The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
The Forlorn Hope

A place to hang out and chat. Started as a Solo bar, focussed on Long March survivors, now open to anyone who walks the Edge in Night City. Relax and have a drink, choomba!
* WingedArchon enter while already being hammered *

The what now?
Just gimme another one of thoooseee.. XD

The U.S. Men's National Soccer (Football) Team looks promising for the first time since probably 2010. Christian Pulisic and Weston McKinney continue to play at an extremely high level. There's also lot's a promise with Sergino Dest, Tyler Adams, Giovanni Reyna and Brendan Aaronson. And John Brooks is suddenly the old man of the core group at 28 years old. Weird. Anyways, definitely feel better about the team than I have in a decade or so.

Yeah, the US team seems to have a lot potential these days.

In the Austrian league, Aaronson had a pretty impressive start for his new team. I doubt he‘ll stay here any longer than one more season and likely move to a top league.

I've no interest in football, but it's impossible to not see news about it when our national team has, for the first time ever, made it to the European Championships.

Yeah, not even World (that will never happen), just European -- and still even the national news is super excited about it. We're no football country... :p

Yeah, it's now easier than ever to qualify for the European championships.

That being said, the world championships will be much easier for small nations too very soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if Finland will be able to qualify again some day (2026: 48 nations are competing... before that it has been 32 since 1998... ).

Still, Finland has super tough opponents in this tournament.

Still, Finland has super tough opponents in this tournament.
Yeah, literally every other team most likely. :LOL:

At least there's no way, even if by some miracle we make it to the final, the gold will be snatched away by Canada again, like with hockey this year. :p
Sweden, however...

Yeah, literally every other team most likely. :LOL:

At least there's no way, even if by some miracle we make it to the final, the gold will be snatched away by Canada again, like with hockey this year. :p
Sweden, however...

Yeah, no Canada this time. Even a single point would be almost like a miracle in this football tournament :D

And yeah, that hockey finale must have been pretty frustrating...

And yeah, that hockey finale must have been pretty frustrating...
I don't really care as long as it isn't Sweden beating us, and even then simply because of the ever-present, good-natured rivalry between Finland and Sweden.

And on that note, my only wish for Euro 2021 is that we do better than Sweden -- but I also know they're significantly better at football than we are. :p

People making real money out of selling virtual land in a virtual world? Seems far-fetched to me. What do you guys think?

People making real money out of selling virtual land in a virtual world? Seems far-fetched to me. What do you guys think?
It's not new, it reminds me of some minecraft server where you have to make a "donation" to have a "large" piece of land to build your stuff. In short, real money for a virtual piece of land in virtual world :)

People making real money out of selling virtual land in a virtual world?
It's not new, it reminds me of some minecraft server where you have to make a "donation" to have a "large" piece of land to build your stuff. In short, real money for a virtual piece of land in virtual world

BangHead1.gif

Not "make game and charge an effective price for the value"..."try to make virtual drug and encourage irresponsible financial behavior to exploit players for as long as possible."

I can't judge the quality of the game, but I disagree with the entire premise.

View attachment 11228915

Not "make game and charge an effective price for the value"..."try to make virtual drug and encourage irresponsible financial behavior to exploit players for as long as possible."

I can't judge the quality of the game, but I disagree with the entire premise.
If you want to lose complete faith in humanity, they also sell stars of the firmament so you can name them and they give you a certificate (only visible ones) and they promise that they will sent to space the certificates... when only the International Astronomical Union can name a star (and all visible ones are named since...forever?)

I just watched a video on Youtube called "World's Most Polite Robbery." I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but I had to mention it at least because it was the most surreal thing I've ever witnessed. Go look it up.

Top Bottom