Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the constant clamoring 4 months after the release, guess that's how you measure the success of a videogame in 2021 ... by the amount of faux hate it receives.

"Faux" hate? You will find "hate" against anything on the internet, particularly games. In this case, the game in question was launched in an shockingly poor state and customers, like myself, are not happy about it, so attempting to gaslight them is probably not the best idea.

Really? my wife absolutely hates it, finds it boring af

Even our cat falls asleep, while watching me play it. 🙀
Post automatically merged:

Ok im done waiting. I bought on launch and couldnt even play 20 hours. The frame dips make me literally sick, and i still cant play more than 30 min without my xbox freezing. I understand youve had issues but to expect me to wait yet ANOTHER month to play a game i purchased in dec is ridiculous. I was denied a refund once so i guess my next question is who can i report these guys to because they took my money on false promises and havent made it playable 2 months later.

ACCC

Pretty sure he was accepting of the fact that the game is delayed. What he was saying was that some peoples expectations and standards are extremely low. Any other industry that delivers a broken product (not even gonna bring up the promises and delays) is held accountable, as per his example (the auto industry.)

With that said, why do we hold the gaming industry (and CDPR) to such low standards comparatively? It really doesn't make any sense. If we all held firm collectively and held the industry to a higher standard it would not be acceptable to release broken products that need to be patched a billion times to bring them to a mediocre baseline.

You can look at the first two pages of this thread to see plenty of people accepting of eating a poop sandwich and ready to ask for seconds and thirds. "Thank you, may I have another?" I really don't mean any offense to anybody. I think at the end of the day, we all want the same thing: Cyberpunk 2077 to be a world class game.

I can still remember times, where games got released, without any need for patches afterwards, as they were working straight out of the box !

Awesome, I know ... 🤯

Pretty sure he was accepting of the fact that the game is delayed. What he was saying was that some peoples expectations and standards are extremely low. Any other industry that delivers a broken product (not even gonna bring up the promises and delays) is held accountable, as per his example (the auto industry.)

With that said, why do we hold the gaming industry (and CDPR) to such low standards comparatively? It really doesn't make any sense. If we all held firm collectively and held the industry to a higher standard it would not be acceptable to release broken products that need to be patched a billion times to bring them to a mediocre baseline.

You can look at the first two pages of this thread to see plenty of people accepting of eating a poop sandwich and ready to ask for seconds and thirds. "Thank you, may I have another?" I really don't mean any offense to anybody. I think at the end of the day, we all want the same thing: Cyberpunk 2077 to be a world class game.

I can still remember times, where games got released, without any need for patches afterwards, as they were working straight out of the box !

Awesome, I know ... 🤯
You both do realize game companies work on several projects at the same time right?
Also, the company was just victim of a criminal act, and as it seems, tons of documents and vital information is leaked online. With no company, no games at all, so instead..why not focus that anger on the people that committed the hack?

Why not be angry at CDPR, for having such weak security measures ?

Our informations could get hacked and leaked next !

There is NO excuse for that !

Awesome, I know ... 🤯
You both do realize game companies work on several projects at the same time right?
Also, the company was just victim of a criminal act, and as it seems, tons of documents and vital information is leaked online. With no company, no games at all, so instead..why not focus that anger on the people that committed the hack?

Why not be angry at CDPR, for having such weak security measures ?

Our informations could get hacked and leaked next !

There is NO excuse for that !
Why don't you release a 1.15 patch with the fixes that are ready?
Also, you should reward your loyal fans, especially those who bought the game in gog day 1 (or preordered), who did not ask for a refund. You should start reclaiming your fans' trust.
Stop the excuses, fix the game, earn back our trust.

Yeah, I agree with that !

I had a look into "The Witcher 3", but the setting didn't appeal to me, but it success and the good reputation it gave CDPR, made me pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 for the XBox One X and even with all the issues on the consoles, I still bought the PC-Version of it, because there were so many forgiving PC-Player's, that I thought that it's in a much better state, but straight with my first try to start-up the game, I ended-up flatlined and I already regret, that I wasted even more money on it !

They will have to dig deep, to get me coming back for their next Non-Witcher-Game, if there will be one !

Except CDPR is not in business to change the demographics and alter the gaming landscape. They are in it to make money and that means giving existing players what they want, not to cater to what some future demo looks like. It's not like all those women who never game are instantly going to flock to CP2077 if you wave a sexy dick and some story at them.

It might suck, and maybe companies should go after women harder (no pun intended). But from a purely business decision, focusing more on male romance options does make some sense. I'm just talking about what *is*, not what ought to be.

Maybe join a gaming community, like "The Older Gamers" and realise, that the amount of female gamers is much higher, than You thought.

I'm married to a Gamer-Girl myself and widening your playerbase, equals higher profits and it's rather stupid, to not trying to appeal to females as well.

Except CDPR is not in business to change the demographics and alter the gaming landscape. They are in it to make money and that means giving existing players what they want, not to cater to what some future demo looks like. It's not like all those women who never game are instantly going to flock to CP2077 if you wave a sexy dick and some story at them.

It might suck, and maybe companies should go after women harder (no pun intended). But from a purely business decision, focusing more on male romance options does make some sense. I'm just talking about what *is*, not what ought to be.

Maybe join a gaming community, like "The Older Gamers" and realise, that the amount of female gamers is much higher, than You thought.

I'm married to a Gamer-Girl myself and widening your playerbase, equals higher profits and it's rather stupid, to not trying to appeal to females as well.
For the people commenting with " Just give us more - release the ******** already " etc etc.
The company was hacked, and information is leaked and sold.

At this point in time, they will and should be focused on dealing with that first, because if not, any number of further problems can go wrong. DLC´s could be in jeopardy, further games could be as well, company employees may be targeted due to personal information being leaked and more.

Just give that a thought before demanding things, or calling them names.
If your house was robbed, would you just ignore that to give everyone else what they need?

Beside, that the Network-Security etc, isn't handled by the Game-Devs.

For good reason as well, they're not petty (unless they're unreasonable like expecting a full system overhaul or a new story line), people just expect a working product which quite a few did not receive.

Like I've been mentioning, if the game was released in a reasonably working condition across the board the media narrative would have been quite different.

A bitter sweet ending to an overall amazing story build on a shaky, buggy and generally unstable foundation is the straw that broke the camel's back for some people, the fact that the sandbox barely reacts to the player's input is another (AI issues mostly).

I don't think those two are petty at all.

That reminds me of the drama about Arma-3, where I bought the Supporter-Edition or how it was called back then and ended-up playing it for only 20 hours or so.

I can see the reason for the delay, especially if the hack severely disrupted their systems and remote access. Given, as some said, remote access is a keystone at the moment with so many staff working from home, it would've been a been a big disruption. If the hackers goal was not just to make money but to punish the company, then they've also punished the players too. So we the players become collaterial damage in their nefarious game. GG...not.

On the bright side. No updates for some time means there's lots of time for modders to create and release a lot more mods during this pause.

Since I now play with a lot of fantastic mods (75 and counting) - go check the CP modders forums or their discords - I've stopped being upset and started enjoying the game.

But that doesn't help console player's.

We also have a pandemic, and it has slowed down the world all and all.

Really, this constant complaints about them not being fast enough or good enough is really getting old. As for your comment on what was released and what people have given. Think about that another second at least.

You payed what...60 bucks for the game, and then, you sat down and waited.

The company has now lost millions of dollars, and their source codes are on the dark web, already sold as reported.
Do you have any idea on just the amount of financial crisis just one of these hacks caused CDPR, let alone two + all the staff information leaked?

All this, but a customer that sat and waited for the release should be prioritized over the crime and stolen property?
I hope you never experience having anything stolen, but if you ever do lose your phone or a car, give a second to imagine being CDPR right now.

It's CDPR responsibility, to keep their and our data save, so why should we be forgiving that they were cheapskates, when it came down to network / cybersecurity ?

We could be the ones, dealing with the fallout of this !

The alternative is them giving information and having people dissect every single word over the next month and then these same persons will start having issues with that information as well because XYZ reason and complaining about it for a month. Doesn't strike me as any better.

Furthermore, if they fail to deliver on a single one of those bullet points they'll get crucified again. Again, doesn't strike me as any better.

Remind me again why they should give us any information beyond "it's the biggest yet"?

The simple truth is that people should expect very little. They've delivered very little in terms of patches so far and there is, at this point, no reason to believe that 1.2 will be any different. People need to learn to temper their expectations and they won't be as disappointed.

Why don't they open a PTR ?

Last edited:
In some ways you want people to keep talking about CP. If people did stop. That means they basically stopped caring about the game. Moved on to something else. Which can easily just kill it. The patches are very important. I'm sick of the endless bugs and stupid nonsense. These should be relegated to Zyngsys funny bug videos. Not endless threads. But the longer it's off the PS store and fixing only bugs. General people will stop reading news etc. on it. And when they finally make DLC. Most will ignore it. Or be in the mind set of: "This didn't add missing X. Don't care." I uninstalled the game. There's nothing for me to do. I'm not gonna play the game. When they're just fixing bugs. Need content.

I wonder if they will patch the item cloning bug and speed exploit on patch 1.2?

I guess the dev has to handle bugs and exploits like this, especially in single player game because people tend to get pissed when it gets patched. In multiplayer it will get patched immediately.

Notable example is Final Fantasy 7's W-Item duplication bug...

Why don't they open a PTR ?

Don't ask me! I can't answer that. Ask CDPR.

Joking aside it could be a good idea but I don't see it happening. CDPR has definitely committed to absolute silence about the game. I can't fully fault them on that but we are still a far cry from the open/direct/honest communication that Marcin Iwiński said they wanted to have in their commitment to quality video.

This game is an absolute work of art. Everything beautiful has flaws. Don't get jaded by the naysayers. All I see is potential for more. This is seriously the most immersive and incredible gaming experience I've ever had. I'm only on my third playthrough, and the possibilities still seem endless. I still haven't tried a completely nonlethal run yet, but that's next (Sorry, but I just can't seem to stop myself from beating Fingers into jelly. It's a matter of principle.),

Keep it up, folks. You have created something wonderful. One suggestion--Can we get more Miles Davis on the radio? On the Corner is my jam.

Don't ask me! I can't answer that. Ask CDPR.

Joking aside it could be a good idea but I don't see it happening. CDPR has definitely committed to absolute silence about the game. I can't fully fault them on that but we are still a far cry from the open/direct/honest communication that Marcin Iwiński said they wanted to have in their commitment to quality video.

It would be a benefit for everyone, to have a PTR especially if they want to support the game for some time to come, but yeah, it seems pretty unlikely now.

Just wondering if anyone had any real idea of what the next patch should include? I expect and think I've seen some news articles suggesting it would further increase performance on console, but as I'm a PC gamer I have a real hope that we won't be ignored. There are certainly a few quests that need a bug fix, but I'm actually mostly concerned with graphical fixes. I also could have sworn I saw something about UI updates in the announcement of the delay, but if there *was* anything it seems to have been edited out.

I haven't heard anything about the update. I am expecting it to be mostly focused on last gen consoles. Not to say pc and current gen won't get some improvements. I play on pc as well, and I would very much appreciate a performance and stability update. Among many many many other things...........

Anyways, I am not holding my breath. I have a bad feeling about this game and CDPR.

There is a thread about 1.2 already. Basically no one knows but main thing for CDP right now is to fix a game to the point where its playable at PS4. So for sure fix some performance issues. There is a long list of bugged quests, music, missing dialogues, duplicated items and broken skills which should also be solved in a mayor patch 3 months after game release.

If we are super lucky, we should maybe see some improvement in respawning crowd and cars...

Have they told us a bit about what to expect with that patch? The time they need for patches is horrible. The information we get is non existent. Very very bad.
For example are they working at least a tiny bit on the traffic or the AI?

"Faux" hate? You will find "hate" against anything on the internet, particularly games. In this case, the game in question was launched in an shockingly poor state and customers, like myself, are not happy about it, so attempting to gaslight them is probably not the best idea.
I had to look up that phrase as I was not familiar with it.
Kind of an odd expression seeing as how the subject here is a game.
One can like or dislike the game for what it has to offer (or not), but how can one "hate" the game? If anything its the company that created it that would be subject to this right?

Btw, this is not specifically directed to the post(er) I quoted.

Ah yes, he also promised no more delays. Yet here we are :coolstory:
Some things are simply not in their control I reckon.
Would not be a fair assessment to blame them for what a bunch of attackers have wrought.

We still have one and a half weeks - two weeks to go till next update. They will drop info. But my guess would be what the initial roadmap suggested, performance and stability for consoles, Maybe some small QOL improvements. But then again, we all might get an unexpected surprise.

One can like or dislike the game for what it has to offer (or not), but how can one "hate" the game? If anything its the company that created it that would be subject to this right?
Hate the game, hate the studio, or hate a certain person. Doesn't really matter. Overall, the leaders who run the company are at fault. They allowed the marketing and interviewed employees to speak and do false advertisement. Over selling the game in many areas. So much money was spent. But they didn't take a proper look at what they should copy from other games. And what standards they have to meet, to actually be a high quality game. It was multiple screw ups in areas that made the game fall apart.

It was probably also complacency. We can write amazing stories. After they blew it out with Witcher 3. They had hoped the story would resonate enough. So that the bad areas would be forgotten about, or get a pass. But they under estimated the gaps and shortcuts towards the story that people had problems with it. It's the same reason why V was not the driving force in the game. The awe of Reeves in the game. Would be what people want to see. They didn't give V a chance to play alone. Johnny, I think, would have worked much better. If CP 2077 was a sequel to a game before it. Where V did what they set out to do first. Than got thrown into Johnny's mess.

Other aspects damaged this character building. Such as no cut scenes. This is not a debate on first or third person nonsense. There's reasons why video games. Once they reached a technical point in doing them. Where we got cut scenes done all the time. We need to see the player character. Detailed narrative games can't be just done with a voice.

We still have one and a half weeks - two weeks to go till next update.
The last news mentioned that devs still cannot access their development tools.
And there were no news about resolving all issues, if I'm not mistaken.

Meaning the next update can be about delaying patches even further.

It would be a benefit for everyone, to have a PTR especially if they want to support the game for some time to come, but yeah, it seems pretty unlikely now.
If they decide to go forward with multiplayer CP2077, and I assume they will, they can get benefit from doing a PTR. For the solo game, I would not bother, as the multiplayer game will replace it, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom