Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know several firms looking into this,there is grounds for fraud here. Its not just the previous gen consoles but PC dont even have this content. Its all cut. 8 years CDPR painted a lie and misled this community into a dead Night City,and a barebones experience.

Point is what they did is unethical and borderline illegal. Theu worded things JUST right to avoid legal trouble, and they knew what they were doing. Why do people defend this? So if you went to buy a car cus it advertised 30mpg but you get it and it gets 3, you should just accept it. No, and people shouldnt accept this either. Im sick of software companies getting free passes on lying and promising what they dont deliver. In any other industry its false advertisement and its illegal.
What they did was what every other developer/publisher has been doing for 20+ years. Only reason it's now a problem is because it was primarily the consoles affected with a bad launch.

It's pretty clear why RPG was removed from Twitter and replaced with Action-Adventure. This should have been a major red flag. I actually made a post about Twitter changing the RPG label and I did get a response from CDPR saying its a RPG and choices matter. That thread has now mysteriously vanished like a lot of my threads. If anyone can find it it will be great.

Edit: Found it

CDPRpromises6.jpg

Last edited:
This game is NOT a RPG, it has some subtle RPG elements sure but its not a RPG. This is a GTA game set in a cyberpunk setting, and that is fine but its just not what was presented to us.
so it is a rpg or not?

levels
customizations
quest and narrative as in most rpg since The Bard's Tales
dialogue options
skills trees
abilities (aka cyberware)
leveled loot and stats
character with stats that changes with customization and gear
a paper doll which has been used since D&D

What is it?

so it is a rpg or not?

levels
customizations
dialogue options
skills trees
leveled loot and stats

What is it?
An Action/Adventure.. These things you listed are poorly implemented and feel out of place. Stats feel like BS there is really no loot. The skills mostly suck. There is so much wrong with this game.

so it is a rpg or not?

levels
customizations
dialogue options
skills trees
leveled loot and stats

What is it?

An RPG is a rocket powered grenade, Cyberpunk 2077 is clearly a videogame.

An Action/Adventure.. These things you listed are poorly implemented and feel out of place. Stats feel like BS there is really no loot. The skills mostly suck. There is so much wrong with this game.
but those things are in most all rpg, and are also considered the core features of an rpg.

if you want to say that is a bad rpg, I understand and partly agree with you.

usually when people have a "Work in Progress" logo it means the final product will look better and please excuse the rough corners. NEVER have I seen it mean features will be completely dropped like it has in this case.

Just listen to the narrator here:

This game is NOT a RPG, it has some subtle RPG elements sure but its not a RPG. This is a GTA game set in a cyberpunk setting, and that is fine but its just not what was presented to us.
Exactly this:

''When people have a "Work in Progress" logo it means the final product will look better and please excuse the rough corners. NEVER have I seen it mean features will be completely dropped like it has in this case."

Never ever seen a GOOD game developer downgrade the final product from a demo or trailer so heavily in every single aspect. Costumers are right to expect every mentioned feature in the demo implemented and improved from that, early gameplay demos are supposed to be worse than than the final product, not the other way around.

The 2018 Demo has stated multiple times that everything we see is subject to change and may/may not be in the final version of the game. However I don't believe that this excuses some of the blatant lies and unfulfilled promises on the part of CD Project red such as "immersive AI", things like this need to be added to the game. They have also made statements (I believe in June of 2020) stating that they have chosen to remove features which have been seen in the 2018 version. Although they are entirely allowed to remove features I think it's a completely stupid decision to remove features which have already been developed and shown to fans in a gameplay demo such as the ability to have the Flathead as a companion and Wall-running I was very excited to see these features. Even if they don't have to add these features back in, I think it's for their best interest to show us that they listen to their fans.

usually when people have a "Work in Progress" logo it means the final product will look better and please excuse the rough corners.
You have never played a Ubisoft game, don't you? ;)

Actually, the release version looks better than the E3'2018 demo ("better" in terms of graphics quality). If you play it on a good PC, of course. Unlike other games that get simplified graphics to please old consoles.

If you are a console gamer, then I understand your upset. But I don't get all that rage on PC. First, the game was overhyped, now it gets over-blamed, or in other words, now there is a "hype on blaming CP2077".

I admit that the game is prematurely released and some of the features are unfinished (most noticeable - three lifepaths). But I disagree with the fact that the developers failed their promises by changing some gameplay aspects that were a subject of change in the first place.

Notice I didn't mention the wall running in the video, because they admit they removed the feature before release. That's fine. But they removed so much that they hoped people wouldn't find out until after they bought the game.

I don't like the RPG mechanics so I can declare its no longer an RPG.

Does this exact same discussion have to be restated Daily? I've seen this video linked like 3 times already.

Never ever seen a GOOD game developer downgrade the final product from a demo or trailer so heavily in every single aspect. Costumers are right to expect every mentioned feature in the demo implemented and improved from that, early gameplay demos are supposed to be worse than than the final product, not the other way around.

You have never seen a "good" game studio "downgrade" the final product, because game studios don't showcase the gameplay two years out from release. And given reactions by gamers to Cyberpunk, no smart game studio ever will.

Why risk getting shat upon for figuring out wich features work and wich don't? When you can just keep everything close to your vest and never have to deal with this fucking bullshit.

You have never played a Ubisoft game, don't you? ;)

Actually, the release version looks better than the E3'2018 demo ("better" in terms of graphics quality). If you play it on a good PC, of course. Unlike other games that get simplified graphics to please old consoles.

If you are a console gamer, then I understand your upset. But I don't get all that rage on PC. First, the game was overhyped, now it gets over-blamed, or in other words, now there is a "hype on blaming CP2077".

I admit that the game is prematurely released and some of the features are unfinished (most noticeable - three lifepaths). But I disagree with the fact that the developers failed their promises by changing some gameplay aspects that were a subject of change in the first place.
So is that what CDPR has become? Let us compare ir Ubisoft and EA to justify clear consumer unfriendly practices? We should expect nothing but the very best from them.

At the end of the day, nothing changes the fact:

Game shown in demos was good. Looked and felt very different from what was shown, much better really. In the demo the narrator explained all they would improve and implement trough the rest of game's development, clearly. And not once via interviews (except maybe when they talked about removing wall running and that was it) they cared to talk about what they would not have time to finish or release in the game.

Game released is bad. Not terribly bad, but a solid 7. For a game where a 9 wouldn't be enough.

People talk the story and graphics... we would need a much longer and better written story, better optimized graphics, to compensate for everything else that's lacking.

It is ok in the close distance firearms combat, everything else is unbalanced and overpowered, many skills / perks / cyberware do not work at all or just make zero sense/ has no use whatsoever. Again: game currently does not excels in any single area it tries to appeal to except graphics (and at a heavy cost).

Now they can fix it or not.
They should at least try to improve it chunk, because as it stands now it's miles away from any Witcher game, for example and will be remembered as their worst game if it is to stay as is.

Being critical right now is a good thing, makes them improve and see where they made mistakes. Hello Games and Square Enix would never have improved No Man's Sky and FFXIV SO MUCH if everyone pretended to be happy about the first released product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom