Will past Journeys return?

+
I'm guessing not but has it ever been definitevely said that they won't make a return at any point?
Specifically what I'm wondering is this - I bought the Ciri Extended Journey but then due to unforseen circumstances I didn't have time to play it for most of the event.
Will I ever get to continue with whatever progress I made into it or is that done and dusted now?

Well... doing that would prevent them from telling a new story through new characters, right? - That would not be so good.

At some point the past ones will return, they will not leave the new players without the opportunity to obtain Ciri or Geralt. :beer:

I guess previous Journeys will come back in parallel with a new Journey and the person could choose which one to progress on. (I would have preferred to continue progressing the Ciri´s one instead of Alzur for example).
At least I imagine it would be the healthiest way to re-implement them.

I think a good indicator that they will return is that the Contracts for a lot of them are still there.

There's always going to be a market to sell Journey passes to new players, so if I was CDPR, I'd have all the Journeys available for purchase all the time.

Get rid of the 13 week completion restriction (a deterrent to casual players), only allow players to have one Journey active at a time, and set up a system that allows you to switch between them at will if you've purchased more than one.

My guess is that the more likely outcome is just a bundled package of cosmetics after a year, similar to how the seasonal cosmetics are treated. Sadly, half of the contracts would probably be closed to people who purchased them that way and the chances they will update them in a prompt manner seem pretty slim, judging from how dead the Arena contacts are at the moment.

Top Bottom