+
That is one of the biggest issues with CP, you get all exciting with all the things you are going to do in this amazing city, only to find out that you are really not, it's such a shame :(

Fallout obviously have the benefit that the game setting is a wasteland, so you don't expect all kinds of random things happening in the game world. It has the benefit of interesting monsters etc. It's far from perfect, but it's pretty damn good I think, especially when you mod it. Still think that the quest from Sim settlements is one of the best ones I have tried in Fallout 4, it's like a mini main story :D

I thought Bethesda did a terrible job with the setting. They relied way too much on the player to build settlements. You really take it for granted, the interactivity between all the different factions and creatures in the sandbox.

I thought Bethesda did a terrible job with the setting. They relied way too much on the player to build settlements. You really take it for granted, the interactivity between all the different factions and creatures in the sandbox.
I think it depends a lot on the player.

Personally I really enjoy it, it adds a lot of meaning to all the junk you collect and feel like you can need it for something. Also its a great way to take a break from just running around and shooting stuff.

Given that we now have mods for building settlements, which in my opinion takes it to a whole new level of fun. I simply think that it would have been great had Bethesda improved on the settlement system even more to begin with. And I really hope they expand on this for both the next elder scroll and fallout and make it even better.

Again it's an option you have in the game that simply make it more fun.

Sort of like, if it was possible to run your own gang or merc guild in CP. To me this adds a lot of opportunity for the player to define their character.

A game like Pathfinder - Kingmaker is doing this absolutely amazingly in my opinion, making you run your own country and you can basically loose the game, if you do it bad. Obviously its a completely different type of game, but something similar in CP or Fallout would be absolutely epic in my opinion.

If its fallout, you could capture different buildings on the map, which could give you materials, they could trigger quests, attacks etc. And you would slowly see how the wasteland would change. In CP you could buy buildings, setup shops or other things, getting into wars with the other gangs, police, political stuff etc. And as you rise in power again, it could affect how people react to you, new quests etc. So there is a lot of things they could do to integrate and make these things fun in my opinion.

Obviously its a lot of work, but I think it would be great additions.

I thought I was the only one to think of this also. After playing Cyberpunk 2077 I became more deeply drawn to FO New Vegas. The defining feature that I could take away from the experience would be
  • killing any NPC and a large narrative branching story that remembers you

So you think character response to chatting is bland in Skyrim and Fallout games and sure, but look at when they were released, cmon.

Don't expect huge change in facial expressions and feel in games that were made when the gfx engine and hardware at time of development didn't support things like that. Stupid comparison.

Also just because CP is better looking does not make it a better game, do we not really expect every new game that comes out to actually look better and more realistic unless it has a special art style.

Just look at Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, is fallout 3 a bad game just because it looks worse then 4.
Or Mass Effect series is ME1 worse then ME3 just for worse graphics ?

Stop saying old games are bad because they had bad graphics. There are even old text only adventure games that beats games of today in story and choices. Good looking characters are a must and over time they will always be better and more realistic.

And yeah in FO4 you can get quite different story depending on who you chose to go with.
CP story telling is not bad because you reach same ending, many games is kind of like this.

The story telling is bad because there are no impacting choices anywhere at all really nothing changes anywhere.

So you think character response to chatting is bland in Skyrim and Fallout games and sure, but look at when they were released, cmon.
The responses from fallout new vegas -> fallout 4 are a definite downgrade.. This is nothing to do with tech and I am looking at when they were released

I'll never understand the love for FO3 or 4, and I'm a fan of FO2! bought it when it first came out, and was all giddy, and excited, then that excitement went away pretty much immediately. The graphics were ugly, and this was a brand new game at the time, I also hate the wasteland aesthetic with all the grays and browns. It's just bland, and boring. Story was uninteresting for the most part, but it had it's moments.

I'd say the main thing that put me off immediately, was the terrible gameplay. I was so excited they went FPS, but the gun mechanics were terrible, just like Outer Worlds that people raved about. If you have horrible gunplay in a game where that's the primary gameplay along with dialogue choices, then I just can't doit. CP2077 has a gorgeous vibrant world, and even does the desert wasteland aesthetic better than FO, and way better shooting mechanics by a mile.

Why Bethesda didn't use ID Software for the shooting mechanics is beyond me. Rage 2 gameplay in a FO game plus a little more color palette and updated graphics, and I would be all in.

I don't think that Fallout 4 is a good comparison for Cyberpunk 2077.

That having been said, I think that Fallout 4 is the better game. The main quest for both games stink. In CP2077 it's the core of the game. In Fallout 4 it's almost completely ignorable, because of mods. The last time I played Fallout 4, my game had no kid to search for, my wife was alive, and together we toured the wasteland helping those in need to slowly start to rebuild some sort of civilization. If the day ever comes that I can similarly ignore the main quest in CP2077, then I'll be excited to pick it back up and play through it in some completely new way.

As someone with 400 hours in Fallout 4... it is a worthless game without mods, and even with mods it's a terrible experience, especially compared to New Vegas. Far Harbor was the only decent part of the game.

Guest 4564903

Never really see the point of comparing games, I really like Fallout 4 but if I had to choose only to play one game from the two I would choose Cyberpunk, not because of any comparison between the two just because I like Cyberpunk more.

I'll never understand the love for FO3 or 4, and I'm a fan of FO2! bought it when it first came out, and was all giddy, and excited, then that excitement went away pretty much immediately. The graphics were ugly, and this was a brand new game at the time, I also hate the wasteland aesthetic with all the grays and browns. It's just bland, and boring. Story was uninteresting for the most part, but it had it's moments.

I'd say the main thing that put me off immediately, was the terrible gameplay. I was so excited they went FPS, but the gun mechanics were terrible, just like Outer Worlds that people raved about. If you have horrible gunplay in a game where that's the primary gameplay along with dialogue choices, then I just can't doit. CP2077 has a gorgeous vibrant world, and even does the desert wasteland aesthetic better than FO, and way better shooting mechanics by a mile.

Why Bethesda didn't use ID Software for the shooting mechanics is beyond me. Rage 2 gameplay in a FO game plus a little more color palette and updated graphics, and I would be all in.
I liked Outer Worlds because of the story, the high dose of humor, and the enjoyable companions, so I ignored the bad gunplay. I tried Fallout 4 with mods, but still not my thing.

I liked Outer Worlds because of the story, the high dose of humor, and the enjoyable companions, so I ignored the bad gunplay. I tried Fallout 4 with mods, but still not my thing.
Outer Worlds, Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk, those 3 games was on my XB1x and now, on my XBSX... Everyone with their own faults, but it's sure, they will stay on my SSD for a good while :)

Fallout 4 has no excuse for the bad gunplay though imo. Bethesda owns ID Software that are arguably the absolute best at shooting games (DOOM,Wolfenstein,Rage ect) lol why wouldn't they use those resources is baffling. Did that really save them money? only thing I can think of in reason why they didn't use their sub company.

Gameplay is the absolute first most important for me, then story. If the gameplay sucks, I'm not gonna want to continue playing it to further the story.
Borderlands 3 has a pretty terrible story by most peoples opinions, but the shooting, and gameplay is absolute top tier, and one of the best of it's kind. The game was so fun, I didn't even pay attention to the story til I got to the DLC which was actually great story-wise.

2097 hours spent playing Skyrim and not once have I ever finished the main quest because my saves always end up becoming corrupted. Sooner or later the game would start crashing every time I tried to enter certain cells, making it unplayable.

2015 hours spent on Fallout 4 but thanks to that game being more stable I've actually finished the main quest.

Objectively speaking fallout 4 was worse than cyberpunk regarding the story. However has more story arch the open world is immensely better interactive while cyberpunk for the short story and content it delivered could had been a hub based game or even a corridor shooter in that regard.

They both suck as RPGS. In order to get an RPG experience these days, you need to play some of Biowares old games like the mass effect trilogy or Dragon Age origins, 2, or even inqusiton. Or start playing Larians Divinity games or their Baldurs Gate 3. inxiles Wasteland games are also pretty good RPGS.

Last edited:
Screw all the criticism, Bethesda is the only company that can make a proper open world RPG.
God bless Todd Howard.
My issue is that I cannot play Cyberpunk through a 2nd time and I played FO3-4 for ever. I have tried and remade multiple characters in cyberpunk but can't seem to get up to the point where I get Johnny. I played the game the first time in its entirety, I did all side jobs, all cop jobs, everything that was available to me and it burnt me out of the game so bad it's not even funny. I can't do that a second time.. Now I sit and wait for expansion packs or addons or a way to skip through a lot of the beginning of the game. I just wish picking a character path did more than just change the dialogue in the beginning of the game.

I think it's about what you want from the game. Fallout 4 was enjoyable. Although, I didn't really care about any of the characters in it after the first 2-3 hours. I don't feel the gameplay was all that rewarding. And I doubt I'll ever go back and play it again. (I think it would have done far better for itself if it wasn't billing itself as a "Fallout" game. It just made it impossible for me to fully appreciate it for what it was, as I was constantly being slapped in the face with all of the Fallout stuff...and constantly being left disappointed at what it could have been.)

I think that's a lot of people's issue with CP2077, as well. For me, though, I've only ever played a tiny bit of the PnP back in the '80s. Wasn't really my thing, so I never learned much about it or followed it. The experience that CP2077 offered for someone like me was excellent! Diverse, interesting characters, a pretty riveting story, a mind-blowingly cool gameworld to explore, and you could play pretty much however you wanted to play.

By contrast, while I did have some fun with Fallout 4, and I wouldn't call it a "bad game", it definitely fell very flat to me. I am much more excited to get back to Cyberpunk when additional patches and some of the DLCs are released. I had an absolutely great time with my first playthrough.

Go anywhere, do anything

Its right, You dont follow first quest in Skyrim and kill Mirmulnir, dragons dont even appear rest of the game.

THATS RPG.

Thing is a great writing is nice to have but i am not looking only for that in an rpg with all the respect for cdpr writers. If i just wanted to experience a story with memorable character and a compelling story i would watch a movie,tv seriers or read a book. I expect an open world to be immersive filled with detail and interactivity and i expect rpg to have actually strong roleplay elements and that is not the case for Cyberpunk sadly.

Also this is my personal impression and probably won't represent the truth however i felt like the whole jhonny arc was shoehorned at the last minute.
Cyberpunk has some nice amazing story in arc in some quests however it had a terrible bad pacing. Horrible time skips in the story. You see a character that was supposed to be important for you for like... 3 missions?

Sure there is good writing in the game and nice characters however the writing is all over the place but i blame that on cut content rather than writers fault.

And beside being a fan of the pen and paper i felt like Cyberpunk 2077 is very Punk but too little cyber.

Last edited:
Problem with CDPR new games ( i include Witcher 3 here ) is that the bigger the game got the less choice u got in the story. Everything is cosmetic and doesnt change the quesatline you are on. That is fine for first playthrough when player has still this illusion of choice.
CDPR created very linear story where dialogue chocies dont rly matter 90% of time. You mostly play Cyberpunk for cinematic linear story experience in open world. That is a shame bec Witcher 1 and 2 had great chocies that changed narative. IMO open world design rly didnt work well for the studio.

Top Bottom