Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Which reminds me, could you or anyone else tell me why they made this niche stratagem completely unplayable and nerfed it into the ground ?
I only know what they said prior to the change. Not that I remember what the reasoning was, or when the change happened in the first place.

Actually really do not go with your view here.
Trophy Catch includes row punishment. It´s a four provision card, which can give up to 8 value. Making a bomb works on defender, but same holds for all cards being able to move defenders to the other row.
I'm aware that it's intended for row punishment, but when it comes to 4-prov cards and all you want is to move a unit, I think Making a Bomb is the better choice. I got a deck where a 4prov-slot is the only way to implement such card, in favour of thinning 5-prov units. I often find myself using Trophy Catch early in the round and then there's no row i can punish.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

I'm aware that it's intended for row punishment, but when it comes to 4-prov cards and all you want is to move a unit, I think Making a Bomb is the better choice. I got a deck where a 4prov-slot is the only way to implement such card, in favour of thinning 5-prov units. I often find myself using Trophy Catch early in the round and then there's no row i can punish.
Yes but there are already cards that do this much better including units that actually put points on the board or have synergy with other cards. I feel at a certain points rather than adding new cards with no real purpose the devs should just rework cards that see no play at the moment and there are quite a few of those/.

Actually, I never really used Trophy Catch, as I found better four provision alternatives at SK, but I think that this card serves some purpose and has a ceiling of 8.
Making a bomb serves the purpose of moving a unit, but SC has many other cards being able to move units and offer more value. So I do currently not see reasonable use cases for it. Maybe the bomb archetype will be supported strongly and then there might be a use case.

There are already cards that do this much better including units that actually put points on the board or have synergy with other cards. I feel at a certain point rather than adding new cards with no real purpose the devs should just rework cards that see no play at the moment and there are quite a few of those.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that Making a Bomb is an overwhelmingly good card,
but there's only one 4prov-unit that can move enemies, and it's bound to a faction:

1606081749059.png

Post automatically merged:

Nevermind I didn't realize that Making a Bomb is an ST card too...
Yea. That's bad.

Last edited:
Nice food for Griffin Witcher Adept.
Depends on how one can access it.

Edit: I like the artwork, apart from the angle being pi/4.
Imagine an image of a card being rotated by pi/2 and being directly next to all of those upright images.

Last edited:
I'm so exited and happy that SC movement archetype is finally getting some love. Last time it was somewhat competitive was way back on the verge of closed and open beta transition. It's my favorite archetype and i hope it will see some of the former glory after the expansion.

rrc

Forum veteran
So far, ST had got 4 cards revealed. Two of them are horrible pathetic junk sh*tty cards (Cat Witcher Sabatour, Making a Joke). One of them is meh, people will try and fail and will join Hattori (Gerd), and an excellent amazing card (Cat Witcher). I wouldn't be surprised if Cat Witcher is the only good card ST gets in this whole expansion and it is good enough to forgive the rest of the cow dung cards ST will get.

I thought Making a Crap is a neutral card since it is so junk and horrible and has no place in an ST deck. But then the sad reality hit me that it is an ST card. I understand that it is the "all faction should have a 4P 4 damage cards (SK and SY can do 6, you know) and 5P 5 damage cards with some flavors". I know it can kill the first 4P card opponent plays. But It is the most restrictive 4 damage 4P card in the game which even neutrals will not want. Just compare it with other faction's 4P 4 damage cards. SK, it can do 6 damage. NG, it can kill shielded units. MO, it will make sure you get 4 points worh. SY, Assault can do 6 damage. Every single one of them is miles better than this junk card.

If Making a Prank was tagged as "Nature" card, it may be (I mean, MAY BE) remotely playable since it can synergize with other ST cards (like Symbiosis, Protector, Fauve). Otherwise, it will join Farseer club.

So far, ST had got 4 cards revealed. Two of them are horrible pathetic junk sh*tty cards (Cat Witcher Sabatour, Making a Joke). One of them is meh, people will try and fail and will join Hattori (Gerd), and an excellent amazing card (Cat Witcher). I wouldn't be surprised if Cat Witcher is the only good card ST gets in this whole expansion and it is good enough to forgive the rest of the cow dung cards ST will get.

I thought Making a Crap is a neutral card since it is so junk and horrible and has no place in an ST deck. But then the sad reality hit me that it is an ST card. I understand that it is the "all faction should have a 4P 4 damage cards (SK and SY can do 6, you know) and 5P 5 damage cards with some flavors". I know it can kill the first 4P card opponent plays. But It is the most restrictive 4 damage 4P card in the game which even neutrals will not want. Just compare it with other faction's 4P 4 damage cards. SK, it can do 6 damage. NG, it can kill shielded units. MO, it will make sure you get 4 points worh. SY, Assault can do 6 damage. Every single one of them is miles better than this junk card.

If Making a Prank was tagged as "Nature" card, it may be (I mean, MAY BE) remotely playable since it can synergize with other ST cards (like Symbiosis, Protector, Fauve). Otherwise, it will join Farseer club.

Just for the record, where is the NR 4provision 4 points damage?

Also, where is the 5 provision 5 points damage in MO?

SC has rebuke, circle of life, waylay and now this card wich can move a unit, and, even if not kill it, can disable units row lockeds.

Where the hell this cards is shit? For 4 provision its a good card. If you and other players dont pretend to use it because think there is another 4 proision cards better, thats ok, i think noone use a lot of 4 provision cards. But we cant say that card its a shit.

In fact, untill now, SC has the best cards.

I know you made that topic about Gerd, but a lot of players show you some arguments the card its good.

Also, with cat with sabateur its even better. Your opponent cant just but a garbage in the end of the row, because sabateur will put that garbage in the left-most position.

You want to make a bet? I bet one month stop posting in this forum that Gerd will be use a lot.

And, if you want, you bet one month stop posting in this forum that almost noone will use Gerd

I will upgrade my post. I can say easy players will use Make a Bomb in precision strike.

Last edited:
Speaking of those, the SK 4 prov 4 dmg card that has potential of 6 dmg (Gutting Slash) should be removed from the game. Usually out of 10 cards SK playa will have in his hand, 9 of them will do damage (Unless he went for the druid/alchemy deck)! (while also having decent body points in their own)
But instead now they're getting an 8 body witcher that does dmg to the whole damn row!! Compare that shit to MO's Werecat! The Werecar now looks like a basic kitty cat. :[
The next best thing we can compare the new Gerd Witcher card to is Toruviel (Scoiatael) BUT she is EIGHT (8) provision while Gerd (Seen here) the madman is 7 provision AND HAS 8 POINTS IN BODY!
... It's like (with SK) they're "balancing" cards not compared to other factions but compared to other factions but to other, already existing, cards within the same faction - And since the cards SK has right now are already dominating, then any new cards coming to the faction will also be dominating since they're being compared and tuned to already OP SK stuff.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Just for the record, where is the NR 4provision 4 points damage?

Also, where is the 5 provision 5 points damage in MO?
I have a very strong feeling that these two missing things will be added in this expansion. NG had got its 5 for 5 damage and ST has got 4 for 4 damage (with conditions applied). So, I am inclined to think that NG's 4 and MO's 5 will arrive this expansion as generalization is apparently the dev's top priority.

SC has rebuke, circle of life, waylay and now this card wich can move a unit, and, even if not kill it, can disable units row lockeds.

Where the hell this cards is shit? For 4 provision its a good card. If you and other players dont pretend to use it because think there is another 4 proision cards better, thats ok, i think noone use a lot of 4 provision cards. But we cant say that card its a shit.
Rebuke - The best of all 5P 5D card. CoL is actually a junk card and only very useful to do red coin abuse and no-unit ST decks. Otherwise, I still consider it as a weak card. Waylay - the next time an opponent plays this card from hand, please take a screenshot and post it here. We can put it in a art museum. Waylay is a junk card. It screams to be a 4P card with all the stats.

If Making a Joke card is given to some other factions, they "may" consider using it as a tech card. But ST already has plenty of good cards to move. So, this "move tech" argument is moot when it comes to this card. Damage by 4 is conditional, when the condition is not met, it can even become a potential 0 point play. And that is why this is a shitty card.

In fact, untill now, SC has the best cards.
As Ciri would say "Don't make me laugh". Bear Witcher Mentor and even the other epic SK card are by far, far more superior than any other cards revealed till now. Closely followed by Cat Witcher which is an amazing card.

I know you made that topic about Gerd, but a lot of players show you some arguments the card its good.

Also, with cat with sabateur its even better. Your opponent cant just but a garbage in the end of the row, because sabateur will put that garbage in the left-most position.
Gerd can be easily played around and only time will tell if he will be strong. I will revise my opinion once all the ST cards are revealed, but till now, Gerd is a weak card which can be easily played around and will be popular during initial time and once opponents start to play around it using their muscle memory, he will fade. Moreover, the card needs at least 3 cards in a row to even kill anything and in short R3, he can easily brick. Only time will tell how it will be.

And to make a weak card to be usable, you want to add another junk card to achieve it? Your argument that you can play Saboteur to move the one junk card on the right to enable Gerd is flawed. I will leave it to you to figure that out. Imaging playing a game and the opponent has spent a lot of tech to move your strong card to the right and you play a weak/junk/ok-to-be-removed card on the right and the opponent plays Saboteur to move that weak card to the left and plays for what? 5 or 6 points (and paving a way to lose the round due to low tempo) and what would you do now?

You want to make a bet? I bet one month stop posting in this forum that Gerd will be use a lot.

And, if you want, you bet one month stop posting in this forum that almost noone will use Gerd
I have no intention to bet anything. Moreover I didn't understand fully what you meant by the above two lines (sorry English is not my native language). But if you want me or you to stop posting in this forum after one month whether Gerd is good or not, it is a bad idea and very silly. I will probably make a thread about how much I love Gerd (if that happens) or you may post a new thread about how wrong you were about Gerd and how pathetic he is. Lets see.

Nice, a really interesting card.
The artwork is great and the card itself is decent, not to mention that this is definitely Organic support, so depending on the reveals Arachas Swarm might return to the decent archetypes.

Top Bottom