Patch 1.2

+
Im a ps4 player and from restarting the game again and playing for around 3 hrs ive seen less bugs.

The fps are still slow (low 20s at most crowded parts), and i still get the loading of hair/clothes when looking in the mirror. Also get a lot of pop in with npcs loading within view and appearing/dissappearing cars. The thing that gripes me the most though is im still getting inventory notifications for stuff i picked up 5 min ago. With so much stuff happening and loading at once i wonder if the performance would be better if they disabled the inventory notifications, if i wanted to know what i pick up i would open inventory to look at it.

All in all i believe that CDPR has fixed a lot but i think they still have a lot to do if they want to optimise this game on last gen consoles. Definately need to look at inventory and loading issues.

The thing that gripes me the most though is im still getting inventory notifications for stuff i picked up 5 min ago.

That sounds like something that should definitely be reported to CDPR Support. Sounds like it could indicate a process that's stalling something in the engine.

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

Audio crackling still occours, had to turn down to 96k Hz, 24 bits on Realtek Audio,
This phrase solved my audio problems thanks. But I hope CD fixes the audio problems in the next patch..... I thought only I was having audio isues. Thank you very much for your infos..

• Keyboard bindings: It is now possible to bind opening and closing specific panels to the same key.

One of my pet peeves of game UI design is in there. I've never understood why a hotkey that opens a UI panel is not the same damn key that closes it but instead another key such as ESC :)
Seems to work except for opening the map. I use button 4 on my mouse but when I click it again to close the map, nothing happens and I have to press ESC twice to get back to the first-person view. Lame :/
Post automatically merged:

*sigh* NPC's still all crouch like a pack of morons if you do something hostile... (XB1)
Yup. Super annoying. In fact I do not see much improvement to the AI at all. Cars and NPCs still dumb as bricks :/

seems performance and stability not really working man...sad
PC or consoles?
150 hours in game and not a single crash/quit to desktop, GoG version. All drivers updated on mid-end PC... Maybe I'm lucky. Gained maybe 1-2 fps so it's hard to say that it's a boost :)

Is there any way to force the sprint key to work so that if I keep the Shift key held down I sprint and when I release the Shift key I stop sprinting. No matter what key I use either for Hold or Toggle, it does not work and I have to take my finger off W and stop moving entirely to return to walk mode :/

The game aren't not playable on Pc after Patch!
After 10 - 15 " after start to play the game crash!!!
Help please!!

My config PC:
Intel i9-9900K
32 Gb di Ram
2 ssd 2 TB
2x RTX 2080 Ti

The game aren't not playable on Pc after Patch!
After 10 - 15 " after start to play the game crash!!!
Help please!!

My config PC:
Intel i9-9900K
32 Gb di Ram
2 ssd 2 TB
2x RTX 2080 Ti
i can suggest to reinstall the game. as someone mentioned . crashes disappeared after reinstall.

So I've been trying to download this patch all day. I have 400 mbps down and got to 57gb and 97% and then it just froze. Restarted and I've been stuck on 3% for hours. I'm 3 missions from finishing this game and haven't had any major issues pre-patch 1.2 but now I can't even load the game to finish. So dumb.

Many thanks for the hard work! I definitely can feel game running a bit smoother then before and finally can do some missions that bugged out on my first playthrough. (Happy Together was one). Still would love to be able to rebind F to another key for use as I don't use WASD but found where you keep the bindings and manually updated it myself again. Love the updates and thanks!

Finally managed to play with 1.2 installed.

I'm on Series X, and i noticed ads and various objects having a better res now.

I noticed little things not listed in the patch notes, like added sound fx while browsing the menus, audio feedback for items crafted, and other nice nuances.

Cars DEFINITELY feel better now, pedestrians say thanks, i no longer run over them the moment i blink.

It's much easier to loot items now.

Cops are the overpowered bastards they've always been, but at least it takes longer for them to reach you and it's easier to evade those fuckers now.

THANK YOU for the slider increasing NPC's overhead subtitles size, i was losing my sight trying to read those on my 55". Also, i noticed that even if you disable them completely, you are still able to read translated lines from foreign languages, which is niiiice.

Still have to investigate a lot of stuff, but so far so good. There's still work to be done from CDPR's part, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

Just want to say this before I play the new patch ,,,, If I interact with an NPC and its mouth doesn't move this patch was a waste of bandwidth and time

I try to install the patch on my PS5 and 20 minutes before the download is finished I get: CE-107887-1
Restart doesn't work so I deleted the patch and started again, same result.
Anyone knows what is going on?

Attachments

• patch 1.20.jpg
    patch 1.20.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 63
Just want to say this before I play the new patch ,,,, If I interact with an NPC and its mouth doesn't move this patch was a waste of bandwidth and time
you mean normal npcs? when was talking to them now . two npcs sitting somewhere, the mouth was moving. edit: tested with more. Mouth is moving.

The patch brought my system to its knees. 30-40 FPS in the city at the beginning of the game, where I used to get 55+

2080s OCed/3700x

At first, it looked like performance were better. Now... Not so much. I brought down my settings to low-mid, RT med (shadows off), dlss balanced, 1440p, still less than 40FPS.

this is the bug im talking about in photomode, can someone test it? Already contacted Cd project and reported the bug. BUt discovered somth elsen ow. When I zoom in twice and immediately go into photo mode the bug doesn't appear. But if you wait zoomed in and then go to photomode te bug is there.
Just tried doing this, my photomode zoom is working properly :(

• Keyboard bindings: It is now possible to bind opening and closing specific panels to the same key.

One of my pet peeves of game UI design is in there. I've never understood why a hotkey that opens a UI panel is not the same damn key that closes it but instead another key such as ESC :)
This doesn't seem very comprehensive. I set my map view to button 4 but pressing this twice does not open and close the map. I have to press ESC twice to return to the first-person view. Reading incoming messages with Z also doesn't close when I press Z again. Why do a lot of game devs have such a fixation against using pop-up map/info/stus screen keys as toggles rather than using a separate close key like ESC all the time?

Top Bottom