idea of a first person RPG. Again, a game is not what the player wants but what the devs want the players to play.
2) Romances: we know nothing yet, since everything that was revealed is from the first part of the game. And it's ok that you can't experience all the romances options in the same run. If you do that in TW3 you know what happens, let me just say (to avoid spoilers to anyone who has not played TW3 yet) that you can't have them all (in a single run).
3) Shorter game: they said it's going to be a bit shorter. We don't know how much shorter than TW3. TW3 was a long game. Very long. And this one looks like it's going to be very long too. Maybe a few hours less than TW3? It's fine. It's not "the bigger the better, the longer the better". When the final credits roll, if the player is satisfied, it doesn't matter how many hours the game was long. Plus, this time the game should have way more replay value since you can do a completely different character and replay the game differently.

But still it's ok if you're not fully convinced. You don't have to preorder and play day one. You can simply wait for reviews, extended gameplays and so on in order to understand if it's something you want to play. If not, it's ok, a game cannot satisfy everyone's personal taste.
Plus, if you're interested, a few "hands on" are now online, you can read them to better understand what the game is like.

Doesn't exist.

Well I refer to stuff that has problems.
Just to make an example in Final Fantasy VII Remake you see some textures that remain in low quality even when you get very close to them.
Sometimes their better quality version eventually load (better late than never), sometimes it doesn't. But, as dataminers found, the high quality texture is there and for some reason it doesn't load.
That is something that I call objectively wrong. Stuff that really doesn't work properly.

I am disappointed they removed third person and third person cutscenes as even an option. I hope some modders enable it, though I'm not all that hopeful as they'd have to add your character's model and animate it for every action & cutscene. That's a lot of work. It would be a colossal undertaking for a modder.

I also don't like that they removed the life simulator stuff.

The third person removal is really the biggest turnoff for me though. I always use third person and being able to see your character's face adds so much to the viewing experience. Imagine Witcher 3 if you couldn't see Geralt about to tear up in a cutscene and it's just you staring at Ciri's face instead. It just adds so much that honestly losing it is a massive hit. And I just like being able to see my character all the time, and taking screenshots of them. Not in some photo mode. I mean like an action shot or in the middle of a cutscene. And that's sadly no longer possible.

I'm still hyped for the game, but that was honestly almost a dealbreaker for me. And I could really see how it could be for an entire segment of gamers that just can't get into first person.

And the life simulator stuff, I was super hyped for that so it was pretty crushing when it was removed.

I'm also disappointed the character creator isn't a BDO/APB:Reloaded-esque one but just presets, and not all that many either.

And I'm disappointed some characters will have sexual preferences. It just creates scenarios like Miranda from Mass Effect only being romanceable by a male and it being a super letdown for female character players. And there's really just no point in it. I mean sure it's more realistic a character would have preferences. But it's supposed to be a fantasy for players, should just leave 'em all bi. Because we'll all inevitably be letdown by choice x or choice y being exclusive to sex A, or sex B.

Last edited:
It's ok if someone does not react positively to a game. But it also depends on the reason.
Many people (too many people) is negative to a game not because there is something objectively wrong, but because "it's not what I want".
A game is not what the player wants. A game is what the developers want the player to experience.

As for the points you wrote about in the previous message let me say a few things:

1) Third person: was never in the game. The game was created with the idea of a first person RPG. Again, a game is not what the player wants but what the devs want the players to play.
2) Romances: we know nothing yet, since everything that was revealed is from the first part of the game. And it's ok that you can't experience all the romances options in the same run. If you do that in TW3 you know what happens, let me just say (to avoid spoilers to anyone who has not played TW3 yet) that you can't have them all (in a single run).
3) Shorter game: they said it's going to be a bit shorter. We don't know how much shorter than TW3. TW3 was a long game. Very long. And this one looks like it's going to be very long too. Maybe a few hours less than TW3? It's fine. It's not "the bigger the better, the longer the better". When the final credits roll, if the player is satisfied, it doesn't matter how many hours the game was long. Plus, this time the game should have way more replay value since you can do a completely different character and replay the game differently.

But still it's ok if you're not fully convinced. You don't have to preorder and play day one. You can simply wait for reviews, extended gameplays and so on in order to understand if it's something you want to play. If not, it's ok, a game cannot satisfy everyone's personal taste.
Plus, if you're interested, a few "hands on" are now online, you can read them to better understand what the game is like.

- so if a game was released "perfect" ( no bugs or technical imperfections of any kind) there is no cause to be disappointed?

- It should work the same with pizza to why have a menu you come in I hand you a pizza because that the pizza I want you to experience and I am the pizza dev.

- Not entirely true . They had 3rd aspects in before and they could have added it as a option there are game that do that.

- if you read my post I was reacting specifically to appearance due to the fact we don't no anything about how the romances work only one of them even makes the rating list but is still last that's Judy and still she is below even Ciri who is a non romance and below and the one nighters below her then Judy ( The corpo one is disqualified for being corpo)

- I don't care how many playthroughs it takes / If i have to run though the entire game 10 times because there are 10 romances i'm interested on that is a major + to the devs. The point is just based on appearance so far they are all meh.

- Also there should be romances that are not tied to the "path".

- great if that is how it works I would make a ton of money selling my medium pizzas at a large price because if you enjoyed it it doesn't matter if its smaller.

Last edited:
First, I apologize for my English.
Personally, I am completely confident in the game. It will be a great game that will give me a lot of fun.
There is only one thing that disappoints me. According to some rumors (these are only rumors and not accurate information), Judy may only be available for romance with female protagonists. This will be a great disappointment for me. (

And I'm disappointed some characters will have sexual preferences. It just creates scenarios like Miranda from Mass Effect only being romanceable by a male and it being a super letdown for female character players. And there's really just no point in it. I mean sure it's more realistic a character would have preferences. But it's supposed to be a fantasy for players, should just leave 'em all bi. Because we'll all inevitably be letdown by choice x or choice y being exclusive to sex A, or sex B.
I completely agree with you.

Just wanting to point out you answered your own objection as to why they made their decision in regards to romances. "And there's really just no point in it. I mean sure it's more realistic..." The more realistic part is twhy CDPR made the decision of making the characters the way they are. It helps with immersion. I get being disappointed as it looks like Judy will be off limits to male only players (IE: ME.) That said I'm completely fine with their reasoning. These are characters with their own history, stories, and perferences. And that matters. It matters in a crazy world with cyberware and all the other wild things going on. Suddenly a character I like may not actually dig me "in that way." That's realistic and that's awesome. Bioware understood this years ago, and they were right (as is CDPR) to make the calls that they did with in regards to their characters.

Oh, Witcher 3 had a lot. Probably not this much, but a lot. My favourite is the Hair Downgrade thread. pages of arguing about whether Geralt, Yen and Triss hair in one promotional image had been substantially reduced in quality.

Pages. Before launch. Yep...
Dude I remember it really well, fans were PISSED. It was pure garbage, left & right. Some random, gameplay videos on yt had 50:50 like ratios and (videos had thousands of votes), all this because people were angry at downgrade.
Polish side was horrendous. Biggest polish gaming site, Gry-Online gave Wild Hunt 8,5/10 (0,5 less than they gave Dragon Age Inqusition XDD) and based only on that people were calling this game pure disappointement.

Even before release it didn't stop on graphical complaints... People complained about polish dub (one of the best I've heard all my life), scrapped mechanics they've promised (because cdpr ALWAYS overpromises) and gameplay looking bad.

The best decision I made around May 2015 was to cut off the internet and let mob calm down. When I returned to read about Witcher 3 on the internet, around October, people were still complaining but not as much as around release.

Now, it's all good and Witcher 3 is oftenly mentioned as one of the best game of 2010s.

That's why I believe that if Cyberpunk 2077 turns out to be at least 8/10, fandom would be fuming, but eventually they will all forget and forgive, just like with No Man's Sky or Witcher 3

- so if a game was released "perfect" ( no bugs or technical imperfections of any kind) there is no cause to be disappointed?

- It should work the same with pizza to why have a menu you come in I hand you a pizza because that the pizza I want you to experience and I am the pizza dev.

- Not entirely true . They had 3rd aspects in before and they could have added it as a option there are game that do that.

- if you read my post I was reacting specifically to appearance due to the fact we don't no anything about how the romances work only one of them even makes the rating list but is still last that's Judy and still she is below even Ciri who is a non romance and below and the one nighters below her then Judy ( The corpo one is disqualified for being corpo)

- I don't care how many playthroughs it takes / If i have to run though the entire game 10 times because there are 10 romances i'm interested on that is a major + to the devs. The point is just based on appearance so far they are all meh.

- Also there should be romances that are not tied to the "path".

- great if that is how it works I would make a ton of money selling my medium pizzas at a large price because if you enjoyed it it doesn't matter if its smaller.
In that situation if you don’t enjoy their Pizza’s go buy someone else’s pizza. They are in no obligation to change their menu just because a few entitled people demand they make a pizza they never intended to make. I’ll say it again if their pizza is not to people’s liking they shouldn’t don’t stress themselves or cry themselves to bed, simply go find a store that sells their kind of pizza.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in ANY game. Its a work in progress and game content can change at any time for the better. You don't want a game bogged down to where its not even playable because of bugs, glitches, etc. Anyone who is disappointed doesn't understand the kind of work that goes into a project like this.
Post automatically merged:

Hell no iám not disappointed!
But only one thing!
If the game were playable in third person, I would never have bought it, I would never want to play it.

For real. I hate third person perspective for some reason. I play some TPP games, but its just not as immersive or fun to me like FPP. I remember playing Half-Life for the first time at 12 years old. FPP is always the best. Thats just me though.

I am disappointed they removed third person and third person cutscenes as even an option. I hope some modders enable it, though I'm not all that hopeful as they'd have to add your character's model and animate it for every action & cutscene. That's a lot of work. It would be a colossal undertaking for a modder.

I also don't like that they removed the life simulator stuff.

The third person removal is really the biggest turnoff for me though. I always use third person and being able to see your character's face adds so much to the viewing experience. Imagine Witcher 3 if you couldn't see Geralt about to tear up in a cutscene and it's just you staring at Ciri's face instead. It just adds so much that honestly losing it is a massive hit. And I just like being able to see my character all the time, and taking screenshots of them. Not in some photo mode. I mean like an action shot or in the middle of a cutscene. And that's sadly no longer possible.

I'm still hyped for the game, but that was honestly almost a dealbreaker for me. And I could really see how it could be for an entire segment of gamers that just can't get into first person.

And the life simulator stuff, I was super hyped for that so it was pretty crushing when it was removed.

I'm also disappointed the character creator isn't a BDO/APB:Reloaded-esque one but just presets, and not all that many either.

Wait they removed also the life simulation stuff? Really?.. Ugh that's well. Unfortunate. So much for immersion.

I prefer TPP especially when there's a character creator, but I won't be disappointed. Focus on FPP was known from very early on. You can't be disappointed when you never had the expectation to begin with.

I purposely try to limit what I follow about games until release or very close to. What life sim stuff did they remove? I don't remember there being anything officially announced as being in the game and then removed. It would be cool if they had it, but again, I don't remember it so no disappointment. I'm going in expecting a mostly-story-driven, open world game. It's not GTA. It's not The Sims but Cyberpunk. It's more like TW3 but Cyberpunk.

In any case, if some of that was very early on, it's not that surprising. This is a huge game with what we will get (as was TW3). That may be more than is possible without delaying it a few more years. I would love it, sure, but it's hard. Software engineering is hard. Design is hard. We can say "why not this or that" but unless you can show a reasonable implementation that is not insanely hard, it's just a wish.

What "life simulation stuff"?
Indeed. I'm not clear on what they mean by that.

Generally I am not disappointed with many of those concerns in the OP. I would be disappointed with a small map if I thought the map looked small ... but it doesn't to me. Lack of car customization is a little disappointing, but not a huge deal for me personally. The rest are way down on my list of priorities, or have very reasonable explanations for the design decisions they've gone with. Personal Pros / Cons list:

Pros
+ Setting - City, map districts, etc all look fantastic
+ Level design looks incredible
+ Seems like they have the milieu and themes of the world down really well
+ The net looks really cool, and conceptually I like how netrunning is now more localized than it was in CP2020
+ The limited beats we’ve seen from the story look very good
+ Quest design looks awesome with lots of choices and consequences
+ Romance!
+ Characters seem interesting, varied, and well voice acted
+ Graphics look great
+ Music sounds awesome (both ambient and radio tracks)
+ Dialogue / interactive scene system looks really good, and is perhaps the biggest single innovation this game is offering
+ Lifepaths look varied, consequential and interesting, with separate prologues and actual impact on conversations
+ Character progressions looks like a nice system, with stats, skills, perks and cyberware all coming into play
+ Cyberware options look amazing
+ Combat looks fun and varied, with multiple ways to deal with encounters
+ Character creator looks great, lots of options to personalize our look
+ Lots of style options too regarding clothing, weapons and etc w/ four distinctive styles that all look really cool
+ UI looks intuitive and functional (which is about as high of praise as I can offer for a UI design)

Cons
- Would have liked humanity-cost to have played a more prominent role, including impacting dialogue. Never wanted to be able to go cyberpsycho, but more gear limiting V’s social abilities would have been interesting
- To go along with the above, I would have loved it if Human Perception and Empathy could have been included.
- Would have liked more of a companion system (like Mass Effect or Dragon Age) to get a “my crew” kinda feel for the game.
- Although it’s not 100% clear yet, based on what we know I think more customization for vehicles and V’s apartment would have been cool.
- NPC Combat AI looks very “industry standard” for open world RPGs (which is to say “acceptable, but not great”)

So overall, not disappointed at all. Definitely would have loved more of humanity cost and companion control, but other than that it looks great.

Last edited:
"Life simulator stuff". Yeah I don't know what features are those. This isn't The Sims. This game isn't a "life simulator". But its still an RPG. And whatever they cut, they cut. Theres a damn good reason for it.

So far before actually playing the game my only real disappointment is the FPP with no optional TPP at any time during actual gameplay. Thankfully there seems to be a photo mode which apparently will allow you to do some posing of the character models to some extent so that certainly helps and hopefully its excellent.

I've finally come to accept CDPR's reasoning for going with FPP in regards to seeing things up close and I appreciate it as I recall how awesome it was in one of my all time favorite games Snatcher and I'm sure this will be leaps and bounds more impressive. That being said I still cannot for the life of me understand why there isn't an option to simply walk around in TPP and then if it must be so have a forced cut to FPP during interactions to maintain CDPR's idea of what is most immersive.

I'm no longer angry about it, not even bitter...I've gone through the sages of grief lol but I still would like to understand why situationally optional TPP is totally out of the picture because I fail to understand why its such a non-starter. Options are good.

I read the topic and immediately remember exactly the same discussion of another expected game - Mass Effect Andromeda.There, too, the community was pushed to discuss minor things, away from the main problems in the game.If you want to steal and repaint cars in order to gong on a large map, go to GTA5.
They have done all this for you a long time ago.The main thing that I am disappointed with in THIS game is the lack of choice for me, an ordinary heterosexual guy.
The main romantic interest is a lesbian, the rest are either old women or prostitutes with plastic bodies! In The Witcher, there were both adventures and beauties for which one could get involved in these adventures. And here what? Plastic, old women and jerking off? Judging because, as developers are silent about this aspect, it will be so.
I am not happy with this.

I read the topic and immediately remember exactly the same discussion of another expected game - Mass Effect Andromeda.There, too, the community was pushed to discuss minor things, away from the main problems in the game.If you want to steal and repaint cars in order to gong on a large map, go to GTA5.
They have done all this for you a long time ago.The main thing that I am disappointed with in THIS game is the lack of choice for me, an ordinary heterosexual guy.
The main romantic interest is a lesbian, the rest are either old women or prostitutes with plastic bodies! In The Witcher, there were both adventures and beauties for which one could get involved in these adventures. And here what? Plastic, old women and jerking off? Judging because, as developers are silent about this aspect, it will be so.
I am not happy with this.

The cyberpunk genre is hell, a dystopian theoretical future where corporations rule and humanity out of hatred towards itself got on their knees to act as the steps to which the corporations would climb and ascend to their thrones and so to me this seems an unfortunate but realistic consequence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom