New Patch when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm maybe you coulda named your thread No New Patch? Ah well, I'd say you're doing a decent job of staying patient if you're still here 6 months later, good on ya.

(Slightly edited thread title because it was misleading; would have been possible to mistake for news about a patch being released.)

funny that i have to be patient considering the game was released almost half a year ago.
I honestly doubt complaining will help either. I get you're eager for new patches (who isn't?), but you can find something else to do in the meantime. Let the workers work, in peace. Bottom line, expressing how much you want patches won't make them come any faster, there is work to be done & it has to be done regardless of who complains where.
Also, half a year, really is not that long. I understand that perhaps you're so eager for the patches that it feels like the time painfully drags in, thus for your own sake I highly recommend finding something else to do / another game to play if you aren't happy with the current state of Cyberpunk.

I honestly doubt complaining will help either. I get you're eager for new patches (who isn't?), but you can find something else to do in the meantime. Let the workers work, in peace. Bottom line, expressing how much you want patches won't make them come any faster, there is work to be done & it has to be done regardless of who complains where.
Also, half a year, really is not that long. I understand that perhaps you're so eager for the patches that it feels like the time painfully drags in, thus for your own sake I highly recommend finding something else to do / another game to play if you aren't happy with the current state of Cyberpunk.
While what you say about complaints falling on deaf ears is true, CDPR should be held to account for the state of this game. I find it baffling how people can defend the lack of communication and action at this point. CDPR clearly have some idea what is going on and can spare the time and resources on those articles that are trying to keep some enthusiasm about the game alive, yet remain silent while some of their happier customers jump to their defense. I really don't think it's on, it is thoroughly disrespectful to paying customers.

While what you say about complaints falling on deaf ears is true, CDPR should be held to account for the state of this game. I find it baffling how people can defend the lack of communication and action at this point. CDPR clearly have some idea what is going on and can spare the time and resources on those articles that are trying to keep some enthusiasm about the game alive, yet remain silent while some of their happier customers jump to their defense. I really don't think it's on, it is thoroughly disrespectful to paying customers.
Totally agree. But none of what you mention is at fault of the game's developers. That is what I mean by "workers work" i.e. let the developers do their job. Developers literally can't communicate as much as you seem to want, otherwise they just risk letting (more?) people down & their work & that of others they work with unnecessarily. When you say "CDPR," that's far too general. Who in CDPR, exactly? If you must place blame on anyone/anygroup, blame the bosses making somewhat questionable decisions, not their workers.

Last edited:
Totally agree. But none of what you mention is at fault of the game's developers. That is what I mean by "workers work" i.e. let the developers do their job. Developers literally can't communicate as much as you seem to want, otherwise they just risk their work & that of others they work with unnecessarily. When you say "CDPR," that's far too general. Who in CDPR, exactly? If you must place blame on anyone/anygroup, blame the bosses making somewhat questionable decisions, not their workers.
CDPR are the company that made the game. I'm unfamiliar with their personnel and structure, so would be unsure who specifically I should address. I certainly am not expecting the actual programmers to communicate, CDPR have other people for that and it is up to them to sort that out, not down to me.

As a couple of ye have mentioned, CDPR is a large studio, divided into several different teams, each with their own schedules, priority lists, and communication channels. There are many pipelines through which information and technical details must pass before they reach the public. Although I know folk would love to see faster updates, and more details about patches and DLCs, please, remember that such releases take a good deal of time, require preparation, verification, and review, before aught can be mentioned or officially posted. Also, as mentioned, indeed, developers focus their energies on the games, whereas the community team is responsible for most announcements, both large and small.

Ay, nobody likes being told to wait, but, please, do try to be patient a bit longer.

I bought a finished product, and did not agree to participate in the beta test for my own money, so waiting for fixes for six months is not okay. Developers have obligations. Instead of detailed reports on the work done, they publish all sorts of crap like Panam is the most popular romantic interest in Cyberpunk 2077.

I bought a finished product, and did not agree to participate in the beta test for my own money, so waiting for fixes for six months is not okay. Developers have obligations. Instead of detailed reports on the work done, they publish all sorts of crap like Panam is the most popular romantic interest in Cyberpunk 2077.
To be fair I don't think it's the devs who published these ads. I'm no expert but I beleive it's more the PR department who are publishing these advertisments. So I don't think it's negatively impacting the work of the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom