PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"That's good, because I'm mostly electronics oriented with the stealth needed to get where I need to and enough weapons skills to get the hell out if things go south." Cooter replies. "Or deal with folks that take my handle as an invitation. The Juvie time Unc' was so kind as to make public knowledge was as a twelve-year-old and was more the idiocy of youth then anything worth mentioning."

At this point Gremlin points to a stack of disposable plates and a pan full of (homemade?) long rolls. "Come 'an git it!"

Rodick nods approvingly at Cooter's response.

"Sounds like a plan," Rodick says, standing up from his chair and heading over to the plates, "So Gremlin, if you're taking the time ta arrange a more permanent team, I take it ya have a job in mind?"

Cooter passes out the "rolls" after splitting them and Gremlin puts a fresh off the grill "brat" in each. The "brat" has a strange flavor/texture (( remember Talon and Hernando mostly eat soy and processed seaweed )).
The bowl of "potato salad" (( strange stuff, you've had potatoes [mostly french fries] before but never this stuff )) sits next to mustard and various kinds of hot sauce for those that want it.
There's enough beer for three per person.

During the small talk you gather that Cooter has operated solo until now and "Uncle Gremlin" (who's real name is apparently a rather mundane John) is both helping her move up to being a "real Edgerunner" and giving you two some hands-on tech support. But in general Gremlin steers the conversation away from "serious" talk while you eat, relax, and generally socialize.

After the meal, while you're working on your third beer Gremlin FINALLY gets around to talking business.

"Member that pawn shop we tried a month or so ago? Well, I think it's been long 'nuff ta try it again. Hopefully wit' what ya learned las' time we'll do better. Ain't no paycheck fur this other then what we kin haul out. But tha' place still handles "previous owner" cyberware so has a lotta potential I'm thinkin."

"But where do we find the actual stuff? Because last time we only found weapons that aren't exactly the top. We can't risk spending time to just find my grandpa guns".

"It's in there, someplace. Ya don't put hot cyberware on display, but it's a well known fact they sell tha stuff."

Let the next afternoon everyone meets up at the NCART nearest the pawnshop.

Gremlin has his usual collection of bags and pouches, Cooter is a bit less encumbered with an (armored?) backpack and a collection of pouches hanging off her belt and thighs. Still carrying the same handgun and pair of knives however. She's "lost" the white jacket and wears what appears to be an armored one in basic black.

Gremlin passes out comm units and heads off by himself toward his overwatch position.
"Better luck 'dis time guys."

"I gather you tried this place before and it was a bust. What happened?" Asks Cooter.

OOC: Sorry, I will edit.

"Tthe place had some alarm and a cyberparot, and we didn't had time to find anything useful, so we had to leave the place in a hurry. before the local gang would finish us "

Last edited:
"Hey, you gotta give credits to the guys, it's a good idea. Maybe the bird wasn't there to watch us and he was harmless, but we didn't wanted to take risks."

"Possible, since it's a pawn shop it might have been merchandise. Even a normal parrot can outlive a person."

"Possible, since it's a pawn shop it might have been merchandise. Even a normal parrot can outlive a person."
Right, that's possible. Up to the parrot though things had been relatively smooth. Entry wasn't especially difficult, but we weren't able to locate the good stock before we were forced to leave. No telling at this point if they might have strengthened their security though.

(( So how do you want to approach the building? Front? Back? Side? Trying to avoid the local gangers? If so how? ))

Top Bottom