The lack of 3rd person view

+
Just some feedback. Why give us the ability to extensively create a character but not give a 3rd person option especially when there is 3rd person control options. Did you guys get lazy? I understand the stock market drop had you guys scrounging at the end but why give the fans more ammo against you by cutting simple corners. I would rather not have a character creation with so many options if all I can do is pause it or look in my mirror at my apartment to see myself. One of the great things about changing clothes is seeing it consistently. At this point it doesn't matter what you wear as long as it has perks and high armor rating. And I am on the ps4 and it crashed 3 times on me so far. Too much detail in the HDR for it to catch up and load is what it appears to be. Maybe it is better on ps5 but playstation didn't think ahead. Anyway fun game and other than that I am enjoying it but a 3rd person option/update would only benefit your fans. Thanks

It is such a shame, it is already in the game if you are on a bike... why the hell they refuse to add a simple option of 3rd person view that is already was coded for bikes... just for exploration/out of combat. I am really disappointed in this. Immersion argument is a complete bs. Devs said that first person works, and people need to play it first... well, I played, it does not work. Having 3rd person option for when I roam around the city would be immersive for me, not fps. It's literally minutes of work since it is already implemented.
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.11 - 10.21.00.70.jpg

Arguing over and over about immersion is irritating. Playing without 3rd person is like a movie without the main character. It is enough to compare it with the competition that did it so much better, such as Assassin Creed Valhalla. In the real world, the hero feels his body and movements, and in the game, he should be able to see himself in action. 3rd person actually provides the necessary link between the gamer and his character and improves immersion. For example, Close-quarters combat in 1st person is simply ridiculous!.

3rd person would have been nice, but the way the game is definitely helps with immersion. I've just been activating the photo mode whenever I get the urge to see my character.

Just to add some pain, when I tried to accept the first person thing, the game got stuck in Viktor's clinic chair. No way to continue - I tried everything and some. Now, countless hours spent to install it, get it starting, crawling through the so and so interface, just to get stuck in the second episode. It must be working for some people on some platforms but not for me, regardless of huge computer and gaming experience and the top-shelf PC. I have requested the refund! Shame, not a serious release!

As someone who was very much disappointed by the lack of a third person perspective, I feel good with the perspective at this point. This game does make you feel like you are in it, imo. And it's managed to make me feel invested in my player character in a FPP game. I'm in shock about that. Normally I tend to feel more of a connection to a character I can see. But I got to 'make' her, so that's one thing that can connect you to your character. And I feel like I get to see her enough, considering the perspective, partially in a big way to photomode (even though I'm having issues with it). I guess my only thing now is there are times I wish I could zoom out. Because in real life our view is two/ three times wider with peripheral vision, so it can feel like your view is slightly cropped (if that makes any sense). I feel that the most when I'm fighting using a sword, or walking around looking at the city. The perspective adds to the interesting experience of this game, I think I finally get why they did it the way they did.

edit: I forgot to mention that the story is the biggest thing that has pulled me in and felt invested in V.

Last edited:
It makes NO sense to be playing a game with SO much character customization and have NO third person view option.

If this is for immersion, why not make it a CHOICE. Not everyone is going to have their immersion broken by seeing their character in third person. In fact quite the opposite. Just like seeing a TV character from the outside gives us a sense if the character, being to see OUR character from the outside in the environment ALSO gives us a feel for our character.

At the very least it should be a players CHOICE and not something decided for us.

VERY DISAPPIONTING

Third person view totally breaks the stealth part of a game, it lets you see around corners and other things you may not be able to see in first person. And I think that's what some people here are complaining about.
They want it easy and not have to actually sneak around.

Last edited:
Just to add some pain, when I tried to accept the first person thing, the game got stuck in Viktor's clinic chair. No way to continue - I tried everything and some. Now, countless hours spent to install it, get it starting, crawling through the so and so interface, just to get stuck in the second episode. It must be working for some people on some platforms but not for me, regardless of huge computer and gaming experience and the top-shelf PC. I have requested the refund! Shame, not a serious release!
wait for the next update patch. the game has only been out a couple of days. them crashing that keep happening have an bug report code ready to be sent to the development team if the player choose to help out. that is for me at ps4, just not sure if the same applies for pc.
Post automatically merged:

Third person view totally breaks the stealth part of a game, it lets you see around corners and other things you may not be able to see in first person. And I think that's what's some people here are complaining about.
They want it easy and not have to actually sneak around.
No, they are not complaining about it. We are complaining about the immersion of what the game team want us to feel. that plus the character creation being alive in third person mode. swinging arms and pointing at first person mode is not enough to call my character alive because putting hour or hours is like asking '' why the hell did i put so much concern how my character is gonna look when i'm only able to see my character on a mirror or during bike ride??''
Post automatically merged:

Play something elce if you want 3rd person been told many time by devs thay there will be no 3rd person cam
they don't have much of an choice but to write in new codes to enable us to either toggle to first person mode or third person mode. they lose money if enough players return the game with an refund.

Last edited:
You can always check out you V in photomode.

I can't animate V in photomode. Even positioning V for photomode is tough in FPP. For instances, I fell from the edge during Rescuing Sandra quest(From where trauma team take the body). And the left-right/close-far slide bar in photomode is kind of weird and too limited.

Attachments

• photomode_10122020_124237.jpg
    photomode_10122020_124237.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 111
Top Bottom