Lead gameplay designer leaves CDPR

+
Andrzej Zawadzki, lead gameplay designer on CP2077, leaves CDPR.

lead_gameplay_design.jpg

Here's his tweet:

Quite an interesting news. I am not sure if it's good (for him?) or bad (for us?). Anyway, I hope that his departure will not affect the whole process of fixing/updating the game and working on the expansions in any negative way.

He was one of the most vocal members of the team defending developers from death threats and hate they were all getting since delays, further amplified after December 10th. All that while recovering from some mental health issues himself(he was tweeting about it). He stated multiple times how the online hate campaign was getting to him, he took multiple breaks from social media before this news broke out.

EDIT: I noticed that my post got a lot of attention so I want to make things clear - what I described above is based on public knowledge from Andrzej's Twitter account, where he discussed those things several times. It's not related to any inside knowledge or should not be treated as any kind of official information.

Last edited:
He was one of the most vocal members of the team defending developers from death threats and hate they were all getting since delays, further amplified after December 10th. All that while recovering from some mental health issues himself(he was tweeting about it). He stated multiple times how the online hate campaign was getting to him, he took multiple breaks from social media before this news broke out.
That's not good to hear. I wish him all the best... It pains me to think how people often forget that behind every game there are human beings.

And sadly the online hate is only what we know of.

There is no telling how bad it can get in real life. Some people are just plain deranged, they'll do everything in their power to make your life a living hell over dissatisfaction with a video game.

Gamers can be a seriously shitty bunch.

I feel bad for the developers and the whole CDPR team and I'm just a player. I can imagine how bad could be to work there and try to deal with all hate and pressure...

so sad to hear that

And sadly the online hate is only what we know of.

There is no telling how bad it can get in real life. Some people are just plain deranged, they'll do everything in their power to make your life a living hell over dissatisfaction with a video game.

Gamers can be a seriously shitty bunch.
What a sad reality we live in.

I'm sure he'll be missed! But life can't remain the same forever! New horizons -- forward motion!

It's also a good reflection of what life in the industry is actually like. If you're not recognized and celebrated as a studio, it's a constant struggle to produce something that really impacts the playerbase. If you create something that strikes it big...it's a constant struggle to maintain that level of quality and appeal.

All part of the way it works. (And that's true of pretty much any creative field.)

I'm sure we'll hear of Andrzej again!

Stay safe choomba, if nothing else you helped give the fans some great times and experiences through your projects.

For that you have my outmost respect.

As for the thread itself, the industry sucks sometimes, the pressure is unreal from both management, PR and fanbase, seems like some people just can't catch a break, I don't envy anyone doing this under recent circumstances - especially post 2020.

Something needs to change, but I don't believe it will, even with the sacrifices made thus far - and I'm not just talking about CDPR.

Yeah, I needs a new job too. Is there one going for someone who can dribble a lot of shit & can sometimes get some giggles, just for shits & giggles?

I'd be perfect for that.

I am very saddened to hear of Andrzej's departure from CDPR. I've been enjoying their (and the team's) amazing creation since launch. It sounds like the hate could have been a factor, perhaps a major factor, in their decision, and if that's true, then those who targeted them with abuse should hang their heads in shame. The internet has definitely amplified the mistaken righteousness of those who conflate their own right to be disappointed with a right to harass and demean others, those who confuse opinion with objective fact, and those whose sense of entitlement is so great that they take it as a direct attack upon themselves, should anything be less than the exact and particular perfection that they were expecting in their head.

Well thank you for contributing to some great fun i had during this annoying time it much appreciated.

Hopefully we get to experience more of your talent in a future game.

Wishing you a safe a happy future ;)

Thnxz again for your hard work, most definitely appreciated

Top Bottom