How many more patches are required

+
Most of the perks are working now and a tonne of them got fixed in 1.2. For some reason CDPR just never documented them.

I love the game and I'm active in the modding community where I get to learn new skills, solve problems and share the cool stuff I made. When I run into bugs or quirky mechanics, I write them down because I find it interesting and it helps to understand how things work when poking around the game files anyway.

Occasionally I understand a problem well enough to submit a bug report and every bug I've reported so far has gotten fixed in the following patch.

Play the game or don't. Help fix the bugs or don't. But this whole thing where you put all your hopes and dreams into a promise to fix everything in the game by a set date is a fantasy. How long will it take to fix all the bugs? How long is a piece of string?

So my recommendation is to go and do something you enjoy and come back to CP2077 later. If its a whole new game then great! If not, then just play something else for a while. I do this all the time in Warframe. I leave it when I get bored. I come back to a slew of new content and fixes every 6 months to a year. Its just magically there because I never had to wait for it. I enjoy all of my time in Warframe because the minute I don't, I'm outta there. See ya in 6 months.
You say most are fixed so tell me witch ones are fixed then, i only know of one that was fixed.

1. Anamnasis now works, although the description is misleading. You can go below the 2/3/4 RAM threshold at each rank but it just immediately resets your RAM to 2/3/4.
2. Daisy Chain now correctly reduces remaining quickhack cooldowns by 10%/35%/50%. Rank 1/3 was grossly overperforming before 1.2.
3. All top level perks now function as described i.e. Merciless, Crazy Science etc. Dragon Strike does apply its crit damage buff but it didn't show up on the character sheet while I had a blade equipped. Not sure why.
4. Hasty Retreat increases movement speed upon detection now although its hard to test if the correct percentage bonus is being applied due to the convoluted way in which movement speed is calculated.
5. Hard Motherfucker's stackable armour/resistance bonus no longer disappears permanently when you load game state.
6. Guerilla's stackable crit damage bonus no longer disappears permanently when you load game state.

Thats just the shit I tested.

Perks that still don't work (or do not function as described) in 1.2:

1. Offensive Defense still incorrectly applies its 3x damage multiplier to heavy attacks making it grossly overperforming. It should only apply to defensive attacks. Not gonna lie, when they fix this I'm going to miss smashing scavs with 200k+ blade crits.
2. Bunker still literally does nothing. It should give an armour + resistance buff when shooting behind cover. Doesn't say if it has an ICD or the duration of the effect. No buff icon.
3. Revamp also literally does nothing. Its supposed to increase tech weapon damage by 25% (not that tech weapons need a damage buff but hey...)

I haven't gone through the complete list because theres a whole bunch of other things I want to do in the game besides writing undocumented patch notes.

Last edited:
Before the release I think there were leaks that development team insisted for one more year and I can agree that be the end of 2021 we should see a game in a state which they were aiming for.

TW3 took about half a year. My guess is this needs at least a year but I really doubt they'll continue patching beyond that.

Depends, maybe a couple of 1.2 size like patches will be enough. Speaking of time, it should come faster if there's no interruptions for developers to work on the game, things like ransomware attacks delay everything by weeks. Pandemic definitely affects the speed of progress as well. Attack did already happen and we got the patch on March instead of February.

Short answer: a lot. With a game this massive, every patch will fix some things and break others. The real question here is: Does cdpr still view this game as something they should put 100% effort and money into, or will they cut losses and give it skeleton crew as they move towards other games. I'd like to believe Cdpr wouldn't want to let that happen, but at some point business is business. I'd be the biggest disappointment in a long time, that will likely not be forgotten...but if they can't make it work they can't make it work. For the content filled game we all want, it'd take easily another 2-4 years.

1. Anamnasis now works, although the description is misleading. You can go below the 2/3/4 RAM threshold at each rank but it just immediately resets your RAM to 2/3/4.
2. Daisy Chain now correctly reduces remaining quickhack cooldowns by 10%/35%/50%. Rank 1/3 was grossly overperforming before 1.2.
3. All top level perks now function as described i.e. Merciless, Crazy Science etc. Dragon Strike does apply its crit damage buff but it didn't show up on the character sheet while I had a blade equipped. Not sure why.
4. Hasty Retreat increases movement speed upon detection now although its hard to test if the correct percentage bonus is being applied due to the convoluted way in which movement speed is calculated.
5. Hard Motherfucker's stackable armour/resistance bonus no longer disappears permanently when you load game state.
6. Guerilla's stackable crit damage bonus no longer disappears permanently when you load game state.

Thats just the shit I tested.

Perks that still don't work (or do not function as described) in 1.2:

1. Offensive Defense still incorrectly applies its 3x damage multiplier to heavy attacks making it grossly overperforming. It should only apply to defensive attacks. Not going to lie, I'm going to miss smashing scavs with 200k+ blade crits.
2. Bunker still literally does nothing. It should give an armour + resistance buff when shooting behind cover. Doesn't say if it has an ICD or the duration of the effect. No buff icon.
3. Revamp also literally does nothing. Its supposed to increase tech weapon damage by 25% (not that tech weapons need a damage buff but hey...)

I haven't gone through the complete list because theres a whole bunch of other things I want to do in the game besides writing undocumented patch notes.
Thank you for the list.
I know about Merciless but did not know about the others.
I wish CDPR tell us all the fixes they do so we don't ask for fixes that have been corrected.

I have no idea why they didn't document the perk fixes. The top level ones and Guerilla/Hard Motherfucker I get because they are broken by save/load game state so they could have been byproducts of a fix to some save/load issue that was documented in the patch notes. The others like Anamnasis/Daisy Chain I don't get. Maybe the list was getting too long...

Save/load still breaks a bunch of stuff but I have already reported the bug where loot is resetting to level 1 and enemies in hostile zones become permanently alerted (even when undetected).

"HOW MANY MORE PATCHES ARE REQUIRED"

As long the game is running, it will always be in need of maintenance, as it slowly but surely deteriorates. The devs will continue to service and maintain CP77 as required. They'll do that by installing, patches, updates, (hot)fixes, DLCs and eventually if the game allows it, extensions.

Last edited:
your dev will schedule your second patch 2-3 weeks after your first patch, depending on the manufacturer of your patch, and what grouping you are in :smart:

Last edited:
Thank you for the list.
I know about Merciless but did not know about the others.
I wish CDPR tell us all the fixes they do so we don't ask for fixes that have been corrected.
Yeah, this. It's really hard to plan and develop a build for your character when you have only vague information about what perks work and which ones don't. I know you can respec but that's a hassle and I'm not great at rigorously testing stuff either. So whoever posted the list of perk confirmations above - thank you. Incredibly helpful. 👌

Also @Fins_FinsT
I'm stealing "Hopium" great word, First time I've seen it, and love it. :)

Last edited:
How many patches are required? It depends on the number of monkeys, and if we have to do the math it is likely something like this..
60 monkeys on 40 computers while having the need of sleep, overtime and ball-itching and banana eating you can consider it all well.. to take some time :)
I have a good computer so, I haven't had any issues, I just need 10 posts to make my own post 4/10, ty!

I have a good computer so, I haven't had any issues, I just need 10 posts to make my own post 4/10, ty!
Yes I have pc also and i feel like ive been fine all along, and keep enjoying

and you can do it buddy! I was you a month or two ago! POST HARD!

Top Bottom