Patch Notes 9.3

+

Guest 4375874

I was waiting for the video to premiere but this appeared first. :p

Shupe buff, YAY!
Menagerie Keeper is playable now, which is nice. I like the art a lot. :D

I see several MO nerfs people have been asking for, so those should be welcome. Deserved ones for sure.
No nerfs to SY, which probably will not make people happy.

I've never had the huge card art bug, but have seen so many posts about it that it clearly has been a common one.

Oh, and the Yaruga board coming back is great. Will make sure to get it this time. :D
Gascon I already have and I will certainly complete whatever contracts he now will have to get those sweet cosmetics. Especially the cardback.
Problem is the MO nerf killed other decks in the process. I used Caranthir for Vampires...which were already struggling and this just put the last nail in the coffin (pun intended).

Kiki Queen and Ruehin aren't "useless" cards just because they aren't relicts. And Plague maiden was also buffed by 2 provisions just appease the relict nerf and make her work with Caranthir. Also not a "useless" card. These are 3 11-12p legendary cards getting 1-2 provision buffs. ST WOULD KILL for buffs like that lmao.
No, they are useless cards because there is no real competitive decks for they right now. Specially Ruehin after the OH nerf (3 to 2 charges).

For plague maiden, i agree, i forget that card and didnt see she also gets a buff. It wont change the fact of her buff its to interact with caranthir, but i have to agree she is a good card and can fit in some competitive swarm decks, so its the only real buff i consider in my personal opinion

Guest 4375874

Kiki Queen and Ruehin aren't "useless" cards just because they aren't relicts. And Plague maiden was also buffed by 2 provisions just appease the relict nerf and make her work with Caranthir. Also not a "useless" card. These are 3 11-12p legendary cards getting 1-2 provision buffs. ST WOULD KILL for buffs like that lmao.
lol 11-12p legendaries that haven't seen play in months for obvious reasons. These cards can't keep up with the current meta. Relics needed a nerf, this is another indirect nerf ....remember Viy? Let's just nerf Caranthir because that's the problem, not the obvious and glaring issue that is Sabbath.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol 11-12p legendaries that aren't played for obvious reasons. These cards can't keep up with the current meta. Relics needed a nerf, this is another indirect nerf ....remember Viy? Let's just nerf Caranthir because that's the problem, not the obvious and glaring issue that is Sabbath.
for me they can change caranthir.

As everyone say, its a WH card, and should fit in that deck. Also they need to change Imlerith, because no one plays that card. Even with this "small buff" its still useless

They rework an entire leader (stockpile) and cant rework just 2 cards?

Caranthir is always a problem, it was with ethereal and now it is with the relicts. Why they dont fix the problem only changing caranthir to something good but not so problematic?

lol 11-12p legendaries that aren't played for obvious reasons. These cards can't keep up with the current meta. Relics needed a nerf, this is another indirect nerf ....remember Viy? Let's just nerf Caranthir because that's the problem, not the obvious and glaring issue that is Sabbath.
No, they are useless cards because there is no real competitive decks for they right now. Specially Ruehin after the OH nerf (3 to 2 charges).

For plague maiden, i agree, i forget that card and didnt see she also gets a buff. It wont change the fact of her buff its to interact with caranthir, but i have to agree she is a good card and can fit in some competitive swarm decks, so its the only real buff i consider in my personal opinion
So if the cards that aren't "played" and can't "keep up" with the meta are useless, then that applies to Oak, Vernossiel, Water of Brokilon, Munro, Zoltan Warrior, etc. And like I said, ST would kill for 1-2 provision buffs of those cards. Because off meta legendaries tend to suddenly crop up in decks when they get meaningful buffs like that. Be thankful you didn't get like 1 point body buff to an ice troll or drowner or something, which is about on par with what ST has been getting lately.

Guest 4375874

for me they can change caranthir.

As everyone say, its a WH card, and should fit in that deck. Also they need to change Imlerith, because no one plays that card. Even with this "small buff" its still useless

They rework an entire leader (stockpile) and cant rework just 2 cards?

Caranthir is always a problem, it was with ethereal and now it is with the relicts. Why they dont fix the problem only changing caranthir to something good but not so problematic?
And now we're concerned with Wild Hunt lore? No one cared about that a few weeks ago lol There are several cards in different factions that create copies, summon or revive cards outside one specific archetype or keyword. There's no reason why Caranthir alone needs to work only with WH cards. I'm all for him having a better support ability but I don't see that...do you? So while we wait for them to do give him one he's an asset to MO overall and they just killed that.

And now we're concerned with Wild Hunt lore? No one cared about that a few weeks ago lol There are several cards in different factions that create copies, summon or revive cards outside one specific archetype or keyword. There's no reason why Caranthir alone needs to work only with WH cards. I'm all for him having a better support ability but I don't see that...do you? So while we wait for them to do give him one he's an asset to MO overall and they just killed that.

I dont think he should only works with WH in the way he works now. I thik they need to change his entire abillity, and special for something that feets well in the WH frost.

Of course he can be played in others deck, as some players use eredin in other decks, some use alberon, and also some use the elder vampire in frost and thats absolute fine. But i think the new caranthir abillity should feets better in WH frost.

Also, another thing they should change its dethlaf (the deathwish card) for something more vampire lore friendly. Also, they could change another card to the dethlaf original skill, since its a good card but in the wrong archtetype

Also, another thing they should change its dethlaf (the deathwish card) for something more vampire lore friendly.
That card is way more lore-friendly than you probably think, considering it's Dettlaff and not any other higher vampire; this isn't the only game in which he's featured.

Guest 4375874

So if the cards that aren't "played" and can't "keep up" with the meta are useless, then that applies to Oak, Vernossiel, Water of Brokilon, Munro, Zoltan Warrior, etc. And like I said, ST would kill for 1-2 provision buffs of those cards. Because off meta legendaries tend to suddenly crop up in decks when they get meaningful buffs like that. Be thankful you didn't get like 1 point body buff to an ice troll or drowner or something, which is about on par with what ST has been getting lately.
No, it's useless because it did not see any play and will not see any play by virtue of not adding any meaningful value. I'm not sure why you are listing those ST cards, ST isn't relying on a single deck to be playable. Look at the play rates for the last several months. ST has always been in a good position even if not T1.

MO hasn't had more than 1 deck doing all the heavy lifting and I'm not against nerfing relics, I'm against nerfing the other decks that rely on Caranthir. Not all MO players want to play relics and I would think you would be in agreement with that. These buffs to cards that have fallen into obscurity doesn't help in the slightest.

No, they are useless because they arent strong, even with the provision buff.

Oak, Vernossiel, Water and etc, they all are strong cards but maybe need to have a provision change. If that happens they will be good cards.

Ruehin, unless you drop it by, i dont know, 8 provision he wont be played, since you have succubus for way less provision.

Kiki queen its uselles because you have Koschshey, wich is better and it was lass provision (now its the same, but kos is still better).

Imlerith its a 2 (now 3) body point for 10 (now 9) provision and a thinning. Do i need to mentioned blightmakers again? Who the hell plays imlerith for only 3 body points and a thinner? (ok i just made a deck to try to eat a griffin from my hand and use it with mamunna, but even that sucks).

Plague maiden its a real buff and she has real use in swarm decks variations, the only real buff here.

No, it's useless because it did not see any play and will not see any play by virtue of not adding any meaningful value. I'm not sure why you are listing those ST cards, ST isn't relying on a single deck to be playable. Look at the play rates for the last several months. ST has always been in a good position even if not T1.

MO hasn't had more than 1 deck doing all the heavy lifting and I'm not against nerfing relics, I'm against nerfing the other decks that rely on Caranthir. Not all MO players want to play relics and I would think you would be in agreement with that. These buffs to cards that have fallen into obscurity doesn't help in the slightest.
This is blatantly incorrect on several levels. Yes, ST is relying on a single deck to be playable right now, which is Spellatael. Over the last "several month" ST playrates were down in the sewers, and the cards I listed, I did according to the definition YOU provided in your previous post. NONE of those cards are played NOW and except Vernossiel NONE of them have been played in months on any serious level. Therefore, they are "useless," but apparently the "useless" card buff quota was all used up on MO this patch.

MO one the other hand has been around the top of the meta with MULTIPLE decks prior to the current relict madness: Arachas swarm most recently, Kelly, Viy, etc. And even now I see weather decks way more frequently than any non-spell ST variety.
Post automatically merged:

No, they are useless because they arent strong, even with the provision buff.

Oak, Vernossiel, Water and etc, they all are strong cards but maybe need to have a provision change. If that happens they will be good cards.

Ruehin, unless you drop it by, i dont know, 8 provision he wont be played, since you have succubus for way less provision.

Kiki queen its uselles because you have Koschshey, wich is better and it was lass provision (now its the same, but kos is still better).

Imlerith its a 2 (now 3) body point for 10 (now 9) provision and a thinning. Do i need to mentioned blightmakers again? Who the hell plays imlerith for only 3 body points and a thinner? (ok i just made a deck to try to eat a griffin from my hand and use it with mamunna, but even that sucks).

Plague maiden its a real buff and she has real use in swarm decks variations, the only real buff here.
I disagree with a lot of these arguments.

There's no reason Ruehin can't be played TOGETHER with the succubi if the provision allows for a good deathwish deck construction and this buff HELPS with that.

There's no reason Kiki cannot be used to achieve results similar to Koschey but in a different deck, since its mechanics aren't identical (adrenaline, etc), OR maybe even in the same deck idk, and the provision buff certainly helps with that.

Bottom line is, buffing legendary cards HELPS. Buffing a 5p card that has not been used since gwent beta to 4p without changing anything else is a WASTE of effort. Trying to make it sound like a comparable buff to ST cards would be so much more meaningful is disingenuous.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Do the Devs even play Gwent...Lined Pockets is busted, and has been for months now!!! Scratch that, Syndicate in general is OP. Guess it's skip Gwent Month...again...

DRK3

Forum veteran
I was already cursing at the screen when i saw the nerf to Caranthir in the dev stream. Fortunately, it also come with some provision buffs, so i can still use him with my favourite MO card, Plague Maiden, and others like Kiki Queen, Ruehin or Dethlaff HV (Koshchey might still be the most popular tho).

Players are sleeping on how good Plague Maiden and beast swarm is, i've been using them for years in high ranks with great winrates, only in specific wide punish metas they lose a bit of value.
On this one, there's a bit of risk, with lacerate buff some ST decks use it, and also pings from NR siege and ballistae and SK flurries, but SY is not a problem if they need to spend 2 coins to kill each of your 1pt rats, they even help you avoid overswarming.

Anyway, the nerfs to MO relicts are more than required, no pointslam/ engine deck is supposed to be so strong not even greedy control decks are able to keep in check.

But the lack of nerfs to SY is ridiculous, clearly its deliberate, 2021 is Syndicate's year by the dev team's choice.

Anyway, i will be making decks for these underused cards that got buffs, lots of meme potential there. :coolstory:

This is blatantly incorrect on several levels. Yes, ST is relying on a single deck to be playable right now, which is Spellatael. Over the last "several month" ST playrates were down in the sewers, and the cards I listed, I did according to the definition YOU provided in your previous post. NONE of those cards are played NOW and except Vernossiel NONE of them have been played in months on any serious level. Therefore, they are "useless," but apparently the "useless" card buff quota was all used up on MO this patch.

MO one the other hand has been around the top of the meta with MULTIPLE decks prior to the current relict madness: Arachas swarm most recently, Kelly, Viy, etc. And even now I see weather decks way more frequently than any non-spell ST variety.

I disagree with a lot of these arguments.

There's no reason Ruehin can't be played TOGETHER with the succubi if the provision allows for a good deathwish deck construction and this buff HELPS with that.

There's no reason Kiki cannot be used to achieve results similar to Koschey but in a different deck, since its mechanics aren't identical (adrenaline, etc), OR maybe even in the same deck idk, and the provision buff certainly helps with that.

Bottom line is, buffing legendary cards HELPS. Buffing a 5p card that has not been used since gwent beta to 4p without changing anything else is a WASTE of effort. Trying to make it sound like a comparable buff to ST cards would be so much more meaningful is disingenuous.
Well i am not try to compete with ST buffs, since i dont even look for their bufs.

I am only trying to say that the MO bufs isnt "sooo buff"

some cool changes overall but not enough to get me to play this month either, I suppose :shrug:

Bloody good friends and tunnel drill needs a nerf!!!!!!!

The nerf to MO relicts makes sense, altho they nerfed it to the ground now which seems overkill.

It's beyond me that SY hasn't been touched at all and it was at least as strong and maybe even stronger than MO relicts.
No. The only overpowered part of SY is Lined Pockets, Tunnel Drill, Cleaver, and Bloody Good Friends.

Last edited:
Tunnel Drill is fine?
Sc's 5-6 crazy special cards at one turn with Simlas is fine?
25-30 point Gord is fine?
Heatwave, Oneiromancy still in almost every deck is fine?
Crazy nonsense with NR's archgriffin is fine?
Win-the-round-Yrden is fine?
20-30-point NG's Ivar is fine?

It's beyond any real balancing, for real.

Top Bottom