Important Update

+
Mmmm, I don't know about that. Perhaps you feel that way, I don't, but the facts don't play with this take well. Fallout76 and Anthem seemed to be, as the people who didn't buy in figured, contentless cash grabs rushed out the door. Cyberpunk has content, it has story, it has mechanics, it has a realized world, it has intriguing characters, etc. All of these things are broken in their own way, but they are there, and the gun play ain't terrible.
As with the games you mentioned everybody has/had a different experience. I was able to get through Anthem after deleting/reloading a hundred million times and only after the first month NOT playing due to issues with progression. My point is that CDPR released the mess knowing it was a mess. I play on Xbox One X and I couldn't through the first 5 hours due to crashes to the dashboard, audio and graphic glitches, etc.

You can't see this? I play on Xbox One X and it was unplayable at launch and for the next how ever many weeks it was until patch 1.11 released.
Now this is very interesting. Because I happened to play on Xbox One X as well. I did one ending with 1.06, had 100% completion but for Pacifica.

In terms of completing the game, after 1.1 patch one NCDP mission near stadium popped up and I got 100% for that area also right after that.

Very interesting indeed.

Last edited:
Please note there are just as many of not more that are rooting for you. We can critique CP without wanting to see you or it fail. This is TOTALLY unacceptable and know many of us ARE hoping you overcome and succeed all these latest challenges! To those of you cheering this on, I look forward when karma returns the favor, I will revel in it. It's all fun and games until the tables are turned then it's a cry-fest woe is me.

None the less, all my best to CDPR and I wish you a speedy resolution to this.

Holly guacamole I had to do a double take to see if it was actually you posting.

Are you ok?

Do you want to talk? :D

89TQ.gif

I don't hate the game, as some would believe. I find myself in the odd position of being sympathetic to people I would usually cringe at - those who buy the hype and get ass blasted when it's a dud. I work in this industry, I see the sausage get made day in and day out. Even before the stars were struck from my eyes at my first gig, I had become skeptical of promises from game devs because well, shit happens. People get overly ambitious, show mock ups too early, buy into their own hype, things don't pan out, etc. This happened before the advent of "AAA" gaming, and all the vultures who followed the cash flow. Halo 1 selling 1 million copies was bonkers at the time, think about that. Today selling 5 million is considered a massive financial failure for the same market much of the time.

I play about 2 new games a year, I'm very picky as I can enjoy a game just as much a year later at half the cost, so I haven't been disappointed in quite a while. I only pre-order a game when I really think it's gonna be an instant win. The Cyberpunk genre itself, hired gun stories, gritty action, and the like are my instant win buttons. You have to do something special to mess that up. Something special, CDPR did. I was absolutely shocked. I came into this with bare expectations. Act 1 was the game I thought I was getting. It doesn't mean the story is shit, for the most part it is quite good - It's not what I was sold though, and my disappointment is compounded by all the other issues then it's set ablaze by bugs and the patch releases actively making it worse for me. Performance issues, new bugs, some NEW bugs are game breaking, previously solved bugs reappearing, etc. I can't even move foward with the mod I was making because they've completely removed the overcast weather parameters from the game, along with breaking any weather changes to the still existing weather parameters. Why??

There are secure ways of remote work, none of those involves putting information on the cloud. Such as vpn (which is exceptionally secure) with two factor authentication. When you put information on the cloud, you are trusting a third party to keep your information secure, which they have little to no incentives to. After all legally once you entrust your information to a third party, unless they signed a NDA they are free to do with it as they please.

If a cloud service did sign a NDA then CDPR can sue them for failing to secure the information...

But usually NDA would prohibit putting any such information on the cloud as it would be considered disclosure.

You actually have no Idea what you are talking about, do you?

Could be possible that some entity wants to tank stock prices to buy up market share and possibly take over company.
/me puts on tinfoil hat.

I don't hate the game, as some would believe. I find myself in the odd position of being sympathetic to people I would usually cringe at - those who buy the hype and get ass blasted when it's a dud. I work in this industry, I see the sausage get made day in and day out. Even before the stars were struck from my eyes at my first gig, I had become skeptical of promises from game devs because well, shit happens. People get overly ambitious, show mock ups too early, buy into their own hype, things don't pan out, etc. This happened before the advent of "AAA" gaming, and all the vultures who followed the cash flow. Halo 1 selling 1 million copies was bonkers at the time, think about that. Today selling 5 million is considered a massive financial failure for the same market much of the time.

I play about 2 new games a year, I'm very picky as I can enjoy a game just as much a year later at half the cost, so I haven't been disappointed in quite a while. I only pre-order a game when I really think it's gonna be an instant win. The Cyberpunk genre itself, hired gun stories, gritty action, and the like are my instant win buttons. You have to do something special to mess that up. Something special, CDPR did. I was absolutely shocked. I came into this with bare expectations. Act 1 was the game I thought I was getting. It doesn't mean the story is shit, for the most part it is quite good - It's not what I was sold though, and my disappointment is compounded by all the other issues then it's set ablaze by bugs and the patch releases actively making it worse for me. Performance issues, new bugs, some NEW bugs are game breaking, previously solved bugs reappearing, etc. I can't even move foward with the mod I was making because they've completely removed the overcast weather parameters from the game, along with breaking any weather changes to the still existing weather parameters. Why??

Listen mate, I'm in the same boat, it was just surprising to see you post something that didn't come off as abrasive for once, which is fine we can laugh.

As for the hype, I was right with it and for me it was fine, I bought the game three times, once from GOG, a collector's edition (WHICH ACTUALLY HAS THE GAME IN IT OMGOMGOMG) and once for a mate of mine, and while I see the problems, I could already see the same problems from their previous games as well, so I didn't go in blind at all.

Kind of like Bethesda coming out saying that their next game is going to revolutionize the gaming landscape (and lol ironically it did with Skyrim which still is a jank-fest) and then people flipping a gasket for the same reason, non-existing main story, bugs, inconsistent features, outdated gameplay etc. But that didn't happen to this extend did it?

It's all so clear to me that CDPR was not ready to hit mainstream the way they did, the marketing campaign was incredible for all the wrong reasons, the bombastic trailers that were later undermined by their own statements (like don't expect GTA even though we're showing you this trailer that kind of looks like GTA based on the narrator) massive billboards all over the world, busses painted yellow, all that jazz.

I could see it coming from a MILE away, and I knew exactly what I was getting into, don't mistake this for me advocating CDPR's misconduct.

I'm just calling it what it is, a massive mainstream overblown outrage directly proportional to their marketing.

As for outright lies? Nah, don't see them, I can however see them misleading people in regards to the game's state at launch which is inexcusable, but I also don't think they had any choice but to release it or cancel it all together on various platforms due to binding contracts that were regularly breached with their last minuet delays.

I remember them struggling to release The Witcher 1 on Xbox to the point of them almost going bankrupt and canceling the entire thing, I remember them having trouble releasing The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 after months of delay (and it had HUGE performance issues and IQ issues on that platform), then I remember them having some trouble releasing The Witcher 3, again after delays, and it had performance issues and bugs galore (but it wasn't mainstream).

Then all of a sudden they're releasing Cyberpunk 2077 on seven different platforms at the same time in the middle of the worst pandemic of 21st century where half the globe is under severe lockdowns and businesses frozen or shut down.

I mean, come on, the writing was on the wall for this one whatever they claimed.

As much as I hold CDPR responsible, I advocate for the same responsibility from the consumer side, be smarter basically and stop falling for hype it's flipping everywhere.

Basically take a deep breath, take a good look at yourself and stop being so angry, you can get your points across a lot easier if you don't act like a spoiled brat - this last statement is a generalized opinion not aimed at anyone in particular and works just as well for me as it does for anyone else.

Cheerio'

Listen mate, I'm in the same boat, it was just surprising to see you post something that didn't come off as abrasive for once, which is fine we can laugh.

As for the hype, I was right with it and for me it was fine, I bought the game three times, once from GOG, a collector's edition (WHICH ACTUALLY HAS THE GAME IN IT OMGOMGOMG) and once for a mate of mine, and while I see the problems, I could already see the same problems from their previous games as well, so I didn't go in blind at all.

Kind of like Bethesda coming out saying that their next game is going to revolutionize the gaming landscape (and lol ironically it did with Skyrim which still is a jank-fest) and then people flipping a gasket for the same reason, non-existing main story, bugs, inconsistent features, outdated gameplay etc. But that didn't happen to this extend did it?

It's all so clear to me that CDPR was not ready to hit mainstream the way they did, the marketing campaign was incredible for all the wrong reasons, the bombastic trailers that were later undermined by their own statements (like don't expect GTA even though we're showing you this trailer that kind of looks like GTA based on the narrator) massive billboards all over the world, busses painted yellow, all that jazz.

I could see it coming from a MILE away, and I knew exactly what I was getting into, don't mistake this for me advocating CDPR's misconduct.

I'm just calling it what it is, a massive mainstream overblown outrage directly proportional to their marketing.

As for outright lies? Nah, don't see them, I can however see them misleading people in regards to the game's state at launch which is inexcusable, but I also don't think they had any choice but to release it or cancel it all together on various platforms due to binding contracts that were regularly breached with their last minuet delays.

I remember them struggling to release The Witcher 1 on Xbox to the point of them almost going bankrupt and canceling the entire thing, I remember them having trouble releasing The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 after months of delay (and it had HUGE performance issues and IQ issues on that platform), then I remember them having some trouble releasing The Witcher 3, again after delays, and it had performance issues and bugs galore (but it wasn't mainstream).

Then all of a sudden they're releasing Cyberpunk 2077 on seven different platforms at the same time in the middle of the worst pandemic of 21st century where half the globe is under severe lockdowns and businesses frozen or shut down.

I mean, come on, the writing was on the wall for this one whatever they claimed.

As much as I hold CDPR responsible, I advocate for the same responsibility from the consumer side, be smarter basically and stop falling for hype it's flipping everywhere.

Basically take a deep breath, take a good look at yourself and stop being so angry, you can get your points across a lot easier if you don't act like a spoiled brat - this last statement is a generalized opinion not aimed at anyone in particular and works just as well for me as it does for anyone else.

Cheerio'

A very well written post. Spot on too.

CDPR's failings are nothing new. They've just pushed some of them to a new level. I have no doubt it wasn't done maliciously.

As for the thread. Seriously, anyone cheering on for this needs to take a good hard look in the mirror. What is happening is not good in any way or for anyone.

Listen mate, I'm in the same boat, it was just surprising to see you post something that didn't come off as abrasive for once, which is fine we can laugh...

It's not anger to say chances are significantly low that they'll turn the game into something resembling a finished product, let alone what they led people to expect, within a year post launch when they couldn't do so in four+. If I can get one person to resist pre-ordering games, from anyone, I will have made a positive difference. That being said; I 'hope' they do something special... at some point.

Don't patronize me again, please.

It's not anger to say chances are significantly low that they'll turn the game into something resembling a finished product, let alone what they led people to expect, within a year post launch when they couldn't do so in four+. If I can get one person to resist pre-ordering games, from anyone, I will have made a positive difference. That being said; I 'hope' they do something special... at some point.

Don't patronize me again, please.

Noted, and I agree, just not fully and it sounds quite patronizing coming from you as well, ironically.

People can do whatever they want with their money it's not yours or my decision to make, and I'm not trying to influence anyone in any way.

All I want is for people to be smarter with their purchases and accept the risk, as that's what life is, everything is a risk one way or another.

Cheerio'

Witcher 3 is still not bug/glitch free though. I saw 2 horses clipping into each other, kinda like how cars in Cyberpunk 2077 did (but in their defense it's doing it less and less now with current patches, so it's a progress). But I haven't gotten deep into the witcher 3's story. For some reason it's just not doing it for me.

But as much as I get tired of playing Cyberpunk's short main story I still find myself going back time after time. I think once CDPR is done with the bug fixes they'll work on expanding the story. It's really short as it is, and I think they should just ditch the ticking timebomb story and make all side quests main quest, possibly including a few gigs from each district.

That and they should make all romancable NPC romancable by both genders, and turn some of the one night stands into real romance too.

Witcher 3 is still not bug/glitch free though. I saw 2 horses clipping into each other, kinda like how cars in Cyberpunk 2077 did (but in their defense it's doing it less and less now with current patches, so it's a progress). But I haven't gotten deep into the witcher 3's story. For some reason it's just not doing it for me.

But as much as I get tired of playing Cyberpunk's short main story I still find myself going back time after time. I think once CDPR is done with the bug fixes they'll work on expanding the story. It's really short as it is, and I think they should just ditch the ticking timebomb story and make all side quests main quest, possibly including a few gigs from each district.

See? That wasn't hard to fix at all. I have similar a conclusion, among alternatives, as I'm sure you do. Other people, even Youtubers have come up with better ways of staging and pacing the game IF you want to keep Keanu in there. You could cut him out entirely, or this or that, etc. And these are just a few ideas from a couple of swinging dicks on the internet bullshitting on a forum. Yet these guys, with millions of dollars at their disposal, couldn't do it. That's why, I think, I find it so frustrating. Around every corner "Well, that could've been done better."

I'm not claiming it was as buggy or not (for me personally they were pretty much as buggy, minor issues really and one Cyberpsycho broken quest).

But keep in mind, they already had the experience from their previous two Witcher games to fall back upon.

To an extent, it seems that they tried a similar approach with Cyberpunk and it didn't work, so I would argue that a lot of the game was pretty much a new experience for them, having to develop new assets and systems without a decent pipe-line it seems and that's where the bugs come from.

The engine needed to be rewritten to accommodate the new systems.

This is just an observation not an excuse.

Yeah I could get behind this as well, although I do like the main story, it just creates a disconnect with the rest of the game sadly.

That and they should make all romancable NPC romancable by both genders, and turn some of the one night stands into real romance too.

I disagree with the first part, I like the characters behaving like human beings, as for the rest I agree, I want more Meredith :D

Top Bottom