The game must have mod support so modders can build new cars

+
Hi, I am new to the forum and I would like to mod Cyberpunk and have some ideas. Now is there any latest mod kit that I can use or is the old witcher2 mod kit the only viable option? I wouldn't mind going through all the ingame files when the game releases but if anyone knows how to mod RedEngine games would appreciate some tips

I don't think CDPR will succeed in hiring all the modders to stop people from modding their game. It does hurt though.

While Mod Support wasn't promised i do think Mod support is something that comes based on company to company personally there will already be a option for other choices so i don't think replay value will be a issue as it is the cars while there are not many how many of you will actually find it boring to find that many of the same cars. If as CDPR stated each car will have a different feel aka if you find one when you step in it that looks like junk it will probably drive like junk so there will be variation and if it looks and sounds like a speed demon it's going to most likely have the power etc. this kinda of variation i think unless your using something like Johnny Silverhand's car should keep the game some what fresh but im sure mods will possibly find a way in eventually

The game needs mod support overall the life span would be infinite better.
So true ! Here is another revenue stream for you CDPR. In 3 months after the release of CP2077, SELL a SDK for CP 2077, release your own creation kit (or whatever you call it), place it on your web store and Steam, price it cheap $10 . Currently on Nexus there is over 115,000 mod authors that's over 1 million USD (in this example). So not only would you please a lot of your fan base, but also extend life of your game, (Skyrim was released Nov 2011 and still has over 23,000 players playing right now, and has over 90K mods), and I think improve (long term) your game.
However don't try to cash in on modders mods, just sell them a tools (cheaply) as-is and let them work their magic.
Contrary to what you may think modding does not diminish your game, it simply increases the players choices.

And even if it was that would not mean much seeing how their promises are apparently worthless. They explicitly promised mod support for The Witcher 3 that would enable the creation of new adventures but what they ended up releasing did not provide that.

I really wonder why they changed their stance on modding so much. Do they not understand the value this adds to their game? Vanilla Bethesda games for example are borderline unplayable at times but get an immense boost by their modding communities. Is there some nefarious business calculation that I am unaware of that would lead them to the adoption of this anti-consumer stance?

This is particularly bizarre when you consider that, looking at their job listings, they require their prospective hires to showcase their work on software like The Witcher 2’s (released nine! years ago) RED Kit and other games’ mod tools. I can think of several modders from this very community off the top of my head that CDPR hired in the past. Why they wouldn’t want to allow their potential new talent to be able to familiarize themselves with their current dev tools is even more beyond me.

i think they understand the value of modding, but it's not in their scope. as a game becomes more advanced, the modding possibilities lessen. it's because it requires a lot more time, resource, and skill that non professionals would not be able to muster.

the besthesda game mods are nothing but glorified model replacements, i do think cdpr could look into developing mod tools towards that end, but i think the type of games is so different, there's not much interest.

from what i remember, witcher 2 and 3 both eventually had that capability, but no one really capitalized upon that. also i think you'll agree the quality levels of the models in bestheda games varies between good enough to utter dogturd, so i think with cdpr games again there's not that innate motivation to want to improve anything. so the modding goes towards another direction, ie tworwards gamepaly tweaking, stat tweaking, etc. rather than major visual overhauls

I have seen the mafia comparison a few times. I don't like it, not a fair one. Mafias cars where not designed by their team. They are models take from the real world and ported into.

All of the cars in 2077 are unique designed for the game

Last edited:
The game should have mod support on consoles as well so that mods can rethink the un-immersive progression system based on +X% damage and level gated loot and equipment. Like I cannot wear a t-shirt because I'm not strong enough as it was in the Witcher 3 already. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I hope the newer consoles have modding in some sort of aspect

I have seen the mafia comparison a few times. I don't like it, not a fair one. Mafias cars where not designed by their team. They are models take from the real world and ported into.

All of the cars in 2077 are unique designed for the game
The workload difference for the modelers is probably negligent though. Designing them is the job of concept artists and what not. So it only differs in that the CG artists work based on their prototypes instead of photos. Probably takes about the same amount of time to create the 3D model and texture though.

You think they'll release a content update with body shops so that we can do it without needing a PC and modding abilities? While I doubt they'll do it, it would be cool if it was a free content update. Scatter a few shops around town where you can go and pay to either customize a car you acquire or build one from scratch? Not sure how the car acquisition activities will go or how varied the available cars will be. Would be nice to get a custom job that I can make 100% perfect without hunting dozens of different quests to find one that is "just kinda alright". Hell, I'd even be down with a custom body shop that cost a butt-ton of eddies. The perfect ride would be worth it.

I wonder what portion of the playerbase cares close to zero percent about this feature just like me.

The workload difference for the modelers is probably negligent though. Designing them is the job of concept artists and what not. So it only differs in that the CG artists work based on their prototypes instead of photos. Probably takes about the same amount of time to create the 3D model and texture though.

I was talking about the** comparison about how many models each have, it taking much longer to design is what I'm talking about. I'm saying that saying "how come we only have 29 mafia has.." isn't a fair comparison because mafia doesn't have unique cars and definitely don't have the level of detail cdpr has put into it. I mean, have you seen the interiors? Insane!

You think they'll release a content update with body shops so that we can do it without needing a PC and modding abilities? While I doubt they'll do it, it would be cool if it was a free content update. Scatter a few shops around town where you can go and pay to either customize a car you acquire or build one from scratch? Not sure how the car acquisition activities will go or how varied the available cars will be. Would be nice to get a custom job that I can make 100% perfect without hunting dozens of different quests to find one that is "just kinda alright". Hell, I'd even be down with a custom body shop that cost a butt-ton of eddies. The perfect ride would be worth it.

I doubt that mods will come to console judging by Witcher 3. Every modder uses a PC, so that is the platform of choice if you want to mod your game.

Top Bottom