What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for the news (nicely and cleverly done by the way :) )!
Not sure if it was discussed before, but just remembered something I wanted to ask earlier (mentioned in one of my thoughts on the game elsewhere): would there be a chance for a flashlight or a cybernetic equivalent in one of the near future patches? There are some multiple dark places in the game world and it's often really hard to see a thing there - a simpliest portable / mobile light source would really help in such cases (it's also quite a common feature in games, I think).
If, however, a flashlight or a night vision cyberware does exist in the game, please correct me (couldn't find one). Sorry for bringing this up here, but don't want to start a new thread (too small topic, I guess).

CDPR please release short nicely written news about patches development more often. It really is much, much better than to have weeks of total silence!

btw ... It really would be very helpfull it all of those with negative/hating replies reminded themselves that any communication from devs side is better than no or mininal communication which we had in last weeks ... and is in our best interest to encourage devs posting more often ...

ya1

Forum regular
What do you mean by scripted? Everything is scripted, including the npcs' reactions. You shoot a civilian and a script tells them to run away, or do the dump in the wood pose. :D

Maybe I'm using this word wrong. It became commonly used in reference to CP77 bamboozles. What I meant was explained in the next sentence. I mean "scripted" like in E3 demo fake gameplay footage or the actual in-game Takemura car chase where you can shoot all you want but enemies will blow up in the same pre-scripted moment every time. No AI governs them. They are just scripted animations. "Directed," if you will, like a movie. Not a result of an actual AI making decisions how to behave.

Maybe it's not the case with this footage. [...]

Whether I'm right or not, I wish they addressed all this fakeness. Tweaking the broken police spawning system is great but these are just tweaks, not fixes. Unless the actual AI gets improved (greatly), this is merely a placeholder solution.

Because It's CDPR. Tought to be the last bastion for gaming standards(in the big leagues that is) .
I thought the same ...i thought a game coming from the makers of Witcher can't be wrong. The truth is CDPR that made Witcher and wanted to make Cyberpunk2077 doesn't exist anymore.
New CDPR who gave us Cyberpunk2077 would have never been able to pull a success like The Witcher.
So, yes, is dead in the mud.

Cyberpunk 2077: Enhanced Edition (Fall 2022).
Then I'll touch it again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it when I played it. But after that I felt somewhat empty.
So one could say: I had a love affair with CP. But then I went back to my true love, The Witcher Trilogy – which started with the Enhanced Edition of W1.

Just as a reminder, you are not allowed to throw around accusations of lying or anything like that. Such comments are rude and disrespectful, and therefore against the rules. Please keep that in mind when posting.

One post edited.

I hope all these improvements won't come at the cost of reducing still the graphic quality, like previous patches did.

NCPD are tough as nails, hats off to thems, I mean how come there's not one single cop you can bribe. I got the eddies, I have good liquor, Tinos golden rings and other valuable items, sensitive intel and they just don't care. Hats off to them for not being part of the corrupt system.

Maybe I'm using this word wrong. It became commonly used in reference to CP77 bamboozles. What I meant was explained in the next sentence. I mean "scripted" like in E3 demo fake gameplay footage or the actual in-game Takemura car chase where you can shoot all you want but enemies will blow up in the same pre-scripted moment every time. No AI governs them. They are just scripted animations. "Directed," if you will, like a movie. Not a result of an actual AI making decisions how to behave.

Maybe it's not the case with this footage. [...]

Whether I'm right or not, I wish they addressed all this fakeness. Tweaking the broken police spawning system is great but these are just tweaks, not fixes. Unless the actual AI gets improved (greatly), this is merely a placeholder solution.
It doesn't matter. As long as player doesn't know it, it will work. Same story like with every game with companion - he can't die, but you still act like he could.

So.. The NCPD spawn has a delay now, radius has been bumped up x2 and they reused an asset model for Drone that spawns behind you like the NCPD did.. Groundbreaking. They implemented the car rocking yet they didnt think it throu that they have an animation already ingame that lets some NPCs flip the car on the side. Also the highlight of upcoming patch are keybindings. This has to be early April fools joke right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom