Patch 1.2

+
Just got to play the patch and I have to admit, I'm a little frustrated to find that you still seemingly can't install more than one mod at a time on the one light machine gun you have in the game, making them pretty much useless compared to every other weapon type that can.

That was the fix I was waiting for before continuing my playthrough. That getting fixed and Kereznikov boosting staying in the game were pretty much the only patch concerns I had and I was fine with the game's quirks and never really experienced broken quests otherwise, so I hate to say it for all the work and effort you've clearly put in here, but this patch seems like it only really makes the game less enjoyable for me.

Last edited:
I just saw this video..

If this video is accurate with the measure, then it is running exactly how expected and how I'm currently experiencing it on base PS4, which is noticeably better than what it was previously.

If this is unplayable for some players, then I feel 80% of your typical AAA game would be unplayable for you on base consoles cause that is how they generally run, fluctuating between 25-30 FPS.
It was like 10 - 15 fps MAX in my case and the game froze right when I started but refroze itself and lot of stuff popped-in right in front of me, which rarely happened before when I played the game, then I did a crime on the street and police spawned 5 meters away like always. It is unplayable for me in this state right now. I dont know what you want to hear but this is the truth.

It was like 10 - 15 fps MAX in my case and the game froze right when I started but refroze itself and lot of stuff popped-in right before me, which rarely happened before when I played the game, then I did a crime on the street and police spawned 5 meters away like always. It is unplayable for me in this state right now. I dont know what you want to hear but this is the truth.
i believe you. People with different hardware have different problems. Its mixed bag. Have you tried to reinstall the game? Helps lot with big patches but cant promise that it helps now. But sometimes it does!
Post automatically merged:

With all the feedback from many threads, I wonder what's the "real" (average) performance (across all the platforms, drivers, OS, HW,...), where are the bottlenecks and how some of the game systems are very detailed and polished while others are basically horrible and unusable...

There's like super-long view distance, weather and lighting effects, extremely detailed functional models, televisions and radios everywhere, but e.g. crowd, car and police AI seem basically braindead, water isn't reactive (not that it really matters to me) and stuff...

How it's possible that so many players on the same old-gen consoles report so huge performance differences?
I mean, both HW and SW is exactly the same, no?
Maybe it's the version of OS, drivers, or e.g. available disc space (e.g. used for caching or swapping...?)?

My best guess is thread prioritization, IO throughput and platform/HW-hardcoded optimalization.
Streaming on old-gen consoles may take a long time and that's the cause of popping or low-quality models and stuff...?
Threads do not have enough CPU time to run all the game systems in real-time and so are (manually) postponed (until the very last moment), which leads to e.g. instantaneous weather changes (they were more famous in Witcher3), etc...?
And hardcoded optimization of course can do stuff like disabling half of the graphics on consoles, reducing crowd density, fixing fps limit or faking or disabling some of the effects,...?
i think the huge differences in perfomances in consoles are: it depends a lot on what kind of expectations the players have how dirty the console is inside , yes if it gets hotter faster due to dirt and so on then it will run worse. Also sometimes it runs the same but different people report different things!

Last edited:
It was like 10 - 15 fps MAX in my case and the game froze right when I started but refroze itself and lot of stuff popped-in right before me, which rarely happened before when I played the game, then I did a crime on the street and police spawned 5 meters away like always. It is unplayable for me in this state right now. I dont know what you want to hear but this is the truth.
Not what's happening on my base ps4, mine is playing fine, my only complaint so far is the white light particle scatter around npc sometimes at night. I did have to reinitialise it recently (nothing to do with cyberpunk) and it seems to have sorted it out a bit also vacuumed the vents.

Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PC and consoles! A version for Stadia will follow later this week.

The list of changes for this update is available here.
I am having mini lag on my audio after this patch :(. My Cyberpunk had no problems with audio before patch 1.2

Incredible patch, the game is even more graphically stunning and "alive" on PS5 and more optimised than ever on PS4 Pro where many features works as intended now, but I'm still encountering a minor graphic bug on my playthrough due to a previous glitch.
The game shows me a purple bra (even if the censor is disabled) that can spawn on my clothes when I wear tight upper-body elements (ex. a shirt, a top or a black bra). It happened 'cause, after launch, I tried enabling the censor just for curiosity sake, saving the game after a bit without knowing anything about this "bug". When I went back on my playthrough without the censor enabled, I noticed the purple bra was there during gameplay (but not into the Inventory screen) and it's still there, somentimes ON my shirt (not very often) except just after a story-related sex scene.. I know it's a minor issue, the game still works very well for me (220 hours of gameplay without game-breaking bugs and with just 2 crashes on the first days from the release), but is there any way to fix it? :ok:

OK, two positive things I've noticed for base XB1... load times are definitely faster. Cinematics (or whatever you call them) have also improved in quality - it's the first time I've ever seen V's car clearly during the prelude cinematic... If they can transfer this quality into the general play zones, this game will look awesome.

And I reinstalled and the problem persists... Anyone here with the same problem? Audio seems like an old scratched CD
Have you tried restoring default options in the main menu, before loading a save? After this, you can try changing audio balance from the relative setting, maybe it can solve your problem..
On which platform are you playing?

How's the crashing problems on ps5
Never got a crash on PS5 in two weeks (1.11) and still runs very well (also graphically way better, it seems more "alive" than ever) after 3-4 hours of gameplay with 1.2 installed :ok:

Just tested the patch for about 4 hours. Big THANKS to CDPR, they mostly delivered.
Before this patch the game was basically unplayable for me. Hacking didn't work or caused massive framedrops and getting close to dead NPCs caused the game to drop below 10fps (apparently very rare bugs that I didn't find anyone else encounter on the internet).
Despite these bugs not being mentioned in the patchnotes now everything works again! YAY!!
But one problem still remains. The performance is still pretty bad and worse than when it first came out. I'm playing on an RTX3070 and when the game came out I got 40-50 fps in 1440p with Raytracing and DLSS. With the same settings I now barely get 30fps. So I reverted to 1080p, no Raytracing, DLSS (Performance) and I'm getting 60-70fps, which is great.... BUT: after about 3h of playing suddenly frames were all over the place from 20-60 (which was unplayable). Changing graphics to low or changing resolution wouldn't even change anything. Restarting the game did the trick though. I'm hoping CDPR gets back to improving the performance for high-end systems!
Still it's been great getting to play Cyberpunk again :)

Great news, get to see the list of changes.

Mine doesn't work though. 1.2 Steam version, did the validation, even reinstalled, now I am getting crashes to desktop every 2-3 minutes.
But well, I was one of those lucky few who didn't even have problems with the first day release, so it was about time. :)

Cheers!

Just a mention, on GOG Galaxy even though the patch is 33gb it needs twice that size for installation (had 54gb free and said it wasn't enough).
You'll need almost twice the space 'cause you have to download the file entirely before installing.. GOG will delete the "patch installer" once the process is completed, this is why you need more than 33gb of space (33gb temporarly for the download + around 30gb for the copy process) :howdy:

Congrats for the hard work to all the CD Projekt team! as I said in another comment, this is an incredible patch! :ohstopit:

The Zooms seems bugged. When i have my Sniper riffle i can only zoom 3x. When i´ve holstered it i can zoom up to 8x.
(Via hacking mode)

Yes, I placed every setting on default. And made a new save only for testing purposes and the problem stills on ;/
That's odd, normally a full reinstall should fix issues like this.. do you hear "compressed-like" sounds just during gameplay or since the opening cutscene with Stanley?

Top Bottom