How to beat Inspired Zeal Blue Stripes

+
This deck keeps getting buffed more and more and I still don't understand how to even beat it. It consistently does huge Commando swings in R2 and R3 and it always beats me. In R1 it spawns two Commandos with Roche and if I don't deal with them immediately they will snowball, but I can't deal with that unless I have a ton of control. So how should I do it?
I feel like it's unbeatable unless you deal with it R1.

This deck keeps getting buffed more and more and I still don't understand how to even beat it. It consistently does huge Commando swings in R2 and R3 and it always beats me. In R1 it spawns two Commandos with Roche and if I don't deal with them immediately they will snowball, but I can't deal with that unless I have a ton of control. So how should I do it?
I feel like it's unbeatable unless you deal with it R1.
Really depends on what type of deck you're playing. I just beat this deck twice on seasonal with my homebrew Harmony one, and I can't say it was close in either match. You need to outpoint their sequence and hold an occasional tall removal to keep within range.

Really depends on what type of deck you're playing. I just beat this deck twice on seasonal with my homebrew Harmony one, and I can't say it was close in either match. You need to outpoint their sequence and hold an occasional tall removal to keep within range.
Harmony in ranked.

Harmony in ranked.
People are so prejudiced, good luck progressing in the game with that mindset btw.

Edit: Funny thing - Call of Harmony has a higher play and win rate than Inspired Zeal this season in Pro rank, so you may as well tell those players they are playing the wrong archetype?

Last edited:
People are so prejudiced, good luck progressing in the game with that mindset btw.

Edit: Funny thing - Call of Harmony has a higher play and win rate than Inspired Zeal this season in Pro rank, so you may as well tell those players they are playing the wrong archetype?
What are you talking about? You asked what I was playing and I answered.

What are you talking about? You asked what I was playing and I answered.
Oh, I apologise about misinterpreting your post. I assumed you were being sarcastic about what I used to beat it, not what you were using as well.

I use good Harmony cards (the gnome, Saskia, etc) to carry round one and prepare Waters for round three with the leader ability. I also reserve a bit of control in case I can delay them from spawning commandos as well as also keep units strength above 3 if possible to prevent Roche from gaining free zeal with an easy kill.

Oh, I apologise about misinterpreting your post. I assumed you were being sarcastic about what I used to beat it, not what you were using as well.

I use good Harmony cards (the gnome, Saskia, etc) to carry round one and prepare Waters for round three with the leader ability. I also reserve a bit of control in case I can delay them from spawning commandos as well as also keep units strength above 3 if possible to prevent Roche from gaining free zeal with an easy kill.
No worries. Harmony isn't that popular so I get the misunderstanding. I should've been more clear.
Thanks for the advice, seems solid. I should probably tweak my deck to include a bit more control just in case of these matchups.

rrc

Forum veteran
Is Saskia really a good card in Harmony? I tried her and I felt she was very underwhelming for her cost. You can get a 5 power dwarf which is the only good reliable option to be a 10 for 11. If you play her for her unique tag, wouldn't the immune dragon save you some provisions? Don't get me wrong, I am genuinely curious. If you play her for her harmony tag, I somehow feel like she is not worth her cost. One remote niche utility will be to get an elf/dwarf/dryad for the 10P Gnome if you couldn't get one of them. Still I felt she is underwhelming. Curious to know your thoughts.

No worries. Harmony isn't that popular so I get the misunderstanding. I should've been more clear.
Thanks for the advice, seems solid. I should probably tweak my deck to include a bit more control just in case of these matchups.
Honestly, I also thought you were sarcastic when you said "Harmony in ranked" :ROFLMAO: If you play ST, Crushing Trap is a very good option. Not just for Commandos, but it is one of the best traps out there which can get very good value. Against Lippy and against any other deck which is not armour heavy or shield heavy, Crushing Trap can get very good values. I had got 12+ point many times and had won games due to this card.

Is Saskia really a good card in Harmony? I tried her and I felt she was very underwhelming for her cost. You can get a 5 power dwarf which is the only good reliable option to be a 10 for 11. If you play her for her unique tag, wouldn't the immune dragon save you some provisions? Don't get me wrong, I am genuinely curious. If you play her for her harmony tag, I somehow feel like she is not worth her cost. One remote niche utility will be to get an elf/dwarf/dryad for the 10P Gnome if you couldn't get one of them. Still I felt she is underwhelming. Curious to know your thoughts.
That new Harmony tag does make a difference for her, actually, because not only she's a unique tag, she's also an engine now. 1 harmony proc gets her to break even. Now, is that "good" for a legendary card? Ehhh, it's not great, but I feel like she was actually one of the main reasons Harmony got me to pro this season.

Edit: all things considered, she's not as "bad" as Waters :D :D God, to see myself type that. Poor harmony...

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Saskia isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but she's certainly flexible enough for a few reasons: I try to play her the same turn I play Barnabas (gosh, I love this card art, very Discworld-like) so she can fill the spot of the basic unit I'm missing; she also works as en engine now and adds 2 bodies on the board at once (good against Sabertooth and Predatory Dive), and finally it's not unusual to draw removal on the spawned dryad if the opponent suspects I'm playing a Symbiosis hybrid version of the deck. All in all, I try to draw the most out of her flexibility, even though she's admittedly quite pricey.
Edit: all things considered, she's not as "bad" as Waters :D :D God, to see myself type that. Poor harmony...
Right on, I play Waters mostly out of obligation for a good start in round three (Waters + Dana), but this card can easily become a 4-power engine for 12 provisions. It's a long term bet to fulfill this card's promise.

she also works as en engine now and adds 2 bodies on the board at once (good against Sabertooth and Predatory Dive)

In my harmony deck, bodies on the board becomes quite important for synergizing with the witcher units I've included... Cat Witcher Mentor, Gaetan, and Gezras all benefit by swarming tokens. Saskia, Figgis, Waters, oakcritters, and half-elves all help quickly populate a row for the witchers while triggering harmony as well.

Top Bottom