The 'F' Button is Forced back after 1.2 patch

+
So, the F (letter) button for nearly every useful interactive function is forced back on us after the 1.2 Patch.

I've tried to change the inputUserMappings file and all I get ingame now is 'Unknown Function' as the text .. so, I've had to reset it all back to the F key.

This game is broken for this one single, utterly simple and profoundly annoying thing.

I cannot play Cyberpunk with this keyboard configuration.

...Seriously? I mean, I can absolutely see how this can be sliightly annoying to some people? Sure, sure. Saying the game is broken, just because of ..this and -this- being profoundly annoying thing?

Uhhhhhhh..... O-ooookay.

...Seriously? I mean, I can absolutely see how this can be sliightly annoying to some people? Sure, sure. Saying the game is broken, just because of ..this and -this- being profoundly annoying thing?

Uhhhhhhh..... O-ooookay.

You might think this is a bit of an over-reaction, but for me, this makes the game unplayable, therefore, broken.

Small things are the same as big things when they have this effect.

I can see this is more than slightly annoying for people, but the "broken" claim is uttery absurd.
The game could be played with F key, I've done it. It might be stupid to force it, it might cause complication to people used to play on arrows f.e. but it is not broken.

Like cars with manual transmission are not broken for not having automatic.

BAV51

Forum regular
I was using a mod that modified the inputUserMappings file and it was overwritten. So I modified it myself

I have swapped F to E and E to F, works fine.

The way I did it was to "Replace" IK_E to an unused key, then IK_F to IK_E, then from the unused key to IK_F

I used Mouse5 as the "unused key"

PS anyone trying this make a copy of "inputUserMappings" just in case

Last edited:
I was using a mod that modified the inputUserMappings file and it was overwritten. So I modified it myself

I have swapped F to E and E to F, works fine.

The way I did it was to "Replace" IK_E to an unused key, then IK_F to IK_E, then from the unused key to IK_F

PS anyone trying this make a copy of "inputUserMappings" just in case

I will try that method, Bav .. as the key I was changing the IK_F to was IK_End, as I use the Arrows keys and the Delete, End and Page Down are the 3 most immediately easy keys to press for the most common interactive and function game uses.

:)
Post automatically merged:

This method works, I can confirm this, many thanks, BAV

Last edited:
Top Bottom