Where are all the sexy outfits?

+
A game that supports MODs will just last for years, take a look on the fallout series or gta.
It just makes a game like you always wanted it to be. Example Fallout4 -> i have 120 mods running, its like a new game and it just 100% fits my idea of how i want to play this game (its darker, harder, more reaslistic, with weather and and and and.)
Why shouldnt mods make CP2077 also awesome for many, many years too?
Two reasons... and they are always the same reasons, no matter the game:
1) A finished, retail game should be able to stand on it's own without the "help" of unpaid labor...
2) Modding is almost always messy, only really doable on consoles and requires more than basic IT knowledge.

Bottom line: The possibility to mod a game is never an argument for or against it... not even Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Besides: RED engine is notoriously hard to mod in any meaningful capacity, and I doubt CDPR will release the proper tools this time around...

the jist of it... Blizzard has ripped off a lot.. A LOT of good ideas from other MMO's.. this keeps the content.. somewhat fresh and allow them to collect the same-amount montly fee for the last 16 years (although.. this new group of devs over there.. /rolleyes)..

there was no reason for this game, which is oddly similar to GTA, Saints Row, and Watchdogs... (i think you get the idea), could have taken the best of those worlds so to speak, and add the ideas to CP77.

this all hauntingly reminds me of No Man's Sky.. who released a game that was nothing like the trailers, hype and other media blitz claimed it to be.. it took a numerous amount of complaints and refunds before they started to implement what they actually promised... years later.

Again.. i think this game was released sooner than the devs were ready for (or thought they were) and since the only "blue note" on here is a moderator warning someone and not actually addressing the problems people are bringing up, they (all staff) have no excuses for what has been done..

I'm QA (Not for Cyberpunk. I have nothing to do with CDPR). It's pretty much the same thing that happens everywhere.

Devs will work on a game, investors will get impatient/annoyed and want the game released before it's ready, and/or higher ups get an inflated ego, promise and/or expect too much and then get in trouble when the investors start getting impatient.

Hell in a meeting I had one one of the projects I was on we were told our release date was being pushed back because we didn't want to compete with Cyberpunk, and it gave us more time to work on things that needed more time. Cyberpunk's disaster is a blessing for a lot of other projects.
Post automatically merged:

A game that supports MODs will just last for years, take a look on the fallout series or gta.
It just makes a game like you always wanted it to be. Example Fallout4 -> i have 120 mods running, its like a new game and it just 100% fits my idea of how i want to play this game (its darker, harder, more reaslistic, with weather and and and and.)

Skyrim is still talked about 9 years later solely BECAUSE of the mods. The game is built around being moddable. It's as easy as dropping files in a folder to override the load order. Made even easier with the dev tools actually being released to the public.

Cyberpunk may have mods, but it won't be on the same level as Skyrim or Fallout. Cyberpunk wasn't designed that way. It's not as easy as dropping files in a Data folder with the proper file path.
Post automatically merged:

2) Modding is almost always messy, only really doable on PC and requires more than basic IT knowledge.

Fixed

Last edited:
Thanks... half of my statement was right, though, modding the RED engine is not as easy as modding the cration engine... not by a longshot.

Creation engine seems to have been built with modding in mind. Or it's a feature of development workflow on it that just happens to make modding super super easy.

You can already probably make simple mods. There are programs out there that just inject textures into the game, so finding the textures in the game, editing them and using the program that already exists shouldn't be too much of a deal. So it's not completely impossible that we have clothes with custom logos or just completely invisible textures. It's just not that impressive, and it's not the Skyrim style mods that fix and change everything to whatever you can imagine.

My fallout 4 has just under 500 mods, where Skyrim is over 630 lol. I understand fully and agree 100%.
I think I put in about 600 hours in Skyrim LE, and am pushing that same number in Skyrim SE. Fallout 4 is somewhere near 1,000.

Things I really want to see in CP are some of the things that Saints Row and GTA really did well. Rather than a mini-map when driving for example, having a HUD display similar to GTA, Batman 4, etc. on the screen would be a more immersive way to navigate the city in a car without having to take your eyes off the road.

I've got less than 100 hours in game right now, but am enjoying the combat, hacking, and elements of this game that are unique. Hoping it goes down the same road as the Witcher and gets polished.

Once NPC's have their mouths move when you talk to them, NPC's stop acting like Skyrim early days where they stand on the same idle markers, etc. it will be far better.

But honestly, it needs to go beyond just fixing bugs if there is to be re-play value into the hundreds of hours. Otherwise, I may do a single completionist style run with one character and have no real reason to replay other than to see a slight variation of a single level.

Example: When you go to get the Flathead from the Maelstrom gang, there are 4-5 ways the scenario can play out, most of which involve fighting at some point. Whether you kill the gang leader, rescue the old one, side with Dum-Dum, betray them to corp sec and have a one night stand and get a unique blunt weapon, all depends on choices you make. Like NOT blowing dudes head off means you fight him (or sneak past him) at the end of the level.

As diverse as that one level is, however, the overall impact is the same. So replaying the entire game just to have made a deal with Dum-Dum, vs. killing him and everyone else. That diversity IS amazing, don't get me wrong, but this early into the game's release, I am having to play the game by forcing my choice of roleplaying akin to how forced roleplaying is in Fallout 4 vs. FO3 or New Vegas. Choices may alter the outcome of combat in a level, but they don't impact things much deeper than that.

I'm also forcing myself to wear cool looking clothing, rather than stats and looking like a clown. That carries with it added difficulty, which then snowballs into needing to use more stealth, hacking, quick hacks on enemies, etc. All Elements I welcome as gameplay, but there are only so many times I can play a stealth archer in Skyrim before it gets old. Same applies here.

Myself, despite my gripes about censorship, I'll be playing this game for the next year. If by the end of the year it is much the same game as it is now, the only thing that can bring me back to it will be mods.

Creation engine seems to have been built with modding in mind. Or it's a feature of development workflow on it that just happens to make modding super super easy.

You can already probably make simple mods. There are programs out there that just inject textures into the game, so finding the textures in the game, editing them and using the program that already exists shouldn't be too much of a deal. So it's not completely impossible that we have clothes with custom logos or just completely invisible textures. It's just not that impressive, and it's not the Skyrim style mods that fix and change everything to whatever you can imagine.
True... I'm not saying there can't be impactful mods for the engine, there are quite few for TW3 that change many aspects of the game from AI, combat, and itemization to alchemy and crafting,... but they aren't as easily used as creation engine mods, especially once you start combining multiple, script heavy mods... and, in the end, I don't think that relatively simple stuff like that will be enough to make this game work as intended.

I'll drop that here... just for reference. ;)

3a9ef4de7fc2e23882b24101475ef86d.jpg

684ac6a77580d8469f5f3921be51da72.jpg

b581e73c69e9b5b6f2aab734b3f20b0b.jpg

ddf82777984195b990569b3fb461cae8.jpg
kuo-cyberpunk-girl-3y-640x1136.jpg

Right? And none of those are really THAT far out... especially considering what could be done with cosmetic cyberware, like bladed legs and stuff.

Wouldn't see any problem why those guys with the skills in CD red shouldn't have the ability to generate such npcs and art designer make such clothes... *hust and legs hust*

There are many good points made here,like changing your hair or adding some more chrome i just hope that this might be added later on in the game with new shops ^_^. But still it would be very secondary in my regard because you don't see yourself that often ( and I DID the whole game prioritising outfit over armor ^_^

Sexiest shirt so far considering...well...it's not really there but is?!

View attachment 11105705
those "invisible" tops are bugged. was excited to find a hat and purple quality inner wear at high level but noticed If you check your armor stats they don't change when the shirt is put on or taken off. so not wearing armor in that slot has same result...at least in my game. will have to check if an armadillo mod in that item has effect added or not though.

Edit: Can confirm Mod slots in those bugged invisible tops also carry zero weight. Meaning even Armadillo mod doesn't provide any armor from that item. So it's literally the same as not wearing anything in that slot.

Last edited:
Researching my next lifepath (female netrunner) is so frustrating, since the simplest things (dress or long skirt) aren't even possible.

I have not figured out how the character is rigged yet, but there are some worrying symptoms like the body resetting to the default size with worn armor.

Usually you would rig your mesh to your armature. the mesh can have shape keys/target morphs (i.e boob sizes/whatever). So when you have a fully rigged (and weighted) mesh, it means that no matter what clothing/armor you put on your character it will fit your character.

On one hand it seems like this game is doing exactly that (seeing the big/fat characters with fitting clothing),
but on the other hand the resetting of body shape and complete lack of wearable outfits and armor makes me worried that the programming and modeling arent up to date.

In general, thats how I feel about so many things in this game. The art direction and style seems SO amazing, but most other aspects of this game seems very VERY outdated. I worry they spent all their dev juice on art direction and eye candy.
Then on top of that, looking into the AI and other systems in the game, and seeing how basic and "old gen" their technology are just contributes to my fear of this game being a eye candy graphics "tech demo".

Again, I could be completely wrong as I dont really know how all of this is handled in their game engine, and programmed.
What I worry is that all this info from developers talking about how the games expectations was too high and overhyped, saying they were never able to actually deliever what was promised, is signs of a somewhat incompetent team that just honestly are not capable to deliver any modern, and even less groundbreaking, features. And that would be why this game ends up being nothing more than a looter shooter set in a amazingly beautiful backdrop.

That being said, if it turns out that the models are rigged in a sensible way, it would mean that you should be able to wear anything in the game, and worst case scenario - modders will take care of it. Sadly its the state of many newly released games (msfs2020 comes to mind), where the whole "modders will fix it" seems to be the only solution.

In general, thats how I feel about so many things in this game. The art direction and style seems SO amazing, but most other aspects of this game seems very VERY outdated. I worry they spent all their dev juice on art direction and eye candy.
Then on top of that, looking into the AI and other systems in the game, and seeing how basic and "old gen" their technology are just contributes to my fear of this game being a eye candy graphics "tech demo".
With a nice helping of NVIDIA PR money, no doubt... I get the same feeling, with what limited knowledge I have of modeling and programming.

Top Bottom