Character Customization

+
Am I the only one who thinks the new character customization looks bad I mean the first one was so good.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Every time I see these three together, I can't help my initial reaction of it looking like it should be the other way around.

The 2018 is my favourite due to its simplicity while still fitting the look of the game; while the current/release creator is now more compacted (though feels a but cluttered), and just looks off for some reason; though the combo of red tinted background with the red and that shade of bright blue UI doesn't help.

Of course there might be more to it when we actually see it, or will at least translate better when actually played on console/PC; I only hope that's the case.

My biggest issue with #3, besides the clash of cyber-red with bright blue, is the hair they chose for V in that image... it doesn't work.

Otherwise, the UI seems a bit mushed together, like it was meant for a larger monitor.

My biggest issue in the latest one is the strangely dark lighting. Its possible that its just the skintone, but it looks like the light shining on V is dimmer. This is no good, don't make the same mistake RDR2 online did. In a customization menu we need to be able to see the character clearly to ensure that they look the way we want also in the actual game.

Also while red is a cool color, the text is somewhat harder to read in dim, dark red. I think the first, oldest creator menu had the best and clearest colors. Id change the color of text to something brighter, like white or yellow, even if you keep the menus themselves red. Stylistically 3 also looks too monochromatic and thus boring.

About the last one I like that the additional items and menus are to the sides rather than on top or bottom of screen. This is because V is standing and thus gets to occupy the given space fully when there is nothing above or below them, letting us zoom closer better instead of menus covering parts of V.

Last edited:
I think it 1 and 3 are roughly the same (I like the color scheme of 1 better, but the layout of 3 better). 2 is by far the worst iteration.

2 feels a lot like Bethesda's Fallout UI which is minimalistic and "clean", I like it the most, being a big fan of Skyrim and Fallout 4.

1 feels too busy and attention-begging for me. Then again, I come from the Bethesda club. So my views are already subjective.

3 I guess is a compromise between 1 and 2.

The only thing that looks terribly bad to me is that it appears the first iteration had 36 eye colors and the 2nd has 7. (unless those are pull down tabs with color shades within them or something.) As for everything else it just looks like the U.I. simply changed over time but the basics remained exactly the same. As long as we still have a bunch of skin, eye and hair colors I'll be fine. Nothing worse than an overly limited color palette. (although limited nose, mouth and eye shapes are never fun either....) "Nuts, I can't make jimmy Durante because there aren't any noses big enough!."

Guest 4211861

It's something you do once, then play for like 200h, I don't think it's a problem.

I hope there are beauty clinics/surgeons that have other options that aren't available in CC

That would be really cool. I'm hoping there's an option for vampire fangs lol.

The only thing that looks terribly bad to me is that it appears the first iteration had 36 eye colors and the 2nd has 7.

Yeah to me it also looked like the options have been getting fewer over time since we saw the first glimpses of CC.. Its really confusing. Of course I haven't seen the actual game yet, but screenshots look strange.

PS. The last, latest CC shows menus that don't really show how many options are there..

I mean, I don't like sliders since they doesn't allow me to compare options easily, but it doesn't look too bad. I've seen some pretty terrible CCs in my days.

Guest 4375874

Is it just me or are the V`s getting uglier ever time we see them ? I really hope i can make an attractive V and yes i do know it`s first person . I still want V hot looking :shrug:

Ps i wish you had a look at Female V in CC :giveup:
lol This is a weird comment...you do realize that's just someone's customization right? Maybe that's how the person looks, what may not be attractive to you may be to them.
Post automatically merged:

Am I the only one who thinks the new character customization looks bad I mean the first one was so good.
View attachment 11069774View attachment 11069777View attachment 11069780
you'll be seeing the layout most likely just the one time unless you are someone who constantly changes their appearance but whatever the case the UI layout being different doesn't seem like a big deal so long as it does what it's supposed to. :shrug:

Yeah to me it also looked like the options have been getting fewer over time since we saw the first glimpses of CC.. Its really confusing. Of course I haven't seen the actual game yet, but screenshots look strange.

PS. The last, latest CC shows menus that don't really show how many options are there..
At the same time from hands on previews all I've heard is how in depth character creation is. Of course, those are from excited folks who got to preview the game early so who knows how long they spent in CC. I'm not too worried overall. It's just another fun thing we'll get to discover for ourselves and then fawn over or complain about once it's out. I will now insert a bunch of nonsensical cardinal emojis because others have done that in this thread. :giveup::sleep::sad::cry::ok::facepalm::eek:

Is it just me or are the V`s getting uglier ever time we see them ? I really hope i can make an attractive V and yes i do know it`s first person . I still want V hot looking :shrug:

Ps i wish you had a look at Female V in CC :giveup:

Preach. Male V has been seeing some downgrades since that 2019 trailer, and I'm still hoping that's available preset.

If the 3rd one is what we get, then I'm okay with it. It looks like we'll still have plenty of options, and that's what I care most about; to me, character customization means having a player character that's different and unique per player, and I want that reflected. Plus the layout makes more sense than the first one.

Top Bottom