The six month montage after the prologue should have been the main bulk of the game. [Opinion!]

+
To be honest, Cyberpunk has for the moment killed my passion for gaming completely. I have Aspergers and my interests are very focused, and I was really set on playing a groundbreaking immersive RPG. Now I know I was very foolish in naively believing every piece of propaganda about this game delivered by CDPR, and I was truly expecting an interactive immersive world to lose myself in.

Once it became clear that this game is really nothing like the expectations we were made to believe, and it truly feels like an "early build" of the game my brain basically shut off. I don't feel I'm the only one with this sentiment either, and I hope CDPR is paying attention and that eventually, they can deliver at least 60% of what was promised.

To be honest, Cyberpunk has for the moment killed my passion for gaming completely. I have Aspergers and my interests are very focused, and I was really set on playing a groundbreaking immersive RPG. Now I know I was very foolish in naively believing every piece of propaganda about this game delivered by CDPR, and I was truly expecting an interactive immersive world to lose myself in.

Once it became clear that this game is really nothing like the expectations we were made to believe, and it truly feels like an "early build" of the game my brain basically shut off. I don't feel I'm the only one with this sentiment either, and I hope CDPR is paying attention and that eventually, they can deliver at least 60% of what was promised.

Maybe wait something like 6 months and then try the game again? I honestly feel like with some improvements and additional content the game can become a great experience. Not sure I want them to add an act(the 6 months with Jacky) or just continue the story, but if they pace the main quests better (I mean they should have time from one point to another to let us enjoy the open world, without feeling as we should be doing something more important), add some features to make the world feeling alive (sitting, maybe eating food etc), touch/improve the AI etc it can(and hopefully will) be done.

Last edited:
Maybe wait something like 6 months and then try the game again? I honestly feel like with some improvements and additional content the game can become a great experience. Not sure I want them to add an act(the 6 months with Jacky) or just continue the story, but if they pace the main quests better (I mean they should have time from one point to another to let us enjoy the open word, without feeling as we should be doing something more important), add some features to make the world feeling alive (sitting, maybe eating food etc), touch/improve the AI etc it can(and hopefully will) be done.
I agree, that is what I'm hoping for. I'm not blind to the steps taken by CDPR in the past to rectify bad decisions made in their games, so I share your sentiment there and hope that it will see a steady improvement over time.

I dont think the Silverhand story really ever changed myself. the intention was always to have this focus on V and Johnny, just it was originally slated as the final act.

I think the montage is all thats left of the main early chunk of the game that never made it into release. All of those fixer gigs and the fact they all act as if your not dying screams to me that they were meant to be done during the first 6 months of game story, where you get into the position to get noticed by Dexter.

As someone else said, it seems really stupid that you are dying with this chip causing you heaps of pain, and yet you go around looking for romance, helping odd-balls out and killing a bunch of gangsters, collecting cars, collecting guns etc. It makes no sense

The more I get to thinking about it the more I would have liked the whole Siverhand biochip angle to be pushed to the tail end of the story with the Heist being the final mission. Remember the E3 cutscene where he reveals himself, how pumped we all were?...

That right there could have been the ending of the story and would have been a beautiful segue to future DLC which would feature Johnny as the focus. To me that would alleviate most of the issues surrounding the story leaving us with way more time with V and crew to establish their characters further because what's here I like but its not enough. That montage is just a copout to bridge the empty shell of a lifepath intro to the Dorsett kidnapping. Honestly Act 1 really is an out-and-out fail for me.

I doubt the story will change much if any at all but who knows what the future holds. I really do hope that CDPR will consider some major story revisions and that any future DLC adds to the story instead of being a band-aid over a bullet hole.​
I agree. I feel like Act 2 and the epilogue would have fit much better as a DLC, the lenght of them is about right too.

Really you would pay for them 6 months??? some of you are mad...... Would you all pay for a working police DLC as well??? Is this where gaming has gone now?? Or am I just getting old...

It wasnt like CDPR even hid the fact they cut it, that 6 months was surely supposed to be the build up to that big emotional moment. Cause, for me at least, I didnt care what happened there was no friendship built up. If had had lived at jackies parents,done a few jobs,worked my way up with him, got drunk with him etc etc then I might have give a shit.

But releasing it as DLC would be a true 2 finger salute to their customers.

Really you would pay for them 6 months??? some of you are mad...... Would you all pay for a working police DLC as well??? Is this where gaming has gone now?? Or am I just getting old...

It wasnt like CDPR even hid the fact they cut it, that 6 months was surely supposed to be the build up to that big emotional moment. Cause, for me at least, I didnt care what happened there was no friendship built up. If had had lived at jackies parents,done a few jobs,worked my way up with him, got drunk with him etc etc then I might have give a shit.

I guess I'm conditioned to expect this kind of behavior.

I was lucky to play as a corpo my first time so I had a history with Jacky.
...as a streetkid it was just weird. Speaking of streetkid lifepath, now that is a lifepath that can (need it even) use expanding. It was a little disappointing honestly.

...but imo if it is actually a good amount of new content...paying for the 6 months interval isn't so unbelievable.

Last edited:
I was lucky to play as a corpo my first time so I had a history with Jacky.
...as a streetkid it was just weird. Speaking of streetkid lifepath, now that is a lifepath that can (need it even) use expanding. It was a little disappointing honestly.
The Nomad intro is by far the weakest of the three. You drive to the radio tower, radio your old clan, meet Jackie, cross the border and them wham 6 months later. WTF is that?​

I was and in a way still the very same. I am just struggling to find interest in anything atm. Don't know if it's just the effect of being at the end of a shitty year after a huge let down by a game that I trusted to save this year.

I was and in a way still the very same. I am just struggling to find interest in anything atm. Don't know if it's just the effect of being at the end of a shitty year after a huge let down by a game that I trusted to save this year.

I think thats part of why the release got people so emotional lol. The desperate hope that at least one good thing will happen this year and that thing should have been Cyberpunk :p

After my second playthrough i agree, the johnny silverhand storyline should be the climax of the story, it should literally be the third act of the game, maybe even the second act, but the first 10-15 hours of the game should be you building the rep required for anyone to think you should be stealing from yorinobu arasaka. Its actually insane when you think about it, that rookie V and Jackie even got the job in the first place. What Fixer worth their salt would give that job to two nobodies like them? There is an arguement to be made that dex chose you for that reason, that he planned on killing you on success or failure of the mission, but even still.

If you had good 10-20 hours of gameplay where you are doing the missions in the montage building a reputation, that story would make more sense and the events that unfolded afterwards would be much more impactful.

And whats great about this suggestion is, they could still do it, they could still add all of this to the game and retain the heart of the silverhand adventure that comes afterwards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom