Why do the cops need so much help?

+
Considering that the cops can just appear out of thin air anytime V accidentally runs over a pedestrian, why can't they just do that to the gang members and psychos that they need you to kill?

I get that it is content but it breaks the immersion completely for me and shows a lack of continuity with the police presence in the game.

Well... Maybe they have some jammer that make impossible to the police teleport there :)

What i think... you read and hear in many places that the police is corrupted etc... maybe this is why they don´t show up on those locations, see that many of this crimes are corporate soldiers, the cyberpsycho is because maxtac will kill them, and your job is to not kill.

But agreed, is not good for immersion, in special because the crime is happening for a long time on those locations.

Well... Maybe they have some jammer that make impossible to the police teleport there :)

What i think... you read and hear in many places that the police is corrupted etc... maybe this is why they don´t show up on those locations, see that many of this crimes are corporate soldiers, the cyberpsycho is because maxtac will kill them, and your job is to not kill.

But agreed, is not good for immersion, in special because the crime is happening for a long time on those locations.
I would be cool with the jammer theory if it was something I could loot and use myself. The cops are like mosquitoes just flocking out of nowhere.

CDPR didn't put in the time to make a more believable system. CP2077 doesn't have a system in it that isn't half baked.

Maybe the Title screen and Credits... :shrug:

CDPR didn't put in the time to make a more believable system.

I thinking about the simplest way to mod this to feel much better. My very first idea is to quadruple the distance the cops are spawned in. This way they will have to path to you the same way normal guards do. If you are behind locked doors/gates other pathing obstacles than so be it, they cannot get to you JUST NOW. However the distance that they give up looking for you will also be extended as far as possible (as the game will allow). The entire city if I can do that in the game.

Anyone mod the Witcher? (I have not) Do you think the above are/is just game settings? Or at least done via scripts? If it is more than that I may have to hope a better mod author than I will do a similar mod.

I thinking about the simplest way to mod this to feel much better. My very first idea is to quadruple the distance the cops are spawned in. This way they will have to path to you the same way normal guards do. If you are behind locked doors/gates other pathing obstacles than so be it, they cannot get to you JUST NOW. However the distance that they give up looking for you will also be extended as far as possible (as the game will allow). The entire city if I can do that in the game.

Except AI pathing is pretty broken as well. The cops would probably get lost trying to find you.

This needs a complete overhaul, not a simple fix. This is Night City, 80% of the time the cops should just not care. And if nobody sees the crime, nothing should ever happen. I wrote a long post about a way to fix these issues in another post. The Cops could have been a great, fun element in this game, like many others that instead ended up ill-considered and half-baked.

I know its an undercooked design element of the game but my head cannon is the NCPD need to get their numbers up somehow, so they jump on easy, safe traffic violations because 99 times out of 100, its a dude that doesn't shoot back with assault weapons and grenades.

The 1 in 100 traffic violations is V who has more assault weapons and grenades than all the gangs in NC. The cop who took this call is in for a real bad day...

Except AI pathing is pretty broken as well. The cops would probably get lost trying to find you.

This needs a complete overhaul, not a simple fix. This is Night City, 80% of the time the cops should just not care. And if nobody sees the crime, nothing should ever happen. I wrote a long post about a way to fix these issues in another post. The Cops could have been a great, fun element in this game, like many others that instead ended up ill-considered and half-baked.

I do not completely agree. The guards and enemies path to you just fine once alerted. In combat pathing may be what you are referring to but that also gets them to you eventually. And I struggle also with the idea of "no one seeing the crime". At least in the city were there are hidden sensors, cameras, turrets with sensors, drones with sensors and other surveillance devices even inside homes and buildings, not to mention people themselves are walking recorders and transmitters!

So the system edit I describe would be the simplest way to fix it and feel way better than it is now. But for me to fix it it would have to be scripted or using in game global values for things like spawn range.

IT IS CERTAINLY WORTH A TRY! ;)

Last edited:
WHY DO THE COPS NEED SO MUCH HELP?
Considering that the cops can just appear out of thin air anytime V accidentally runs over a pedestrian, why can't they just do that to the gang members and psychos that they need you to kill?

I get that it is content but it breaks the immersion completely for me and shows a lack of continuity with the police presence in the game.
Why? Because there are people like my V that can lay waste to over a dozen cops, drones and turrets and they need all the help they can get. ...but it still won't help them.

I look at the cops in the city as just another gang like the Valentinos or The Sixth Street Gang and they need putting down just like all the rest of them.

Top Bottom