looking for a cyberpunk indie game

+

Forum veteran
Snatcher is awesome. There's an intermittent sense of dorky humor throughout it, but I've never played a cyberpunk game with a more suffocating and paranoid atmosphere. You quickly realize that anyone could be a snatcher in disguise, and it makes a lot of the story really tense.

It has a few dated "shooter" sections that use a 3x3 grid that doesn't really work all that well, and of course there's Kojima's trademark weirdness all over it, but it's a really good game apart from those things (which is probably why copies of it are cartoonishly expensive these days). It's not an immortal classic worth the 150 or so dollars it will likely cost you online, but if you're lucky enough to find someone local selling one at a more reasonable price, it's definitely worth it.

It's one of the few adventure games I've been able to beat without having to look at any kind of walkthrough. That doesn't mean that all the puzzles are easy, but I never felt like the game was extremely contrived or illogical.

The plot is kinda goofy and cliché as it's a mishmash of various sci-fi movies (mostly Blade Runner and Terminator).... but I absolutely love stuff like that. Visuals are great too. Glad they didn't go with live action CDI cutscenes *shudder*.

if you like lego there is cloudpunk
Post automatically merged:

finally "lego" the universe is there in cloudpunk the original story but it is made in small cube ...

Last edited:
I played Observer recently, and it has the atmosphere, the feels and the lore of a cyberpunk world. But in my opinion, it has a lot of flaws, mostly gameplay-wise. Play it at your own discretion : link to the GOG page !

It's really the "attitude" a game needs to convey that makes is "cyberpunk" or not. The mechanics are pretty much irrelevant.

Cyberpunk is about the struggle of the individual vs the "powers" that want to treat them like a disposable, interchangeable, cog in a machine.

nehu

Forum regular
DEX

quite good indie 2D cyberpunk RPG

1606860449854.png

tbh, cyberpunk is the most reasonable game genre for RPG, as u can "level up" by implants :D

Last edited:
There's this cool Cyberpunk indie game coming out next month. I think It's called Cyberpunk 2077 or something. You should try it out.
riiiight indie games like firewatch are actually good games surpassing larger studioes, would be sad to se cyberpunk loose its magic like some of the major games like last of us 2 has.

Top Bottom