Once we install Cyberware we cant take it out?

+
I installed the nervous system one ( forgot name) that slows down time when you are detected by enemies. I find it annoying. I went back to ripper doc to try and get it removed..but I cant.

I didn't realize once we install something we cant remove it....

DUMB

I hope they change this idiocy in the future.

I also want these stupid mantis blades removed.

you can remove it by replacing it with another cyberwar which use that slot - to remove mantis blades f.e just buy a cheap rocket launcher version at Victor or any other Ripper. Same for Ken or Sav cyberware just buy the cheapest white cyberware to replace them... however I dont know why someone dislike bullettime cyberware it makes everything way more fun imo...

Well, I mean, (if this were real) once they install synthetic replacements, it's not like they can just put the real body parts back. So you just have to replace it with cyberware that's less inconvenient to you.

I installed the nervous system one ( forgot name) that slows down time when you are detected by enemies. I find it annoying. I went back to ripper doc to try and get it removed..but I cant.

DUMB

You are having bits of your body cut out and replaced with tech. What do you expect? The ripper-doc to time travel back and get your old organs?

I had that problem with the Mantis Blades. Decided I did not like them, so I replaced them with something else. C'est la vie

DUMB

you can put in new cyberware, but you can't have nothing there. Once you cut off your arrns, they re gone

Even if we can't remove cyberwear, the way some of them are described, it makes no sense that they don't have an on-off switch - the synaptic accelerator being a great example.

I think it's okay that the human limbs, once removed, are forever lost. But you should be able to replace mantis or gorilla with just ordinary cybernetic arms (with both futuristic and lifelike options) that have no weapons.

Notice that NOT ONE of the replies suggests and alternative unit to put in place of the extremely annoying flashing slow-time mods he was complaining about (which i whoie-heartedly agree on) but instead, each response make stupid analogies of how it wouldn't be realistic to remove cyberware. Nothing about this game is realistic, and the mods that slow time are just shitty flash-bangs that are more distracting and hazardous to us than they are helpful. They need an off-switch, or the ability to remove ones we do not like. IF this were realistic, we would have a far greater understanding of what the cyberware was and its function before paying a quack-ass "doctor" to implant them in us.

SO, in that spirit, let's offer some alternative cyberware to replace them with, and try to stay on-topic of the thread.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Post automatically merged:

DUMB

I totally agree, and had to search for a while to find out that there are only 5 cyberware devices to go in those slots, and all but 2 of them do the annoying flash and slow time shit -- so i am changing them out for NEOFIBER and MANUEVERING SYSTEM, as these are the ONLY mods for those slots that do not do the annoying flash as they slow time down.
Hope that helps.

Here is where i found that info:

Last edited:
Wow. Okay.

Notice that NOT ONE of the replies suggests and alternative unit to put in place of the extremely annoying flashing slow-time mods he was complaining about
In fact many replies did suggest replacing it with another unit. So what if they didn't go and research which specific units would be ideal replacements? I am sure OP knows how to google. Or how to just try a few things to see what works.

each response make stupid analogies of how it wouldn't be realistic to remove cyberware
No, actually none of them did. Instead of using analogy, some directly addressed the fact that it isn't realistic (in our world or the game world) for human organs, tendons, arteries and limbs to be re-inserted into a body when they have previously been removed and discarded. Other people made simple statements that were not comparative and so could not possibly have been genuinely mistaken as 'analogies'.

IF this were realistic, we would have a far greater understanding of what the cyberware was and its function before paying a quack-ass "doctor" to implant them in us.
Attitude towards cyberware is detailed in the game and much more so in the wider Cyberpunk genre. Some corpos, and especially medicos might have some amount of knowledge, but punks do not have an understanding of their cyberware pre-implantation. It's a trope.

SO, in that spirit
The unnecessarily confrontational and fallacious spirit that you brought to this thread, approaching two years after the discussion?

try to stay on-topic of the thread
Directly replying to and addressing the OP is not 'off-topic'. Just because you didn't like the replies doesn't make them off-topic. Everyone here was on-topic. All of the replies discussed cyberware replacement, and nothing else. 21 months ago. Twenty-one.

Thanks for your cooperation
Ah, you're the boss? Heh, we are all peers here, except for the mods of course. This long-finished discussion had, until your arrival, been conducted properly and politely and without complaint. If only you had co-operated in the same manner.

Top Bottom