We NEED a way to RESET Attributes

+

Someone create a petition to reset attribute points

• Yes

• No

• Link The petition Below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because if you can become to strong from using what the game offers and thus the game becomes to easy, people complain about the lack in difficulty. Its already the case right now. People using perfect combintation of attributs, skills, items and item mods to increase their chars damage output to levels that no npc head can take and onehit everything even on the hardest difficulty, and then they complain the game be to easy.

So if you are not such a master builder and dont go the perfect path in developing your charackter, the game stays challenging. Now with the requested feature here, it would become even easier to create an imba char of death and even more people would complain about how easy the game became even without cheating.

Saying that if people use mods or savegame editors and the like, then they are active cheating and cant complain if that action breaks the game balance but if the game allows something similar without third person editors and mods, then they will.

What you just described there is a mere illusion of keeping the game "challenging". Whether they add the ability to do a full respec or not is not going to make the game any easier or harder at all. It's merely a QOL to save time and not have people do different playthroughs over and over and over again just to reallocate a few points. This is not an ARPG. It's a heavy story focused game. Not everyone wants to sit through hours and hours of dialogue and cutscenes again for the 10th time just to experiment and optimize builds. It's not fun at all and doesn't add anything to the game.

If I want to remake another character and do a different playthrough, it should be for something meaningful - trying a new story path, exploring different dialogue options, going for a different ending, etc, NOT because I'm forced to do so due to curiosity and experimentation with builds. If a game has to rely on permanently locking my stat choices to make the game difficult artificially, then it is a cheap and lazy game mechanic imo.

Now, with that said, I'm not requesting for an option to freely swap around stats with no penalty. There are plenty of ways to integrate a full respec and still have it balanced and have every decision matter. One simple solution would be to add a hefty cost to it (say...$200-300k or something). That would be enough to stop people from abusing it and still have a door open for those who are determined to fix/change their character without a complete unnecessary restart.

Yes...i dont see a reason why they could have perk points reset for 100k but not attribute and actually attribute reset can change your whole gameplay. At this point i think they dont listen to their fans At all BUT they listened for the witcher 3 being long lol... Nice joke.

It's not a big deal. If you reach the max lvl. You have total 71 of attribute points.
You can invest 3 attributes to max 20. or invest 2 attributes to max and the rest every get min. 10.

If you are at low or mid. level, You have no worry to misinvest yet. You can still make a plan.
For example: 5 Attributes with max level of V.
A) 20/20/20/6/5
B) 20/20/11/10/10
C) 20/18/16/9/8
I hope, you're relieved.

I find 3 max. attributes too extreme and some perks at 20 aren't worth.
_____
I didnt saw your edit wit the picture. It was mentioned, before there were Constitution and Strength but got merged into Body. I see a german "Konstitution" has to be "Kondition".
It's another forgotten thing, which should to be removed or MAY they have an idea for future.
I'm already level 41 it's too late for that

Rather we need stats that do something more interesting than lock skills/perks/gear/cyberwear behind them, so that even if one misses out on some perk or cyberwear (not that there’s anything to lament missing out of) there is something interesting to be achieved gameplay- and contentwise.

Letting people simply flipflop with their choices, even when the system is bad, is a bad idea and undermines what ever weight the systems carry (very little right now). It’s about focusing on the symptoms instead of the disease.

Fix the holes in the boat, don’t try to prevent sinking by laddling water off with a spoon.

Roleplaying is a broad term. My second playthrough I roleplayed as a Corpo Stealth build and now I'm a Streetkid Cyberpsycho. Making informed choices about your character to build YOUR own story is what roleplaying is about. So yeah, if I put no points in Intelligence and my character is dumb as a rock that's roleplay.

If you look at the gaming industry everything from MUDs to card games & hack n' slash have RPG elements. If you can relate to your character in some shape or form it is an RPG (whether or not that is the main focus is something else).

So I politely disagree with your assessment.
The points themselves being placed wherever may be a consequence of you role-playing, but the act of putting points into this or that in and of itself is not role-playing. And if simply throwing some mechanic in however half-baked form into a game makes said game an RPG then what is the point of the term? By redefining it as such, you have made it pointless.

Same as if any amount of action, even just a few seconds, turns a movie into an "action flick", I suppose. 2½ hours of blah, blah, blah, one punch thrown, ACTION FLICK!!! Would that work for you? It sure wouldn't work for me.
Post automatically merged:

You start over like all of us did.
Or use a trainer. Or a save game editor. Save a whole bunch of hours that could be better spent on something else. Like participating in the conversations in here.

What you just described there is a mere illusion of keeping the game "challenging". Whether they add the ability to do a full respec or not is not going to make the game any easier or harder at all. It's merely a QOL to save time and not have people do different playthroughs over and over and over again just to reallocate a few points. This is not an ARPG. It's a heavy story focused game. Not everyone wants to sit through hours and hours of dialogue and cutscenes again for the 10th time just to experiment and optimize builds. It's not fun at all and doesn't add anything to the game.

If I want to remake another character and do a different playthrough, it should be for something meaningful - trying a new story path, exploring different dialogue options, going for a different ending, etc, NOT because I'm forced to do so due to curiosity and experimentation with builds. If a game has to rely on permanently locking my stat choices to make the game difficult artificially, then it is a cheap and lazy game mechanic imo.

Now, with that said, I'm not requesting for an option to freely swap around stats with no penalty. There are plenty of ways to integrate a full respec and still have it balanced and have every decision matter. One simple solution would be to add a hefty cost to it (say...$200-300k or something). That would be enough to stop people from abusing it and still have a door open for those who are determined to fix/change their character without a complete unnecessary restart.

Seriously? A new charbuild is no vail reason for you to do a new playthrough? You are aware that rpgs usually have different chars to pick right and each of them needs to be played up seperate. Only because CDPR placed all possible build in the same char and left the freedon complete free where to go, so to say gave you the little finger, you grab the whole hand and ask for a full respec?

Well i guess we reached to point of personal opinion here what is fun and what not. Playing a game for mulitple times and having a little bit of different playstyle and with that fun i do prefer over being able to put every possible playstyle in one single playthrough and be done with the game pretty much after one playthrough.

I guess if CDPR gives in to this and add the full respec, next people ask for gender and origin change ingame to not have to repeat the prolog for nomad and street kid after they started as corpo. And then you might not agree but.. enough people will and then CDPR gives in.. and this game is only one big bowl of creame you and freely stir around in for your hearts content.

I don't think we NEED to be able to reset attributes, but I'd appreciate it. Talents need to be fixed, as too many of them aren't working right now. Tier 20 talents are broken, only 2 of them are working

I don't think we NEED to be able to reset attributes, but I'd appreciate it. Talents need to be fixed, as too many of them aren't working right now. Tier 20 talents are broken, only 2 of them are working
I just need ONE attribute point back , damn

Seriously? A new charbuild is no vail reason for you to do a new playthrough? You are aware that rpgs usually have different chars to pick right and each of them needs to be played up seperate. Only because CDPR placed all possible build in the same char and left the freedon complete free where to go, so to say gave you the little finger, you grab the whole hand and ask for a full respec?

Well i guess we reached to point of personal opinion here what is fun and what not. Playing a game for mulitple times and having a little bit of different playstyle and with that fun i do prefer over being able to put every possible playstyle in one single playthrough and be done with the game pretty much after one playthrough.

I guess if CDPR gives in to this and add the full respec, next people ask for gender and origin change ingame to not have to repeat the prolog for nomad and street kid after they started as corpo. And then you might not agree but.. enough people will and then CDPR gives in.. and this game is only one big bowl of creame you and freely stir around in for your hearts content.

The thing is, even if CDPR implemented a full respec, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else from doing a new fresh playthrough if you wanted. I don't see why you need the game to "force" you (and everyone else) into a decision when you can easily choose to do so anyway. If you can stomach sitting through the same dialogues and cutscenes again and again, then more power to you. All I want is an alternative option so I don't have to unnecessarily waste my time replaying the game all over again just because of one tiny aspect relating to stats. I mean, there are plenty of RPGs out there that offer full respecs, never once have I seen it upset the difficulty/balance or the way people play the game. It's there if someone wants to use it, and for those who don't like it, they can ignore it.

Personally, one way or the other, I don't really care if the devs choose to implement it or not. Thankfully, there are "other" methods of working around it if I do need a full respec. It just would've been nice if it was implemented into the game as an option.

RESET Attributes would be good , because I had no idea how cyberwear works . and made some mistakes

Completely agree; there should definitely be a way to reset this, so you can try different stuff without having to start a new game and level up 50 levels again and again.

The thing is, even if CDPR implemented a full respec, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else from doing a new fresh playthrough if you wanted. I don't see why you need the game to "force" you (and everyone else) into a decision when you can easily choose to do so anyway. If you can stomach sitting through the same dialogues and cutscenes again and again, then more power to you. All I want is an alternative option so I don't have to unnecessarily waste my time replaying the game all over again just because of one tiny aspect relating to stats. I mean, there are plenty of RPGs out there that offer full respecs, never once have I seen it upset the difficulty/balance or the way people play the game. It's there if someone wants to use it, and for those who don't like it, they can ignore it.

Personally, one way or the other, I don't really care if the devs choose to implement it or not. Thankfully, there are "other" methods of working around it if I do need a full respec. It just would've been nice if it was implemented into the game as an option.
What workarounds ?

Completely agree; there should definitely be a way to reset this, so you can try different stuff without having to start a new game and level up 50 levels again and again.
Agreed !

I've never felt the need to reset since i normally know how an what the characters going to be from creation.

That said if they added something i'd probably use it but if they never i wouldn't particularly be bothered either.

It strikes me as another example of choice/consequence that ppl say isn't present then when presented with it want a way to bypass it

There is a save editor on Nexus mods that allows you to edit your attributes/perks etc.
Damn I'm on Xbox Series X

There is a save editor on Nexus mods that allows you to edit your attributes/perks etc.

That's for PC though. If you're on console, then yeah, that might be a little more difficult.
So if people can do it on PC why not on console make it a feature . C'mon CDPR

I use it all the time.
I play game very casual right now, because, I know it's all buggy, and I'm not being really too serious about play, so, one thing I do is play dressup fashion plate barbie with all the different outfits, and even some of the clothing replacers that look neat.

The easiest way to change things is to put everything you want to make Legendary into car's storage area.
Your character has 3 storage slots, 1 for stuff you are wearing and carrying around, and 1 for your car, and another ... I don't know what it is.
By separating everything into the car storage, there's a car storage thing listed in the inventory section of the Save editor.
Click that ... go down list (start small with just a few items, or just one to get feel for it), do the Make Legendary ... save and close for that item, and then make sure to do the main save for the whole sav file, andthen load that save.

You can do while game is at main menu screen so you don't have to exit all the way out of game. Just exist game to main menu, and do save editor, then load the save.

Make two Manual saves at the same spot so you can be extra careful if you want to, and then use the last save as the experiment for learning how to use the Save Editor.

I have not used it to change appearance yet, but the Make Legendary feature works really well. a couple items will not add mod slots ... I don't know why, but mosteverything that gets made into Legendary gets full slots.

:)

The save editor has been a lifesaver and although it has an early appearance editor, you can still change your appearance through the handy preset load/save function. You can start a new cyberpunk game, run the character creator, then 2 seconds after you enter the game world you can save the game.

Load the saved game into the editor and save the preset file. Then load your existing (current) game save and load the preset into the editor. Save your game as normal and your appearance is updated in cyberpunk. Best way to to avoid problems is to make a manual save. This has helped me enormously in getting round some of the game limitations, especially the clothing and crafting problems. Apart from other issues, the editor has helped me with the clothing limitations In game.

Last edited:
The save editor has been a lifesaver and although it has an early appearance editor, you can still change your appearance through the handy preset load/save function. You can start a new cyberpunk game, run the character creator Then 2 seconds after you enter the game world you can save the game.

Load the saved game into the editor and save the preset file. Then load your existing (current) game save and load the preset into the edit. Save your game as normal and your appearance is updated in cyberpunk. Best way to to avoid problems is to make a manual save. This has helped me enormously getting getting round some of the game limitations, especially the clothing and crafting problems.
on PC or console ?

There's a chip kind of thing you can buy from any riperdoc that allows you to reset percs.
Yes but not attributes

Top Bottom