This game is probably the pinnacle of achievement in game design. It's such a shame management destroyed it.

+
I think we can all agree, CDPR built a magnificent world.

Night city and the surrounding badlands are one of the rarest type of world we have seen AND it's honestly gorgeous.

With that said... It's barren. We're extremely far from what CDPR said the world was. Which was apparently, and I quote, "The most believable city in any open world to date". I say was because they said they had achieved this back in 2018. The city has no depth. What on the surface is literally all there is to it.

It's a beautiful environment, yes, but it's full of lifeless drones and nothing to do in it besides shooting bad guys.

Everything being talked about are objective facts.

Whether you like the game regardless or not is the subjective part.
You like it? Good for you. No one is trying to dispute that but don't stand there and tell me my decisions in the story matter because they don't.

I either do the quest or don't. There is no other option.

Wrong, to me the history 'matter'... i see diferent it. Now, if you ask me if i like HOW (what way) it matter, ll be another history. But i ll ask u two things, first, dont try impose your SUBJETIVE point of view to me - secound, no spoiler. I continue to disagree with you on almost everything, although I have a different opinion from the CD itself about history, lore, game, mechanics, etc ... (and my opinion, which I haven't yet pressed here, is infinitely tougher than the its about the theme and the decisions of the game designers). Just don't confuse things and pause the ideas or order them, otherwise, it's hard to argue ... (i hate google translate)

Console player: Wait, this isn't GTA?

PC player: Never has been.

Stop trying to put this game into a box. It was always going to be a story driven game. That's really on you for not knowing what you are buying. This anti-hype stuff is really getting out of hand.

Wrong, to me the history 'matter'... i see diferent it. Now, if you ask me if i like HOW (what way) it matter, ll be another history. But i ll ask u two things, first, dont try impose your SUBJETIVE point os view to me, secound, no spoiler.

I don't think english is your first language. So maybe you are not understanding what I am telling you.
Your decisions do not impact the story.

No matter what dialogue option you pick you always end up where you were going anyway. This is 100% undisputable fact.
This is confirmed and documented by many players and gameplay guides as I linked earlier.

This is the truth. Its not about subjectivity and preferences. Its about the truth.

Ah yes, the multi part quests of 'shoot all the bad men' and 'loot the building / save the hostage'. These quests are really basic... Which is not a bad thing in in of itself but 'basic kill / loot' quests is not what I want out of AN RPG GAME I WAS PROMISED.

What side jobs have you completed? Can you name your favorite? Have you done The Hunt or Sinnerman?

Console player: Wait, this isn't GTA?

PC player: Never has been.

Stop trying to put this game into a box. It was always going to be a story driven game. That's really on you for not knowing what you are buying. This anti-hype stuff is really getting out of hand.

I'm a PC player and, yeah, it's definitely not GTA.

GTA had, and still has, a functioning and engaging world. No one is asking CP to become GTA and simply be some battleground for you to wreak havoc in it in a cyberpunk setting.

We want the world that CDPR said it already was in 2018 to exist today. No one truly expected thousands of NPCs with their own individual lives to become a reality but we definitely expected something better than what we got.
Post automatically merged:

What side jobs have you completed? Can you name your favorite? Have you done The Hunt or Sinnerman?

I did.

Sinnerman was one of the more interesting quests in the game. Big in Japan actually made me chuckle at the reference.

Cherry picking a few really good side quests out of a ton of other mediocre ones does not prove any kind of phenomenal depth never achieved before in any other game though. Plenty of thought provoking or pop references quests in other games.

I will try to summarize, although you address many issues and even complex ones, simplifying them

About AIs, they are primary, although they exist and this is a technical fact. I work and study games and know a little (although my focus on game design, modeling and 3d animation). Saying this does not mean 'finding it good'. You confuse things, in my view;

About history, if decisions matter: I can't spoiler here, but, yes, they do. Whether and wards are in line with what I would like, well, another story, another debate;

About romances: an old CD problem and it has to do with the anticipation of the game, in my view. Or they really did a job similar to what they did on TW3, nothing new, few lines of dialogue, something like 'an end in itself', almost without purpose or merely with narrative purpose, I think they could have dared more. In both cases, I would make or make different decisions about, inspired more by the idea of 'open world' and 'companion' (seen in some online games like Jedi The Old Republic);

About the rest, I don't even remember, it's a lot of mixed things that you argue.

If you're going to quote my post, don't edit my quote.

Out of all the side quests I have done, only the Delamain ones really stuck with me.

Ah yes, the multi part quests of 'shoot all the bad men' and 'loot the building / save the hostage'. These quests are really basic... Which is not a bad thing in in of itself but 'basic kill / loot' quests is not what I want out of AN RPG GAME I WAS PROMISED.

You straight up lied.

You are just making excuses and false equivalencies.
Here is a complete overview of all the quests and multiple """options""" you have.

Spoiler: No matter what decision you make the end result is almost always the same.

I'm a PC player and, yeah, it's definitely not GTA.

GTA had, and still has, a functioning and engaging world. No one is asking CP to become GTA and simply be some battleground for you to wreak havoc in it in a cyberpunk setting.

We want the world that CDPR said it already was in 2018 to exist today. No one truly expected thousands of NPCs with their own individual lives to become a reality but we definitely expected something better than what we got.

I did.

Sinnerman was one of the more interesting quests in the game. Big in Japan actually made me chuckle at the reference.

Cherry picking a few really good side quests out of a ton of other mediocre ones does not prove any kind of phenomenal depth never achieved before in any other game though. Plenty of thought provoking or pop references quests in other games.

These are the norm, not the exception. There aren't many generic GTA type quests in this game. (Excluding epistrophy, which I despise)

Funny thing is CDPR did promise just that.
Lmao...

Arguably, they didn't promise that per se. They said they had achieved it and things can change during development.

But there's "we had to reduce the scope so that most hardware can handle it" and then there's "we just scrapped everything and gave you the most basic of system"

These are the norm, not the exception. There aren't many generic GTA type quests in this game.

What?

Either you're trolling or you haven't done that many side quests.

I've stopped counting the amount of "go to X kill Y" "Go to K pick up F" and "Go to H, <neutralize D> and dump him in a car".

The high quality side quests are not the norm. They're an exception.

These are the norm, not the exception. There aren't many generic GTA type quests in this game.

ll be very hard change it without more time. I like this random quests, IF have a SOLID base. I have some ideas about it, but need time too to elaborate and put on code. I opened a topic earlier in the suggestion part or tab that asked for this 'a random quest generator'. But someone asked me about it and I replied: 'if there is a certain lore, base, I think it is possible to give more life to these quests'.

I think you're misattributing 'quests with interesting premise' to 'interesting quests'. Most of them boil down to 'shoot the man', 'talk to the man' or 'get item from bad men'. In pure gameplay aspect, all quests in CP77 are rather dull.

Take Oblivion to compare. Thieves guild has you:

1) Stealing an item from the city; If you fuck around and don't steal it first, someone else will. But then you have the option to steal the item from that person, by questioning the beggars about who did it and where they are. You aren't allowed to kill that person and you have to figure out on your own how to proceed if you fuck it up.

2) Sneaking through a monastery of blind monks to steal an item, without being spotted. Again, as a part of the thieves guild, you aren't allowed to kill anyone.

3) Stealing an arrow, which is then used to shoot at a lock high upon the ceiling to open a doorway.

4) Stealing boots that render you immune to falling damage for one fall.

5) By the end of the quest you get a mask that renders you completely anonymous, allowing you to commit crimes, but also putting a giant bullseye on your head while the mask is on. If you take the mask off when no one is looking, you are absolved of all crimes commited while masked.

That game came out in 2006, and that's just one single guild. Cyberpunk has -nothing- like this (partially because there's no stealing / functional wanted system... But can you see what I mean when I just find it peculiar that people think CPs quests are something special?)

I think you're misattributing 'quests with interesting premise' to 'interesting quests'. Most of them boil down to 'shoot the man', 'talk to the man' or 'get item from bad men'. In pure gameplay aspect, all quests in CP77 are rather dull.

1) Stealing an item from the city; If you fuck around and don't steal it first, someone else will. But then you have the option to steal the item from that person, by questioning the beggars about who did it and where they are. You aren't allowed to kill that person and you have to figure out on your own how to proceed if you fuck it up.

2) Sneaking through a monastery of blind monks to steal an item, without being spotted. Again, as a part of the thieves guild, you aren't allowed to kill anyone.

3) Stealing an arrow, which is then used to shoot at a lock high upon the ceiling to open a doorway.

5) By the end of the quest you get a mask that renders you completely anonymous, allowing you to commit crimes, but also putting a giant bullseye on your head while the mask is on. If you take the mask off when no one is looking, you are absolved of all crimes commited while masked.

That game came out in 2006, and that's just one single guild. Cyberpunk has -nothing- like this (partially because there's no stealing / functional wanted system... But can you see what I mean when I just find it peculiar that people think CPs quests are something special?)

Redpoint simply for that reference. Oblivion, for all it's flaws, had one the best thieves guild quest line.

Would be cool to have gang specific classes where we can swear loyalty to one or become honorary members. Gang wars and our roles in them definitely needs to be a feature in this game.

Arguably, they didn't promise that per se. They said they had achieved it and things can change during development.

But there's "we had to reduce the scope so that most hardware can handle it" and then there's "we just scrapped everything and gave you the most basic of system"

What?

Either you're trolling or you haven't done that many side quests.

I've stopped counting the amount of "go to X kill Y" "Go to K pick up F" and "Go to H, <neutralize D> and dump him in a car".

The high quality side quests are not the norm. They're an exception.

chippin in
I Don’t Wanna Hear It
happy together
dream on
beat on the brat
second conflict

all side quests.
on top of an open world.
on top of a main quest.
on top of extra, shorter side quests.
on top of cyberpsychos.

You straight up lied.
We wanted a polished game. All we got was a Polish game...

Top Bottom