Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
more/larger range of adjustment for controllers in FPV controller section. I want to be able to turn around fast while walking ( higher ramp up multiplier ) while having a slow movement for ADS ( picking off head shots at range) while keeping the initial setting low so I can be precise when just walking around and looting ( not at max input )
as it is either base movement ( non combat ) is too spastic or combat takes too long to turn around to face flanking enemies,or ADS is hyper... so we need more range of multiplier for ramp up and a reducer for ADS so it's slow and precise .
summarized
horizontal and vertical multipliers need to have greater increase potential
ADS horizontal and vertical multipliers need to be able to reduce the base controller setting for precision shooting
Post automatically merged:

how about the thermal vision from BD's as a togglable ( on/off) plugin for your kiroshi eyes along with a 4 slot legendary eye

Last edited:
more/larger range of adjustment for controllers in FPV controller section. I want to be able to turn around fast while walking ( higher ramp up multiplier ) while having a slow movement for ADS ( picking off head shots at range) while keeping the initial setting low so I can be precise when just walking around and looting ( not at max input )
as it is either base movement ( non combat ) is too spastic or combat takes too long to turn around to face flanking enemies,or ADS is hyper... so we need more range of multiplier for ramp up and a reducer for ADS so it's slow and precise .
summarized
horizontal and vertical multipliers need to have greater increase potential
ADS horizontal and vertical multipliers need to be able to reduce the base controller setting for precision shooting
Post automatically merged:

how about the thermal vision from BD's as a togglable ( on/off) plugin for your kiroshi eyes along with a 4 slot legendary eye

Seeing as there's only 3 available mods for the eyes, they might postpone a Legendary version until they have 4+ mods.

If I had to bet, these are the probabilities my crystal ball tells me.

Key for Walking - 0%
Minimap Zoom as a function of velocity - 0%

AI in General* - 0%
Physics in General - 0%
Gameplay Mechanics - O%
Transforming a Potemkin Village into an immersive open world city - 0%

Do not forget that CDPR top brass said this sad excuse of a product deserves already a 9 or 10/10 rating on PC.

*Improved AI is a prerequisite and requirement for an immersive and functional police system, which is coveted by many.

Last edited:
I don't expect to see much more except QoL, UI, bugfixing, and the occasional bit of free content (new outfits, weapons, vehicles, maybe a barber shop or plastic surgeon). All this talk of more vendors, better AI for traffic, NPC's, police, it's all antithetical to the efforts they've been making to try and make the game not run like total **** on last gen consoles.

I just stumbled on a thread showing how the draw distances and LOD have been dropped even further in recent updates, even on PC. They can't just push the magic Optimization Button and simultaneously improve performance AND increase draw distance and systems complexity. Not to the degree people seem to think they'll be satisfied with.

And on anything but low crowd density, my Cyberpunk running on 32GB of RAM, an RTX 2060 and an M2 SSD, still goes from frames in the 60s + when standing still, to stuttering and jittering down closer to 30 during movement in vehicles as it struggles to stream in the new content while on the move.

Realistically? I dont know, I can only make an educated guess at whats realistically doable for the 1.3 patch.

Improved AI across the board would be nice, but I dont know how much goes into that and how much more goes in to making sure whatever AI improvements you did make dont break other parts other parts of the game.

More bug fixes, obviously.

Being able to pick up items off the ground

More graphical fixes/bugs:

(equipping this jacket while wearing a Netrunning suit causes him to be pants-less.)
ClothesBug.jpg

Seeing items/ trash/ props floating in the air. They shouldnt do that.

I've noticed when enemy NPCs pull out their guns they often do this weird arm breaking twisty motion with their arms before the gun settles in the at ready position.

On the smaller side immersion enhancing things like eating and drinking animations when we consume something in our inventory.
The ability to sit on benches or at bars and drink a drink there or just sit.

Having the option to pick what color of clothes or vehicle you want.

Last edited:
This is totally small and nitpicky, but when I scan Hajime Taki in the lounge of Konpeki Plaza during The Heist, can my scan please ID him as Hajime Taki.

I can handwave it away as "He's Arasaka and can control whether or not his SID is active in the database registry," but it stands to reason that if I can positively iD other important named NPCs in the bar like Hideyoshi Oshima, I should be able to ID Taki-san especially since he already IDs himself during his holo-call.

1 - Police chase you on foot (omg that's ridiculous).

2 - Npcs disappearing when you turn the camera too fast after scaring them (ridiculous too).

3 - Cars rendered in 2d keep showing up near you when you're out of town.

4 - Other thing that annoys me is the "pop in" of objects, with each update it gets worse.

5 - Give the option for console players (I play on the PC) to disable "screen space reflection", I'm sure this would save the performance of the consoles and still end up with "Grainy effect ".

- Audio Fixes (especially the radio stations in vehicles, set them all at the same volume regardless of 1st or 3rd perspective and please stop making them cut out or turn off for no reason.

- Still plenty of floating light posts + garbage + signs + etc...

- Fix entire zones that seem to be pitch black when driving through them (even at a slow pace) and often cause accidents with other vehicles that just spawn in without headlights).

- More clothing & weapons to buy (have nothing left to spend eddies on) More apartments luxory and not would be very welcome, but don't view this as a reasonable expectation for CDPR to add anytime soon.

- Same goes for barbers & tattoo artists that we can not only alter or V with, but should also add new tattoos and hairstyles that were not available at launch. Again I don't view this as a reasonable expectation from CDPR this soon, but is definitely needed.

- Vehicle Customization.
Various paint color options in the least and possibly variants of vehicles we see all throughout Night City (so many amazing designs that we cannot own, but can only steal currently).

- Allow us to preview clothing on V before purchasing (the save scumming and reloading to see what gear looks like is getting very old and tiresome).

- More things to do in Night City period. From the widely mentioned eating + sitting & drinking to going on dates with romance options + more brain dance options (such an amazing feature that was highly under utilized) + maybe more exotic pets to own like the iguana in the start of the Nomad life path and more (the cat was interesting at first, but you can't interact with it at all and would be nice to have more options).

- Some mild customization in V's apartment from posters to decorations etc... This has never been CDPR's strong suite even with The Witcher Blood & Wine (loved that Geralt got his own house, but the very little we had to customize didn't allow me to make it my own, though at least it was better than Cyberpunk).

Just to name my top wants and hopes for Cyberpunk going forward and as I mentioned most of these might not be all that reasonable to expect at the pace of things involving updates and what we get currently.
I fear many of these things might never be added (unless done by modders) or will take some time before we ever see them :(

FPV windshield white out

adjustable seat / view in FPV in all vehicles

stabilize vehicles like the kusanagi and the type-66 avenger and cthulhu

PC /controller make ADS able to reduce as well as multiply the base movements, I'm having to set my base movement to what I want for in scope ( ADS ) precision aiming making my base movement too slow even with the ramp up maxed out at 3

fix legendary clothing spec from vendor bug, I'm in the last chapter and NO one is selling any legendary clothing specs ( they sell legendary clothes which negates the improvements of crafted item improvements via perk ) ...and I have all the appropriate skills and perks

fix the bug thorton colby de-spawns in NE if not immediately acquired

since 1.22 bodies at many locations and my cars linger indefinitely....can't be good for performance

floating objects and street signs without poles...these are more prevalent since 1.2 & 1.22

I hope AI, AI and more AI.
But i feel it won't be so easy.

Probably some more generic bug fixing, quest and performance.

What should be fixed? (Reasonable expectations)

- Behavior of NPCs
- it is cloned and unauthentic despite 1.2 patch. Reactions for V's actions are either absurd or non-existent. NPCs response should be diverse, from panic, through shock, to aggression. Not crouching while covering their heads.

- Assigning the few basic characteristics/personalities to NPCs, such as:

- Aggressive/Brave - reacts to V's action with immediate violence in severe cases or with verbal disapproval in case of less severe actions.
- Neutral/Normal - evading V's violent actions, expressing disapproval to less severe actions. Threatening to call the Police, offending.
- Coward/Weak - evading V's actions in panic, freezing, being intimidated by V's presence.

NPCs leaving their cars in reaction for street shooting is idiotic. They should act like in case of GTA-series, running away by car, or running away on foot in certain situations (traffic jam etc). Attacking V by their car in case of agressive/brave characteristic.

- Hardcoded car traffic. There is nothing wrong with the idea itself, yet NPCs in cars should be able to react on V's action by diverting their coded paths.

Bypassing obstacles (V's car, other stopped cars)

Diverse reactions for collisions
(currently cars just stop in the very place they were hit). What would be nice?

- Ignoring the minor collisions, escaping the scene in some cases, pulling over on the edge of the road, leaving the car in the anger, chasing the V in retaliation in car).

More Interactive Environment:

More vendors, stores, beggars, clubs.

Police, Criminal Rating System:

Police should arrive on the scene in their cars, spawned from larger distance (over 100meters, out of sight of V). Police should be able to chase V in their cars.

Police on foot should not spawn in such short distance from V, last patch did not solve the problem.

Technical:

Spawning/Removing the NPCs & Cars in extremely short distance to V. It is not immersive at all the see the car/npc appearing out of nowhere or disappearing immediately after V turns their head. Radius of 100m should be locked from disappearing/spawning.

This would solve vast majority of immersion breaking actions.

this is my opinion, I hope I am wrong for the future of the game.
there will always be problems, more or less serious. the game design damage is such; it would take a miracle; a shock IT team to fix everything and deliver what you wrote {rightly}.
however I have doubts; this gives CDPR a whole conception of gameplay to rethink. it requires efforts worthy of a titan.
on the other hand, if the game becomes; The perfect game; so we could say that CDPR knows how to create a Phoenix that is reborn from its ashes.

I know this is a minor one but I'd like to see the trains on console (or are they just missing on the ps4?) even if it's not riddable.
How often does it pass by on PC by the way, can someone say?

I know this is a minor one but I'd like to see the trains on console (or are they just missing on the ps4?) even if it's not riddable.
How often does it pass by on PC by the way, can someone say?
I haven' checked the exact delay but it is quite small, maybe 2-3 minutes. I really hope that some day we will be actually able to use them, even jumping on them for a very short ride feels great :)

More graphical fixes/bugs:
(equipping this jacket while wearing a Netrunning suit causes him to be pants-less.)
View attachment 11217436
To be honest this is not a bug but rather the result of a weird choice to have netrunner suits and such be viewed as a underlayer-torso-clothing piece. Those imo should go in the special slot (or something akin to them) that would count as a unique underlayer.
The same happens with all other pieces of underlayer-torso clothing like tank tops and stuff. Only exception being tank tops do not have a pant component.

My only expectation is for CDPR to get the base game fixed to a point where when new content is added it won't - or shouldn't - introduce new bugs. Any other feature additions or improvements would be icing on the cake.

It's pretty sad CD is WAITING for sony to put the game on the store instead of fixing their broken mess that is involved in a number or class action lawsuits.

Maybe fix your broken mess and make it worthy for people to buy?

Or is that too much to ask? If so, just add mod support for consoles and we'll fix it for you.

Top Bottom