Crackling Noise

+
Hi

i have this crackling noise, since release date
always, from beginning to end, crackling noise, on exploration, combat, outside, inside, music, everything everywhere, gets very annoying

this does not happen in any other game
any way to fix it?

pc
steam

robzhe

Forum regular
Hi

i have this crackling noise, since release date
always, from beginning to end, crackling noise, on exploration, combat, outside, inside, music, everything everywhere, gets very annoying

this does not happen in any other game
any way to fix it?

pc
steam

If it's the same as what I had it can be a mess around to sort out and I'm not even sure if I fixed it, it could've been a patch that solved it for me eventually, or at least partly.

Check here anyway and if step 4 doesn't work try different settings and see if that helps : Cyberpunk 2077: How to Fix Audio Crackling

My sound from that step is currently set at 24 bit, 48000 Hz which isn't the recommended setting from that page but I've not had the issue for quite a while now I don't think.

It might be temporary and then come back but eventually you might be mostly free of it, especially if any future patch/update makes it better too and you have the best setting (from step 4 on that page) for your pc. Or you might not even have the same issue, either way though good luck with at least improving it. It might be that if you search around on here/reddit/other sites via google, etc, for cyberpunk crackling/choppy audio you'll find something that works better too.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Regarding the audio crackling issue

I've reached out to the technical support with these three questions:
(click to enlarge)
View attachment 11225336

Here's what they said:
A1: As for the settings it varies, in most cases setting the CD Quality (44.1 Khz 16bit) works as a workaround, however for some setting higher does the trick.
A2: I am unaware of any correlation with the CPU performance and the issue. It's unlikely though.
A3: This option allows the application to block other apps so they can't play any sound at the same time. It does not affect the sound quality and it's up to you whether you want to enable it.

In the next mail I asked:
Q4: Can I use 24bit and 48Khz without issues, or should I set it to 16bit 44,1Khz?
A4: It's best to simply test it out and see if any issue with audio occurs. The problem does not occur for everyone and on every device. Mainly when external audio interfaces are in place.
In your case, as you have your sound device plugged in to the motherboard the issue may not occur at all, but if it does then you should try different settings and find out that works best for you.

TL;DR:
44.1 Khz and 16 bit should work in most cases.

Top Bottom