Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
So that reminds me...have they informed players on the contents of these patches before release like their statement noted? There's a separate thread regarding the next patch and everyone there seems to be in the dark.

Nope. Absolute radio silence since they informed us they had to delay the patch. First they promised too much, now they seem to be afraid to even communicate with their community in any capacity....

I shouldn't have been centered around V dying but rather V overcoming the biochip and finding a way to survive. The endings were sad but not beautiful, they were the opposite of that

nah I think that would've been too hollywood or fantasy for this world
Post automatically merged:

I have, and all i seen is devs talks about how game is and journalists twisting devs words into something else. There are some minor features that were removed if you ONLY listen to what the devs actually say and most of those are balance issues which i personally understand as a game developer.

They said in the promos that night city will be the most believable open world ever, with npc's having entire day night cycles and lives. In reality, all they do is walk back and forth and despawn when you turn around. Red dead 2 for example has npc's with those real lives. They leave their house, go to work, go to the bar in the evening, then go home at night

Last edited:
Yes but its really hard to compare those two games. Most of towns in RDR2 have like 15 houses and 30 NPCs. Its nicely done but scale is so much different. You cant program hundreds of NPCs to do that, although I agree that they could improve crowd behaviour a bit - less frequent 180 turns and respawn and I`ll be happy.

Game looks amazing for me but surely it needs improvements.

I really do think that Cyberpunk will be GOTY for PC after bug fixes.

Also I am happy that CD Projekt is dealing well with the lawsuits and hope there will be no bad impact. We already see a great improvement after patch 1.1 and more is yet to come.

Which calendar year would that qualify under, if they finish fixing this by 2023?

Spending 50 hours to save your character from dying and then have the game go "HAHA SIKE BITCH!" in the last 20 minutes isn't preferable.

Well I for one had very strong feelings throughout that it's worth a shot, but V probably cannot be saved...especially with all the bonding opportunities with johnny. It was looking like I would meet my fate either making peace with johnny, or without. So it didn't feel like a fake out to me, just a realistic conclusion

Yes but its really hard to compare those two games. Most of towns in RDR2 have like 15 houses and 30 NPCs. Its nicely done but scale is so much different. You cant program hundreds of NPCs to do that, although I agree that they could improve crowd behaviour a bit - less frequent 180 turns and respawn and I`ll be happy.

I wasn't really comparing the two games. I was just giving a real example of the non-existent NPC day/night cycle CDPR promised, actually existing in another game. I mean no one asked for this feature in cyberpunk. It's a very rare thing. So why did they promise it? All this did was amp up the hype and increase expectations tenfold. Naturally gamers started believing this will be a truly next gen open world.

With regard to what's technically possible, let me bring up another example - watch dogs legion, which not only has thousands of NPC's going about their day/night cycles in bustling london, but somehow they are all potentially playable characters as well. Yes, they are just variations of a few archetypes, but it's impressive nonetheless.

So then why isn't it possible for night city to have at least realistically behaving NPC's? Instead of what we have now - zombies walking a few feet back and forth all day, who permanently get stuck in 1 cowering animation at the first sight of violence. Even when it rains, no one even reacts. In all other open world games, they pull out umbrellas or start running for cover...

Last edited:
Your commitment to quality should start by having a client support,and way to contact developers about their work in progress when u sold a software as a final version game in the market,not a big tease of hook n fish timestory

Hi .how this roadmap and word shown and said turn and get constitution ,please, since updated at 01 .29, and declared 01.13 ?
Any virtual news ?
Thank if it s not to rude

I bought the older generation version, saw reviewers tolerate roleplaying well-known bugs and slaughter this game,

I have heard very few people, however, grasp all the references to the cyberpunk of the 80s and 90s, to the literature and cinematography contained in the game, as a lover of the genre I can say with certainty that it is the best cyberpunk themed game released so far,
cyberpunk is an increasingly declining subculture with too few genre lovers and this video game truly embodies all the legacy of William Gibson and the cyber of the 80s.

I am really disappointed that few have focused on this topic

Icona di Verificata con community

Last edited:
in this forum there are tons of threads where poeple discuss the Cyberpunk classics and their reflection in the game and are actually a bit pissed off that in fact many of the quintessential Cyberpunk topics and the whole attitude are not really properly adressed in the game.

This game is like the legacy of Gibson and the original series of Cyberpunk combined in a body that is stuffed with faulty chrome and cyberware to a point it became fubar.
I disagree but I guess it's a matter of taste,

in many details of this game I find citations of cyberpunk works and I really like this every time it happens

I think we are trying to forcibly find errors in order to be able to criticize it

if this game had been called deus ex 5 or fallout 5, it would not have suffered all this criticism

It feels like, if you were "Committed" to quality, you wouldn't have done so much work, before your game released, to prevent people from seeing just how horrible quality your game was, and then released it in that state, maybe the thing you're commited to is your bottomline, and your income, and quality come a far down the line hundreth, behind investors, board members, but hey, atleast your commitment to quality is higher than your commitment to your customers or your QA staff and all the people who likely screamed at you to *not* release the game yet, and that it wasn't ready.

I wonder, how commited would you have been to quality, if you had gotten away with this? Oh wait, you did, because people seem to be buying your bullshit.

But, hey, thanks for the announcement, I'm still lacking an *actual* apology from the company that isn't just kicking the can down. Or you know, you actually releasing the game you promised on the box, and all the DLC, and FLC....oh wait, that's not happening, because...Oh, right, your "commitment to quality"

I disagree but I guess it's a matter of taste,

in many details of this game I find citations of cyberpunk works and I really like this every time it happens

I think we are trying to forcibly find errors in order to be able to criticize it

if this game had been called deus ex 5 or fallout 5, it would not have suffered all this criticism
I completely agree with you, there are whole parts that they are making nods to "sprawl trilogy" that clear that I'm surprised that Gibson didn't asked for royalties.

Interesting that the group strategy update they talk about 'fly wheel' notion in regards how Witcher games built momentum and said the same aim for Cyberpunk. I'd argue the current reputation of the game and the atrocious endings don't do much to build much momentum for the franchise. Hopefully when the expansions finally emerge i guess in 2022 (since they aren't on 2021 roadmap) that they can rework these drag factors and re-instill momentum in the franchise.

After the mega great patch 1.2 with hotfix, with all the errors that the testers did not notice according to their words for December 10, 2020.
Are you going to make an announcement of the current state of the game?
at least what they think to change... the lack of AI ? 1/3 missing functional perks ? responsive traffic ? unfinished mechanics ?

radio silence ?

Last edited:
Great example of a prepared corporate statement covering for a poor product and lack of empathy with their customers. I was so looking forward to this game after the great marketing campaign and the track record with the witcher series. I had it for christmas but decided to wait for the patches after reading all the horrible reviews online. Started playing it a week ago and I can't believe how poor it is. The glitches are bad but there are far worse problems with storyline, pacing, immersion, 15 year old looking graphics, terrible design of the city and buildings. I could keep going. The game is in such a rush to get to Keanu Reeves that you don't get a proper introduction into the city or how everything works or how to play. Some big moments in your characters story happen at the start but you feel no connection to any of it. The city is also so sparsely designed, it looks so basic that you can't get immersed. Can't stress enough how disappointed I am. Clearly they knew this game wasn't ready and the base console version that I have was clearly made as an afterthought even though most gamers are still on these machines. I will NEVER purchase another game from studio. You should be ashamed of yourselves

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed there are still plans to release major (paid/story) DLCs for Cyberpunk 2077? I see that standalone multiplayer has now been scrapped and it seems unclear if it'll be incorporated into the main game at any point, and looking through past statements it doesn't seem clear if major DLC is still in the roadmap at all, even if only for 2022 or later. Since the Forbes article earlier today have been a bit concerned as one of the main reasons I kept my copy after all this time was the hope of this development coming the future. Thanks!

Top Bottom