New Patch when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously saying this?
I hope you realise its not the people that are working to fix and patch the game that "waste" their time on these things on the forums yeah? For which I would like to state its perfectly fine for someone in the company to do that.

But seriously, I really have to mind my tongue right about now (sorry mods) but these things boil my piss. If someone has no idea what they're talking of, then please dont speak.

I'll close it by stating: it'll come when its ready, just wait until then.
Pretty much anybody realizes that. It only seems you don't realize, that people do. If somebody says CDPR overpromised, trust me everybody is aiming at the elite 5%. Just like everybody knows the big money doesn't go to the small developer, but rather his big boss. One shouldn't expect the forum average to be this stupid, and if one does, one should remember they are a part of it.
Besides that, the ones mentioned by him who take their time to point out pretty irrelevant statistics are surely not the devs, they tend to have some sorts of "xxx Manager" titles which further proves my point.

Pretty much anybody realizes that. It only seems you don't realize, that people do. If somebody says CDPR overpromised, trust me everybody is aiming at the elite 5%. Just like everybody knows the big money doesn't go to the small developer, but rather his big boss. One shouldn't expect the forum average to be this stupid, and if one does, one should remember they are a part of it.
Besides that, the ones mentioned by him who take their time to point out pretty irrelevant statistics are surely not the devs, they tend to have some sorts of "xxx Manager" titles which further proves my point.
Because this going into skirmish level I'll keep it short, and even then there's chance it'll be deleted...
Wether or not its realized, its not whats written. Plain and simple.
And then I leave it there.

For the remainder I stick to my statement: the patch and/or dlc will drop when its ready. Hopedully its gonna be a good one that many people have good hopes for and provide what they may have been waiting for.

It would be nice if Cyberpunk 2077 became one of the first games to support FSR with the upcoming patches!
It would be hugely important and positive for marketing alone.
But I do not believe that they are currently working with AMD on this point! Pity! Missed opportunity!

Because this going into skirmish level I'll keep it short, and even then there's chance it'll be deleted...

For the remainder I stick to my statement: the patch and/or dlc will drop when its ready. Hopedully its gonna be a good one that many people have good hopes for and provide what they may have been waiting for.
I don't see it being skirmish, we're discussing a quote of the thread opener.
Adam Kicinski said 1.3 will be a small patch if I recall correctly, so this may be a reason for people getting upset about a longer period of silence. He said so in the investor call, which implies there is enough time to communicate, just not with us, customers. In my opinion a pretty valid reason to doubt the strategy. I partially agree with your statement, the patch should indeed drop when it's ready and this would be in no way questionable, if the last "released when it's ready" statement didn't go as it went. It's exactly what was written, unfortunately that didn't go as well as it could've. Past experiences are a good way of learning.

Edit: Furthermore, the last time CDPR stated the game will release when it's ready, it was a lack of insight that caused much drama. For example base console performance which customers didn't get to see before buying the game, which caused many refunds, resulting in the PS store deletion, lackluster performance to this day, missing aspects of the game and so on. This was all a result of CDPRs silence about the current state of the game which seems to be happening again. And we just hope for it to never happen again.

Last edited:

The situation here is very simple. When you come to a store and buy a product, you expect to get exactly what you chose for your money. As a result, I get a much poorer quality product. I buy a TV, and it turns out that many of its functions do not work or do not work as stated. In the store, they promise me to fix everything, but they do not even say repair timing. They just say it will be ready when they fix it. They have been repairing it for six months and do not even consider it necessary to report on the progress of work. In what universe this approach to your "clients" considered normal?

Just thinking (with a lot of hesitation) about getting back to CP for a while, but damn... Night City is still so painfully empty ;)
Would welcome a magical update that would breathe some life into this charming environment.

It's me or what ? for me, that's sound (very) good :)
Capture d’écran 2021-06-02 à 17.27.24.png

Capture d’écran 2021-06-02 à 17.27.38.png

the dlc (bonus content) came as a gift buying the game on steam. It does not refer to the new dlc. Sorry to say. But they are testing on steam now. They are very active, they are working hard without a doubt.
I was going to add a little "edit" : "no need to get carried away like a child just before Christmas" :D
off-topic: Interesting, what was this bonus ?

I was going to add a little "edit" : "no need to get carried away like a child just before Christmas" :D
off-topic: Interesting, what was this bonus ?
For Steam players, the pre-order content that you’re looking for features four Steam avatars, three posters (24 inches by 36 inches), a short story titled 2AM – She Calls in a PDF, two soundtracks that are in FLAC, WAV, and MP3 formats, the Cyberpunk 2077 sourcebook (the pen and paper roleplaying game), and dozens of wallpapers.

The situation here is very simple. When you come to a store and buy a product, you expect to get exactly what you chose for your money. As a result, I get a much poorer quality product. I buy a TV, and it turns out that many of its functions do not work or do not work as stated. In the store, they promise me to fix everything, but they do not even say repair timing. They just say it will be ready when they fix it. They have been repairing it for six months and do not even consider it necessary to report on the progress of work. In what universe this approach to your "clients" considered normal?
Except that they have done fixes, there's been 5 or 6 patches of various size that fixed numerous stuff. So what you say is objectively wrong.
That its not what you wanted it to be is your problem.

Seems to be turning into a skirmish, and already went hostile. Will get locked if the direction doesn't change for the better.

A television is a 'simple' product. It receives signals and displays on the screen. It may have thousands of components, but since the beginning of television-production, the 'pathways' have been set in stone, and it's about doing the same thing over and over again through generations of evolving television-sets.

Games are inherently different. It looks 'simple' as it's all about moving your mouse and use the keyboards/or controllers and see the result on a screen. The problem is that what is shown on the screen is the results of physics-calculations, light-calculations, materials, objects interacting with each other - and last, but not least (the biggest bottleneck) the AI. You think "but the did this in Grand Theft Auto!". Sure, but what you forget is verticality. The thing about Red Dead Redemption 2 is that it's all on the same plane, maybe max 2 story buildings in the wild west. I don't know how many levels there are in buildings in Night City! You're looking at something in 2D, when the game is working in 3D. If Red Dead Redemption had 10-story buildings, with cows and horses on many levels, each of the interacting in their own particular way, and not make any computer kneel, I'd be impressed.

A television is a 'simple' product. It receives signals and displays on the screen. It may have thousands of components, but since the beginning of television-production, the 'pathways' have been set in stone, and it's about doing the same thing over and over again through generations of evolving television-sets.

Games are inherently different. It looks 'simple' as it's all about moving your mouse and use the keyboards/or controllers and see the result on a screen. The problem is that what is shown on the screen is the results of physics-calculations, light-calculations, materials, objects interacting with each other - and last, but not least (the biggest bottleneck) the AI. You think "but the did this in Grand Theft Auto!". Sure, but what you forget is verticality. The thing about Red Dead Redemption 2 is that it's all on the same plane, maybe max 2 story buildings in the wild west. I don't know how many levels there are in buildings in Night City! You're looking at something in 2D, when the game is working in 3D. If Red Dead Redemption had 10-story buildings, with cows and horses on many levels, each of the interacting in their own particular way, and not make any computer kneel, I'd be impressed.
I'd just be impressed if you got a cow up the stairs!

so a huge amount of bugs still remaining in the game is my problem? [...]
Because of mod-warning I shall try to explain without skirmishing.

We all know that the game has/had issues when it came out. Nobody argues that thats not on them.
I was one of the fortunate souls who's had little to complain about, others may not have so lucky.
However, your OP and subsequent post were framed as if they had not done anything to patch that out. Or at least as much as they have been able to up to know, because mind you, they havent finished yet. moreover you framed it as if they rather waste time doing forum posts.

Then the example of the TV. No I agree, if its broken by purchase, thats not good. However if I would have bought that TV I would have returned it if I was not satisfied. You similarly could also have refunded the game and be done. Instead, you seemingly decided not to, and wait it out for the 'TV' to become 'unbroken'. Sorry to say, but that is your decision to make, and then its becomes your problem.

1622698220603.png

Holy crap. It's actually finally happening, after being stuck in "6 months ago" status...

Things are finally making progress.... well hopefully...

Sooo 1.3, definitely some DLC being added. Question is whether this is before E3 or after, and what exactly is this content going to be?

They teased us with "Rogue having to expand afterlife" but then they tweeted like 10 different achievements so maybe this isn't going to be about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom