Refunds being misused

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually yes it is.

You were marketed and sold on the pretense you were getting Grade A wagyu beef with mashed potatoes laced with flakes of gold made with potatoes that were grown high in the Himalayas by Monks that watered the plants with their own sweat served to you on a plate of solid gold by naked angles (Actual angels. Not Angel from the game)

What you actually got was discount supermarket imitation beef with mashed potatoes made from boxed mash potato flakes topped with a can of creamed corn from the dollar store served to you on a plastic prison tray by a fat chain smoking lunch lady named Patty. Oh and you may or may not get an old Playboy magazine with all the naked parts scribbled or cut out.

Enjoy!

Quote the law from your country which enshrines "censorship" as a means to a refund. I'll wait.

Do I need to join the anti CDPR, Cyberpunk hate train to justify your dislike or you looking for affirmation? You have neither as my freewill is not on the menu and the anti hate train never stopped at my station.

Great game, thoroughly enjoying. CDPR did a great job with Pondsmith's world. Damn annoying when freewill gets in the way and you have no say isn't it.

Last edited:
It's far more than just the glitched clothing in the menu though. They added the boxer shorts POST release, then claim it was a bug fix and intended. Same goes for the strippers, BD peformers and other NPC's that were either fully nude or topless in bars and clubs. Part of the mature/adult selling point of the game content was that they would not shy away from nudity in places like a strip club. In less than a week after release, they then censored the NPC nudity.

The day one release of the game in China, for example, had boxer shorts on the male in the tub during the first job, so you didn't see genitals. In the US version of the game, he was naked. Same thing for the exotic dancers and sex workers, several were topless in the US version of the game, while in China they had tape covering nipples. The pole dancer in the small club covered in glowing while lights on her cyberlegs and arms, for example, was topless.

NPC's would comment if you were naked, similar to how NPC's in Skyrim comment.

So with the first and second patch, comments from NPC's, as well as NPC nudity was nuked in the US release of the game, making it identical to the censored version of the Chinese version (and other countries which ban even partial nudity).

Much of the dialogue gets shifted back to the first person perspective, which deflects from the other content which has been removed and blocked. First person issues have been discussed, resolved, and officially addressed as being released as intended.

What is frustrating for others is that there was very clearly content (like NPC comments) which was created, written, scripted and put into the game which was then cut within days of the games release. That's not an instance where it is "working as intended". Someone literally recorded voice actors commenting about the player being naked, then scripted it into the game. So THAT is the intent of the game. Removing it post launch day is censoring the game.

Same for the pasties and nipple tape. Someone rendered and created nude models of bodies, then scripted item lists and clothing distribution to make certain NPC's nude or partial nude. They even took the time to make sure the game version released in the US displayed this nudity, while the game in China did not. So changing that post-release is not making it work as intended, it was intentional censorship.

I'm in love with the game, but let's be real. A tremendous amount of intended and promised content never made it to the final product. Whether it's the toilet flushing water looking like pre-1990 graphics, to the lack of water splashes or the AI which governs how NPC and vehicles behave in the world space.

With all the bug fixes needed, there is surely a roadmap of things to address by the dev team. This means that someone, somewhere, added to the road map things like "fix it so Jackie pulls a the relic shard out of his head, rather than his pistol". That's a legit bug to be fixed.

But even during all the technical needs, that also means that someone, somewhere added to the road map "Fix it so no NPC nipples are visible in the US copy of the game anymore. Also remove NPC's from commenting if the player is not wearing clothing". That's not a legit bug. That is removing and censoring content
Post automatically merged:

The holographic clothes are pretty cool. The fashion in the game is clearly getting worked on. Some items in inventory you can see text from the game engine which is failing to look up certain references. Usually with text saying "Requires INT [##] like text, indicating the clothing is supposed to be assigned a value based on your Intelligence.

So clearly some clothing items need to be patched and fixed and when done, it means more will show up in game being worn by NPC's.

But censoring of the US version of the game is a very real thing that happened and was not listed as part of any bug fix summary. Nipples that were bare on day one now have nipple tape and pasties, and men who were naked from the waist down now have boxer shorts on.

It is a weird situation, because if you walk into a location where gang members are harvesting organs and cyberware, you'll see a mauled body of a female with guts splattered around and no nipple covers. But when you go into a strip club or BD den, the sex workers have their nipples all taped up. There's a disconnect with world logic and immersion with things like that

Outstanding summarize thank you.

Quote the law from your country which enshrines "censorship" as a means to a refund. I'll wait.

the crucial fact here is that they did it quietly and after the release.
for me this is a deception of the customer because they always said nudity is an important part of the game.(false advertising caused by censorship)
Just look at the gameplay trailer from a month ago, the guy jumps into the water naked, and now he's wearing underpants and now they want to tell us that it was planned that way?
that everyone wears the same underwear? Quite NC, no possibility to adapt the color or to wear different versions? yes that is 100% believable (attention irony)
if they don't want to tell us the reason ok i can live with that but they shouldn't fool us.

back to the topic

if the game is unplayable and the developer makes no effort to fix the errors, then the time in the game should be irrelevant and a refund should also be possible with a long playing time.
but if you play the game to the end and then ask for a refund, that's.......

I already explained that I had almost no problems playing 2077 through to a 100% completion save file.
I expected a video game and that's what I played.
I didn't expect a magic software that simulates real life because that's impossible.

Except that your 100% save file isn't really 100% because of the content they promised and removed before or after release.

It's like if you get 75% of your paycheck because your boss promised to pay you, but then removed a bunch of your hours. Your buddy says it's fine because he was paid 100% of what he could see (you're basically this guy).
Wouldn't you be pissed that 25% of what you were promised was removed?

Do I need to join the anti CDPR, Cyberpunk hate train to justify your dislike or you looking for affirmation? You have neither as my freewill is not on the menu and the anti hate train never stopped at my station.

Great game, thoroughly enjoying. CDPR did a great job with Pondsmith's world. Damn annoying when freewill gets in the way and you have no say isn't it.

They sold the game one way, and then changed it to be another way.

It's like when they market a game as being Microtransaction free or having no loot boxes, and then wait for the game to be out a month to add them in. *cough* Like Ubisoft *cough cough*

They sold game A and then turned it into game B. I never agreed to buying Game B. I haven't refunded (yet) because I have hope they'll change it back to Game A and even give us Game A+, but that hope is quickly diminishing.

Last edited:
I cancelled my GOG refund. CDPR been dragged through the mud enough. Yes they deserved it, but I am just going to wait till the game is completed before playing it. (hopefully by this time next year) Hoping I will one day be able to ride the train, use the BD's I bought, and be able to drive without being distracted by billboards and crosswalks textures popping in. Those disappearing cars... ugh I can't stand it. The terrible ai and cop system... don't even get me started. I feel like I am playing a really bad console to PC port. What a year.

They sold the game one way, and then changed it to be another way.

It's like when they market a game as being Microtransaction free or having no loot boxes, and then wait for the game to be out a month to add them in. *cough* Like Ubisoft *cough cough*

They sold game A and then turned it into game B. I never agreed to buying Game B. I haven't refunded (yet) because I have hope they'll change it back to Game A and even give us Game A+, but that hope is quickly diminishing.

Quote the law as you were positive "censorship" was a reason to refund.

As for games changing they do via patches, dlc, expansions etc. If developers adds in microtransactions or lootboxes are you forced to buy them? NO. If microtransactions or lootboxes stop progression, uninstall, move on. Lets look at Fifa FUT packs, players buy them, EA makes 1 billion? are year from them, if player stop buying them EA has to change the business model, but the cycle continues.

I personally do not care what Cyberpunk or any other game are meant to be as I never follow the hype, I judge games based upon my experience of them and whether I am immersed in them. Cyberpunk ticks all the boxes and that is all that is relevant to me as the person playing the game.

Last edited:
Quote the law as you were positive "censorship" was a reason to refund.

As for games changing they do via patches, dlc, expansions etc. If developers adds in microtransactions or lootboxes are you forced to buy them? NO. If microtransactions or lootboxes stop progression, uninstall, move on. Lets look at Fifa FUT packs, players buy them, EA makes 1 billion? are year from them, if player stop buying them EA has to change the business model, but the cycle continues.

I personally do not care what Cyberpunk or any other game are meant to be as I never follow the hype, I judge games based upon my experience of them and whether I am immersed in them. Cyberpunk ticks all the boxes and that is all that is relevant to me as the person playing the game.

Ok. A house to sell you. What you don't know though is a month after you move in and can't move out anymore, I'm going to change all the locks to electronic locks with one time use codes to open the door. Every time you want to open a door, you have to buy a one time code and pay me 5$. Don't like it? Just move out right, but I'm not giving your money back.

Fifa makes EA 1 billion a year because people are like you and don't care about paying and are part of the problem. How much month would EA make if Fifa didn't have lootboxes? How many people want to play the game, but avoid it because of the lootboxes?

Which is one of the problems with your argument. People that buy Fifa know before buying it that it will have lootboxes. They can make informed decisions. When companies like Ubisoft add stuff like XP boosters a month after the game's release, it changes the game in a way that people didn't want and didn't pay for. Did they change the leveling to encourage people to buy the XP boosts? They'll never tell you that they did, but one would easily believe that they did.

When CDPR removed content from the game after release, they removed content you and I paid for. The game is already missing a ton of things they said it would have. Removing stuff after release just lowers the value of what I bought.

If I sell you 6 bananas for 6$, and then only give you 5. You are paying the same and getting less value in return. If after you get home I come in and take one of the bananas and then tell you "Oh no it's intended. You were only supposed to have 4 bananas because I said so." You get even less value, but still paid the same.

You seem to be fine paying 6$ and only getting 5 and then getting 1 taken away. Enjoy your 4 bananas I guess. I paid for 6, and want the 6 bananas I paid for.

And "as for games changing they do via patches, dlc, expansions etc" they usually ADD not take away. At most they replace one thing for something of equal or greater value.

If you paid 6$ for 6 bananas and I gave you 7, I doubt you or anyone would complain. If you paid 6$ for 6 bananas, I gave you 6 and then later came to your house and took 1 but replaced it with two new fresher ones, I doubt you or anyone would complain either.

Ok. A house to sell you. What you don't know though is a month after you move in and can't move out anymore, I'm going to change all the locks to electronic locks with one time use codes to open the door. Every time you want to open a door, you have to buy a one time code and pay me 5$. Don't like it? Just move out right, but I'm not giving your money back.

Fifa makes EA 1 billion a year because people are like you and don't care about paying and are part of the problem. How much month would EA make if Fifa didn't have lootboxes? How many people want to play the game, but avoid it because of the lootboxes?

Which is one of the problems with your argument. People that buy Fifa know before buying it that it will have lootboxes. They can make informed decisions. When companies like Ubisoft add stuff like XP boosters a month after the game's release, it changes the game in a way that people didn't want and didn't pay for. Did they change the leveling to encourage people to buy the XP boosts? They'll never tell you that they did, but one would easily believe that they did.

When CDPR removed content from the game after release, they removed content you and I paid for. The game is already missing a ton of things they said it would have. Removing stuff after release just lowers the value of what I bought.

If I sell you 6 bananas for 6$, and then only give you 5. You are paying the same and getting less value in return. If after you get home I come in and take one of the bananas and then tell you "Oh no it's intended. You were only supposed to have 4 bananas because I said so." You get even less value, but still paid the same.

You seem to be fine paying 6$ and only getting 5 and then getting 1 taken away. Enjoy your 4 bananas I guess. I paid for 6, and want the 6 bananas I paid for.

And "as for games changing they do via patches, dlc, expansions etc" they usually ADD not take away. At most they replace one thing for something of equal or greater value.

If you paid 6$ for 6 bananas and I gave you 7, I doubt you or anyone would complain. If you paid 6$ for 6 bananas, I gave you 6 and then later came to your house and took 1 but replaced it with two new fresher ones, I doubt you or anyone would complain either.

Quote the law........

I am not here to affirm your personal dislikes of Cyberpunk or what you desire from it or what it should include.

I am enjoying the game and it is in my opinion value for money, more importantly you did not pay for my copy and have no say in my opinion.

Last edited:
Quote the law........

I am not here to affirm your personal dislikes of Cyberpunk or what you desire from it or what it should include.

I am enjoying the game and it is in my opinion value for money, more importantly you did not pay for my copy and have no say in my opinion.

They sold 6 bananas for 6$, only gave us 3. I want the 6 bananas we were promised, the 6 bananas they talked about right up until release when they gave us 3, and then took one back after the fact. I don't even know why you're arguing. You seem content with the 2 bananas you got. Good for you, but wanting the 6 that we paid for also means you get 6. You're happy being ripped off with your 2 bananas, but imagine if you had all 6!

I also paid for my copy, and me getting the value we were promised automatically means you also get more value for your purchase as well, so I don't get what you're arguing for.

I don't have to quote any law. I didn't say anything about a law, but they are getting sued so they must have broken some law huh.
15 U.S. Code § 52 - Dissemination of false advertisements
(a)UnlawfulnessIt shall be unlawful for any person, partnership, or corporation to disseminate, or cause to be disseminated, any false advertisement
(1)
By United States mails, or in or having an effect upon commerce, by any means, for the purpose of inducing, or which is likely to induce, directly or indirectly the purchase of food, drugs, devices, services, or cosmetics; or
(2)
By any means, for the purpose of inducing, or which is likely to induce, directly or indirectly, the purchase in or having an effect upon commerce, of food, drugs, devices, services, or cosmetics.
(b)Unfair or deceptive act or practice
The dissemination or the causing to be disseminated of any false advertisement within the provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall be an unfair or deceptive act or practice in or affecting commerce within the meaning of section 45 of this title.
(Sept. 26, 1914, ch. 311, § 12, as added Mar. 21, 1938, ch. 49, § 4, 52 Stat. 114; amended Pub. L. 93–637, title II, § 201(c), Jan. 4, 1975, 88 Stat. 2193; Pub. L. 103–297, § 8, Aug. 16, 1994, 108 Stat. 1550.)
False Advertisement
(1) The term “false advertisement” means an advertisement, other than labeling, which is misleading in a material respect; and in determining whether any advertisement is misleading, there shall be taken into account (among other things) not only representations made or suggested by statement, word, design, device, sound, or any combination thereof, but also the extent to which the advertisement fails to reveal facts material in the light of such representations or material with respect to consequences which may result from the use of the commodity to which the advertisement relates under the conditions prescribed in said advertisement, or under such conditions as are customary or usual. No advertisement of a drug shall be deemed to be false if it is disseminated only to members of the medical profession, contains no false representation of a material fact, and includes, or is accompanied in each instance by truthful disclosure of, the formula showing quantitatively each ingredient of such drug.

I'm no lawyer, but seems pretty spot on. Up until release of the game they talked about things that have proven to be false and were/are not in the final product.

• AI with thousands of hand crafted routines.
  • Weather systems.
  • Night/Day cycle
  • Branching storyline that matters.
  • Sex and Nudity (Sex is nowhere near as important as they talked about it and whatever nudity existed was removed post launch)
  • Deep character creation and customization.
  • Lets not forget how it runs "surprisingly well" on base consoles.
I could probably go on, but there's already whole threads on all the things that were promised but not delivered.

You keep on being happy with your 3 bananas though. I don't know why you're fighting against people that want to get you the 6 you were promised.

Are we still on topic here? Cause I feel like the thread is just random now, which will make it closed soon.

They sold 6 bananas for 6$, only gave us 3. I want the 6 bananas we were promised, the 6 bananas they talked about right up until release when they gave us 3, and then took one back after the fact. I don't even know why you're arguing. You seem content with the 2 bananas you got. Good for you, but wanting the 6 that we paid for also means you get 6. You're happy being ripped off with your 2 bananas, but imagine if you had all 6!

I also paid for my copy, and me getting the value we were promised automatically means you also get more value for your purchase as well, so I don't get what you're arguing for.

I don't have to quote any law. I didn't say anything about a law, but they are getting sued so they must have broken some law huh.
15 U.S. Code § 52 - Dissemination of false advertisements

False Advertisement

I'm no lawyer, but seems pretty spot on. Up until release of the game they talked about things that have proven to be false and were/are not in the final product.

• AI with thousands of hand crafted routines.
  • Weather systems.
  • Night/Day cycle
  • Branching storyline that matters.
  • Sex and Nudity (Sex is nowhere near as important as they talked about it and whatever nudity existed was removed post launch)
  • Deep character creation and customization.
  • Lets not forget how it runs "surprisingly well" on base consoles.
I could probably go on, but there's already whole threads on all the things that were promised but not delivered.

You keep on being happy with your 3 bananas though. I don't know why you're fighting against people that want to get you the 6 you were promised.

This thread is about refunds and all I am asking is for you to prove "censorship" is a valid reason for a refund when no law actually exists. You stated "censorship" was a valid reason for refunds but now switch the point of view to false advertising. Consumer law dictates what those valid reasons are - look them up.

Secondly what is value for myself and anyone else is not for you to decide. For games I value them based on hours played versus cost. I have played Cyberpunk for nearly 100 hours making the cost 50p per hour.

I bought MY copy so please explain how YOU have any input at all in my choices when you have none. I choose NOT to refund Cyberpunk because it ticks all the boxes for me, you on the other hand seem to want to convince me I am wrong. I do not care about cut content etc because I NEVER followed the hype I bought a game I wanted to play, simple as that and it is a very good game in my opinion.

Thank you for the conversation but I believe "gregski" is right, time to close the thread as it is going in circles.

Last edited:
Come on now not that hard - you stated "censorship" was a valid reason for refunds but now switch the point of view to false advertising. You were POSITIVE "censorship" was valid so prove it.

the censorship is the reason that the advertisement is wrong. so false advertising caused by "censorship"

but please close it now and get back to the topic

the censorship is the reason that the advertisement is wrong. so false advertising caused by "censorship"

but please close it now and get back to the topic
I am talking about DexLuther's claim regarding "censorship" been a valid reason for refunds which is on topic and not false advertising nor censorship overall. Read what was written - you even quoted it whilst referencing something else entirely.

You can't see someone's boobs but you can beat them to death with a dildo. #10
Like... what censorship? Just took this screenshot on 1.06 lmao...
Contest Entry1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom