What after Cyberpunk?

+
More Cyberpunk, more stories involving V in the Cyberpunk universe. Expand the lore and the world. The universe has such an amazing potential. I want a much better and improved successor for Cyberpunk. A Cyberpunk 2078 or something. Something single player. Something like the Witcher 3 to Witcher 1 &2, RDR2 to RDR1, or GTA V to GTA IV.

Now that they finally have a bunch of tools, algorithms, and the experience of developing something like Cyberpunk on top of the rights, it would be such a waste for them to go do something different that would require a different set of tools and skills to develop.

But I know they most likely would release a Cyberpunk multiplayer mode first or something after they're done with the patches, the free DLCs, and the paid expansions for Cyberpunk 2077. So I guess I'll have to wait.

Space opera opens up possibilities to visit variety of strange alien planets, all kind of architecture, immerse yourself in stories and characters, gameplay. I see great potential in space opera game.

Anything will do really, as long as CDPR continues to focus on strong narratives and characters. I'm sure they have learned a lot from CP2077.

Whatever it may be, I hope they reevaluate some standard open world design concepts. I'm getting kind of tired of map-question-markers and yellow railroads. It was already outdated in RDR2 and GTA5. They promote linear gameplay and leaves the open world pointless imho.

Can’t say that I care. Or, depends on what I end up thinking about Cyberpunk, but so far it looks like it’s the last ”big” game (of any company) that I bother following so what ever comes next is all the same by me.

But, even so, it seems CP will be CDPR’s thing for quite some time still and I don’t see them multibranching any time soon.

As much as Bethesda angered me and I thought I was done with them. Because of the fact they are now purchased by another company that I think will use them to draw customers to their product (the MS game service) and not see the customer of the game as THE product and investors of that game as their customers...

What I mean is I think MS will not care what is in the game they will only care if it is attractive to players to draw them to the MS game service. So they will leave the game DNA to the DEV and not insist on things like loot boxes and micro transactions.

So I am now looking forward to a PC game tag team of Cyberpunk - Starfield - TES - Fallout - (repeat) for the next decade or two. If I am lucky a new HL game will be in there someplace as well.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not love the way combat works in Witcher. However if the combat systems are new in the next Witcher I will try it because I know I am missing out on some GREAT story and content otherwise.

Edit: It is ironic how I do not like the current combat in the Witcher because my favorite combat game is Hellish Quart, made by a single person DEV who happen to have been an animator and designer for the Witcher combat. :shrug:

Last edited:
Space opera along an engaging story and characters with fun but challenging gameplay.
Think about galactic schemes, mysteries of universe, aliens, horror ....
My dream is a Raised By Wolves or Dune game (or a new IP with a very similar setting) made by CDPR (the only company that could make those universes justice IMO)

OOOh yes! DUNE! The spice ! i can smell it!
1620996294452.png

Are you guys this excited for a new CDPR game? I gotta admit I've lost quite a lot of faith in them. I'm not planning to follow the marketing hype machine that got us fooled the last time anymore. I'd like to see cyberpunk in somewhat of a finished state first, before even thinking about the future.

Well,you have Biomutant coming and it looks a pretty and enjoyable game...from cd,as of now i will only get their games after i find it on sale...i will never buy from them again day one...i know it is a bit rough just becouse of one game but it took me by surprise what they did,so i cant care less what comes next from them...

Cyberpunk1977

As your current V, you try and survive 1977.

Certain implants must be removed and replaced with human doner organs or your V will die.

Can’t say that I care. Or, depends on what I end up thinking about Cyberpunk, but so far it looks like it’s the last ”big” game (of any company) that I bother following so what ever comes next is all the same by me.

But, even so, it seems CP will be CDPR’s thing for quite some time still and I don’t see them multibranching any time soon.
As far as I know, they are working at restructuring things so they can work on several big projects at the same time. So my guess is that they are aiming at continuing the development of CP and start working on the next Witcher game, but just haven't announced it yet, probably because it's to early and also because it's probably not wise at the moment given the CP release and the tension among the fans. As I think a lot of people could misunderstand it for meaning that they were throwing CP under the bus. Which I don't think they intend to do. And again, because they probably don't have the structure setup for it yet.

But my guess is that they are working on a new Witcher game and probably have for a while, like story, concept etc. But they need the restructure to be able to develop and support two games of these sizes first.

Top Bottom