Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
I know I'm not the only one requesting and writing about this in the forum, but I would definitely like a way to customize the vehicules we have.
Actually, you have an option to "borrow" a new ride if you don't like your current one. Of course it will not follow you by the whistle, but (thanks to one of latest patches) will stay in place where you have left it.

I know I'm not the only one requesting and writing about this in the forum, but I would definitely like a way to customize the vehicules we have. The same could be done with the clothes we have, perhaps through a free transmog system.
I would like customization on an even smaller scale. Nothing is worse than trying to farm an item you really want and having it turn up with a skin you detest when you finally loot it. Let me pick the skins and color schemes for my items, if you don't mind.

Some people may like the Bitch (tm) skin for their Defender mini-gun or Yukie smart pistol, but I am not one of those people. And yeah, no pink weapon scopes, please.
Actually, you have an option to "borrow" a new ride if you don't like your current one. Of course it will not follow you by the whistle, but (thanks to one of latest patches) will stay in place where you have left it.
If this is the feature that has made it so that the car I summon doesn't despawn and sometimes comes to me all bashed in if I call for it again in another location, then that really needs to be fixed so that vehicles automatically despawn and regen damage after an idle period of say, 5 minutes.

Either that or give me a tutorial in the database to show me what I am doing wrong and help me properly use the feature.

Last edited:
Your definition of superficial might not cross pollenate with someone else's, so what do you mean by "superficial" and how does that differentiate from "functional / structural."

Superficial = Graphical bug
Functional/Structural = Brain-dead AI for NPCs

Superficial = NPC clothes clipping
Functional/Structural = NPC driving is on rails instead of using an AI

Superficial = Scanning UI is less cluttered
Functional/Structural = Police 'Wanted' system is simplistic, even when not compared to other games.

That kind of thing.

Some fixes that might not seem important to you may be very important to someone else. If the fix you want is really important to you, you should be reporting it to the CDPR devs through the proper channels. Complaining about it in the forums will not give your issue the attention you think it deserves.

My dude...the thread is called "REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS FROM FUTURE PATCH 1.3 (THEORETICAL)".
If this isn't the place to talk publicly about features, where is?

Superficial = Graphical bug
Functional/Structural = Brain-dead AI for NPCs

Superficial = NPC clothes clipping
Functional/Structural = NPC driving is on rails instead of using an AI

Superficial = Scanning UI is less cluttered
Functional/Structural = Police 'Wanted' system is simplistic, even when not compared to other games.

Some of your notions jive with mine and some don't. I am also not good with sketchy police AI, dumb crowds, and CDPR enforcing the stereotype of terrible West Coast drivers.

I don't feel that NPC clothes clipping is superficial. The male joytoy's junk should not be poking through his pants while he's standing on the street corner.

This is a sign of missing or broken textures which probably will affect V at some point since V also has clothes clipping, grey skin, and character mesh bugs that still exist.

My dude...the thread is called "REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS FROM FUTURE PATCH 1.3 (THEORETICAL)".
If this isn't the place to talk publicly about features, where is?
As long as you are aware that publicly talking about features you want fixed will not necessarily get them fixed.

Bugs need to be reported; not complained about in the forums.

Last edited:
Some of your notions jive with mine and some don't. I am also not good with sketchy police AI, dumb crowds, and CDPR enforcing the stereotype of terrible West Coast drivers.

I live in San Diego; that rep is well-deserved, I assure you.

I don't feel that NPC clothes clipping is superficial. The male joytoy's junk should not be poking through his pants while he's standing on the street corner.

It's both literally and figuratively superficial, by definition.
And I'd rather they fixed the AI before they worry about seeing some dude's junk through his pants.

As long as you are aware that publicly talking about features you want fixed will not necessarily get them fixed.

I'm told some of the devs read this forum; I'll take my chances.
Besides, I find some of these discussions interesting.

Bugs need to be reported; not complained about in the forums.

Thing is, what I'm talking about is design rather than bugs.
A bug is when something is broken; design problems are when something works perfectly as intended, but it's doing the job wrong or poorly. And I don't know whether we're allowed to report design issues...or even how.

I live in San Diego; that rep is well-deserved, I assure you.
I live in Baltimore and work in Richmond, VA. We are also pretty horrible drivers.
And I'd rather they fixed the AI before they worry about seeing some dude's junk through his pants.
Yeah, I don't need to see that spectacle while casually strolling through Night City. That shit needed fixing.
Besides, I find some of these discussions interesting.
Oh, I'm not suggesting that we should not discuss these things. I'm saying that they might not get fixed if we don't make the devs aware of the problems as we perceive them and as we encounter them.
Thing is, what I'm talking about is design rather than bugs.
A bug is when something is broken; design problems are when something works perfectly as intended, but it's doing the job wrong or poorly. And I don't know whether we're allowed to report design issues...or even how.
Okay, we're now reaching common ground and I am not sure what to tell you. The game working as CDPR designed it and the game working the way I would like it to are two different and mutually exclusive things. I think that maybe some of these ideas were too ambitious for the development timetable and were either scrapped or short tracked for the sake of getting a game on store shelves.

As much as I hate to see these types of design issues appear in games, if CDPR kept on devoting time to development, we might still be waiting for release or might not have seen a game at all. As they say, a plan is only a plan when you enact the plan. At some point for better or worse, you keep your promise and put your product on the market.

I personally am of the unpopular opinion that there never should've been a current gen release of this game. It should've been native to PS5 / Xbox S/X / Stadia etc and naturally I believe this because I am an entitled geek jerkface that was able to secure a next gen console on Cyber Monday. I feel that CDPR is spinning their wheels trying to make this game work on current gen and the design issue we see now might not be so prevalent on next gen systems that are better able to process the code and visually render the game. I believe that CDPR is doing its God level best to get a game to run on current gen that maybe wasn't meant to run on current gen all for the sake of keeping a promise and holding themselves to a high standard.

Fortunately for all of you, CDPR cares more about your customer satisfaction than I do ( ;) :LOL:) and continues to toil away to make sure that they do the most good for the most people.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't need to see that spectacle while casually strolling through Night City. That shit needed fixing.

I think it could have waited; isn't there a way to turn off the nudity in Settings? I'd imagine that'd get rid of the weenie-show.

Oh, I'm not suggesting that we should not discuss these things. I'm saying that they might not get fixed if we don't make the devs aware of the problems as we perceive them and as we encounter them.

Your phrasing suggested otherwise, but very well; I accept your clarification. :)

Okay, we're now reaching common ground and I am not sure what to tell you. The game working as CDPR designed it and the game working the way I would like it to are two different and mutually exclusive things.

Agreed.

I think that maybe some of these ideas were too ambitious for the development timetable and were either scrapped or short tracked for the sake of getting a game on store shelves.

Some, maybe, but I think some are just implemented badly.
I mean, GTA-style police/wanted systems are in a lot of games, now; that CDPR did such a half-hearted job on theirs is simply boggling.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought people--the end users--wouldn't care.
I know that sounds stupid, but given what I've seen from people with ties to CDPR, they seem to have made a lot of assumptions about what players will do--because it's what they would do--and those assumptions were, if not outright wrong, at least quite limited.
It's the same with music choices; there is a quote from an interview with a dev or two about the music in the game, and they said, essentially, that people would prefer the 90s sound to the more common 80s sound associated with cyberpunk, that people would hear it and go, "That's not what I expected, but I love it!" ...only it wasn't what I expected and that's half of why I hated it (the other half is that I hated the 90s when they were happening).

Basically, it sounds to me like CDPR was developing this game in an echo chamber, and they were out of touch with a fair portion of the gaming community and what we actually wanted from a Cyberpunk game.

As much as I hate to see these types of design issues appear in games, if CDPR kept on devoting time to development, we might still be waiting for release or might not have seen a game at all.

Honestly...? I'd rather have waited and got something of quality.
Nobody can deny that the release of this game was a disaster, and it seems to have been so because the game was rushed out the door when it wasn't ready.

I personally am of the unpopular opinion that there never should've been a current gen release of this game.

Agreed.

From what I've heard, they expended so much time and energy trying to get the game to work on outdated consoles that it almost certainly impacted the quality of the final product.

I feel that CDPR is spinning their wheels trying to make this game work on current gen and the design issue we see now might not be so prevalent on next gen systems that are better able to process the code and visually render the game.

It sounds to me like you're a console gamer. Me, I'm on a high-end PC.

Truth is, I haven't really noticed any bugs since the first hotfix. Maybe a few clipping issues, a car being summoned and appearing underground, and maybe once a month. Tops.
I'm much more concerned about the design of the game than I am about fixing bugs.

I believe that CDPR is doing its God level best to get a game to run on current gen that maybe wasn't meant to run on current gen all for the sake of keeping a promise and holding themselves to a high standard.

They have a lot of other promises they haven't kept. (And I don't want to argue over whether they were "promises"; that's just shorthand for "talked big/didn't deliver".)

Fortunately for all of you, CDPR cares more about your customer satisfaction than I do ( ;) :LOL:) and continues to toil away to make sure that they do the most good for the most people.

Well, let's hope they start focusing on the game's design, soon, because there have been very few "fixes" that have impacted my experience at all.

Hell, one way to shut me up--if that's ever CDPR's goal--is to make the monorail something you can ride in first person.
That alone would hold me for a while, even though it's not something more fundamental like fixing AI.

Basically, it sounds to me like CDPR was developing this game in an echo chamber, and they were out of touch with a fair portion of the gaming community and what we actually wanted from a Cyberpunk game.
Well to be fair CDPR wasn't exactly developing this game in a vacuum. I imagine balancing community concerns while still keeping the game respectful to Mike Pondsmith's original ideas and concepts for the game world could not have been easy.

Occasionally you will have to remind your customers that they are customers and not developers and they should not always expect to have a say in those sorts of discussions or decisions.
It sounds to me like you're a console gamer. Me, I'm on a high-end PC..

Yep I'm on a console. My blade servers are for tinkering and home office use and my S/X is for fun. I need that degree of separation. I am surrounded by PCs and servers when I am at work and do not find them to be particularly fun. I enjoy working with them, but that is not the same as enjoying leisure time.
Well, let's hope they start focusing on the game's design, soon, because there have been very few "fixes" that have impacted my experience at all.

I honestly do not think we will see any significant game design issues addressed with the current gen release. I think that happens with the next gen release. Hopefully we will also get to have all of the cut features reinstated like wall walking with Mantis Blades installed and the ability to ride the metro.

If not, then I feel that the next gen release should come with a mod kit and mod installation capability for both PC and Console so that everyone can enjoy the unofficial fixes and mods for the game that have reinstated cut material and made other enhancements..... bearing in mind that they are indeed unofficial and accepting the risk upon installation.

Last edited:
Truth is, I haven't really noticed any bugs since the first hotfix. Maybe a few clipping issues, a car being summoned and appearing underground, and maybe once a month. Tops.
I'm much more concerned about the design of the game than I am about fixing bugs.

Focusing on existing bugs/problems for those who encounter them before adding new contents and functionalities, seem to be a rather good idea for me :)

The game is broken for me on PS5 after the patch. Before: fast loading times, pretty graphics. Now after 1.2 patch: long loading times, terrible pop in, terrible LOD. I don't know what they did to the PS4 version, but these changes led to problems with the PS5 version.
Exact same issue for PS4 PRO, I would endure the crashes from release to have the graphic fidelity back or at least an option to toggle between performance & graphics as many titles currently have on the PRO.

Noticed this bit by bit with every patch / update since launch. Even kept my version at 1.6 for the longest time and avoided updates in fear of this, but took a chance after many updates had been released in the hopes it wouldn't continue to degrade & possibly fix issues that have been in game since launch.

I wish I didn't now :(

What needs to be fixed from bugs in the new patch:
1. Fix the inability to pick up 10% of the items in the world.
2. Fix changes in the volume of music, as well as fix rare crackling music.
3. Fix the spawn of the car, as often the car spawns in other objects and flips over.
4. Set the correct disappearance of scopes when disassembling them, because now they do not disappear from the menu. Also add to all items for crafting a strip with the number of items to create. Also fix the display of the comparison of the characteristics of different items, because the windows are not always displayed in the menu.
5. Fix missing icons in inventory.
6. Fix black textures bugs on roads, as well as fix missing textures on NPC bodies when dismembering them. Today some parts of bodies, when dismembered, look like clay or creamy plastic with white texture, the same problem with white blood. This problem dates back to the very first versions of the game.
7. Fix the spawn of dead bodies that fall from the sky.
8. Other minor bugs in missions: for example, when the NPC leaves the mission area. Other minor bugs in the game balance.

Last edited:
Focusing on existing bugs/problems for those who encounter them before adding new contents and functionalities, seem to be a rather good idea for me :)
Problem is, they're not new functionalities.

They're parts of the game that should have been there from the beginning.

Today some parts of bodies, when dismembered, look like clay or creamy plastic with white texture, the same problem with white blood. This problem dates back to the very first versions of the game.
Actually I think that's there by design and I don't think it's a problem.

Not every fluid that a cyborg has in its body is necessarily natural like blood, bile, stomach acid, or cerebrospinal fluid.

Stands to reason since not all of its limbs or organs are organic and in the case of a full body conversion, there might not be any natural fluids at all.

The gunk you see could be hydraulic fluid that helps keeps artificial limbs moving, some sort of coolant to regulate internal temperature, or even (ick) nanite fluid that helps maintain synthskin and artificial organs (synth-lungs, blood pumps, positronic brains, etc).

Sometimes when you lop off a Malestromer's head, there isn't any blood at all. Just a bunch of snapped electrical cables.

I don't think that's something CDPR messed up. I think it's something they got right.

Last edited:

Not every fluid that a cyborg has in its body is necessarily natural like blood, bile, stomach acid, or cerebrospinal fluid.

Stands to reason since not all of its limbs or organs are organic and in the case of a full body conversion, there might not be any natural fluids at all.

The gunk you see could be hydraulic fluid that helps keeps artificial limbs moving, some sort of coolant to regulate internal temperature, or even (ick) nanite fluid that helps maintain synthskin and artificial organs (synth-lungs, blood pumps, positronic brains, etc).

Sometimes when you lop off a Malestromer's head, there isn't any blood at all. Just a bunch of snapped electrical cables.

I don't think that's something CDPR messed up. I think it's something they got right.
Correct, I am pretty sure.

I don't think it's oil or coolant because blood is a natural coolant that cools and warms. The oil would be clear or dark yellow. The same robots, when killing them, do not have such a liquid, which means, according to logic, people should not have if their limbs are completely robotic. In addition, in my example, you can see both blood and this white liquid, which clearly indicates an error in the dismemberment of one or another part of the body. Ideally, if it were a cyborg, then when killing him, the fluids would have to mix, the color should then be pink (blood + fluid), but this is not so. If it were artificial blood, it should also be red because it carries hemoglobin. And the percentage of blood in the body is always higher than the percentage of other fluids. Even if some mechanism needed cooling or lubrication, the blood still exceeded in volume and the color of the liquid would be close to red. By all accounts, this is clearly a lack of texture bug.
Or is it a bug of incorrect fluid release by certain NPCs. That is, all humanoid beings should not release such a liquid, only robots, because they do not have organic matter.

Last edited:
I just want a stable 30 fps on my ps4 slim, I don't ask more. Maybe an option "fast HD" to choose like the pc owner for people on ps4 fat/slim with SSD but, I repeat, I just want 30 fps stable on my ps4 slim, nothing more

I don't think it's oil or coolant because blood is a natural coolant that cools and warms. The oil would be clear or dark yellow. The same robots, when killing them, do not have such a liquid, which means, according to logic, people should not have if their limbs are completely robotic. In addition, in my example, you can see both blood and this white liquid, which clearly indicates an error in the dismemberment of one or another part of the body. Ideally, if it were a cyborg, then when killing him, the fluids would have to mix, the color should then be pink (blood + fluid), but this is not so. If it were artificial blood, it should also be red because it carries hemoglobin. And the percentage of blood in the body is always higher than the percentage of other fluids. Even if some mechanism needed cooling or lubrication, the blood still exceeded in volume and the color of the liquid would be close to red. By all accounts, this is clearly a lack of texture bug.
Or is it a bug of incorrect fluid release by certain NPCs. That is, all humanoid beings should not release such a liquid, only robots, because they do not have organic matter.
The way the fluids splatter may not look very pretty but it doesn't break my immersion that much. Rendering can only be so realistic.

Also, not all fluids mix. The viscosity of the foreign fluid may be so thick that it actually displaces or pushes aside the blood pooling on the ground. I know that's not what the image looks like, but it's a reasonable enough pseudo explanation for my brain to accept seeing two distinctly different pools of fluid on the pavement.

As for all cybernetic humans requiring hemoglobin, that also may not necessarily be true when you have nanites that can serve the same function as blood cells. Artificial "blood" may be any color in theory. In the Alien franchise, the fluid that sustains android synthetic tissues and limb functionality is also a milky white color.

It doesn't require much handwavery on my part to convince myself that it is not an issue, mostly because I have probably read too much speculative fiction in my lifetime.

Last edited:
The way the fluids splatter may not look very pretty but it doesn't break my immersion that much. Rendering can only be so realistic.

Also, not all fluids mix. The viscosity of the foreign fluid may be so thick that it actually displace or push aside the blood pooling on the ground. I know that's not what the image looks like, but it's a reasonable enough pseudo explanation for my brain to accept it.

As for all cybernetic humans requiring hemoglobin, that also may not necessarily be true when you have nanites that can serve the same function as blood cells. Artificial "blood" may be any color in theory. In the Alien franchise, the fluid that sustains android synthetic tissues and limb functionality is also a milky white color.

It doesn't require much handwavery on my part to convince myself that it is not an issue, mostly because I have probably read too much speculative fiction in my lifetime.
You were faster but ++ to your answer,density(put some oil in a glass of water at home) and nod to Alien franchise androids ( i recall also Ghost in the Shell manga "dolls with white blood" i think)

I don't think that's something CDPR messed up. I think it's something they got rightAfrom

Ash & Bishop from Alien & Aliens respectively come to mind, let alone many other sci-fi flicks over the years.
Just makes sense to me considering the heavy integration of cyberware in some enemies.

Top Bottom