Police behaviour. Bug,gameplay choice or unfinished?

+
I've been playing all weekend and have been amazed at the world cdpr have created (I'm one of the lucky few with hardly any bugs)

And I noticed something last night. I ran over a load of pedestrians got a 2 star wanted level, and just drove off for a few seconds and it was like nothing happened. No police cars chasing me, just a few bots and cops spawned outta nowhere shot at me a bit and that was it.

So like the thread title says bug,gameplay choice or unfinished?

Guest 4479767

I've been playing all weekend and have been amazed at the world cdpr have created (I'm one of the lucky few with hardly any bugs)

And I noticed something last night. I ran over a load of pedestrians got a 2 star wanted level, and just drove off for a few seconds and it was like nothing happened. No police cars chasing me, just a few bots and cops spawned outta nowhere shot at me a bit and that was it.

So like the thread title says bug,gameplay choice or unfinished?
agreed its a huge game bug actions have no reprcutions in you get in car and leave 30-120 feet area enemeys are in . same goes for combat on foot if you go 30-120 feet away enemys will stop following you and either wait like a fool doing nothing , go back to were they started or just shoot at you . it kills the otherwise amazing combat system which is the most fun ive had shooting in a game ina while .... that being said if its not close to enemy it brakes all emersion . they need to make field enemy's can follow you in bigger and must add some chase mechanic for cops , we had that in games 10+ years ago.
not sure how they thought that would be okay

It's a real shame they forgot this part of the game. Imagine being able to build up your wanted level so you get the police mechs hunting you down, police car chases, police air support etc etc. Too me a real huge chunk of gameplay is missing.

Like ya said 10 plus years this has been happening in games, just gutted this has been omitted from the 'final' build. And I'm sure with all the bugs cdpr have to squash this is way down the priority list.

Guest 4479767

It's a real shame they forgot this part of the game. Imagine being able to build up your wanted level so you get the police mechs hunting you down, police car chases, police air support etc etc. Too me a real huge chunk of gameplay is missing.

Like ya said 10 plus years this has been happening in games, just gutted this has been omitted from the 'final' build. And I'm sure with all the bugs cdpr have to squash this is way down the priority list.
it wouldn't of been that hard for them to to , but then they would of needed to give cars and pedestrians ai which it doesn't . everything is a shell dropped in . there just ment to entertain you for a bit games not an rpg its action adventure with an open world .they made a simple chose , graffics and focus on linner story over rpg and any choses ..... that would of been fine and game would be good if it was sold as such but it wasnt . thus anyone expecting an rpg has major issues with it on some level and thoses coming from shooting games or such who care about story fighting mechanics and graphics are having a blast . problem is no amount of time could of fixed the issues with the game . its choses on how it was made ...... an other year wouldn't add ai to cops or peds . but there were other shortcuts that are inexcusable . mind you im enjoying it as i got for free but if i paid id be pissssed

The police behavior is weird.

They usually spawn right next to you when something goes wrong. Seems like they didn't have enough time to actually finish the cop system yet.

1. If a crime is reported, cops should get pinged and drive to the location with their cars.
2. If you start killing cops, eventually Trauma Team should fly in and help to neutralize the threat.

Currently it's like: Player does something illegal, cops spawn 10m next to you and start shooting. It sometimes also happens when you are helping the cops but you are not in their "radius" and then it registers as a crime.

I haven't been breaking the law too much in this game, but when I did, I couldn't get rid of the police! I just kept running, and they were coming after me gunning! I had to go left and right and jump somewhere to escape..

And now I keep hearing about shitty police AI...I should test them.

Enemy npc indeed, is kind of wonky, and if I get farther away from the "event" place, they will return...and as a little extra bug, even if you clear an area if innocent bystanders/hostages, they will still be kneel and staying as if they have a gun pointed to their head

I'm hoping deep down that cdpr just run outta time, shoved the game out the door and hoped no one would notice till they possibly fix it 😉

I've realised, after my initial excitement of the GFX and world, that the game world is incredibly shallow. But is this intentional? Right now it's a very good looking game, with great fun gunplay. And that's it I was expecting more tbh

I agree, the wanted system is very half assed, you only need to drive round the corner and everything is forgotten, really needs AI that can chase you down / ram you etc.
Post automatically merged:

Stealing AI would be nice too, i literally loot every building and characters don't care

Last edited:
The cops spawning in definitely needs fixing. I accidentally lobbed a grenade while standing around an elevator, and suddenly there's an entire squad behind me, all lined up against the wall shooting at me. They always seem to spawn behind you, too.

It honestly would be better to just turn off cop spawning until it's fixed. There's no benefit for you to fight them (especially since you, the player, know that the cops just pop into existence meaning there's no end to them) and most, if not all, players will do one of two things; run/drive far away for the cops to despawn, or reload the save.

Simply put, leaving the cops in doesn't add anything of value to the experience, and turning them off doesn't remove anything of value to the experience.

The cops spawning in definitely needs fixing. I accidentally lobbed a grenade while standing around an elevator, and suddenly there's an entire squad behind me, all lined up against the wall shooting at me. They always seem to spawn behind you, too.

It honestly would be better to just turn off cop spawning until it's fixed. There's no benefit for you to fight them (especially since you, the player, know that the cops just pop into existence meaning there's no end to them) and most, if not all, players will do one of two things; run/drive far away for the cops to despawn, or reload the save.

Simply put, leaving the cops in doesn't add anything of value to the experience, and turning them off doesn't remove anything of value to the experience.

One of my one and only complaints with the game, because the game more than makes up for missing things with how great and fun it is to experience as a story and the gunplay is punchy and sound effects are great, i honestly don't think the driving is all that bad on a controller. (there is some room for improvement), i enjoy being in first person and riding the bikes and gliding through the roads of night city, if you don't just floor it every where its quite pleasant to drive around, try slowing down is a good tip.

I've been having a blast after 70 hours in, which is more hours than i put into most games, there is still a fuck load of stuff to do on thee map as well. But doubt would beat my total hours on Total War Warhammer though but we'll see :D

I want to beleve the current situation with police AI is just a temporary place holder, that was not finished and put there just as "simulation" of a proper system?IDK.

I haven't been breaking the law too much in this game, but when I did, I couldn't get rid of the police! I just kept running, and they were coming after me gunning! I had to go left and right and jump somewhere to escape..

And now I keep hearing about shitty police AI...I should test them.

Enemy npc indeed, is kind of wonky, and if I get farther away from the "event" place, they will return...and as a little extra bug, even if you clear an area if innocent bystanders/hostages, they will still be kneel and staying as if they have a gun pointed to their head

There is no defending the police ai, they can teleport anywhere and incapable of driving and giving chase, to loose the police just drive around the corner :p

for police car chases to happen you would need a working traffic AI for the whole open world, otherwise police might chase you but because there is no general traffic AI civilian cars wouldn't know how to evade. police would just get struck in traffic. so it's definitely not a bug.

Top Bottom