[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate censorship so much...

What really upsets me is the fact they ninja censored the game with no explanation... The interview done where they are asked about censorship just echo's in my head... CDPR said with a straight face no fears they would never censor the game...

Been a CDPR fan since 2008 but...

I starting to think CDPR might not be what we was lead to believe. Transparent riiight. leave greed to others riiight. they have a lot to do to make up that trust. Just me.

Getting BioWare nightmares all over again...

You have to allow yourself to be somewhat open to the idea that the old "We leave greed to others" CDPR isn't the one you have in 2020.

I really hate censorship so much...

What really upsets me is the fact they ninja censored the game with no explanation... The interview done where they are asked about censorship just echo's in my head... CDPR said with a straight face no fears they would never censor the game...

Been a CDPR fan since 2008 but...

I starting to think CDPR might not be what we was lead to believe. Transparent riiight. leave greed to others riiight. they have a lot to do to make up that trust. Just me.

Getting BioWare nightmares all over again...

Yeah. Nudity was supposed to be a core feature, and they advertised it heavily. But for some reason, they sneakily patched it out. A bit of a shame, but what can you do? It's not like they're going to uncensor it. I'm just waiting for the modding community to do its thing.

I was pretty miffed when I went into the sex shop and anything I would have "wanted to buy" was listed as "Junk".

So yea, that point I put into auto deconstructing junk.. regrets!

So I guess beating some back alley punk to death with a sex toy is out too.. /sadness ..

Yeah. Nudity was supposed to be a core feature, and they advertised it heavily. But for some reason, they sneakily patched it out. A bit of a shame, but what can you do? It's not like they're going to uncensor it. I'm just waiting for the modding community to do its thing.

The problem is, it should never be up to the modding community to deliver on what was promised from the developer..

In the end we might have to rely on the modders, but I'm going to let CDPR know they dropped the ball. Plus if I have to rely on modders to do what is promised.... I will never trust CDPR again.

CDPR do what is right, and let the nudity toggle do it's job. Give back what you promised. That is if you truly want to earn that trust back..

I'm ok with CDPR censoring the game.
But literally just now, my friend sent me a screenshot, when he walked into some bar, with strippers.
And one of them was dancing in FUR COAT, or something similar. Now that's just stupid af.
Can strippers AT LEAST wear a bikini?

There shouldn't be forced censorship when there is a toggle for it, plus lore wise, the world is supposed to be highly sexualized. Its almost like upper management forced this decision, not thinking about the immersion or the game's lore.

They are all wearing pasties or a fur coat it seems. The fur coat I do think fits lore because of Neokitsch style. But all of them with pasties? In a over sexualized world? Plus this is M rated game. Why pick and choose for this censorship is beyond me. There is no pasties for the joytoy or Panam for an example.

I'm ok with CDPR censoring the game.
But literally just now, my friend sent me a screenshot, when he walked into some bar, with strippers.
And one of them was dancing in FUR COAT, or something similar. Now that's just stupid af.
Can strippers AT LEAST wear a bikini?

Censorship is never okay, and a stripper who is not naked is not a stripper. And this whole thing makes the nudity toggle pointless.

CDPR have the right to do whatever they want with their product, I personally haven't played the game's early versions so I don't know if the underwear was there or not, but regardless of that, from a legal standpoint, as long as the character creation and the inventory screen, feature the MC completely nude, there is no grounds for false advertisement, and that is what people don't seem to understand.
It was in the game before release. You can search up early PC gameplay before 1.03 and find it.

CDPR..THE PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING..uncensor this game for all systems and fix your BS LIES..we were all told that we had the choice..the power to turn on or off the nudity and then you stole that from us and now we are pissed off and won't stand for this crap..I for one will never buy a game from your company ever again and I'm sure many others feel the same..you have let us all down with this censored empty buggy mess you created..fix it or lose all your fans and go broke.(n)

Seems like this game is trying really hard to become PEGI 13 rating

Cyberpunk as a genre is full of mature themes. Drug use, BD's, sex, and losing one's self in the dystopia is all expressed in how hard and fast people live. Life fast, die hard.

It's not just immersive breaking, but failing to do justice to the lore, storytelling, world building and elements of cyberpunk to walk into a strip club or BD den where patron's are actively paying for sex and nudity is not at all taboo, yet all the bodies have nipples covered with tape or pasties.

Only female nipples though. As always, male nipples are exposed because they are not seen as sexual objects.

I've been role playing Cyberpunk table top RPG's for over 25 years, and even from Cyberpunk 2020 back in the day, it has always had a mature theme that goes beyond just guns and combat.

One of the side missions involves dispatching violent justice on the people involved in making snuff BD's. That's some very dark, mature content and speaks volumes about what the world of Cyberpunk is.

In the end, censoring of the NPC's clothing, outfits, and downplaying the overt sexuality of places like BD dens, stip clubs, etc. is as immersive breaking as not having any place for vehicles to park, or public restrooms. Is a small detail, but one that clearly targets the game towards younger audiences rather than maintaining a mature and adult theme.

Censorship is a dis-service.

It's a dis-service to the genre as well as the creators of the Cyberpunk world that this game is based on.

Cyberpunk as a genre is full of mature themes. Drug use, BD's, sex, and losing one's self in the dystopia is all expressed in how hard and fast people live. Life fast, die hard.

It's not just immersive breaking, but failing to do justice to the lore, storytelling, world building and elements of cyberpunk to walk into a strip club or BD den where patron's are actively paying for sex and nudity is not at all taboo, yet all the bodies have nipples covered with tape or pasties.

Only female nipples though. As always, male nipples are exposed because they are not seen as sexual objects.

I've been role playing Cyberpunk table top RPG's for over 25 years, and even from Cyberpunk 2020 back in the day, it has always had a mature theme that goes beyond just guns and combat.

One of the side missions involves dispatching violent justice on the people involved in making snuff BD's. That's some very dark, mature content and speaks volumes about what the world of Cyberpunk is.

In the end, censoring of the NPC's clothing, outfits, and downplaying the overt sexuality of places like BD dens, stip clubs, etc. is as immersive breaking as not having any place for vehicles to park, or public restrooms. Is a small detail, but one that clearly targets the game towards younger audiences rather than maintaining a mature and adult theme.

Censorship is a dis-service.

It's a dis-service to the genre as well as the creators of the Cyberpunk world that this game is based on.
Nothing mods can't fix.
Also this game sold huge in china, so if they didn't shipped a complete different version of the game, they are bound to make changes across all versions.

Am I the only one who will never understand why humanity in XXI is censoring sex, nudity and love scenes while totally accept and welcome violent murders, fountains of blood and heavy drugs all around? What is wrong with people?? How do we come to the point where a naked human body is something not allowed even for 18+ adults while killing people around is, instead, totally fine?

Am I the only one who will never understand why humanity in XXI is censoring sex, nudity and love scenes while totally accept and welcome violent murders, fountains of blood and heavy drugs all around? What is wrong with people?? How do we come to the point where a naked human body is something not allowed even for 18+ adults while killing people around is, instead, totally fine?

No, you are not the only one. In fact, i'd say you represent the majority viewpoint. The problem is the majority doesn't make decisions on censorship, or anything really. Corpos do.

The world of Cyberpunk is supposed to be dark, gritty and dirty and sex is supposed to be a currency pretty much.
So far I agree with the other people in this thread, the game sure feels heavily censored, because CDPR bent the knee to the woke crowd and their plights. I understand their desire to make Cyberpunk "Inclusive" to the minority but that's actually in a sense making it exclusive for the majority. It's supposed to be a mature game.
Why not just have a prompt at the start of the game if you want nudity, profanity and all the cool stuff on or off?
That way the offended crowd can play CP2077 "Safe and secure" for their sensitive snowflake feelings and let all the rest of us have a way more immersive experience as we hoped. Something I really miss are the interactive ads, wish they come back. Don't get me wrong, the game is AWESOME, best thing I've played in ages. However I'm still finding it a bit too bland in some aspects and it feels exactly that, the knee has been bent do appease the SJW crowd who won't even enjoy Cyberpunk, they just want something to be offended by, it's how these people work :-\
Hope it gets an actual "Fix" for all of us who actually want this gritty, nitty and dirty dystopian world. Somehow Night City doesn't feel THAT dystopian, exploitative and so on. I also feel it was like that at some point but then the censorship hammer came. :-\
BTW Favorite character so far: GREG THE PROPHET :D

Do you know who's responsible for the censorship, the entity that wants you to live in a safe and boring world so your feeling are not offended by accident.... THE TECH NECROMANCERS FROM ALPHA CENTUARI <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom