Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
It looks like CDPR took a page out of Ubisoft's map design.The map is a diarrhea of map icons,not to mention that most of the side activities are painfully generic.There are three varietions of "go there and kill goons".

Speaking of side activities.....even though I'm not the biggest Witcher 3 fan I always appreciated the side quests and I was expecting the same quality in 2077.Yet here I am faced with quests requesting me to collect 20 tarot cards or to hunt down 7 taxis all over NC and quite simply I don't care enough to put myself through all this.I hope to God those quests aren't essential to get the best ending.

Last edited:
Loving the game so far. The important parts fo me - Gorgeous city, great memorable charactes, good story are all spot on. Every issue I have can be fixed with updates and mods. There are a lot of bugs, but all of them were just visual ones (20h in).

Oh well, probably for the best.

Does anyone know why we cannot post or read personal reviews at Meta yet?

I mean the game is fully released.

This is an honest, direct from consumer feedback. Not a flame.

I've been a big fan of CDPR from Witcher 1. Bought and plaid everything they offered.

But what I see now is a company that has succumbed to the machine.

Why withhold console footage of the game? Because it's unacceptably bad. Broken in fact. So rather than deliver the experience consumers expect and deserve, let's deceive them. Lying by omission. To hide the product they would otherwise not buy. This is so morally deplorable I don't even know how a self-conscious person can authorize this.

Did the game go gold? How is that possible? Gold means good. It's the high standard consumers expect.

It was a lie. A lie targeted at buyers who cashed in the good will CDPR have built up only to be fooled. Cheated out of their money for an unfinished game, that fails to deliver on the promises.

This is really sad. CDPR have their money now at the cost of their good will and integrity.

I just can't believe they went down this road. There's no going back now.

Feel free to lock this post, which I'm sure will happen. We can't have disappointed consumers posting their disappointments. Probably i'm sure my account will also be locked. That's fine too.

So far it's a joy to play and explore, despite some funny bugs here and there, hopefully those will get patched eventually, otherwise got nothing to complain about.

'Gold' just means the game was sent for pressing onto disk ahead of launch.

There are undeniably some bugs (I've not encountered anything particularly troublesome so far).

You're welcome to your view, but I find it a little too cynical and 'chicken little' of an opinion for my taste. The game has launched at the upper end of bugginess for a AAA title, but it's far from unprecedented and CDPR is far from unique.

I do think the 'hype train' is partly responsible for building up Cyberpunk and CDPR to a ridiculous degree.

It's just a game.

It's just a game studio.

Oh well, probably for the best.

Does anyone know why we cannot post or read personal reviews at Meta yet?

I mean the game is fully released.
It is an open world game with 100 hours of content in it... you want a situation like with the Last of Us 2 where after 1 min of the game being released 10,000 people gave it a 0/10 "review"? It is because of this even with TLOU2 that Metacritic said that user reviews from now on will open after 1 day or so, so that people will actually play the damn thing before posting their hate. It is laughable of course that they think that this will make any difference other than just have the people who what to put out those 0/10 reviews wait 24 hours or so lol.

User reviews mostly suck. Bunch of 10/10 and 0/10 all over the place.

Here is my opinion on the matter.
CDPR was more than happy to postpone the game and finish polishing it, but people being people pressurized the company into releasing the unfinished game.
[...]

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
All you hosers will enjoy this game despite any flaws you find that being said it could be better in some ways personaly a hardcore mode that has zero bullet sponge for enemies and yourself.3-4 shots and out for the count.its all about the imersion for me :).Heres to hoping cdpr implements the option to turn off enemy health bars, loot outlines and ability to turn off Quest indicators on the hud.I understand that with the current design this doesnt seem feesible in finding locations and loot but why not use the eye scan for items if needing help to find them and for finding the exact location of a destination being a mission or poi ,thier are solutions.like simply opening the map periodically.or a cool feature to implement sometime woud be the ability to quickly bring say a phone to the players eyes with a general area map displayed would be perfect.this game is great eye candy and these types of games draw a croud who appreciates the immersion factor.hope to see a update helping with these things or a modder to do so soon.a game of this level of detail and beuty needs these immersion options available...good game despite cheers!

It is an open world game with 100 hours of content in it... you want a situation like with the Last of Us 2 where after 1 min of the game being released 10,000 people gave it a 0/10 "review"? It is because of this even with TLOU2 that Metacritic said that user reviews from now on will open after 1 day or so, so that people will actually play the damn thing before posting their hate. It is laughable of course that they think that this will make any difference other than just have the people who what to put out those 0/10 reviews wait 24 hours or so lol.

User reviews mostly suck. Bunch of 10/10 and 0/10 all over the place.

I do agree that all the ratings are hastily written with all the content that can be enjoyed.

But that aside... I also understand that the majority is upset with the state the game is in right now. (I myself did not have a bad experience as of now but also can't deny the fact that the forum is flooded with complaints).

I hope that the next update/- s change the opinions of that all...

But in the end the launch will be remembered as a really difficult one.

CDPR should be ashamed to have released this on Xbox One and PS4. I'm on Xbox played 2 missions and that's it. Only bugs I encountered was fps drops and game just freezing for a few seconds. But I can not put up with the quality of the graphics completely unacceptable. I can take a few bugs but the overall graphic quality framerates of 15 -20fps is a complete joke. So on the shelf for this game maybe i'll try in 6 months when new consoles are available but I will probably just give it away to a friend that I told not buy it due to the bad quality. Only way I could see some faith being given back is if you bought it on Xbox and PS4 you can get a free PC version through GOG. I know this won't happen but to sell the version they have on consoles they have no conscience or care for their customers. I thought CDPR was different but they are just as bad as the worst.

Disgusted in what has been sold to me absolute crap.

I played for couple of hours as a corpo on PC to see if the game actually works. Used medium settings as my system can't do high or ultra. It works, but barely. It seems it needed another 6 months in the oven. Mostly for technical side - optimization and play-testing AI. There are other minor things like graphics glitches and occasional crashes. Interface is probably a curse of CDPR, because in good tradition it's pretty hard to navigate.

I've decided to put the game away for some time (months?). Unfortunate, because of the risk of bumping into spoilers. In the mean time I'll upgrade my PC and I hope CDPR will get rid of the technical issues. I'm not refunding for sure, because I loved what I saw. I'll just wait till the game is in better shape.

What is the worst insult is that these PS4/XBONE versions are so bad that its like CDPR is showing the middle finger to its customers...

Those same customers are the ones who funded the kind of game Cyberpunk is... and that must be acknowledged even from the hardcore PC gamers who tend to mock console users.

It is because of the millions of W3 copies sold on PS4/XB that CDPR could grow so big and afford to make an AAAA production game such as Cyberpunk. And yet those very same customers are used as easy money now. This is completely unacceptable.

Console users should be respected. CDPR tends to call themselves PC enthusiasts, then if so, why use console install base for easy money? Most of W3's profit came from consoles.... and that is by far.

Now console users even bought PS5s and cannot properly enjoy the game as their hardware allows them to do so.

"but you can wait for the next gen patch... sometime... in 2021...."

Come on...

Top Bottom