Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pleasant surprises just keep piling up. I wonder if I will ever start associating Cyberpunk 2077 with any positive emotion. I guess time will tell. But when will that time be? We're not immortal you know...

That's a very interesting point. The continuous build up of negativity and the lack of *any* good news surrounding this game does wear on a player/customer/consumer. I wonder if we're rapidly approaching a tipping point where even the die hard fans (like me) just can't stomach the continuous soap opera and move on for good -- if for no other reason than to experience some happy, positive feelings again.

That's a very interesting point. The continuous build up of negativity and the lack of *any* good news surrounding this game does wear on a player/customer/consumer. I wonder if we're rapidly approaching a tipping point where even the die hard fans (like me) just can't stomach the continuous soap opera and move on for good -- if for no other reason than to experience some happy, positive feelings again.
I'm about there, too. I don't know if they don't know we are at that point, or just don't care.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Sadly, I did suspect the hack would have this effect....but a few more weeks isn't going to kill me, as I had already completed my first 140 hour play-through! ;)
This gives me a few more weeks to play the games I have been neglecting the last 2 months, before going in for a 2nd play-through :)

This is as if I made only talk shows on TV because I say 90%+ of the audience is female. Except once you start making UFC shows and sports, TV viewership participation by males shoots up.

Except CDPR is not in business to change the demographics and alter the gaming landscape. They are in it to make money and that means giving existing players what they want, not to cater to what some future demo looks like. It's not like all those women who never game are instantly going to flock to CP2077 if you wave a sexy dick and some story at them.

It might suck, and maybe companies should go after women harder (no pun intended). But from a purely business decision, focusing more on male romance options does make some sense. I'm just talking about what *is*, not what ought to be.

For the people commenting with " Just give us more - release the ******** already " etc etc.
The company was hacked, and information is leaked and sold.

At this point in time, they will and should be focused on dealing with that first, because if not, any number of further problems can go wrong. DLC´s could be in jeopardy, further games could be as well, company employees may be targeted due to personal information being leaked and more.

Just give that a thought before demanding things, or calling them names.
If your house was robbed, would you just ignore that to give everyone else what they need?

The best thing to do with this game is to forget about it and buy another game to pass the time until CP2077 is finished (about 12 months).

Developers should offer paid DLC for free to people who bought this game before or shortly after launch. After all, they have paid $ 60 for a game with many problems that can be bought for $ 20 after 2 months.

The soap opera is in the response, not the studio. The positive news is that they are still working on the patch. Negative news would have been them following BioWare.

Except CDPR is not in business to change the demographics and alter the gaming landscape. They are in it to make money and that means giving existing players what they want, not to cater to what some future demo looks like. It's not like all those women who never game are instantly going to flock to CP2077 if you wave a sexy dick and some story at them.

It might suck, and maybe companies should go after women harder (no pun intended). But from a purely business decision, focusing more on male romance options does make some sense. I'm just talking about what *is*, not what ought to be.

Except that the whole "80% of gamers are male" stuff hasn't been true in many years.

The best thing to do with this game is to forget about it and buy another game to pass the time until CP2077 is finished (about 12 months).

Developers should offer paid DLC for free to people who bought this game before or shortly after launch. After all, they have paid $ 60 for a game with many problems that can be bought for $ 20 after 2 months.

Thank you for the update! Like many have already said, it is understandable. The hacking happened at the worst possible moment.

I personally just finished my first playthrough, which took me about 150 hours, so I'm taking a little break before trying the corpo life path. I also just started replaying God Of War, which is amazing!

You both do realize game companies work on several projects at the same time right?
Also, the company was just victim of a criminal act, and as it seems, tons of documents and vital information is leaked online. With no company, no games at all, so instead..why not focus that anger on the people that committed the hack?
I'm sorry I still don't believe the hack was real..

Well... i lost a bet with this update, i was sure they would release a 1.2 patch, more like a hotfix like 1.1.
But i think the PR is not doing a good job... IMO at least, i mean, the game is somehow in beta, i have no problem with that, but the feedback CDPR give to their fans is very little, what is this update? There is so much stuff to fix and add to the game, that this updates could be anything.

For the people commenting with " Just give us more - release the ******** already " etc etc.
The company was hacked, and information is leaked and sold.

At this point in time, they will and should be focused on dealing with that first, because if not, any number of further problems can go wrong. DLC´s could be in jeopardy, further games could be as well, company employees may be targeted due to personal information being leaked and more.

Just give that a thought before demanding things, or calling them names.
If your house was robbed, would you just ignore that to give everyone else what they need?
Probably not the only post highlighting this, but I feel this is one such post that deserves to be re-iterated.
Specifically because the last sentence. Please consider te implications of what happened over there, and please, for a moment set aside your own little petty wants and needs, and let them sort this out.

Think of it what you will (believe/not believe), but keep it at that for now.

(sorry if this sounded moderator-ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom