Lets just be realistic... and look to the sequel.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll need a lot of time and money to improve this

They have sold more than 10 milion copies at launch. They spent more than 200 milions on marketing. They have the money, so there's no excuse, they can finish the game (which means adding content in terms of quest design, choices and consequences, reactivity to player's choices, activities in the open world). If they won't do it it won't be because of lack of money.
Post automatically merged:

The Witcher, CP online and CP all have different teams. You realize this right?

Not entirely true. They have clearly built the itemization and the core gameplay as a looter shooter, to make the transition to the multiplayer easier. The multiplayer has ruined the singleplayer.

Will it happen? and will it be the game we all thought this one would be ?
This is equivalent of someone losing a pet that's been with them for years, and on the day of the loss, one of their closest friends asks about getting a new pet! It's a major gut punch and is exactly the same in this case.

My hope is that nobody buys anything from CDPR EVER AGAIN until whatever they put out has been reviewed to the Nth degree for content and playability. I mean, that's what the Twitch and YT content creators should be doing, right?

I'd actually love for pre-orders to not be allowed anymore. It only leads to the bullsh&% we've seen with respect to CP2077, Anthem, Fallout 76, etc. It needs to stop.

They spent more than 200 milions on marketing.

Not so sure about that one myself. Adam said their costs were already covered from the 8M, at the time, pre-orders. If this is true; That's 160M or less.

They have clearly built the itemization and the core gameplay as a looter shooter, to make the transition to the multiplayer easier. The multiplayer has ruined the singleplayer.

Yep.

Sequel? Why would I buy a sequel? I've had this one uninstalled from my computer for some time now. I periodically check in to see if there are any hints of major improvements in the patches.

I'm not looking toward anything. If they make a sequel, and it turns out to be sort of like I had hoped this one would be, then I'll be happy to buy it. I have no expectation one way or the other.

I would'nt expect a sequel to this game in at least 10-12 years or something, CPDR most likely will enter in a 6-ish year development process with TW4 and then if they want to return for Cyberpunk (they might want to do something completely different), it will take them another 6 years or something.

Nah. I'm just hoping they stick with this one and make attempts to fix it for everyone that supported and paid them for it.

When they put more actual content in the game and have seemingly learned from their mistakes with the new content, then maybe, but until actual new content is added. The game ends when it ends.

Sequel will be around 2030...Remaking W1 and W2 is waste of time, these games were good, very good 10 years ago, now they have outdated mechanics (especially W1), outdated narrative mechanics, outdated visuals/animations. Who will buy it?
There's enough content in this game -CP2077 ...Valhalla was too long for people, they were whining about it, because it was even 70-80 hours long. This one is 80+ (on very ahrd, without fast travel) and people complain about cut content, may I say: LOL. From any perspective it's also way better game than W3, people can't analyse release of W3 (50-60 k players on Steam) and Cp2077 (1 million of players) and why CP2077 have more haters...
It's also funny how people say they will not buy preorder and first wait for reviews, footage of game before buying next game of CDPR: IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE? You should make it before buying any game. So your warning is: I will not behave as impulsive consumer, but mature one... We're making progress as humanity. hahaha.

That is too radical :) There is only one mediocre game for now under their development, which is not 100% bad as Andromeda was.

We'll see what they'll do for Cyberpunk within the year and we'll see what their next game look like. It's not impossible to rehabilitate for them. No preorders anymore though. User score first, buying the second.

Andromeda was a lousy premise to start with, and it helped me avoid it like the plague. It was downhill right from the start, except for the most dedicated of Mass Effect fans. Not to mention Bioware's proclivity to just "wing it" through that whole series and not have a consistent vision. Just the fact that EA themselves is trying to do a sequel back in the original galaxy shows they know how bad it was, and how little vision they have.

Cyberpunk had more potential. That's what's upsetting about it. The world building and possibility of multiple factions and story for V was already written for them by Pondsmith... hashed out over decades. It was a setting with real vision. And CDPR still managed to mess it up. All of this potential just to turn all of Cyberpunk into some limited microcosm centered around Silverhand..and do some ridiculous "terminally ill" storyline in an open world game. Why even have an open world when you put a timebomb in the story like that? It just discourages doing anything except trying to stop the timebomb. Which is why many players finished so quick, as they stuck to the main storyline. It wasn't their fault for finishing, when the story is written like that. Anytime you place a time countdown type of scenario in games, people just subconsciously focus on that and rush.

Last edited:
If they leave the game in its current state, looking realistically, I am not buying anything else from them again.
same here cyberpunk will be the LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them if they (management not the devs) dont pull a NMS style redemption. sure there will be the hardcore fans but even they will shrink by the day as more slowly start to wake up...

The world building and possibility of multiple factions and story for V was already written for them by Pondsmith... hashed out over decades. It was a setting with real vision. And CDPR still managed to mess it up. All of this potential just to turn all of Cyberpunk into some limited microcosm centered around Silverhand..and do some ridiculous "terminally ill" storyline in an open world game. Why even have an open world when you put a timebomb in the story like that?

Precisely. They ruined a perfectly good opportunity to manufacture a scenario where the narrative doesn't conflict with the open world mechanics. It would appear they have very much become a AAA studio, seemingly eyeing accolades and sales more specifically rather than focusing squarely on delivering a solid product as effectively as possibly and likely getting all of those things anyway. GTA works not simply because of it's simulator qualities or player freedom, but because the very purpose of the character's roll in the story doesn't conflict with either of those. You are a criminal/outlaw. You still have bills to pay, you want to eat, you want the blow your money on trinkets or leisure activities between jobs, you have friends you want to get drunk with, you want to get a gun and go jack with those gangsters who punked you earlier, etc. The game is about you, not the writers.

Being a mercenary, living in a sprawling hellhole, was a fertile plot of land ripe for cultivation. Instead; these guys decided to pan for narrative gold, they didn't find much imo, rather than grow gameplay crops. You're now an unlucky bum, your bestie has died before you even had the chance to get attached and his body has caused the AI taxi to barrel roll into the river. You're stuck with a forgotten front-man in your head who looks like that guy from those action movies you enjoy as your vision wigs out in the middle of a side quest you were just starting to enjoy, and for some reason people won't stop calling you and trying to sell you expensive used cars like you're their nephew... as you're dying.

They don't get it.

Last edited:
same here cyberpunk will be the LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them if they (management not the devs) dont pull a NMS style redemption. sure there will be the hardcore fans but even they will shrink by the day as more slowly start to wake up...

I mean, I enjoyed the game, I have over 200 hours in a single Corpo playthrough and the game has potential to be great, but it is currently nowhere near to what CDPR advertised to hell and back for this game to be.

The new standard of open world games? Pfft, sure, in their dreams. Certainly not with AI only barely winning comparison against 20-year old contestants.

Polish to the level of RDR2? Can't really judge that, as I haven't really played RDR2, but using some videos for comparison, for example how you can shop in general stores or perhaps in saloons, I'd say CP2077 is again dragging far behind.

Random encounters? Don't believe there is anything random about them.

Every thing you do will have consequences and those will ripple through the playthrough? You mean those couple things in that one mission in first act that will influence one mission in third act? How many dialogue choices actually had consequences? I think I read somewhere that 2%, that means 98% of what I choose doesn't have any value. And there I was naively reloading my corpo save when I told down the intern.

And most importantly, "And yes, we are still only releasing it when it's ready." Now that one didn't age very well, who in their sane mind marked this as ready?

Of course if you lived under rock for the last few years, you might even think this is a great game, it certainly is a good game, solid 6.5, but when you consider what CDPR aimed for this game to be, it missed the mark greatly, and if they don't at least try to make it what they advertised it to be, I'm done with them.

They probably left behind a few devs to fix the bugs and create 2-3 new quests to release as DLC.
Rest of the team is working on the new cash cow.

In other words: Abandon all hope of this garbage matching TW3.

If anything they should have mabey expanded on act 1.
More history on v, mabey start as a v that's living a normal life, before he/she falls into being a merc, opened the city up etc etc, then added act 2 as a dlc.
There's so much they could have done but didn't.

What will happen is that the game will be forgotten...with the time between patches,new games get released and the hype dies...theres a lot of games coming as usual and the game in thks state wont get better...just wait for the dlcs next year with all the patchs and stuff...despite loving the game theres is nothing that draws me back in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom