Scoia'tael bronze cards desperately need a buff

+
First off, welcome on these forums Anaeto.

As for the issues you raise, I can definitely agree and get behind some of them.

- The poison/harmony driad doing 1pt of damage never made much sense to me, she could really use that +1 points anywhere else.
- Braenn doesn't really fit anywhere in this meta (or the previous ones to be fair). Difficult condition, low payoff. I'd suggest a full rework here.
- I also agree with your comments on Sirssa. Her concept is OK, but undertuned / overcosted.
- Saskia is in an awkward design position. By spawning the units instead of playing them, she is very anti-synergistic with the whole harmony concept she should support. The issue with her is that she just doesn't really fit anywhere. There is simply no real reason to include her into any of the builds as there are clearly better alternatives for this provision cost.

As for the rest of your suggestions, I cannot say I agree, at least not fully.

- The elven purify unit requiring an elf on board as condition is perfectly fine and in line with similar cards for other factions (see Naglfar Taskmaster for MO). Just as MO and SY, and to some extent, SK, SC also has an unconditional faction based purify unit: Ida. If you require an unconditional and cheap purify, you can always use the trusty old Pellar.
- In general I'd advise against taking single cards and comparing them directly to their supposed counterparts across other factions. While these comparisons might indeed show power disparity (sometimes there are huge power differences, I agree), you always need to check the whole deck they work in. If that specific decktype is successful because of it's synergies, increasing the power level of standalone cards can easily shift it to overpowered. So while I do not generally disagree with your statement that some SC bronzes need support and buffs, I would absolutely advise caution in doing so.
- You cannot say Vampire bronzes and golds are terrible, their actual power level is a lot more diverse than that. Bruxae are excellent cards, while other low-end bronzes are definitely weaker. Their high-end gold package is very powerful (Oriana and Elder are excellent, Detlaff is OK), while again, their midrange golds are somewhat lackluster (Gael, Protofleder are generally weaker).
The vampire bronzes are weak and that is why the more popular Vampire decks have more insectoids and wildhunt hunt cards than vampires and they use the carapace leader cos the vampires are too easy to remove. I didn't say the purify shouldn't have a condition, issue is that the condition is too limiting. The pellar can't be tutored by call of the forest which is an inferior tutor to the northern realms and skellige versions. Although, for its cost it makes sense(would prefer it didn't boost the unit by 1 and cost 9 provisions instead). Also if i wanna run devotion i still should have access to a purify that isn't locked to one type of unit in a faction when there are decks that either don't need that unit or has them in very low numbers (like dwarves and movement). For example, in nilfgaard both the gold and bronze purify cards don't have a condition and they're both engines and they both purify any unit. Quite simply the fact is, the poison and purify cards in Scoiatel are significantly inferior at similar and even higher cost to the ones in nilfgaard and other factions. If the elven purify is given the harmony tag, purifies any unit and is reduced to 4 power to match the niflgaardian purify. I can live with that quite happily. I don't need you to agree with me, just to be logical. Clearly by your logic the nilfgaardian purify should also have a condition so they too would be forced to use the pellar. There are some other cards in other factions and neutrals that need some tweaks but i don't remember them atm. My current focus is on scoiatel cos it's my favorite faction. It's what i played the most (not so much anymore) and what got me to to enjoy gwent but after playing some other factions and comparing my win/loss rate to scoiatel. I had to come here. The only decent one is natures gift. Traps and movement aren't entirely horrible but we all know pro rank doesn't play these decks for obvious reasons. At least not the way they play skellige, syndicate and nilfgaard. The invigorate leader is terrible and needs to be reworked.
Post automatically merged:

Atention! Gambit not only allows you to play one more card than your opponent, but you can also prepare which traps are going to remain in your deck. The random condition it's easily avoided.
Iorveth's gambit is expensive. Most trap decks don't run it. I'm not saying that its bad. If it is going to remain at 12 provisions at least one of the traps shouldn't be random. If it is going to remain random it needs a provision nerf by at least 1.

Regarding SC bronzes, there are really many bronze units screaming for a buff:
- Cleaver's Muscle: What the hell should SC and SY do with the shield? Make it a 4 provision unit. Even then it will probably rarely be use
- Dol Blathanna Archer: A 6 for 5. Would suggest a rework maybe with some Dol Blathanna synergies
- Dryad Ranger: Remove her deploy and increase the body to 4.
-- Dwarven Mercenary: Make him to 4 provisions in times of many conditional 7 for 4..
- Panther: Also mediocre. Would add if bonded both deploy apply.
- Cat Witcher Adept: Completely no sense card. You need time to establish a long row and then you are awarded with a slow tempo reward. Worst of all adepts. Maybe add the following passive ability: The first moving unit each turn repeats its move ability. (would have great synergies within the move package).
- Farseer: Very difficult condition and slow reward. Increase boost to at least 3.
- Vrihedd Saboteur: There are no Elves beside Elven Wardancer which benefit from be hand boosted (Usually you want to handboost dryads or dwarfs). Would change to the following: Body 1: Boost an elf in your hand by the amount of boosted elves in your hand (Would have great synergies in invicorate)

Regarding vampires, I still think that they are far away from tier one. Some remarks:
- Katakan: To my mind completely useless unit. Ekimmaras do not help much at vampire deck currently (only + 1 bleeding of Orianna´s deploy)
Also for Thrive/Deathwish decks there are much better alternatives. Would suggest to rework it. Also thought already about a strong passive ability (maybe like Kiki Queen for Vampires, if your deck contains no other units than vampires)
Protofleder: When you want to get the most of bleeding you want many units for bleed both cause of its slow tempo and Orianna´s boost. Of course, the rework is much better than the old Protofleder. Nevertheless, one should be aware of it´s negative synergies and of the fact that current vampires do not benefit from dominance. Maybe a small provision decrease would help.
- The bronze vampires are, however, to my mind completely fine.
I agree with pretty much everything you said except removing the deploy on dryad ranger. They just need to remove the 1 damage she deals and instead increase her base power by 1. These are thoughts i have had but couldn't put them all into my initial post

Last edited:
- Cleaver's Muscle: at this point, this unit it strongly tied to Novigradian Justice, as well as Cleaver. It became a token essentially. Not a huge issue in my opinion, it is fine as it is.
- Dol Blathanna Archer: clearly in need of a buff, I'd suggest 3 damage or 3 pings
- Dwarven Mercenary: I'd reduce his power to 3, but his deploy would be to damage an opponent by the number of armored dwarf units on this row. A tricky condition, but nice potential payoff.
- Katakan: this unit is in the same boat as Saskia - it doesn't really fit anywhere. It is a mediocre unit in Thrive, and a mediocre unit in Vampires, and top it off, comes with a Deathwish. At the end, weak synergies everywhere. Nah, simply a clusterfuck of different ideas meshed in one unit. I'd simply remove the Deathwish, reduce his power to 4, increase it's provisions slightly and make him spawn an Ekkimara for every bleeding enemy unit on the battlefield on deploy.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, Cleaver´s Muscle is strongly connected to these two cards. Still think that the provision should be 4 or they should get an additional deploy.
All your other changes sound reasonable. But for Katakan there is still the question how Vampire will benefit from all these Ekkimaras as I do not really see a vampire swarm strategy even after the buff. But maybe I am wrong

Iorveth's gambit is expensive. Most trap decks don't run it. I'm not saying that its bad. If it is going to remain at 12 provisions it can't be random. If its is going to remain random it needs a provision nerf by at least 1.
Well I dont agree with you. I think it's a balanced card that gived many wins to me with my traps deck un the past and even more now with the new aditions.
Now people are playing more traps you can see gambit un most of this kind of decks.
One less provisions would be todo much.

Well I dont agree with you. I think it's a balanced card that gived many wins to me with my traps deck un the past and even more now with the new aditions.
Now people are playing more traps you can see gambit un most of this kind of decks.
One less provisions would be todo much.
It's better after the buff, but still not quite a good card. And no, it's not "easy" to avoid its condition. It should either be 11p like he said, OR if you keep it at 12, it should be "Play a trap from your deck, then play the second one at random."

It's better after the buff, but still not quite a good card. And no, it's not "easy" to avoid its condition. It should either be 11p like he said, OR if you keep it at 12, it should be
Well, I disagree with you. Play your traps and let the two you want at the end it's something you'll can do most of the times (not every marcht, but most of them you should). I don't need to convince you, only make my point clear.

Well, I disagree with you. Play your traps and let the two you want at the end it's something you'll can do most of the times (not every marcht, but most of them you should). I don't need to convince you, only make my point clear.
The whole point of the card is to thin your deck. It's not a "finisher" card. So trying to "set it up" by drawing and playing all of your other traps before it while at the same time NOT drawing or mulliganing away the cards you want to leave for it is not only not easy, it also goes against the purpose of the card. It's regularly bricked. It's regularly played for 5 points because of its draws. And the best-case scenario payoff from it is not on the level of some of the swing cards at the same provision levels. Therefore, it needs to be buffed or reworked. Your point is clear, though.

Okay so i finally had the time to look at the ST cards and this is what i think

ST Cards that are too expensive provision wise
Current P - Wishful P
The Great 0ak 13 - 12 or 11 (reduce base power by 1)
Saskia 11 - 10 ( she needs to create and play not just spawn so she can proc harmony on herself and others, choose one from a random bronze dwarf, dryad and elf) randomness should make her more interesting. if this is done she can remain at 11p)
Iorverth's Gambit 12 - 11
Milaen 9 - 8
Sirssa 8 - 7
Etriel & Muirlega 8 - 7
Forest Whisperer 5 - 4
Ida Emean 7 - 6 (also reduce vitality by 1)
Mahakam Horn 8 - 7 (normally plays for minimum 6 and maximum 8) sometimes it plays for 0, 3 or 4 if the opponent can smell you and eliminates your units, I enjoy the card however, it is quite expensive for what it does)
Waylay 5 - 4 (5p for 3 points of removal and potential 6 for 5p conditional on deathblow? no thanks)
Schirru 9 - 8 (Fun expensive card that plays more often for a 6 and 8 to warrant its cost and needs so much setup and luck. Requires Call of the forest, isengrims council and the terrible circle of life to become more consistent)
Eleyas 9 - 8
Vernossiel 12 - 11 or increase base power by 1
Insengrim Faolitiarna 8 - 7
Forest Protector 11 - 10
Freixenet 8 - 7
Toruviel 8 - 7
Feign Death 14 - 13
Call of the forest 10 - 9
Dryad Matron 5 - 4

ST Cards that could use some tweaking

Treant Mantis Stalk - Spring should also poison. This trap doesn't have eldain value
Dol blathana archer should deal 1 more damage in melee and hit 1 more unit in ranged
Panther melee dmg should go up by 1 or increase the base power by 1 and reduce the bleeding by 1.
Braenn should require 1 less dryad and/or have 1 more charge
Circle of life should damage by 4 with deathblow boost a unit in hand by 2 (boost can only happen on deathblow) or remain as is and go down to 4p
Farseer should also have a condition for units and artifacts (could be simplified into unit and non unit/damage and boost)
Dryad ranger should lose it's damage and have a base of 4
Trained Hawk should move any unit on ranged deploy.
Abandoned girl should have zeal in devotion
Cat witcher Saboteur should have 5 base power.
Incinerating trap should spring for 4 dmg or remain as is and go down to 4p
Hawker healer Increase base power by 1 and reduce heal by 1. Most units and engines in st and the game in general especially engines which is what this card would be used for are 4 power or less so to heal by the 4 the unit is already dead. You never really get the value of healing by 4.

Invigorate leader should spread 10 boosts randomly between all units in your hand. This would probably be the Aglais leader of choice.

I think these are reasonable requests. Hopefully the devs agree and some changes are made

Last edited:
For example, in nilfgaard both the gold and bronze purify cards don't have a condition and they're both engines and they both purify any unit.
Yes, they NG is better in purifies than most other factions. It is reasonable for factions to excel ins some areas while others excel in different aspects of the game. There are definitely certain areas in the game where SC cards function better than NG (or pick any other faction). Buffing powercrept cards is one thing, and should be supported, homogenization on the other hand (in unit-to-unit power and in relative effect) should be not.
Again, this SC purify unit is in line with it's relative 5 power counterpart in MO - it does not need to be fully aligned with NG's 4p and 7p options.

Quite simply the fact is, the poison and purify cards in Scoiatel are significantly inferior at similar and even higher cost to the ones in nilfgaard and other factions.
I agree with poison cards for SC, those are weak and powercrept and could use a slight buff.
As for purify, again, no - SC is fine as it is. They might be weaker than NG, but then again, Northern Realms would have a word with you - not a single Purify. As for SK and SY - they don't have a bronze option for Purify either.
As I mentioned earlier, unit to unit comparison is rarely useful if you want to have a thorough analysis.

The whole point of the card is to thin your deck. It's not a "finisher" card.
I'd partially disagree. I believe there is no "intended" use for this card, either as a thinning tool or a finisher - it is a flexible (yet expensive) option to do both, depending on your strategy. As for the provision cost, I would agree to a slight reduction, 11p would be a sweet spot for this card in my book.

The Great 0ak 13 - 12 (reduce base power by 1)
Yes, Great Oak got slightly powercrept with recent expansions - reducing it's provision cost to 12 would be a welcome change.

Saskia 11 - 10 ( she needs to create and play not just spawn so she can pro harmony on herself and others, choose one from a random bronze dwarf, dryad and elf) randomness should make her more interesting. if this is done she can remain at 11p)
Agreed.

Milaen 9 - 8
Sirssa 8 - 7
Muirlega 8 - 7
Agree with these as well.

Regarding dryad grovekeeper and cat witcher adept I also think that the problem is the low tempo of vitality and that the only card really benefitting from vitality is Hamadryad. Bleeding, however, has multiple other advantages.

So here my latest idea from card ideas to bring tempo into vitality.

Vampires have their Unseen Elder to bring tempo into bleeding. This card might be a nice tool to make cards like Dryad Grovekeeper and Cat Witcher Adept playable (SC).
Keira Metz into War Elephant/Falibor/Primordial D'ao and later this card might also bring a lot of value (NR).

View attachment 11198713

Okay so i finally had the time to look at the ST cards and this is what i think

ST Cards that are too expensive provision wise
Current P - Wishful P
The Great 0ak 13 - 12 (reduce base power by 1)
Saskia 11 - 10 ( she needs to create and play not just spawn so she can pro harmony on herself and others, choose one from a random bronze dwarf, dryad and elf) randomness should make her more interesting. if this is done she can remain at 11p)
Milaen 9 - 8
Sirssa 8 - 7
Muirlega 8 - 7
Forest Whisperer 5 - 4
Ida Emean 7 - 6 (also reduce vitality by 1)
Mahakam Horn 8 - 7 (normally plays for minimum 6 and maximum 8) sometimes it plays for 3 or 4 if the opponent can smell you and eliminates your units, i enjoy the card however, it is quite expensive for what it does)

ST Cards that could use some tweaking

Cat Witcher saboteur should have a base of 5
Dol blathana archer should deal 1 more damage in melee and hit 1 more unit in ranged
Panther melee dmg should go up by 1 or increase the base power by 1 and reduce the bleeding by 1.
Braenn should require 1 less dryad or give 1 more charge
Circle of life should damage by 4 deathblow boost in hand by 1 or deck by 2 (boost can only happen on deathblow)
If Farseer is to remain the same the boost needs to be increased by 1
Dryad ranger should lose it's damage and have a base of 4
Abandoned girl should just be a 4 power young dryad(no order)
Dryad Grovekeeper and Cat witcher adept need to be reworked entirely

I think these are reasonable requests. Hopefully the devs agree and some changes are made
The change for Great Oak has been suggested a lot of times in the past. I believe this card used to be of lower provision cost in the past, but back when Harmony was a busted archetype (yes, it actually was), they power-crept a lot of cards, including this one. The change for Saskia also seems a very good one. Makes the card far more playable and a necessity for a good Harmony deck.

Iorveth's gambit provision cost right now I guess it is ok. Even if lowered, I don't think it would make it very playable. The ability to play 2 traps, even at random is quite a big one. The change for Milaen is ok, 1 less provision would make it more playable. It is stupid to play a 9p card that gets you 8 points. At least an 8 for 8 is more reasonable, albeit still not good enough for what a gold card should provide.

Sirssa IMO should be reworked entirely and join the Dryad Symbiosis archetype. It is the oddball of the Harmony archetype. A low power, high provision card, with a very hard condition to meet for the deathblow. If they wish to keep it as it is though, I would rework the deathblow condition to be triggered nonetheless if you have 3-4 units with unique category on your board. Or something like that.

Etriel & Muirlega combo have a low ceiling of 7 (if you don't control one of them) and a high ceiling of 11 (Etriel) and 13 (Muirlega). Not sure if lowering the provision cost for one or both would make these cards more playble. To get the most value out of them, the condition is a bit hard to meet, especially for Muirlega.

Forest Whisperer should get a rework too, not just becoming a 4p card. Having it give Shield is stupid. ST is not a faction that has any sort of use for Shields. In addition, I would remove the row restriction. Just leave it as: Deploy: Give an enemy unit poison.

Ida is honestly ok as it is now. It is a versatile card, on a long round it can play for 9, but in archetypes such as Symbiosis, it can play for 13 if the vitality is given to a Hamadryad. In addition, it can also ward off against Defenders with no conditions at all with the Purify ability.

Mahakam Horn is rather underwhelming, so I guess a provision buff is welcome.

As for the reworks, your suggestion for the Cat Witcher Saboteur is interesting, but I think the card needs a rework overall. The problem is not its power or provision, but the condition to obtain value out of it. Its ability is rather meh.

Dol Blathanna Archer alternatively can get a 1 provision buff so it could at least provide 6 points for 4 provisions, if not an increase of 1 damage (melee) or 1 extra target (ranged).

Panther for what it provides now is a 5 for 5 and on a long round, assuming the bleeding sticks is a 7 for 5. A power or provision buff is needed first or a rework of damage/abilities.

Braenn needs a rework. Her abilities should be like this: Deploy: If you control 2 or more Dryads, gain Zeal. Order: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Charges: 3. Whenever you play a Dryad, gain 1 charge. Since Symbiosis plays a lot of Dryads, it could find its way in a Dryad Symbiosis deck. This might even give a chance to other Dryad cards to see some play.

Circle of Life is fine as it is now. This card synergizes extremely well with Nature's Gift Symbiosis archetype and it usually triggers 6 points (3 damage, 2 hand boost and at least spawns a 1 power treant). It can have a very high ceiling as well depending on the number of units with Symbiosis tag.

Your suggestion for Farseer is underwhelming and won't help the card get some play. The problem with it is that it has to reveal a special card to get the boost, be it +2 or +3. Elves right now have a few units that almost always play for 6 for 4, such as Dol Blathanna Bowman or Bomber. I would rework the ability so that Farseer can get some payoff even if it reveals a unit. Something similar to Xarthisius but adapted for a bronze card. Maybe boost self by 2 if the card revealed is a special one, and damage an enemy unit by 2 if the card revealed is an unit.

Agree on Dryad Ranger. As for Abandoned Girl, Young Dryad's are tokens, so they shouldn't be played from hand. A better option for Abandoned Girl is to change the order ability to a deploy ability, or give it Zeal and condition it similar to Braenn (with 1 less controlled Dryad).

Dryad Grovekeeper I would change her deploy ability from giving vitality to giving boost to a unit based on the number of allied Dryads on that row (row restriction to avoid it becoming similar with how Lyrian Scytheman was). Similar with Mahakam Guard in a Dwarf deck but it boosts another unit rather than herself.

Cat Witcher Adept is a rather tricky one to rework. All the other Witcher Adept cards from other factions have a certain useful ability. Viper Witcher Adept is a Magne Divison that does not get bricked if another unit is placed on that row. Bear Witcher Adept can get to 7 power and get armor which helps in a combo with Svalblod Priest. Griffin Witcher Adept transforms other witchers (usually 2 power tokens) into a copy of itself.

Looking at the cat witchers, they synergize with the movement archetype or provide certain effects based on how many units are on a certain row. I would make Cat Witcher Adept get a certain effect when an allied unit moves. Maybe boost self by 1 per turn when an allied unit moves. That way it synergizes with Dryad Matron and Cat Witcher. Got some mixed feelings here as the combo between Sentry/Cat Witcher/Dryad Matron provides way too many passive points if left unanswered. However, the current abilities it has do not synergize with anything its faction or archetype provides.

Last edited:
Cat Witcher Adept is a rather tricky one to rework. All the other Witcher Adept cards from other factions have a certain useful ability. Viper Witcher Adept is a Magne Divison that does not get bricked if another unit is placed on that row. Bear Witcher Adept can get to 7 power and get armor which helps in a combo with Svalblod Priest. Griffin Witcher Adept transforms other witchers (usually 2 power tokens) into a copy of itself.

Looking at the cat witchers, they synergize with the movement archetype or provide certain effects based on how many units are on a certain row. I would make Cat Witcher Adept get a certain effect when an allied unit moves. Maybe boost self by 1 per turn when an allied unit moves. That way it synergizes with Dryad Matron and Cat Witcher. Got some mixed feelings here as the combo between Sentry/Cat Witcher/Dryad Matron provides way too many passive points if left unanswered. However, the current abilities it has do not synergize with anything its faction or archetype provides.

To my mind the problem is that, if there are too many units benefitting from moving and synergizing the whole archetype gets too strong.
Maximizing his turn boost to 1 per turn conditional on allied moving sounds reasonable to me.
Nevertheless, the problem with vitality is it´s slow tempo. When there are cards like the one suggested by me which transform vitality to boost, then cards which give much vitality if a condition is met (many dryads, huge row) will make sense to a certain extent.

To my mind the problem is that, if there are too many units benefitting from moving and synergizing the whole archetype gets too strong.
Maximizing his turn boost to 1 per turn conditional on allied moving sounds reasonable to me.
Nevertheless, the problem with vitality is it´s slow tempo. When there are cards like the one suggested by me which transform vitality to boost, then cards which give much vitality if a condition is met (many dryads, huge row) will make sense to a certain extent.

Exactly. Which is why I pondered for a bit on how should this card be reworked without making the movement ST archetype even more oppressive. +1 per turn on condition seems reasonable, for a small bronze engine. Cat Witcher Adept would be like Salamandra Lackey when gaining coins. Once you gained a coin on your turn, boost by 1. Same with this one, but when an unit moves. Doubt this will make him playable though, but at least it would synergize better with the ST movement archetype rather than how it is now. The way CWA is now is like a cheaper and probably more flexible version of Panther, which itself is not a good card at all.

Both, Grovekeeper and Cat Adept should be reworked to:
-Give Vitality 1 to the number of units equal to the number of allied dryads,
and
-Give vitality 1/Bleeding 1 to the number of units on this/target row,
respectively.

Abandoned Girl should get a harmony tag.

Etriel/Muirlega should both go back to 7p

Waters of Brokilon should be a 10p card or Fledglings should be 5 hp. (It literally takes 3 turns, or 2 turns and a leader(!) for this card to get value right now.)

Saskia should spawn and play.

Oak should be 12p

Hawk should have 4hp

Ranger should not damage and have 4hp instead

Half-elf should be 5p

Sirrsa should either be 7p or damage by 3.

Whisperer should poison on melee row or damage by 3 on the ranged row.

Elf Saboteur should buff all elfs in hand by 1, as sort of the opposite of the officer.

The change for Great Oak has been suggested a lot of times in the past. I believe this card used to be of lower provision cost in the past, but back when Harmony was a busted archetype (yes, it actually was), they power-crept a lot of cards, including this one. The change for Saskia also seems a very good one. Makes the card far more playable and a necessity for a good Harmony deck.

Iorveth's gambit provision cost right now I guess it is ok. Even if lowered, I don't think it would make it very playable. The ability to play 2 traps, even at random is quite a big one. The change for Milaen is ok, 1 less provision would make it more playable. It is stupid to play a 9p card that gets you 8 points. At least an 8 for 8 is more reasonable, albeit still not good enough for what a gold card should provide.

Sirssa IMO should be reworked entirely and join the Dryad Symbiosis archetype. It is the oddball of the Harmony archetype. A low power, high provision card, with a very hard condition to meet for the deathblow. If they wish to keep it as it is though, I would rework the deathblow condition to be triggered nonetheless if you have 3-4 units with unique category on your board. Or something like that.

Etriel & Muirlega combo have a low ceiling of 7 (if you don't control one of them) and a high ceiling of 11 (Etriel) and 13 (Muirlega). Not sure if lowering the provision cost for one or both would make these cards more playble. To get the most value out of them, the condition is a bit hard to meet, especially for Muirlega.

Forest Whisperer should get a rework too, not just becoming a 4p card. Having it give Shield is stupid. ST is not a faction that has any sort of use for Shields. In addition, I would remove the row restriction. Just leave it as: Deploy: Give an enemy unit poison.

Ida is honestly ok as it is now. It is a versatile card, on a long round it can play for 9, but in archetypes such as Symbiosis, it can play for 13 if the vitality is given to a Hamadryad. In addition, it can also ward off against Defenders with no conditions at all with the Purify ability.

Mahakam Horn is rather underwhelming, so I guess a provision buff is welcome.

As for the reworks, your suggestion for the Cat Witcher Saboteur is interesting, but I think the card needs a rework overall. The problem is not its power or provision, but the condition to obtain value out of it. Its ability is rather meh.

Dol Blathanna Archer alternatively can get a 1 provision buff so it could at least provide 6 points for 4 provisions, if not an increase of 1 damage (melee) or 1 extra target (ranged).

Panther for what it provides now is a 5 for 5 and on a long round, assuming the bleeding sticks is a 7 for 5. A power or provision buff is needed first or a rework of damage/abilities.

Braenn needs a rework. Her abilities should be like this: Deploy: If you control 2 or more Dryads, gain Zeal. Order: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Charges: 3. Whenever you play a Dryad, gain 1 charge. Since Symbiosis plays a lot of Dryads, it could find its way in a Dryad Symbiosis deck. This might even give a chance to other Dryad cards to see some play.

Circle of Life is fine as it is now. This card synergizes extremely well with Nature's Gift Symbiosis archetype and it usually triggers 6 points (3 damage, 2 hand boost and at least spawns a 1 power treant). It can have a very high ceiling as well depending on the number of units with Symbiosis tag.

Your suggestion for Farseer is underwhelming and won't help the card get some play. The problem with it is that it has to reveal a special card to get the boost, be it +2 or +3. Elves right now have a few units that almost always play for 6 for 4, such as Dol Blathanna Bowman or Bomber. I would rework the ability so that Farseer can get some payoff even if it reveals a unit. Something similar to Xarthisius but adapted for a bronze card. Maybe boost self by 2 if the card revealed is a special one, and damage an enemy unit by 2 if the card revealed is an unit.

Agree on Dryad Ranger. As for Abandoned Girl, Young Dryad's are tokens, so they shouldn't be played from hand. A better option for Abandoned Girl is to change the order ability to a deploy ability, or give it Zeal and condition it similar to Braenn (with 1 less controlled Dryad).

Dryad Grovekeeper I would change her deploy ability from giving vitality to giving boost to a unit based on the number of allied Dryads on that row (row restriction to avoid it becoming similar with how Lyrian Scytheman was). Similar with Mahakam Guard in a Dwarf deck but it boosts another unit rather than herself.

Circle of life is bad as it is now. It can't control anything. What are you killing with 3 dmg? It only gets play in gift because it boosts gord and spawns treants. If circle of life is changed it will benefit dwarves, movement and harmony archetype and it will see more play compared to natures rebuke which is everyone's st control card......ida is bad and an expensive purify literally nobody uses her, they have to reduce her provision cost by 1. The farseer could see play in gift symbiosis since they run alot of specials and madoc builds but his condition is obviously high risk so they could even make it plus 2 or rework it. Up to them. Symbiosis actually doesn't play that many dryads. if you check the best builds it is a hybrid build. There are a decent amount of dryads but the best symbiosis builds doesn't use them. if they up Braenns damage by 1 she could actually be a decent control card. Current meta symbiosis spawns alot of dryads, it doesn't play them. I have never really liked bleed or vitality above 3 it takes forever to convert to value so i prefer higher base power. Forest whisperer has to become a 4p card or increase base power to 5( i will always take the provision reduction over base power because the golds in st are already really expensive. Like i already said nilfgaard does what it does for 4p so when i use it i feel cheated by cdpr. I would've asked for more provision reduction with sirssa, waters, muirlega and etriel but i don't want to greed. Circle of life could be more useful in movement and harmony because their engines are very weak and susceptible to removal and they don't spawn or play alot of treants so rebuke isn't the best option for them Rebuke being the only viable option for control st special is boring. In nilfgaard, there are 3. 1 does 6 dmg, the other 5 dmg with clog and the other 4 dmg with shield. Circle of life dealing 4 dmg with a boost in hand by 1 and/or in deck by 2 makes sense to me it becomes more useful as a control card and an engine survival card. If the hawk should start at 4 then they should remove the 2 dmg it deals and allow it to move any unit(ally or enemy) that way it can synergize with the whisperer and fix row locked units like pavko. I don't want them to move too many cards down to 4 p or we wont have enough 5 ps anymore. I was even gonna greed on milaen by asking that she deals 5 dmg on melee and hits 3 enemies with 2 dmg on ranged and stays as a 9 p card or even with that go down to 8 but idk. I'm not asking for st to be op just to be good or better than it currently is. If the buffs are ridiculous people will eventually ask for nerfs. Cat witcher adept could have a base of 4 and boost itself whenever an allied unit moves. Dryad grovekeeper could boost her self by 1 whenever a treant spawns in natures gift and/or by the number of allied treants at adrenaline 3 or so.

Last edited:
Circle of life is bad as it is now. It can't control anything. What are you killing with 3 dmg? It only gets play in gift because it boosts gord and spawns treants. If circle of life is changed it will benefit dwarves, movement and harmony archetype and it will see more play compared to natures rebuke which is everyone's st control card......ida is bad and an expensive purify literally nobody uses her, they have to reduce her provision cost by 1. The farseer could see play in gift symbiosis since they run alot of specials and madoc builds but his condition is obviously high risk so they could even make it plus 2 or rework it. Up to them. Symbiosis actually doesn't play that many dryads. if you check the best builds it is a hybrid build. There are a decent amount of dryads but the best symbiosis builds doesn't use them. if they up Braenns damage by 1 she could actually be a decent control card. Current meta symbiosis spawns alot of dryads, it doesn't play them. I have never really liked bleed or vitality above 3 it takes forever to convert to value so i prefer higher base power. Forest whisperer has to become a 4p card or increase base power to 5( i will always take the provision reduction over base power because the golds in st are already really expensive. Like i already said nilfgaard does what it does for 4p so when i use it i feel cheated by cdpr. I would've asked for more provision reduction with sirssa, waters, muirlega and etriel but i don't want to greed. Circle of life could be more useful in movement and harmony because their engines are very weak and susceptible to removal and they don't spawn or play alot of treants so rebuke isn't the best option for them Rebuke being the only viable option for control st special is boring. In nilfgaard, there are 3. 1 does 6 dmg, the other 5 dmg with clog and the other 4 dmg with shield. Circle of life dealing 4 dmg with a boost in hand by 1 and/or in deck by 2 makes sense to me it becomes more useful as a control card and an engine survival card. If the hawk should start at 4 then they should remove the 2 dmg it deals and allow it to move any unit(ally or enemy) that way it can synergize with the whisperer and fix row locked units like pavko. I don't want them to move too many cards down to 4 p or we wont have enough 5 ps anymore. I was even gonna greed on milaen by asking that she deals 5 dmg on melee and hits 3 enemies with 2 dmg on ranged and stays as a 9 p card or even with that go down to 8 but idk. I'm not asking for st to be op just to be good or better than it currently is. If the buffs are ridiculous people will eventually ask for nerfs. Cat witcher adept could have a base of 4 and boost itself whenever an allied unit moves. Dryad grovekeeper could boost her self by 1 whenever a treant spawns in natures gift and/or by the number of allied treants at adrenaline 3 or so.

The purpose of Circle of Life is not to control, but to provide that handbuff and to synergize with the whole Symbiosis archetype. The change you want to make of the card is not bad, but it will make it an auto-include in many ST decks, as you get a lot more value out of it compared to its cost even if the deathblow condition is not met.

The reason why Ida is not getting played is because there is a cheaper, although a bit more conditional purifier (Vrihedd Sapper). And vitality itself is not that good outside of Nature's Gift, especially when it lasts for more than 2-3 turns. I am all for provision buffs, I just don't think that will help Ida get some play.

Farseer would see play if it can trigger an effect if the revealed card is a unit. Like I said, if a special card is revealed, boost itself by 2, if a unit is revealed, damage an enemy unit (or a random enemy unit) by 2. That way you can get more value out of it compared to its provision cost rather than playing on RNG.

I know Symbiosis does not use a lot of Dryads and that is because very few of them have the Symbiosis tag and another few synergize with them. In regards to Braenn, if they up her damage by 1, if the condition is met, you can get 10 points for 6 on deploy, due to Zeal. A bit of an overkill IMO.

... In regards to Braenn, if they up her damage by 1, if the condition is met, you can get 10 points for 6 on deploy, due to Zeal. A bit of an overkill IMO.
She's 7 for 6 right now, either on deploy or order, if the condition not met. Adding one damage charge will make it 8, not 10.

I would really like Braenn to be able to gain more charges, like maybe when you play a dryad.

I remember someone had a suggestion that abandoned girl could also give the option to transform into the harmony 4p dryad which I think would be a really welcome buff to the card. People have pointed out the anti-synergy between harmony and symbiosis (treants that spawn don't proc harmony but also prevent future treant procs to harmony) and this card was clearly designed with procing harmony off the human tag multiple times. This would give some flexibility to an interesting but not super popular card.

She's 7 for 6 right now, either on deploy or order, if the condition not met. Adding one damage charge will make it 8, not 10.
Wait. If you up her damage by 1, that means she can damage units by 2 with 3 charges. That means 6 damage + 4 power, 10 points. Or do you mean that she should get 1 extra charge and keep her current damage to 1?

I would really like Braenn to be able to gain more charges, like maybe when you play a dryad.

I remember someone had a suggestion that abandoned girl could also give the option to transform into the harmony 4p dryad which I think would be a really welcome buff to the card. People have pointed out the anti-synergy between harmony and symbiosis (treants that spawn don't proc harmony but also prevent future treant procs to harmony) and this card was clearly designed with procing harmony off the human tag multiple times. This would give some flexibility to an interesting but not super popular card.
Braenn's current build is anti-synergistic with any archetype within ST. As far as I know, ST does not have another unit with charges for anything. This is the only one that has this archetype. Most cards with charges are either part of NR, a lot less in NG and even fewer among other factions. SK has a similar card to Braenn, Udalryk. He also deals 1 damage, also has 3 charges, and a condition to gain Zeal (bloodthirst 2). Does Udalryk get any play? Of course not.

Braenn should get the same effect as An Craite Blacksmith, which gains 1 charge when a Warrior card is played. That way it may get some play in a future meta. But as it is now there is no point in including her in any deck/archetype.

I think the main reason why Abandoned Girl was unplayable when the Symbiosis archetype was introduced was because of her transforming due to an order ability. Removing her was too handy before she could be of any use. That is why I suggested adding a condition to have her transform on deploy. This might not solve the removal problem, but you can better time her play or have a better chance at keeping her alive with a boost or something.

It would be great to have her turn into a Harmony unit too, considering the fact that the Harmony archetype has the least number of cards with this tag among all archetypes. Spawned treants need to fixed so that they can trigger Harmony. Or at least make it so that they don't deny it. Even so, Harmony needs an infusion of new cards and to make it somewhat competitive, allow Harmony to be triggered by neutral unique units too.

Last edited:
Regarding Uldarlyk:
In terms of value he is bad (7 for 6). But one should see his synergies. He is a great enabler for cards like Greatswords and
Dagur Two Blades.
Furthermore he can prepare cards which benefit from wounded units (Wild Boar of the Sea, Junod of Belhaven, Arnaghad, Bear witcher mentor,....)

Regarding Braenn:
She is same bad 7 for 6 but there are no relevant SC benefit from damage synergies. Would appreciate your idea to transform her to an engine card.

Regarding Abandonded girl:
Should maybe transform to young dryad on Melee an to Dryad Fledglings on Ranged

Top Bottom