[- SUGGESTION | OPEN LETTER -] I got a slap in the face

+
Usually, no, but I waited for this game 8 years and wanted to squeeze everything out of it regardless if its a bad game or not and decided not to get a refund because I have some hope left that CDPR will fix the game and add more on top of it that will enhance the experience... So if I made that decision then why not play it and finish the game? The story was engaging enough to at least complete it. And I already stated in my previous post that you quoted why I played it regardless:
I had hopes that the next quest will be good and the next and the next and so on and then had a little hope left that maybe one of the endings will be fine atleast but that did not happened either, so yeah.

So when it comes to me, it wasn't punishement, but rather mindful and hopeful masochism.
Hahah loving it. I basicly did the same, clinging on to the hope that i would stumble upon something truly amazing. After 8 years, and chucking my cold hard cash at the CE, i sorta had no choice but to strugle on(at the very least im going to milk some hours out of it). Im not saying that i didnt have a single moment of fun, its just more on the negative side than pros atm.

Disclaimer : I NEVER pre-order games(They are digital, and will never run out of stock). I usualy wait a couple of months til the game drops in price, and there is enough information out there about it.
But because of my love for The Witcher, and the fact that i resisted the temptation to buy the CE of Wild Hunt. I just went ahead and broke my own rules, just this once.
Lesson learned i guess(hope?).

Thank you for your participation gentlemen !

If we're talking about suggestions, you know what I want to see?

Common craftable daggers. I can make rare daggers(I think blue is rare) I forget.

For early game, throwing daggers is costly when the daggers cant be easily mass produced. Or at the very least. Let us reclaim daggers or make a common throwing dagger.

Another thing. A constant companion. Look at dog meat from fallout 4. Dog meat is a dog. Dogs typically don't make plans or have prior engagements. It would be neat if V could have a canine or robot companion. Maybe not a canine since most animals don't exist in the cyberpunk world, but a companion that can help you out whenever you want and for however long you need them. The flathead could have been a tool for V to use or maybe one of the robots that you fight throughout the game could be reskinned. Possibly a modified version so you can tell instantly this robot is YOUR companion. Thoughts?

Another thing I'd like. Being able to jump no matter where you are. I had a level 42 character that was stuck on the roof of a building that he cannot jump off of because the rails are too high for him to walk over and the game will not let him jump. He also has no autosave or save of him prior to being on the roof. I had to start over because the game wont let me jump off a roof. I'm doing fine now. I have a level 34 character, but this was an incredibly horrible setback.

> Your suggestion about adding new weapons and manufacturing plans made me think about the fact that V is capable of making high-tech weapons, but is unable by disassembling items from them to reproduce them (by getting blueprints).

> Excellent. We could think of a companion who comes to make up for our shortcomings when we specialize on a specific build. Whether it's a robot, a drone - like the one we use with the aldecaldos - an artificial intelligence, or simply going to the afterlife to engage another solo (netrunner etc..).

But still to use this companion system I revert back to what I wrote earlier :
- You need to have a massive game content to be able to use it fully.
- Improve the enemies, their AI and make their different classes useful to be challenged.
- Correct all the game mechanics: Classes, specialization, leveling, skills, Implants etc...

> How did you get your character stuck on the roof ? As you know, you have 4 possible leg cyberware :

- A double jump
- A charged jump
- Less noise (which is currently useless)
- Thruster

None of them allowed you to come down ?

From my POV this is not as much a short-termism and shortcoming in decision-making education but more of aiming too high, making too many promises, biased perception, and yes, lack of large-scale experience. Please mind: obviously all of those can overlap.

- REDS promised to deliver the game that would work on the old generation of consoles. They already took money from people with pre-orders. So when next-gen gone live their deadline for delivery got solid. They could not have really worked for 1-2 more years. I mean: perhaps they should, but this would already make significant number of their potential clients gone mad, and their image would suffer all the same. They had to go for release, and they had to release fast.

- REDS promised to deliver branching stories... And they did. The thing is that the branching is pretty limited and insignificant.
Like the choice between killing Royce up front, and getting his Chaos gun; or letting him live, and potentially getting Dum Dum gun later. Or like keeping Skippy just for it to get angry at You vs. giving it back to Regina and losing it vs. lying that You are going to give it back, but actually keeping it. Or like letting Takemura die and being forced to suffer Hellman by the end.
Some of the branches are not exclusive - which is exactly the case with the endings.
You can go for Arasaka/Hanako ending without ever getting close to Panam or without investing into Johny's line of quests. Doing additional questlines truly opens new options to You, but the thing is that You can do all the questlines, and then select from all the endings within the same game.
And we can easily see that REDS had originally intended to offer even more in the main part of the game. There are so many undeveloped paths, dialogues, places, and items that this is quite obvious to me that they had *planned* for player's choices to be real. Why this has not been delivered? Let's be serious, we can't say that this is because people who developed a single game for c. 7 years were aiming for a quick cash grab. This is because at first they started with *an ambitious vision*, then they were adding new ideas to make this vision even better, and then... Then at certain point they have understood that they wanted too much, and that in order to go with their initial plans they would need at least 7 more years - or something like 7 times that many programmers. And at that time they were probably already aware that premiere of PS5 was approaching pretty soon. So they had to decide: what should be cut off, what should be reduced in scope, what should be saved for later. Consequences of decisions made by player were an instant choice. At least some of the dropped ideas will probably return in DLCs.

- In a similar way, this is still possible for them to significantly improve some of the game mechanics and options. Police is acting awkward? Yes, it is - but this is RPG rather than GTA. You can play through the whole game without provoking NCPD once, and this will not make Your experience inadequate. So REDS decided to focus on shooting, or on brawling, or maybe just on PS4 optimization instead of making police encounters better. And guess what, they can still easily fix that with patches or DLCs in the future. Just like they can easily add a subway/train that is explicitly promised in-game with NCART webpages. And this is the same cut off functionality as with crowds of pedestrians and cars that are travelling back and forth or appearing and disappearing randomly as V is turning around. So this was the REDS *decision*: if this was relatively *minor* for RPG game, and if there was still an option to easily add/fix it afterwards... Then let's deliver the game *on time*, even though "incomplete". And then make it complete afterwards. Was it the right decision? Well, I don't know, but this was a tough one for sure. Either way *some* of the promises would be broken, and they probably genuinely believed that they are choosing the "lesser" wrong.

- Now, about the initial issue with old-gen consoles... That was pretty bad. But even so... Personally, I don't think this was out of malice. Deliberately cheating on promises, hiding broken product from reviewers, expecting that people would be buying well-advertised game despite poor opinion of their peers? Possible, but I just *don't think so*. I believe that they were so high on their own legend that they believed that they were able to deliver. That they had neglected warnings from the bottom-tier programmers taking them for naysayers. With their wishful thinking decision-makers were prone to believe to medium-level and top-level managers that were much more neutral, and much more ambiguous in their communication. I am almost sure that shortly prior to the release they had relatively stable version of the game for PS4 and XB1. But they wanted to deliver on their promises, so they asked their employees to try harder and to make the game look *better*. And the programmers tried. They were improving the game until Hour 0, which resulted in poor testing and thus complete disaster immediately after the release. Please note, they have then published patch 1.04 in such a short time that this means one of two things: either they have reverted to the previous/stable version of the game; or they have already had those fixes *almost* ready, and just missed a couple of days to include them in the core code. Probably a mix of both. Does it make it right? No, this means that they got disconnected with reality, and were unable to identify and accept their problems on time. Human thing. And they are paying for this dearly ever since.

> I understand that you can see it that way but you have to see it from a professional point of view and not from a gamer's point of view.
My clients are mostly international, for some of them I am willing to bet that you use their services for their products. What I can assure you as a professional is that there is a generalization of short term vision within management units/shareholders. I know decision-makers who are exceptions and who can be described as visionary for some, but they can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Sometimes I even feel like I'm interacting with children. However, I don't complain because it's this attitude that allows me to have more work. :D

You're talking about "too many promises, biased perception, and yes, lack of large-scale experience" and who do you think made those decisions ? Let's imagine, I'm the manager of a company that makes airplanes, I decide to put staff with a lack of experience to have an ambitious aircraft. I communicate aggressively about its capabilities on paper. After a chaotic internal production and tests judged insufficient, I still decide that the airplane should be delivered as soon as possible for short-term reasons, even if it impacts customers and users. At the first takeoff, it crashes. Who is responsible ?

This is why there is a period of prototyping, design offices, several rigorous tests etc... It is a failure at the management level.

After the lack of experience is to be nuanced because when I play, from my point of view, I feel more like a lack of time. The teams have worked and you can't take that away from them.

> I agree, what has been cut in part will be reused in the form of updates, free DLC, paid DLC or extensions. It will be faster for them since part of it is already done.

> I disagree with you on the NCPD part. Whether it's a paper RPG or some video games. The authorities have their importance. The player must have a choice and then have consistent consequences.

No one is talking about GTA or a system similar to GTA. RED has added a similar system with stars. Me; I don't provoke NCPD, but other players who make that choice should be able to have the consequences as the game is meant to be an "RPG.

> With regard to the old-gen console, I will answer simply: if you want to please everyone, you don't please anyone.

Otherwise I agree with some elements of your analysis. The main core of the Thread is to answer the question "Game is in this condition, now what suggestions can be made to improve it?". so if you have any suggestions about the game don't hesitate.

Hahah loving it. I basicly did the same, clinging on to the hope that i would stumble upon something truly amazing. After 8 years, and chucking my cold hard cash at the CE, i sorta had no choice but to strugle on(at the very least im going to milk some hours out of it). Im not saying that i didnt have a single moment of fun, its just more on the negative side than pros atm.

Disclaimer : I NEVER pre-order games(They are digital, and will never run out of stock). I usualy wait a couple of months til the game drops in price, and there is enough information out there about it.
But because of my love for The Witcher, and the fact that i resisted the temptation to buy the CE of Wild Hunt. I just went ahead and broke my own rules, just this once.
Lesson learned i guess(hope?).

This is the way to consume that will eventually avoid this kind of situation. Congratulations Choom.

Last edited:
Your suggestion about adding new weapons and manufacturing plans made me think about the fact that V is capable of making high-tech weapons, but is unable by disassembling items from them to reproduce them (by getting blueprints).
Very neat. I like that idea.

Excellent. We could think of a companion who comes to make up for our shortcomings when we specialize on a specific build. Whether it's a robot, a drone - like the one we use with the aldecaldos - an artificial intelligence, or simply going to the afterlife to engage another solo (netrunner etc..).

But still to use this companion system I revert back to what I wrote earlier :
- You need to have a massive game content to be able to use it fully.
- Improve the enemies, their AI and make their different classes useful to be challenged.
- Correct all the game mechanics: Classes, specialization, leveling, skills, Implants etc...

Personally I'd love for my little companion to do things V cant. Look at the flathead. It crawled through air vents. V could use it to collect hidden loot/Easter eggs.

If we bring it onto the battlefield.

It could be upgraded towards solo. Better defense and decent attack. You may have to sacrifice hacking for balancing.

It could be more netrunner. Hacking and then some. This bot will fight stealthfully as it would likely have low health for balancing.

Maybe a third option as a techie. You can give it two or three gadgets. Grenades to use against enemies. Medicine to heal V if nessisary. If you dont like the grenade option, maybe a stun gun?

If your bot gets zeroed, V with decent technical could fix it, or you could pay a techie. Alternatively, you can buy robot repair kit like in fallout 4. Cause let's be honest. You dont wanna run to a techie every time your bot gets zeroed.

The higher your technical the better mods you can make. You could also buy some from a techie like buying weapon mods or quickhacks.

Even if the bot is formidable in combat, V's still gonna have to pull his weight and do a lot of the fighting his/her self. The bot is a companion designed to help V. Not do all the work for him.

Funny enooough... the idea of a lazy techie having bots do literally everything for him is hilarious.

You got bots taking out gangers and completing gigs, and your lowkey chilling on the couch as a bot changes your tv channel for you, and another bot grabs you a drink from the fridge.

How did you get your character stuck on the roof ? As you know, you have 4 possible leg cyberware :

- A double jump
- A charged jump
- Less noise (which is currently useless)
- Thruster

None of them allowed you to come down ?

For reference. The building was that gig for rogue where you get vic Vega. The game will not allow my character to jump. Cant pull my gun out or anything. No jumps either so I cant get off.

I'm jumping onto this building's rooftop thinking I'd rather parkour than run around the building. At the time all my autosave except one were filled with other characters. So I only had one autosave of my character. I'm on this roof a few minutes and the game autosave. The autosave replaces my one good autosave with this character. I didn't realize this until after i saved over my old save file thinking it's a glitch. Reload and jump. Nope! Cant jump at all. And I'm permanently stuck here.

My other nomad is doing fine though. There is a silver lining! On my old account I started out as sword slashing freak ,but later on I focused more on fists. All those blade perks are useless. I also made a few choices I didn't like in some of the missions. Delamain quest for starters. I'm not making those mistakes with nomad 2.0

> I understand that you can see it that way but you have to see it from a professional point of view and not from a gamer's point of view.
Well, I am not trying to say that REDS / decision-makers have made no mistakes. This is obvious they have made a lot. My point is that this was more about lack of experience in working at the scale (much larger project, much larger team, and let's be sincere: COVID-19 situation hardly helped with retaining control and facilitating creative solutions) rather than "short-termism".

After a chaotic internal production and tests judged insufficient, I still decide that the airplane should be delivered as soon as possible for short-term reasons, even if it impacts customers and users. At the first takeoff, it crashes. Who is responsible ?
Ah, but that's much different situation. If this was about building planes then the choice would be between risking money vs. risking human lives (and unfortunately, there had been quite a few companies that chose to risk human lives). In case of REDS this was between risking reputation and money vs. risking reputation and money. The original sin was to aim too high, and to make too many promises. Afterwards this was just damage control, and deciding on *how* to lose reputation and money. REDS decided to reduce quality and to deliver "less" but to deliver on time vs. delivering full quality product with huge delay. This is not short-termism, this is risk calculation. They have already invested a lot of money in the game development, and this is difficult to anticipate for how much longer they would be able to go without publishing CP2077. In 2 years different technologies can exist, and playground can change so much that their 7+2 years of work would become subpar, forcing them to start anew, and to lose 7+2 years worth of work. Etc.

This is why there is a period of prototyping, design offices, several rigorous tests etc... It is a failure at the management level.
Absolutely - they botched that part. Though as per my understanding they spent a lot of time on prototyping, designing, and planning. Probably *too* much time. And this time was partially wasted.

> I disagree with you on the NCPD part. Whether it's a paper RPG or some video games. The authorities have their importance. The player must have a choice and then have consistent consequences.
Well, this is basically the same system they used in tW3. You committed a crime? A bunch of city guards appeared nearby and fell on You. It has never made people unhappy in tW3, so should work in CP2077 as well, right? Well, as we can see: not exactly. Expectations are changing just because RPG was moved from fantasy world into dystopian future. Obviously, this is still a problem, and BTW one that REDS could have easily mask with some clever design (e.g. add some TV auditions about people criticizing NCPD for being a bunch of cowards that are never pursuing ne'er-do-wells; and add an AV in the sky whenever police is triggered to justify them beaming down behind V's back).

> With regard to the old-gen console, I will answer simply: if you want to please everyone, you don't please anyone.
True. And looking back, this is obvious that they should have e.g. split release into PC vs. consoles. Hindsight is always 20/20.

But there is no denying: this is probably their second biggest mistake after promising too much.

The main core of the Thread is to answer the question "Game is in this condition, now what suggestions can be made to improve it?". so if you have any suggestions about the game don't hesitate.
From the management perspective? Well, that's difficult. They should probably be much more open about the communication, and about timelines for patches and improvements. Even if they are not providing precise dates, people would be more amicable if bugs were recognized, and publicly triaged for priority tiers. This would be creating another risk, however, since if some potential buyer sees that the game is going to be fully fixed only in 2023 then one will probably not buy the game yet. And for the next 2 years. And even if REDS *wished* for being fair and square this way, this could result in further sues from company stakeholders, and potentially even in company going bankrupt. So again, this is about tough choices, damage control, and calculated risks.

A pity. This could have easily been a game of the decade, perhaps even more than this. Because of few bad decisions this is "just" a very good game with some lingering potential to become great... In a year or two.

Last edited:
Well, I am not trying to say that REDS / decision-makers have made no mistakes. This is obvious they have made a lot. My point is that this was more about lack of experience in working at the scale (much larger project, much larger team, and let's be sincere: COVID-19 situation hardly helped with retaining control and facilitating creative solutions) rather than "short-termism".

Thanks for your revert, I understand that you may see it that way but from my experience i can't be agree with that. I persist and sign : It is indeed the short-term visions and the management that lead to this situation.

Ah, but that's much different situation. If this was about building planes then the choice would be between risking money vs. risking human lives (and unfortunately, there had been quite a few companies that chose to risk human lives). In case of REDS this was between risking reputation and money vs. risking reputation and money. The original sin was to aim too high, and to make too many promises. Afterwards this was just damage control, and deciding on *how* to lose reputation and money. REDS decided to reduce quality and to deliver "less" but to deliver on time vs. delivering full quality product with huge delay. This is not short-termism, this is risk calculation. They have already invested a lot of money in the game development, and this is difficult to anticipate for how much longer they would be able to go without publishing CP2077. In 2 years different technologies can exist, and playground can change so much that their 7+2 years of work would become subpar, forcing them to start anew, and to lose 7+2 years worth of work. Etc.

It's an analogy to help you understand simply that the source of problems comes from management. I could have taken your thousands of real cases, you shouldn't take it at face value. All the decisions to be taken were made by the management units, which led them to have to make a choice that you describe. But this is the last step in a long decision-making process that has been going on for years.

But as we say in France: Choosing is living and choosing is sacrificing something.

Absolutely - they botched that part. Though as per my understanding they spent a lot of time on prototyping, designing, and planning. Probably *too* much time. And this time was partially wasted.

As prototyping is a complex process, I cannot comment from above. Everything is possible.

True. And looking back, this is obvious that they should have e.g. split release into PC vs. consoles. Hindsight is always 20/20.

But there is no denying: this is probably their second biggest mistake after promising too much.

I would even say the first one because it looks like deception to console players. It's unacceptable to provide a result like that to your clients when it could have been largely avoided. Especially when you say you want to make the best game in the world.

From the management perspective?

I agree with you that said on the transparency part.
Rather on desired suggestions/improvements to your gaming experience. :D
Post automatically merged:

Personally I'd love for my little companion to do things V cant. Look at the flathead. It crawled through air vents. V could use it to collect hidden loot/Easter eggs.

If we bring it onto the battlefield.

It could be upgraded towards solo. Better defense and decent attack. You may have to sacrifice hacking for balancing.

It could be more netrunner. Hacking and then some. This bot will fight stealthfully as it would likely have low health for balancing.

Maybe a third option as a techie. You can give it two or three gadgets. Grenades to use against enemies. Medicine to heal V if nessisary. If you dont like the grenade option, maybe a stun gun?

If your bot gets zeroed, V with decent technical could fix it, or you could pay a techie. Alternatively, you can buy robot repair kit like in fallout 4. Cause let's be honest. You dont wanna run to a techie every time your bot gets zeroed.

The higher your technical the better mods you can make. You could also buy some from a techie like buying weapon mods or quickhacks.

Even if the bot is formidable in combat, V's still gonna have to pull his weight and do a lot of the fighting his/her self. The bot is a companion designed to help V. Not do all the work for him.

Funny enooough... the idea of a lazy techie having bots do literally everything for him is hilarious.

You got bots taking out gangers and completing gigs, and your lowkey chilling on the couch as a bot changes your tv channel for you, and another bot grabs you a drink from the fridge.

I find the suggestion excellent. Besides, what is the interest of militech to have this type of single-use fighting robot? Is it supposed to be a kamikaze robot ? Because I find it particularly effective. Especially coupled with different specialists.

For reference. The building was that gig for rogue where you get vic Vega. The game will not allow my character to jump. Cant pull my gun out or anything. No jumps either so I cant get off.

I'm jumping onto this building's rooftop thinking I'd rather parkour than run around the building. At the time all my autosave except one were filled with other characters. So I only had one autosave of my character. I'm on this roof a few minutes and the game autosave. The autosave replaces my one good autosave with this character. I didn't realize this until after i saved over my old save file thinking it's a glitch. Reload and jump. Nope! Cant jump at all. And I'm permanently stuck here.

My other nomad is doing fine though. There is a silver lining! On my old account I started out as sword slashing freak ,but later on I focused more on fists. All those blade perks are useless. I also made a few choices I didn't like in some of the missions. Delamain quest for starters. I'm not making those mistakes with nomad 2.0

I can see what kind of quest it is. It's really bad luck. But you see the cup half full rather than half empty. :p
"The game will not allow my character to jump. Cant pull my gun out or anything. No jumps either so I cant get off." It's a bug that appeared during the quest ?

Last edited:
I find the suggestion excellent. Besides, what is the interest of militech to have this type of single-use fighting robot? Is it supposed to be a kamikaze robot ? Because I find it particularly effective. Especially coupled with different specialists.

That would be neat to have little kamikaze bots that would serve as grenades but they specifically target an opponent. Essentially making it like a smart grenade. Maybe it could go in a weapon slot like throwing knife. A companion bot may require a frontal cortex cyberware, and activating/deactivating it would take your grenade slot like the heart pump.

The kamikaze bot could be neat, but I'm partial to one use equipment. I'd rather have a companion bot that did decent damage fight after fight after fight. Rather than take out one big threat quickly. I could see militech using it to infiltrate hostile bases and kill enemy netrunner. Possibly put viruses on their net killing any of their gang members connected.

My character.. the lvl 34 nomad I'm playing has four main weapons. Gorilla arms for close combat. A ba xing Chong smart shotgun for mid range. A db-2 satara for those annoying tygers. My ace weapon(s) are my non-lethal quickhacks. Okay so synapse burnout is lethal but that's my only lethal one. The other quickhacks are (epic) shortcircuit, overheat, contagion, system reset, and (rare) ping, synapse burnout.

Why am I bringing this up? Being a netrunner, but also a techie I'd rather my bot gear towards techie for some neat tech abilities to combo with my stealth hacking. Though double hacking could be very nasty and potentially pretty op as heck. Just thinking about it makes me wanna level intelligence faster so I can craft legendary quickhacks for those crazy passive abilities.

I can see what kind of quest it is. It's really bad luck. But you see the cup half full rather than half empty. :p
"The game will not allow my character to jump. Cant pull my gun out or anything. No jumps either so I cant get off." It's a bug that appeared during the quest ?

Did not happen during the quest but long after I accomplished it. I simply decided to double jump on the roof and found him unable to jump back off. A whoopsies. Funny enough I could screenshot him. I didn't delete him. He's still in purgatory.

Last edited:
That would be neat to have little kamikaze bots that would serve as grenades but they specifically target an opponent. Essentially making it like a smart grenade. Maybe it could go in a weapon slot like throwing knife. A companion bot may require a frontal cortex cyberware, and activating/deactivating it would take your grenade slot like the heart pump.

The kamikaze bot could be neat, but I'm partial to one use equipment. I'd rather have a companion bot that did decent damage fight after fight after fight. Rather than take out one big threat quickly. I could see militech using it to infiltrate hostile bases and kill enemy netrunner. Possibly put viruses on their net killing any of their gang members connected.

My character.. the lvl 34 nomad I'm playing has four main weapons. Gorilla arms for close combat. A ba xing Chong smart shotgun for mid range. A db-2 satara for those annoying tygers. My ace weapon(s) are my non-lethal quickhacks. Okay so synapse burnout is lethal but that's my only lethal one. The other quickhacks are (epic) shortcircuit, overheat, contagion, system reset, and (rare) ping, synapse burnout.

Why am I bringing this up? Being a netrunner, but also a techie I'd rather my bot gear towards techie for some neat tech abilities to combo with my stealth hacking. Though double hacking could be very nasty and potentially pretty op as heck. Just thinking about it makes me wanna level intelligence faster so I can craft legendary quickhacks for those crazy passive abilities.

This is really a very good suggestion. Cd Projekt should seriously study it, even if it would mean reviewing some current aspects of the game with enough content to enjoy it fully.

I would actually prefer a robot/drone that I improve over time. Especially thanks to tech, in order to make some parts, repair it or replace some modules. Compared to a kamikaze or single-use robot. We can regret this aspect in the universe in which we evolve: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Robotics.
I also note the poverty of the different models of robots/drones present in the game.

"there is no replayability"
*looks at 451 hours steam record*
i guess thats subjective

Yes, I guess it's subjective and based only on what the player is looking for.
On my third run I was surprised to discover new paths in the quests. Whether it was a sequence of actions, choosing the right phrase or completing certain tasks at the right time.

I would actually prefer a robot/drone that I improve over time. Especially thanks to tech, in order to make some parts, repair it or replace some modules. Compared to a kamikaze or single-use robot. We can regret this aspect in the universe in which we evolve:

I also would like to upgrade it over the time. Like upgrading Vs cyberware or upgrading a weapon.

Theres tons of ways to upgrade a robot.

Upgrade its legs to allow it to run faster or latch onto enemies.

Upgrade parts inside the robot with better parts to allow it to be more accurate or more durable.

If the robot can stun people then maybe it can put them to sleep or increase the radius thus allowing the robot to stun multiple people.

These are a few examples of course.

I like talking about fallout 4. Have you played that before? The robot customization in fallout 4 is really cool. If cyberpunk could adopt something similar, that would be epic.

I have to say, when I first booted the game and entered the bar with a broken nose as a street kid I thought and felt like the streets were going to be fierce and dangerous. Rowdy bars and back-alleys. Unfortunately that perception fades quickly as you wander the streets and everything is safe, calm and friendly.

I wish there were more substance to the street kid and corpo beginning mission. Most people here is the forums here seem to strongly favor the street kid path. Which the why seems obvious. Street kids are cool! Though I like those mad max roadhogs aka nomads. Big cars, fast bikes, loud engines and an even bigger middle finger to those f***ing corpo fatcats.

Oddly enough, I love the idea of being an ambitious, pretentious ,and cutthroat corpo. Being a corpo is like gambling with your life. You either rise through promotions or get zeroed in the process, and everyone has their hands dirty and won't hesitate to get you zeroed if they benefit.

Technically just living in night City is a gamble. You could be a janitor or retail worker at Jinguji or somewhere and get killed by a random cyber Phsycho that for no reason walked in your store and went on a murder spree, but I've rambled on enough...

I'm bringing this up because the corpo and street kid beginning mission feel kinda boring compared to the awesome nomad opening. Like the nomads had a really cool beginning mission. It's still one of my favorites even compared to some of the later missions.

Street kid is at a regularly attended bar. Meets up with a loan shark. Fails to steal a car. That's it.

Corpo is a little better but still bleh. Your in this beautiful corporate tower and the whole corpo experience before it's all ripped away from you is just cool. I loved being a corpo for a brief moment. In the corpo life path, its my assumption you have dirt on a rival, but your rival pulls a reverse uno and your out of a corpo job.

Nomads. Let's talk about that mission! Your on the outskirts of night City. You ditched your clan. Game never tells you why bakkers joined the f***ing snake nation. Your family is gone before the game even started. That sucks, but you run to this town because your looking for your partner. You get off on a bad start with the sheriff, and you decide to call someone from your old clan to help you out one last time. You meet up and you got contraband! You stop at a checkpoint. Speak with a customs officer and you seemingly managed to sneak contraband past them. No wait! It's a trap! Drive Jackie! Drive! Your in a high speed car chase. Enjoy this moment while it lasts because you won't be doing this much. You manage to shake off the chasers and hide away in a remote garage. You open the contraband and inside is a iguana. Great way to end the mission.

The other life paths in my opinion don't have as cool of an opening.

Personally, I wish there were more things exclusive to each life path. It would be neat if each life path had a quest line just for their life path. This would be amazing because you'd be motivated to play all three life paths.

Top Bottom